OtherGround Forums I got a second interview!!! What the fuk do I do?!

28 days ago
6/3/03

Hey guys, I think it went really well. Probably be at least 2 weeks or so before I hear something but I think I might have nailed it!

28 days ago
8/20/03
Nitecrawler - 

Hey guys, I think it went really well. Probably be at least 2 weeks or so before I hear something but I think I might have nailed it!

Good job!

...faggot...

28 days ago
11/17/10

20 to 25 percent is a pretty big deal.  as long as u dont sacrifice much time away from family, id go for it

28 days ago
6/30/07

Apparently they love sweaty guys that sound like Harvey firestien with testosterone suppliments

You know that you nailed it, good job meng

28 days ago
5/23/07
Captain Canuck - 
Nitecrawler - 

Good job!

...faggot...

this....well done faggot OP. I hope you get the job.
28 days ago
6/3/03

Thanks guys, I’m really excited cause if I get the opportunity, that’s awesome. If I don’t, at least my current department knows that I have one foot out the door and maybe they start treating me better or give a bump. 

28 days ago
5/23/07
Nitecrawler - 

Thanks guys, I’m really excited cause if I get the opportunity, that’s awesome. If I don’t, at least my current department knows that I have one foot out the door and maybe they start treating me better or give a bump. 

If you need a bump give NiteProwler a shout. Faggot.
12 days ago
6/3/03

Update:

Hiring manager called me on Monday and said he’d like to request a face to face tomorrow. 

No idea what the fuck that means as the last time I was hired in this organization they offered me the job over the phone. 

Could he be asking me to come in to let me down easy? Could they be offering me the job? Could he be introducing me to the casting couch and asking me how badly I want that job?!?

Seriously, I’m at a loss as to why the fuck they would request a face to face. Doubt I’ll sleep tonight as I’m revved the fuck up. 

12 days ago
8/23/11
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Hiring manager called me on Monday and said he’d like to request a face to face tomorrow. 

No idea what the fuck that means as the last time I was hired in this organization they offered me the job over the phone. 

Could he be asking me to come in to let me down easy? Could they be offering me the job? Could he be introducing me to the casting couch and asking me how badly I want that job?!?

Seriously, I’m at a loss as to why the fuck they would request a face to face. Doubt I’ll sleep tonight as I’m revved the fuck up. 

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

12 days ago
6/6/02

I think that's a good news.

They would not waste their time just to say no to you. 

So, lube up before and start stretching your diameter now. 

12 days ago
10/14/03

Wear clean underwear faggot

12 days ago
6/30/07

Shave your chin

12 days ago
6/3/03
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

I certainly hope it is but I’m somewhat of a pessimist so until the ink is dry on the contract I’m just going to assume they are letting me know I don’t have the job. 

With that said, I’ve already made up my mind that I’m not going to accept their first offer and I’m going to counter with a number about $5k higher. I mean, the worst they can say is no, right?

12 days ago
5/8/13
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

I certainly hope it is but I’m somewhat of a pessimist so until the ink is dry on the contract I’m just going to assume they are letting me know I don’t have the job. 

With that said, I’ve already made up my mind that I’m not going to accept their first offer and I’m going to counter with a number about $5k higher. I mean, the worst they can say is no, right?

25% raise, they’re taking a chance on a guy who’s never done it before, AND you’re asking for another 5k on top of it?!  You’ve got balls haha. If they say no do you feel stupid taking the job for the original offer? 

12 days ago
5/8/13
Dugs95 -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

25% raise, they’re taking a chance on a guy who’s never done it before, AND you’re asking for another 5k on top of it?!  You’ve got balls haha. If they say no do you feel stupid taking the job for the original offer? 

Good luck btw......... faggot 

12 days ago
3/16/11
Mountain Medic -

Shave your chin

Balls too. Better safe than sorry. 

12 days ago
6/3/03
Dugs95 -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

No guts, no glory. 

12 days ago
2/5/05
Pilgor the goat -
Mountain Medic -

Shave your chin

Balls too. Better safe than sorry. 

Put two small towels in your pocket too. 

Shows you think ahead and are considerate. 

12 days ago
4/27/15
Nitecrawler -

Update:

You bragged about your superior lack of gag reflex one time too many.  Time to prove it

12 days ago
2/5/05
Nitecrawler -
Dugs95 -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

No guts, no glory. 

At my job I was switching industries and took a small decrease and I was hired in at the top of what the position offers. During the salary discussion I simply stated what I was currently making and I’d have to consider their offer.  They came back with a hiring bonus to make things even. 

You could always go that route. 

12 days ago
7/7/10

get me a new job, i fuckign hate my current one 

12 days ago
6/16/10
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Nitecrawler - 

If you need a bump give NiteProwler a shout. Faggot.

Lol.

I was so close to responding to OP with my advice being to not go on a never before his 2nd interview...before I realised I had the wrong Nite!

12 days ago
4/22/03

You got the job NC. Congrats!

buy me an Alto necker please. 

12 days ago
6/16/10
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

Counter 10k, but justify why - they know what they're getting, butput the icing on the cake. If you have to negotiate, start high and if you go down from there you can control things and and up at the point you'd be happy at anyway (the 5k extra).

Or they give you the 10k.

I do this for a living, I negotiate on behalf of others. This is how you should do it, but reiterating why they are hiring you, and then giving them even more reasons to get the deal done.

Edited: 12 days ago
6/3/03
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

Counter 10k, but justify why - they know what they're getting, butput the icing on the cake. If you have to negotiate, start high and if you go down from there you can control things and and up at the point you'd be happy at anyway (the 5k extra).

Or they give you the 10k.

I do this for a living, I negotiate on behalf of others. This is how you should do it, but reiterating why they are hiring you, and then giving them even more reasons to get the deal done.

That’s great advice but I don’t want to overplay my hand. My fear is they would be like “$5k more?!? Get fucked! We are going with someone else” LOL.