OtherGround Forums I will be on Joe Rogans Podcast someday

6 days ago
11/27/19

I never told you not to follow your dream, I just said it might not be the best time to follow your dream.

Just like you, I'm following my dream of becoming a lawyer, but only because I got the support from my wife and my business is stable where I don't necessarily have to be there for long hours. Let's say if I told my wife about following my dream while we were still struggling to gain customers, she would have said, "Now isn't the right time Bobby."

I never tell my students, who have similar dreams to yours,  not to follow their dreams but I tell them to gain their parents' support first. 

Here are the reasons why I think it is not the right time:

1. You are 28 and your parents are still supporting you. You are at the age where you should be supporting yourself.

2. I assume your parents are in their 70s or 80s, they are old and they still have to work so they can provide for the entire family, which to some people might seem malicious and evil

3. Your parents already suffered a lot from your older siblings and you being aware of this and still prioritizing your dream over the well-being of your parents might seem evil to some

Have you asked about your parents' dreams? Maybe it is their dream to retire and travel around the world. I seriously think your actions to help your parents to reach their dreams in the twilight of their years will motivate more people than you winning the ATG. 

You say you have many goals. That's good but prioritize them. Write them down and see which one is at the top and make that your primary goal. I really wish motivating people the right way and spreading positivity is at the top of your list instead of becoming famous. When you are young and have a lot of energy, I guess fame could be fun, but as you get older, fame becomes less attractive, because you appreciate the quiet, peaceful life you enjoy with your family. 

If you are going for AGT, winning the AGT should be your primary goal. Don't be wishy-washy and say, 'oh even if I fail, I gave my best and I can gain other opportunities.' That is not the right mindset to have during the process. You can tell yourself that later to appease yourself if you happen to fail. But not right now. I think Dana White mentioned this to the fighters as well. "If you are not thinking about becoming the champion, why are you even here?" So if you going for the win, study other winners, study other competitors who competed before you, measure yourself against them. Reach out to the previous contestants and if possible, learn from them by getting private lessons.

To conclude, you are only seeing things from a single vantage point, that is why I'm trying to help you to see it might not be as harmless as you think. Because of my profession, I'm able to see the perspectives of the dreamers and the supporters of those dreamers. 

Of course, I'm assuming all this from reading what you wrote so I could be wrong. Maybe your parents are filthy rich and they might be very supportive of you. If that is the case, just ignore what I said and good luck with everything.

6 days ago
10/19/19
dabigchet - here are a few people who have been on Rogan's show in the last couple weeks, Kevin

Tulsi Gabbard - college graduate, elected to state legislature at 21, volunteered for military duty, served on a tour of iraq, 4 times elected to the us house of representatives, appointed to important committee memberships, currently running for president of the united states.
Jocko Willink - college graduate, navy seal (team one/team two), platoon commander, deployed all over the world, seal instructor. retired after 20 years of service. BJJ black belt. business owner, author, podcaster.
louis psihoyos - photographer who began as a teenager, studied photojournalism, hired at national geographic at 23, multiple award winner, oscar winning documentarian.
josh homme - founder of queen of the stone age, began playing guitar at 9, started his first band at 15. sold millions of records. played before thousands for 20 years. wrote music, produced, collaborated on countless of other recordings.

And i respect all of those people and the contribution of life theyve been able to bring to the table, thank u for breaking that down for me man, i truly appreciate it, I can appreciate all of them and what they have done especially those who have fought for our country. God bless.

But me i have things i want to accomplish before I go on there to so one day u can mention my name and do the same thing...

Kevin Barber- future motivational speaker. future Hollywood Actor, future weatherman on channel 12, future news anchor, future ESPN journalist, future Weatherman, Future hypeman for the UFC, future entertainer and performer, oh and future WWE 24/7 champion for a day lol, future Gameshow host, Future Host of one of the Oscars...there will be more also...

Now I may not accomplish all of those goals, but I will for sure try, and constantly let the world know that I am trying with a heart full of love.

6 days ago
10/19/19
BobbyBanks -

I never told you not to follow your dream, I just said it might not be the best time to follow your dream.

Just like you, I'm following my dream of becoming a lawyer, but only because I got the support from my wife and my business is stable where I don't necessarily have to be there for long hours. Let's say if I told my wife about following my dream while we were still struggling to gain customers, she would have said, "Now isn't the right time Bobby."

