OtherGround Forums I just logged into my unemployment account.

11 days ago
3/16/15
Homelander - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
Homelander - I'm a legit psycho which some can probably attest to, but fuck you chicken shits. PJ a bird and a fag but wat does dat make u?

LOFL, what makes you such a legit bad ass?

Didn't say bad ass, just got emotional problems, lol.

You guys dogging on PJ are funny. Dude is way to out there in regards to his personal life, but who the fuck are you?

Who the fuck am I?

Simple.

I am a guy that has supported himself his entire adult life without looking for a handout from anyone else.

Jay looks for a free ride every fucking winter for 3 - 4 months.

Jay hit the jackpot this winter due to Covid. He gets an extra $600 of free money each week courtesy of the US taxpayer.

And Jay is happy to not support himself.
11 days ago
10/30/19
Homelander - 
Homelander - I'm a legit psycho which some can probably attest to, but fuck you chicken shits. PJ a bird and a fag but wat does dat make u?

You guys dogging on PJ are funny. Dude is way to out there in regards to his personal life, but who the fuck are you?

Who the fuck am I?

Simple.

I am a guy that has supported himself his entire adult life without looking for a handout from anyone else.

Jay looks for a free ride every fucking winter for 3 - 4 months.

Jay hit the jackpot this winter due to Covid. He gets an extra $600 of free money each week courtesy of the US taxpayer.

And Jay is happy to not support himself.

kick rocks...smh...you guys that focus your life's hate on PJ are funny. Keep my head ringing. Dude is giant weirdo, so?
11 days ago
1/1/01
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
Fighting -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

With golf courses now open and PJ returned to work (I'm assuming), is the gravy train finally grinding up a halt? 

More importantly, has this changed the time slot for the podcast? I haven't been able to listen for a few weeks being out of town.

Ttt - did he go back to work? Id bet anything he milks this until its 100% exhausted and is forced off the teet.

I just assumed he'd gone back as Golf Courses across the country have been open for weeks.

I admit I give Jay some shit now and then but it's all in good fun. Still I'm sure it annoys him and I'll acknowledge that. However, I would be happy to know an OGer still has a job after all this. There will be many businesses shut down after all this is over.

11 days ago
1/10/13

For the first time in my life of 30 years of working I am forced to get unemployment. I was making $70k/yr and full benefits. My unemployment is about the same as I made, but I lost all of my insurances. I feel half embarrassed to collect it and not have a job, and half scared because I've never been unemployed. I can't lie, hearing people excited about getting unemployment drives me insane. I made $70K/yr and get the same unemployment as some parttime workers that made $30k. I have zero respect for any and everyone milking this out that could be working. I wish I still had a job to go back to.

Edited: 11 days ago
5/4/14
Homelander -

Not sure why TUKW spends time fucking with Jay but he made a very generous offer (which I declined) when my daughters cat had a ridiculously expensive surgery. He likely doesn’t remember that but dude is okay in my book. 

11 days ago
10/30/19
Straydog24 - 
Homelander -

Not sure why TUKW spends time fucking with Jay but he made a very generous offer (which I declined) when my daughters cat had a ridiculously expensive surgery. He likely doesn’t remember that but dude is okay in my book. 

I"m not trying to start ebeefs, lord knows I got enough of those already, but fella seems to hate Jay. I don't know him from chats or posts but guy could chill out it seems.
11 days ago
10/4/14
boxing wiz -

For the first time in my life of 30 years of working I am forced to get unemployment. I was making $70k/yr and full benefits. My unemployment is about the same as I made, but I lost all of my insurances. I feel half embarrassed to collect it and not have a job, and half scared because I've never been unemployed. I can't lie, hearing people excited about getting unemployment drives me insane. I made $70K/yr and get the same unemployment as some parttime workers that made $30k. I have zero respect for any and everyone milking this out that could be working. I wish I still had a job to go back to.

I’m getting unemployment right now and I feel guilty too. I’ve been working my job for 4 years and would like to keep working there once they reopen but they may not need me until mid July but I still have a job there and will go back eventually. Should I look for some shit job that makes half of what I get on unemployment until they call me back or should I just wait it out and collect? Am I being a freeloading piece of shit? I kind of feel like it but my girlfriend says it would be stupid to find a different job for a month and make less money? I’m not sure what I should do. 

