OtherGround Forums I got a second interview!!! What the fuk do I do?!

12 days ago
11/28/19
Squatdog - Sodomise him to establish dominance.

Sounds like you know from experience.

12 days ago
10/14/03
sucromai - 

Great first post, you faggot. 

12 days ago
7/2/07

Agree with all the positive comments.

With you stating you are generally a cynic I am sure you will be prepared for whatever waits ahead in this meeting.

Do keep in mind it could basically an offer but wants to cover a few topics first. I know people that want to just confirm (review again) the person understands what is required/asked before pulling the trigger.

12 days ago
8/23/11
Nitecrawler -
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Hiring manager called me on Monday and said he’d like to request a face to face tomorrow. 

No idea what the fuck that means as the last time I was hired in this organization they offered me the job over the phone. 

Could he be asking me to come in to let me down easy? Could they be offering me the job? Could he be introducing me to the casting couch and asking me how badly I want that job?!?

Seriously, I’m at a loss as to why the fuck they would request a face to face. Doubt I’ll sleep tonight as I’m revved the fuck up. 

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

I certainly hope it is but I’m somewhat of a pessimist so until the ink is dry on the contract I’m just going to assume they are letting me know I don’t have the job. 

With that said, I’ve already made up my mind that I’m not going to accept their first offer and I’m going to counter with a number about $5k higher. I mean, the worst they can say is no, right?

Counter 10k, but justify why - they know what they're getting, butput the icing on the cake. If you have to negotiate, start high and if you go down from there you can control things and and up at the point you'd be happy at anyway (the 5k extra).

Or they give you the 10k.

I do this for a living, I negotiate on behalf of others. This is how you should do it, but reiterating why they are hiring you, and then giving them even more reasons to get the deal done.

That’s great advice but I don’t want to overplay my hand. My fear is they would be like “$5k more?!? Get fucked! We are going with someone else” LOL. 

If they have chosen job already then the $5 or $10 will NOT stop you from getting the job. 

rhey will counter you back and it will be up to you to accept or not. 

They spent a lot of $ into finding the right candidate. And $5k extra maybe be worth it. 

mid they don’t accept your $ offer there are other forms of renuneration 

car allwownaces / gas / in’s

extra week vacation 

work from home 

signing bonus 

pay for home office if you’re not commuting 

driver to pick you up nd take you to work 

relocation money 

12 days ago
6/3/03

Supposed to meet up at about 11. So in a few hours I’ll know what’s up. 

I’m really fucking nervous. Actually feel more nervous than when I had the interviews. WTF?

12 days ago
6/3/03
androb -
Nitecrawler -
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Hiring manager called me on Monday and said he’d like to request a face to face tomorrow. 

No idea what the fuck that means as the last time I was hired in this organization they offered me the job over the phone. 

Could he be asking me to come in to let me down easy? Could they be offering me the job? Could he be introducing me to the casting couch and asking me how badly I want that job?!?

Seriously, I’m at a loss as to why the fuck they would request a face to face. Doubt I’ll sleep tonight as I’m revved the fuck up. 

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

I certainly hope it is but I’m somewhat of a pessimist so until the ink is dry on the contract I’m just going to assume they are letting me know I don’t have the job. 

With that said, I’ve already made up my mind that I’m not going to accept their first offer and I’m going to counter with a number about $5k higher. I mean, the worst they can say is no, right?

Counter 10k, but justify why - they know what they're getting, butput the icing on the cake. If you have to negotiate, start high and if you go down from there you can control things and and up at the point you'd be happy at anyway (the 5k extra).

I do this for a living, I negotiate on behalf of others. This is how you should do it, but reiterating why they are hiring you, and then giving them even more reasons to get the deal done.

That’s great advice but I don’t want to overplay my hand. My fear is they would be like “$5k more?!? Get fucked! We are going with someone else” LOL. 

If they have chosen job already then the $5 or $10 will NOT stop you from getting the job. 

They spent a lot of $ into finding the right candidate. And $5k extra maybe be worth it. 

extra week vacation 

work from home 

signing bonus 

relocation money 

Good point. I’ll keep that in mind. 

Would it be inappropriate to say I’d have to think about the offer and then counter tomorrow or should I counter right away?

12 days ago
11/30/11
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

extra week vacation 

work from home 

signing bonus 

relocation money 

Would it be inappropriate to say I’d have to think about the offer and then counter tomorrow or should I counter right away?