I never tell my students, who have similar dreams to yours,  not to follow their dreams but I tell them to gain their parents' support first. 

1. You are 28 and your parents are still supporting you. You are at the age where you should be supporting yourself.

2. I assume your parents are in their 70s or 80s, they are old and they still have to work so they can provide for the entire family, which to some people might seem malicious and evil

3. Your parents already suffered a lot from your older siblings and you being aware of this and still prioritizing your dream over the well-being of your parents might seem evil to some

Have you asked about your parents' dreams? Maybe it is their dream to retire and travel around the world. I seriously think your actions to help your parents to reach their dreams in the twilight of their years will motivate more people than you winning the ATG. 

You say you have many goals. That's good but prioritize them. Write them down and see which one is at the top and make that your primary goal. I really wish motivating people the right way and spreading positivity is at the top of your list instead of becoming famous. When you are young and have a lot of energy, I guess fame could be fun, but as you get older, fame becomes less attractive, because you appreciate the quiet, peaceful life you enjoy with your family. 

If you are going for AGT, winning the AGT should be your primary goal. Don't be wishy-washy and say, 'oh even if I fail, I gave my best and I can gain other opportunities.' That is not the right mindset to have during the process. You can tell yourself that later to appease yourself if you happen to fail. But not right now. I think Dana White mentioned this to the fighters as well. "If you are not thinking about becoming the champion, why are you even here?" So if you going for the win, study other winners, study other competitors who competed before you, measure yourself against them. Reach out to the previous contestants and if possible, learn from them by getting private lessons.

To conclude, you are only seeing things from a single vantage point, that is why I'm trying to help you to see it might not be as harmless as you think. Because of my profession, I'm able to see the perspectives of the dreamers and the supporters of those dreamers. 

Of course, I'm assuming all this from reading what you wrote so I could be wrong. Maybe your parents are filthy rich and they might be very supportive of you. If that is the case, just ignore what I said and good luck with everything.

the only and best time to start chasing is now my friend...

my parents r supportive of me and what im doing but defitently tell me i still need to work and make money in the meantime...

My parents are comfortable, they are not poor, they are not filthy rich, my dad is a very hard worker and great business man/saleman and my mom has money coming in every month.

I will make my parents proud, I will accomplish a lot of my goals and its because i will continue to follow this vision that has been created in my mind and heart just as of recently. 

6 days ago
9/23/07
BET NOT
6 days ago
1/1/01
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Dryfly -
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

Why haven’t you accomplished anything in the past 35 years?  

28 years actually, I have accomplished some things though,

Ive screwed some things up though also.

But here I am today rebuilding from square 1

IT is never to late to reset and build on something new in life.

And that is what I am doin

28 and zip, zero, nada, accomplished. Time to get real or you will never have anything.

For your own sake, get the fuck out of here, this place is not going to get you anywhere. And it likely isn't the best place to be hanging out for your mental health in general.

I believe that a prerequisite to being able to share your message of love and motivation with the world, would be that you have to actually accomplish something first. Something that would gain you some type of credibility.

No damn body is waiting in line to hear the opinions of a 28 year old man living off of his parents.

not exactly nothing accomplished. 

ive done my share of traveling

drove cross country to vegas, been there 5 times,

been to florida a bunch of times,

had made 40 Gs gambling at one pooint and supported my Ex and her 2 kids, while going everywhere and doing somethiing almosst every single day

Credit score was at 800 at one point

i was moved out for almost 3 years. and ive has some setbacks

and here i am picking myself up ready to stomp out the evil and bring my love to the world

I am more real now than anything. 

Im not going anywhere either,

and that is where u are wrong also about accomplishments.

love and motivation is not measured by accomplishments

maybe in your eyes

but motivation and love is not something that can be bought at the store

love is what u express here on earth as much as u can, and then take into the afterlife for eternal peace

accomplishments isnt

u cannot take your accomplishments with you.

So i will continue to show my love to the world forever,and ever

I know i took a crazy turn there, but love and motivation is what creates accomplishments.

my accomplishments will come thru giving my love to the world.

You just wait and see

I personally give no fucks one way or the other. But come on man, going to Vegas 5 times is an accomplishment? Really?

I have been there many dozens of times, I must be highly accomplished?

