OtherGround Forums I sort of understand the Scientologists now...

3 days ago
7/27/06
As far as their beef with psychiatrists... I recently experienced my deepest bout of depression yet.

Went to therapy, was referred to a psychiatrist and after about an hour I had my hands on Xannies and Anti-depressants.

The antidepressants shit all over your ability to orgasm. I only took them for a week. Your muscles that flex and make you shoot ropes turn into jelly. I am still having issues after coming off of them and I read that the ability for some never even returns.

I took my Xannies every other day to avoid dependence... I'm skipping today and find myself dying for one of these bitches.

I woke up feeling amazing and in a great mood. I still feel pretty good but my body is begging me for that Xanax. It even hurts in my heart a little bit.

After 45 mins of fucking talking I was diagnosed with depression and giving drugs that fuck with your brain in a serious ways and produce side effects which may be life long.

No alternate approaches were suggested, no behavioral therapy, no better habits... "Here's some fuckin brain drugs."

If you are having issues with depression, dig deep, try to find that initial drive to exercise in the morning and try some god damn cold showers.

I think L. Ron was on to something...
3 days ago
3/22/13

Get the fuck off the xannies mate, they are the devils sweeties.

3 days ago
1/25/04

Fuck Xanax.

If this antidepressant doesn’t work, suggest switching over to Wellbutrin. It affects dopamine over serotonin.

3 days ago
1/16/12

Ive been through a gang load of SSRIs SRNIs & multiple addictions

xanax has been the nastiest one. Had over 10 seizures quoting or cutting my dose down. Oh and lost my mind countless amounts of time. Luckily my memory is still there

stay ay away from Xanax. Also if you really have strong depression no amount of working out will help. If you're having a dry spill of some depression it will help. Everyone's different though 

I'm in a very dark whole still. 

3 days ago
7/27/06
Acidic - 

xanax has been the nastiest one. Had over 10 seizures quoting or cutting my dose down. Oh and lost my mind countless amounts of time. Luckily my memory is still there

stay ay away from Xanax. Also if you really have strong depression no amount of working out will help. If you're having a dry spill of some depression it will help. Everyone's different though 

Hang in there brother. Times are fuckin tough.

3 days ago
3/22/13
Pontious_Pilates -
Acidic - 

Hang in there brother. Times are fuckin tough.

This.

Summer isn't far off now, always lifts my mood when I don't have to head to work wrapped up like an Inuit in the dark in icy sheet rain!

3 days ago
8/20/02

It’s true. Excercise I think has been proven to work as well if not better than drugs. The drugs cause more problems than they solve. 

Train hard, learn to laugh at yourself and try not to spend too much time in your own head. 

Get a hobby and immerse yourself in it, join a rec team, get outside and walk the dog. Any one of those things will work better than the zombie drugs.

3 days ago
8/20/02

Also with depression and excercise it’s a bit of a tough one at first because depression KILLS motivation.

Commit to only 5-10mins max for the first few days, you’ll find the boost it gives you will make you want to do more. Then try 30 mins a day, then 30 mins in the morning and again in the afternoon or night. 

Find a good program and stick to it for however long, be it P90x or one of those other online workouts.

3 days ago
7/27/06
Palmala Handerson - 

Also with depression and excercise it’s a bit of a tough one at first because depression KILLS motivation.

Commit to only 5-10mins max for the first few days, you’ll find the boost it gives you will make you want to do more. Then try 30 mins a day, then 30 mins in the morning and again in the afternoon or night. 

Find a good program and stick to it for however long, be it P90x or one of those other online workouts.

Dude you are awesome. Yes, your motivation is crushed. It fucking sucks. I lost the love of my life, largely due to my lack of motivation. Jesus.
3 days ago
10/22/14

Psychiatrists in most countries only prescribe medication, they do not do any form of counselling or therapy. 

In Canada, Psychiatrists only book 10 minute appointment slots for example. They may book an initial consultation that is longer but that is just due to them trying to figure out which medication to prescribe for you. While theoretically they are supposed to diagnose and also prescribe other forms of therapy in practice they tend to diagnose very quickly from antiquated questionaires and prescribe medication only. They often will rotate you through a series of medications with varying horrible side effects till they get one or combination that hopefully has minimal side effects and hopefully you haven't committed suicide by that point.

They definitely have their place out there but I wonder if the professional as a whole does more harm than good, I can't say that about any other healthcare professional. 

3 days ago
10/22/14
Palmala Handerson -

I would like to add that with exercise 5-10 minutes can actually work quite well to improve your mood. Just workout really hard for 5-10 minutes and you will feel pretty great. 

But exercise alone didn't help me long term, it just gave me some temporary relief which was great.

Edited: 3 days ago
9/7/11

I am no doctor and I don’t claim to be, however, I did some research on the Wim Hof breathing method. Many people with depression swear by it to overcome it. 
I have my own view of depression, I have been on the cusp before, never full blown out though. One thing I realized was I was depressed when I thought about the past, but happy when I realized tomorrow I can literally change my entire life if I chose. Think of the future and not the past and live freely my friend. Good luck. Life’s good!

3 days ago
1/3/20

I could have given you the means to manage your shit! Go read or listen to the Audiobook "Can't Hurt Me" then go find yourself through suffering and pushing yourself everyday, be it running, biking, hiking. If it sucks, do it!

I just got in from a run, yep it sucked but it's done and it beats the hell out of sleeping in and Not improving!

Stay hard! 

Edited: 3 days ago
4/1/15

I'm currently switching from Zoloft to Wellbutrin.

I've never had an issue with orgasms, it's just I'm not really interested in sex as much. Slow starter but once I get going it's fine.

Get off the Xanax ASAP.

You absolutely cannot cum on Xanax. 

3 days ago
7/28/02

Grains cause depression.  Check out Brain of the Gut - all neurotransmitters made by intestinal flora

3 days ago
7/28/02

Image result for grain brain depression

3 days ago
5/31/07
Leaving high school I was certain I wanted to study psychology. The deeper I got, the more my interest waned, however. It was constantly changing, but to me, not in a good way. In a way that was very subjective, which I strongly dislike.
3 days ago
3/28/10

You need to enslave people to beat depression.