OtherGround Forums I got a second interview!!! What the fuk do I do?!

11/14/19 12:44 AM
9/20/19

Don’t worry, you won’t get it. 

Edited: 11/14/19 12:49 AM
5/23/07
HillboFrateTrane - 

Don't worry, you won't get it. 

well you're a shoe in for the job Faggot OP. I just checked my spreadsheet and this gentleman has never been right about anything.
11/14/19 12:49 AM
4/6/19

if you get the offer, and you're still unsure, negotiate a price/conditions you can't say no to and see if they meet it

11/14/19 12:52 AM
3/16/06
Sogsteel -

Wear a tux to the interview?

What's better than one tux?

Two tuxes. 

11/14/19 12:59 AM
10/4/15

I say definitely bring up politics during the meeting as well as trans rights stuff 

it works for Hollywood 

11/14/19 1:27 AM
9/26/02

Don't forget to work the shaft!

11/14/19 1:46 AM
9/28/19

Can't believe I forgot to call you a faggot. I am shamed. 

11/14/19 2:50 AM
1/1/01
"Who's that ugly bitch in the photo on your desk?"
29 days ago
1/1/01
Nitecrawler - 
jarroyo -

If you’re confident in the direction the company is going I’m a big fan of knowing as many working parts of a business as possible. You’re twice as valuable if you know the ins and outs of two different departments. Plus it will prevent you from feeling burned out.

This is my exact feeling. 

That coupled with the bump in pay I think is an aweomse step forward for my career. 

Presuming there's some stability with the new gig I think it's a good move.

29 days ago
1/1/01

Same thing happened to me last year....only I drank a half pot of coffee and popped some alpha brain and shit the bed like a crackhead in the final interview. Don’t be me! Lol

Edited: 29 days ago
1/6/19

Best advice I can give is DO NOT ACT DESPERATE, act like youre the one giving them a chance to hire you.

29 days ago
12/15/00

Man, I haven’t interviewed in forever but when I was interviewing I looked at it like jiu jitsu...let’s say you learn 4 submissions....armbar, triangle, RNC and guillotine.  The key is to learn how to hit those subs from 400 different positions (rather than learning 400 submissions you can hit from one position each). 

before an interview I would list out a few key traits I wanted to convey and a story for each....I’m really good at X, like the time I Y.  I would then practice in my head getting to one of my traits/stories from a million different questions.  

usually in the first few minutes of the interview when the nerves were kicking in, I’d get a question and think “ok, this question is a setup for trait/story 2...” this would usually calm me right down because like jiu jitsu once you start to maneuver in to a comfortable spot you can relax and focus on your game. 

29 days ago
7/30/14

Kinda sounds like a win/win faggot humble brag.

Good luck man, you’ll be golden either way by the sounds of it.

29 days ago
4/12/11

10 deep breaths

2 belts of scotch

Be confident

Know you are the best candidate

Ace the interview

29 days ago
6/3/03
showmedaway -

Best advice I can give is DO NOT ACT DESPERATE, act like youre the one giving them a chance to hire you.

Yeah, the last time I interviewed I was laid off and looking for a job. However, this time around I’m in the unique position of already having a great job so whether they hire me or not it’s all good. 

29 days ago
6/3/03
ryanJ -

Man, I haven’t interviewed in forever but when I was interviewing I looked at it like jiu jitsu...let’s say you learn 4 submissions....armbar, triangle, RNC and guillotine.  The key is to learn how to hit those subs from 400 different positions (rather than learning 400 submissions you can hit from one position each). 

before an interview I would list out a few key traits I wanted to convey and a story for each....I’m really good at X, like the time I Y.  I would then practice in my head getting to one of my traits/stories from a million different questions.  

usually in the first few minutes of the interview when the nerves were kicking in, I’d get a question and think “ok, this question is a setup for trait/story 2...” this would usually calm me right down because like jiu jitsu once you start to maneuver in to a comfortable spot you can relax and focus on your game. 

Fucking great post that should be copy/pasted in every thread on the OG concerning interviewing. 

VTFU

29 days ago
4/27/15

Wear a tux and a tophat.  No can defend

29 days ago
6/3/03

Tomorrow at 11, shit is going down!!!

Im gonna make that interview my bitch!!!!

Edited: 28 days ago
6/3/03

10 Minutes till interview. Not gonna lie, I’m shitting myself a bit LOL. 

Got that slow adrenaline dump going on like when you’re in that escalation phase right before a fight breaks out. 

28 days ago
7/14/16

Use interviews as a chance to interview them as well. Ask questions that are legit concerns or curiousities. It will help you make a better decision on whether you really want the job as well as if you are a good fit for it. If they have issues with your questions and how serious you take the potential transition, then maybe they will decide you aren't really right for it anyway, and save you the chance of making a big mistake. 

I did exactly this when I interviewed for a different position at my company. I was one of about 20 potential candidates. Several were much more qualified and had experience over me... all I really had going for me was I am a hard worker with a good reputation at work, and I've showed an ability to learn and excel quickly when given new chances. 

I still didn't think I'd get it... there were 4 openings for the same position, each with different schdules and pays. At the end of the interview when they tried to wrap it up I asked if I could ask a few questions in case they do consider me... during that time I told them off the bat I was only interested in one specific schedule and would not consider taking any others as my family is the most important. Then I asked about other freedoms and aspects of the position that I have and would potentially lose. I honestly thought I was disqualifying myself by not kissing their ass and basically saying I would have more requirements than the next guy. I was shocked as hell when they called me the next day offering me the job. My new boss told me he appreciated the honesty I had, and the thought I had put into it. He said it shows I'm taking the new responsibilities serious.

Now I just have to not fuck it up when I switch in two weeks lol.

28 days ago
7/4/09
Nitecrawler -

10 Minutes till interview. Not gonna lie, I’m shitting myself a bit LOL. 

Got that slow adrenaline dump going on like when you’re in that escalation phase right before a fight breaks out. 

Make it happen faggot!

28 days ago
11/14/11

remember to take a friend with you while you're waiting for the interview and be there at least 1/2 hour before.  be sure to ask for a company pen to write down any responses you receive.

28 days ago
6/30/07

Good luck buddy

28 days ago
12/15/11

Masturbate during the interview. 

28 days ago
7/4/09

How did it go?