"but love and motivation is what creates accomplishments"

This sentence just kills me. I am retired by means of my own hard work so I know something about accomplishments.

Neither love nor motivation will get you nearly as far as just plain old getting a job and going to work each day will.

Ambition followed by action is what creates accomplishments.

Love has not a fucking thing at all to do with it. Try to pay your phone bill with all that love.
6 days ago
9/23/07
If you were a deck of cards it would be all 2 of clubs.
6 days ago
12/28/04
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

B

6 days ago
12/28/04
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

But you are not rebuidling, you have the same outlook as a lay-about teenager. You are identical to the dude at school that bought a guitar for xmas, decided he was going to be a rock star, then couldn't be asses to learn the fucking thing. 

FFS man, you are nearly 30, its time to grown the fuck up!

6 days ago
12/28/04
In Limbo - 

im going against the grain here and i hope OP catches his break, in any way, shape, or form

but OP, in all seriousness, you need to co sider professional help ALONG with your mission

I have yet to meet anyone here who doesnt hope that, however, its also time for a wake up call. 

6 days ago
5/26/14

OP how many times have you watched "The Secret"

6 days ago
10/19/19
Dryfly -
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Dryfly -
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

28 and zip, zero, nada, accomplished. Time to get real or you will never have anything.

For your own sake, get the fuck out of here, this place is not going to get you anywhere. And it likely isn't the best place to be hanging out for your mental health in general.

I believe that a prerequisite to being able to share your message of love and motivation with the world, would be that you have to actually accomplish something first. Something that would gain you some type of credibility.

No damn body is waiting in line to hear the opinions of a 28 year old man living off of his parents.

not exactly nothing accomplished. 

ive done my share of traveling

drove cross country to vegas, been there 5 times,

been to florida a bunch of times,

had made 40 Gs gambling at one pooint and supported my Ex and her 2 kids, while going everywhere and doing somethiing almosst every single day

Credit score was at 800 at one point

i was moved out for almost 3 years. and ive has some setbacks

and here i am picking myself up ready to stomp out the evil and bring my love to the world

I am more real now than anything. 

Im not going anywhere either,

and that is where u are wrong also about accomplishments.

love and motivation is not measured by accomplishments

maybe in your eyes

but motivation and love is not something that can be bought at the store

love is what u express here on earth as much as u can, and then take into the afterlife for eternal peace

accomplishments isnt

u cannot take your accomplishments with you.

So i will continue to show my love to the world forever,and ever

I know i took a crazy turn there, but love and motivation is what creates accomplishments.

my accomplishments will come thru giving my love to the world.

You just wait and see

I personally give no fucks one way or the other. But come on man, going to Vegas 5 times is an accomplishment? Really?

I have been there many dozens of times, I must be highly accomplished?

"but love and motivation is what creates accomplishments"

This sentence just kills me. I am retired by means of my own hard work so I know something about accomplishments.

Neither love nor motivation will get you nearly as far as just plain old getting a job and going to work each day will.

Ambition followed by action is what creates accomplishments.

Love has not a fucking thing at all to do with it. Try to pay your phone bill with all that love.

lol hadda ddig deep for what i thought was an accomplishment.

and love and motivation doesnt create accomplishments?

come on man, that statement is true in so many aspects dont try to dub me down.

"Neither love nor motivation will get you nearly as far as just plain old getting a job and going to work each day will."

i promise u love and motivation will get me farther than if i was to get a job. u jus watch my friend,

love and motivation and dedication and drive creates oppurtunity, and oppurtunity with action creates accomplishments

I will rise up from the dead, I will rise from where I am today to do great things for this world.

It might not look like it rivght now because I am just on here saying a bunch of stuff, but give me time, and you will be very suprised at what i am capable of doing.

6 days ago
10/19/19
0hi0direct -

OP how many times have you watched "The Secret"

none but i am a big believer in the concept...it would make more sense if i did actually read the book or watched the movie Lol

6 days ago
12/10/09
Kevinbarbers1 -
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
scrapdo -

Do you even feel bad that you told that other poster to bet big on the Patriots yesterday and they got beaten? Was that also one of your visions???

i never told them to bet big though, the more you talk the more delusional YOU ARE lol,, just like i said i was gonna tell everybody my IQ right??? come on man thats 2 strikes now.