11 days ago
5/4/14
Homelander -
Straydog24 - 
Homelander -

I"m not trying to start ebeefs, lord knows I got enough of those already, but fella seems to hate Jay. I don't know him from chats or posts but guy could chill out it seems.

Jay fires a lot of people up and there are definitely some solid guys in here that let him have it. My opinion of Jay has softened after listening to him for the last couple months. 

11 days ago
3/16/15
Straydog24 - 
Homelander -

Hey, I remember making the offer, I honestly did not remember who I made the offer to. Thanks for remembering, and the offer still stands. Not joking about any of that.
11 days ago
2/29/16
anybody who likes cats can't be too bad.
11 days ago
1/1/01
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
evh -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
the_shrike -

Yeah I wonder how a country club clubhouse operates with social distancing, and if Jay would be needed yet.

The members are going to probably have to wait a little more before they can power stance the hand dryer, eyes locked, while their balls are gently caressed, warmed, and softly dried.

Jay is posting regularly on the OG, but perhaps avoiding this thread, for good reason, as he's been blasted in the past. 

I'd ask in his podcast thread if he's back to work considering openings country wide, but no need to muddy down that gem.

Maybe someone can call into “his” show and ask him how it feels to be back to work

Maybe I'm wrong, and Michigan golf courses aren't open?

Nothing would surprise me with regards to Whitmer.

Jay did just post a link looking for money to do voice overs, so maybe times aren't so rosy after all!

She opened them Apr 24th

11 days ago
1/1/01
boxing wiz - 

That's the usual response of a person who has to take unemployment. A person of decent character anyways. You feel like you worked as hard as you could to support yourself and your family, did everything you're supposed to, then bam. Sorry, no more job for you. A real liver shot to the personal pride.

Jay thumbs his nose at your "working man" personal pride. Pffft. Just get your free check and go buy something expensive and cool. It feels good! Then showcase it here, so we can all revel in your cool, freely obtained belongings.

lol
11 days ago
11/11/13
the_shrike -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
evh -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
the_shrike -

Yeah I wonder how a country club clubhouse operates with social distancing, and if Jay would be needed yet.

The members are going to probably have to wait a little more before they can power stance the hand dryer, eyes locked, while their balls are gently caressed, warmed, and softly dried.

Jay is posting regularly on the OG, but perhaps avoiding this thread, for good reason, as he's been blasted in the past. 

I'd ask in his podcast thread if he's back to work considering openings country wide, but no need to muddy down that gem.

Maybe someone can call into “his” show and ask him how it feels to be back to work

Jay did just post a link looking for money to do voice overs, so maybe times aren't so rosy after all!

She opened them Apr 24th

Holy shit, almost a month now. I thought Michigan was one of the slower states to open.

So PJ has gone back to work then, along with his wife. That's good.

11 days ago
11/11/13
Homelander -
Straydog24 - 
Homelander -

You have many ebeefs?

You sound like a real loser.

11 days ago
1/1/01
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
the_shrike -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
evh -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
the_shrike -

She opened them Apr 24th

Holy shit, almost a month now. I thought Michigan was one of the slower states to open.

Not necessarily, as clubhouse staff may not be needed yet as per social distance guidelines and safe work environment plans.  I’m guessing the course could be open but not the clubhouse for hoity toity loitering

11 days ago
11/11/13
the_shrike -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
the_shrike -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
evh -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
the_shrike -

She opened them Apr 24th

Not necessarily, as clubhouse staff may not be needed yet as per social distance guidelines and safe work environment plans.  I’m guessing the course could be open but not the clubhouse for hoity toity loitering

True.

However, I thought Jay was the secretary at the club, answering the phones and such? Which would be needed, especially if they have limited in person contact. 

11 days ago
1/10/13
PeteyWheatstraw -
boxing wiz - 

That's the usual response of a person who has to take unemployment. A person of decent character anyways. You feel like you worked as hard as you could to support yourself and your family, did everything you're supposed to, then bam. Sorry, no more job for you. A real liver shot to the personal pride.