Just me but I’d tell them I need to think about everything so I can make the best decision possible for the company and myself.  Then counter the following day.

11 days ago
4/24/07
Nitecrawler - 
androb -
Nitecrawler -
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

extra week vacation 

work from home 

signing bonus 

relocation money 

Personally i would counter right there,. I think if you said you needed time they might start looking at the next guy down the list. If there is another person who is just as good as you are but has a hairlip and thats why they didnt want him, how much is that hairlip going to be worth? Of course i'm being a bit funny with the hairlip but I am making a larger point. In that you really don't know how close the next person is to getting the same job. Which means its entirely possible of annoying your bosses with shit you will never get when the only difference between you and the next guy is small.

Counter right there respectfully, List your qualities in your favor and why your qualities will be a greater asset to the company than the next person. Remind them why they offered the job to you. Show them your worth what your asking for.

If that doesn't work tell the hiring manager you found "pictures" on his hard drive.

11 days ago
8/23/11
Nitecrawler - 
androb -
Nitecrawler -
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

extra week vacation 

work from home 

signing bonus 

relocation money 

absolutely take the day to think about it.. Tell them you appreciate the generous offer and want to talk it over with your family... and will be back tomorrow.
11 days ago
7/4/09

So what happened?

11 days ago
7/4/09
Argonaut -

So what happened?

11 days ago
6/29/11

Wear glasses and fake mustache. Use your best James Earl Jones voice. 

11 days ago
1/1/01

Well

11 days ago
6/3/03

Sorry for the delayed response, lots of personal shit going on this week that needed my attention. 

Long story short, the job is mine. Hiring manager said that he needs to present my salary requirements to the higher ups, but he does not see an issue with them. He said once they sign off on it HR will reach out to me with a formal offer end of this week or early next week. 

Dude said on a personal note he knows of my work and because of me coming highly recommended from everyone he spoke to they decided to move forward with me even though some of my skill set was going to have to be learned on the job as oppose to coming in with those skills. Dude said that he thinks I’ll hit a home run in this position and said that there is no doubt in my mind that I shouldn’t see a promotion within a year or two if I perform at the level I’ve been performing at. 

Too say I’m pretty fucking pshyced would be an understatement.  

11 days ago
1/1/01

Congrats. You buying rounds?

11 days ago
3/16/10

Awesome NC.  

11 days ago
7/4/09

Congrats NC, killin it.

11 days ago
11/15/04

Nicely done

11 days ago
6/10/02

Congratulations

11 days ago
3/13/18
sucromai -

Not as creative a sn as you thought. 

11 days ago
3/13/18

Congrats

11 days ago
6/16/10
androb -
Nitecrawler -
Tight.Anik -
Nitecrawler -
androb -
Nitecrawler -

Update:

Negotiate salary 

you got the job brah. 

congrats 

extra week vacation 

work from home 

signing bonus 

relocation money 

Yep, all of this. At the end of the day you need to be clear in your mind where the "acceptance point" is. It's that money/working conditions etc. What's mandatory for you VS what's desirable for you.

Being clear in your mind on what these are, and where things need to sit in order for you to accept, will make your decision a lot easier. The dollars may be there, and you don't feel the need to extract more, but flexibility to work from home in occasion, or get there/leave early for school drop offs a couple a times a fortnight etc may be important.

These are examples - what are your mandatory VS desirables? Knowing that will allow you to negotiate the best deal, bespoke to you.

11 days ago
6/16/10
Nitecrawler -

Sorry for the delayed response, lots of personal shit going on this week that needed my attention. 

Long story short, the job is mine. Hiring manager said that he needs to present my salary requirements to the higher ups, but he does not see an issue with them. He said once they sign off on it HR will reach out to me with a formal offer end of this week or early next week. 

Dude said on a personal note he knows of my work and because of me coming highly recommended from everyone he spoke to they decided to move forward with me even though some of my skill set was going to have to be learned on the job as oppose to coming in with those skills. Dude said that he thinks I’ll hit a home run in this position and said that there is no doubt in my mind that I shouldn’t see a promotion within a year or two if I perform at the level I’ve been performing at. 

Too say I’m pretty fucking pshyced would be an understatement.  

Congrats, that is awesome. 

11 days ago
11/17/10

nice xmas gift to yourself

11 days ago
6/16/10
The_Pundits_Ghost -
sucromai -

Not as creative a sn as you thought. 

Lol.