You didn’t give him the Pats as your pic? Do I need to quote this like the IQ thing again?

quote both. Qoute where i said to BET BIG ON THE PATS like u said.

Also qoute where i said  I WILL TELL U MY IQ.

both 2 quotes were never said...the delusion is real...

Ok man. Just saying I’d feel bad if I told a guy to make a certain bet and he lost big. 

6 days ago
10/19/19
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

But you are not rebuidling, you have the same outlook as a lay-about teenager. You are identical to the dude at school that bought a guitar for xmas, decided he was going to be a rock star, then couldn't be asses to learn the fucking thing. 

ok mr know it all lol. we will see where my outlook lays.

6 days ago
10/19/19
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
scrapdo -

Do you even feel bad that you told that other poster to bet big on the Patriots yesterday and they got beaten? Was that also one of your visions???

i never told them to bet big though, the more you talk the more delusional YOU ARE lol,, just like i said i was gonna tell everybody my IQ right??? come on man thats 2 strikes now.

You didn’t give him the Pats as your pic? Do I need to quote this like the IQ thing again?

quote both. Qoute where i said to BET BIG ON THE PATS like u said.

Also qoute where i said  I WILL TELL U MY IQ.

both 2 quotes were never said...the delusion is real...

Ok man. Just saying I’d feel bad if I told a guy to make a certain bet and he lost big. 

lol exactly, u have no quotes to back up what u say i said.

6 days ago
12/28/04
Kevinbarbers1 - 
2breath2feel -
Kevinbarbers1 -
2breath2feel -

Your mindset is all fucked up. You claim and dream and focus on the rewards people who have actually done something bad ass get to have instead of focusing on actually doing something. Lip syncing for the first 15 seconds of a pop song and stomping on a bush and. Ring high energy is going to get you nowhere. How tf do you not understand that? It wouldn't win a middle school talent show!

how do you know what will get me anywhere though lol, theres never been a kevin barber being kevin barber, where in your mind do you think you know exactly how my life is gonna play out my man.

Im just out here trying to live life and bring as much love to the world as i can

That's great but you need to take a look around because the "negative"shit you get on this board is the most honest anyone is going to be to you on your life, and a lot of it has been constructive. You shut all of it out because it required actual work. You want to close your eyes and visualize things into existence even though people are telling you your act and message are worthless because you have nothing to base it off of. Being a degenerative gambler who lost 40k and lives with their parents? Coupled with your lip syncing act? And is blind to how bad it is ? Won't listen to anyone being honest and trying to help him. DE-motivates. It's sad and why half of the posts in your threads are people saying seek professional help. TAKE A LOOK AROUND 

So the act and the message that you say is worthless, made it to a 2nd set of producers of americas got talent, 

Also you have no clue who i motivate and the lives i have changed already, and the lives i WILL change in the future.

ANd i have no problem with this negativitiy. I know its there. I engage in it until I feel there is nothing left to say. We are both exercising our minds whoever it may be that I am engaging with. If i can put up with that, i can put up with anything.

and yea i was a degenerate gambler, and i do live with my parents.

But here I am, working towards something. getting myself out there to the world, regardless of what anybody thinks. If little ole me can work towards something, we all can

Because Im not suppose to be doing this. Im suppose to be licking my wounds in my parents basement crying or whatever you guys think i should be doing.

But I am vocal to what I believe in these days and I wont stop until I get there.

I am waiting on a life changing call from Americas Got Talent.

I was told on this site from some, dont even bother trying out it will get you no where.

And that is why you follow what you believe in. You will get further than what the doubters believe you will go.

Even if I dont make it on TV, what an experience it was. Even for the 4 main producers to actually care about me to ask me personal questions about my life, makes me feel good. They felt me and they remembered me

You will see me on Americas Got Talent with my worthess act.

You do understand for the most part AGT is chewing gum for the eyes? 

6 days ago
5/14/08

"future motivational speaker. future Hollywood Actor, future weatherman on channel 12, future news anchor, future ESPN journalist, future Weatherman, Future hypeman for the UFC, future entertainer and performer, oh and future WWE 24/7 champion for a day lol, future Gameshow host, Future Host of one of the Oscars...there will be more also..."