Jay thumbs his nose at your "working man" personal pride. Pffft. Just get your free check and go buy something expensive and cool. It feels good! Then showcase it here, so we can all revel in your cool, freely obtained belongings.

lol

Even though I had no control of the situation, I honestly feel ashamed to have been let go from my job. It is the first time I've ever been in this situation and it is terrifying.I have some tough decisions to make now. It wasn't the greatest job, but it was consistent $70-75k with excellent medical benefits. It was just good enough that it will be difficult to find another gig as good. I'm in no position to be judging anyone and thay is not why I posted here. No offense to Jay or anyone else, but I don't understand how someone can have pride while depending on government assistance to supplement their income. Being people like this aren't out any money from the COVID situation I don't understand why the were even given the stimulus money or the extra $600 wk unemployment. If they didn't lose a job or money during the economic shutdown I don't think they should receive any money. The country is likely spiraling into a terrible depression. I can't help but wonder how people who struggled economically when things were going strong will survive if the job market takes a shit like economists are predicting. 

11 days ago
10/11/18
boxing wiz -

Dad?

11 days ago
1/10/13
mysteryman -
boxing wiz -

Dad?

Am I a Dad? Yes, have a 19yo daughter, who has autism and type 1 diabetes. Poor kid got dealt a pretty shitty hand in life. She'll never be able support herself. We are pushing her to get some sort of a job, mainly just to give her some purpose and something to do. Her therapist and psychiatrist say we need to start the process to get her paperwork started for full disability. I wasnt overly concerned about it because we were supporting her either way and I hated thinking we were sucking off of the gorvernment.  I'll need to get it going now for the medical. It will save me $500/month if we can take her off our medical plan. Permanent disabilty qualifies her for mediccal too. Its Crazy how much life has changed for n us since March.

11 days ago
11/11/13
boxing wiz -
mysteryman -
boxing wiz -

Dad?

Am I a Dad? Yes, have a 19yo daughter, who has autism and type 1 diabetes. Poor kid got dealt a pretty shitty hand in life. She'll never be able support herself. We are pushing her to get some sort of a job, mainly just to give her some purpose and something to do. Her therapist and psychiatrist say we need to start the process to get her paperwork started for full disability. I wasnt overly concerned about it because we were supporting her either way and I hated thinking we were sucking off of the gorvernment.  I'll need to get it going now for the medical. It will save me $500/month if we can take her off our medical plan. Permanent disabilty qualifies her for mediccal too. Its Crazy how much life has changed for n us since March.

Best of luck with everything! Hope it all works out for you and the fam.

11 days ago
10/11/18
boxing wiz -
mysteryman -
boxing wiz -

Dad?

You seem like a good dude, best of luck man.

My dad has a similar work situation, which is why I asked if you were my dad.  

11 days ago
3/16/15
boxing wiz - 
mysteryman -
boxing wiz -

Dad?

You are batshit crazy if you don't file for disability for your daughter. Your daughter's situation is the EXACT reason we have the system. You aren't milking or abusing the system. You are taking your share that you paid for over the 30 years you have worked.

Best of luck.
10 days ago
1/1/01
boxing wiz - 
mysteryman -
boxing wiz -

Dad?

You are batshit crazy if you don't file for disability for your daughter. Your daughter's situation is the EXACT reason we have the system. You aren't milking or abusing the system. You are taking your share that you paid for over the 30 years you have worked.

Best of luck.

Yea, you should be all over that. I've known so many idiots that get or want disability that just need a kick in the ass. You have a legit, serious need for help with her and it's there for you. Take it or some undeserving schmuck will get it, lol.

Edited: 10 days ago
2/29/16

Some people don't want to accept those sort of programs or benefits. My good friend is a USMC veteran of the Iraq war and didn't want to accept VA benefits because he didn't want a "handout". I said similar to UKW and Petey, the contract he signed at enslistment was an agreement where those things were benefits the government would provide him during/after his service.  He honored his agreement, let the goverment honor theirs.  But we had a conversation about it before he did.

There is no shame in using these sort of programs when you have a legitmate need for them.

10 days ago
4/26/10
PeteyWheatstraw -
boxing wiz - 
mysteryman -
boxing wiz -

Dad?

Best of luck.

Yea, you should be all over that. I've known so many idiots that get or want disability that just need a kick in the ass. You have a legit, serious need for help with her and it's there for you. Take it or some undeserving schmuck will get it, lol.

I wouldn't have survived if not for Medicare and Disability for a few years. I didn't like it, but I had 0 options.

When the answer to the where I plan to be in 5 years comes out, I'm an instant deny. I don't know where I'll be in 5 minutes, maybe pissing my pants. I'll be lucky to make it to 2025 above ground. Not a good investment for the company! Haha

Fortunately I don't need it anymore, and mine will be there for the next person. She can have mine.