6 days ago
12/17/09
Kevinbarbers1 -
AngryGerbil -
Tinder GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Exactly the face Joe Rogan would probably give me today lol. But i have no problem in that. Joe Rogan is the man and i think if we even had a simple conversation, he would respect the fact that i would want to be on his podcast some day, especially coming on here and making a thread about it and dealiing with the backlash lol..he knows all about the OG...

Barbers GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

6 days ago
10/19/19
In Limbo - 

im going against the grain here and i hope OP catches his break, in any way, shape, or form

but OP, in all seriousness, you need to co sider professional help ALONG with your mission

I have yet to meet anyone here who doesnt hope that, however, its also time for a wake up call. 

In Limbo is a smart man

6 days ago
5/14/08
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

LOL you are literally the "mr know it all" on everyone of your threads.

6 days ago
10/19/19
AngryGerbil -
Kevinbarbers1 -
AngryGerbil -
Tinder GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Exactly the face Joe Rogan would probably give me today lol. But i have no problem in that. Joe Rogan is the man and i think if we even had a simple conversation, he would respect the fact that i would want to be on his podcast some day, especially coming on here and making a thread about it and dealiing with the backlash lol..he knows all about the OG...

Barbers GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

YOOO LMAOO THAT IS GOLD, THANK U FOR MY STOMACH PAINS

6 days ago
10/19/19
Submissable -
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Kevinbarbers1 - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

LOL you are literally the "mr know it all" on everyone of your threads.

how? when do i claim to know it all?

6 days ago
10/19/19
Submissable -

"future motivational speaker. future Hollywood Actor, future weatherman on channel 12, future news anchor, future ESPN journalist, future Weatherman, Future hypeman for the UFC, future entertainer and performer, oh and future WWE 24/7 champion for a day lol, future Gameshow host, Future Host of one of the Oscars...there will be more also..."

lol

6 days ago
10/19/19
Kevinbarbers1 - 
2breath2feel -
Kevinbarbers1 -
2breath2feel -

Your mindset is all fucked up. You claim and dream and focus on the rewards people who have actually done something bad ass get to have instead of focusing on actually doing something. Lip syncing for the first 15 seconds of a pop song and stomping on a bush and. Ring high energy is going to get you nowhere. How tf do you not understand that? It wouldn't win a middle school talent show!

how do you know what will get me anywhere though lol, theres never been a kevin barber being kevin barber, where in your mind do you think you know exactly how my life is gonna play out my man.

Im just out here trying to live life and bring as much love to the world as i can

That's great but you need to take a look around because the "negative"shit you get on this board is the most honest anyone is going to be to you on your life, and a lot of it has been constructive. You shut all of it out because it required actual work. You want to close your eyes and visualize things into existence even though people are telling you your act and message are worthless because you have nothing to base it off of. Being a degenerative gambler who lost 40k and lives with their parents? Coupled with your lip syncing act? And is blind to how bad it is ? Won't listen to anyone being honest and trying to help him. DE-motivates. It's sad and why half of the posts in your threads are people saying seek professional help. TAKE A LOOK AROUND 

So the act and the message that you say is worthless, made it to a 2nd set of producers of americas got talent, 

Also you have no clue who i motivate and the lives i have changed already, and the lives i WILL change in the future.

ANd i have no problem with this negativitiy. I know its there. I engage in it until I feel there is nothing left to say. We are both exercising our minds whoever it may be that I am engaging with. If i can put up with that, i can put up with anything.

and yea i was a degenerate gambler, and i do live with my parents.

But here I am, working towards something. getting myself out there to the world, regardless of what anybody thinks. If little ole me can work towards something, we all can

Because Im not suppose to be doing this. Im suppose to be licking my wounds in my parents basement crying or whatever you guys think i should be doing.

But I am vocal to what I believe in these days and I wont stop until I get there.

I am waiting on a life changing call from Americas Got Talent.

I was told on this site from some, dont even bother trying out it will get you no where.

And that is why you follow what you believe in. You will get further than what the doubters believe you will go.

Even if I dont make it on TV, what an experience it was. Even for the 4 main producers to actually care about me to ask me personal questions about my life, makes me feel good. They felt me and they remembered me

You will see me on Americas Got Talent with my worthess act.

You do understand for the most part AGT is chewing gum for the eyes? 

we will see 

6 days ago
12/10/09
BobbyBanks -

This is a noble effort, Mr Barbers.

Welcome to the forum.