OtherGround Forums I will be on Joe Rogans Podcast someday

Edited: 10 days ago
12/10/09
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

I never told you not to follow your dream, I just said it might not be the best time to follow your dream.

Just like you, I'm following my dream of becoming a lawyer, but only because I got the support from my wife and my business is stable where I don't necessarily have to be there for long hours. Let's say if I told my wife about following my dream while we were still struggling to gain customers, she would have said, "Now isn't the right time Bobby."

I never tell my students, who have similar dreams to yours,  not to follow their dreams but I tell them to gain their parents' support first. 

Here are the reasons why I think it is not the right time:

1. You are 28 and your parents are still supporting you. You are at the age where you should be supporting yourself.

2. I assume your parents are in their 70s or 80s, they are old and they still have to work so they can provide for the entire family, which to some people might seem malicious and evil

3. Your parents already suffered a lot from your older siblings and you being aware of this and still prioritizing your dream over the well-being of your parents might seem evil to some

Have you asked about your parents' dreams? Maybe it is their dream to retire and travel around the world. I seriously think your actions to help your parents to reach their dreams in the twilight of their years will motivate more people than you winning the ATG. 

You say you have many goals. That's good but prioritize them. Write them down and see which one is at the top and make that your primary goal. I really wish motivating people the right way and spreading positivity is at the top of your list instead of becoming famous. When you are young and have a lot of energy, I guess fame could be fun, but as you get older, fame becomes less attractive, because you appreciate the quiet, peaceful life you enjoy with your family. 

If you are going for AGT, winning the AGT should be your primary goal. Don't be wishy-washy and say, 'oh even if I fail, I gave my best and I can gain other opportunities.' That is not the right mindset to have during the process. You can tell yourself that later to appease yourself if you happen to fail. But not right now. I think Dana White mentioned this to the fighters as well. "If you are not thinking about becoming the champion, why are you even here?" So if you going for the win, study other winners, study other competitors who competed before you, measure yourself against them. Reach out to the previous contestants and if possible, learn from them by getting private lessons.

To conclude, you are only seeing things from a single vantage point, that is why I'm trying to help you to see it might not be as harmless as you think. Because of my profession, I'm able to see the perspectives of the dreamers and the supporters of those dreamers. 

Of course, I'm assuming all this from reading what you wrote so I could be wrong. Maybe your parents are filthy rich and they might be very supportive of you. If that is the case, just ignore what I said and good luck with everything.

You joined a forum to tell another person how to live. No matter how eloquently you write, do you not find that a touch pretentious? You took the time of day to join, out of all the discussions that happen here, to tell another man what he’s doing wrong. That’s pretty sad in itself. 

To be fair, I think anyone that’s not retarded can see OP is headed for disaster and is probably gonna be a threat to himself or others. Maybe that compelled this guy to interject. 

Nah i’m not buying that. A forum with thousands of threads covering everything from action figures to movies to politics and everything in between and this guy takes time to create an account to tell another man how to live his life. That’s a narcissist. Regardless of the beautiful construction of the post. 

And if Kevin is a retard, I’m not saying he is, just going by the many comments saying as such, surely shitting all over him is a scumbag trick? People come at him with ‘come here mate, let me explain in nice words why you suck’ and when he doesn’t take that on board it’s ‘you’re dogshit, your parents are disappointed, you’ll never amout to shit you deadbeat loser retard’. I was guilty of it until I thought, IF he is simple let him try and live a dream. Many settle for what they end up with. He’s not. He has zero responsibilities, a family business to fall back on and is only 28. Who am I to tell him he’s wrong. I don’t think he wins AGT or likely even makes TV, but it’s not always the best that end up winning. Maybe somewhere there’s a place for him, how’s he gonna know for himself (not anyone on this forum telling him) if he doesn’t try. 

People going on about seriel killers and such nonsense, all i see is a young fella with refreshing positivity. If he fails he fails. So what. 

This isn’t a personal dig at you, I very much enjoyed your posts on weight lifting. It’s just my general observations of this playing out.

Good luck to him. It’s fascinating to watch. 

Find me the person that called him dogshit and/or said he can never amount to anything. Nobody is doing that. People said his act is dogs hit and that he is misguided. You’re making things up. 

10 days ago
12/28/04
Kevinbarbers1 -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Bigtrain2681 -
quality -
Bigtrain2681 -
Kevinbarbers1 -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

I never told you not to follow your dream, I just said it might not be the best time to follow your dream.

Just like you, I'm following my dream of becoming a lawyer, but only because I got the support from my wife and my business is stable where I don't necessarily have to be there for long hours. Let's say if I told my wife about following my dream while we were still struggling to gain customers, she would have said, "Now isn't the right time Bobby."

I never tell my students, who have similar dreams to yours,  not to follow their dreams but I tell them to gain their parents' support first. 

1. You are 28 and your parents are still supporting you. You are at the age where you should be supporting yourself.

2. I assume your parents are in their 70s or 80s, they are old and they still have to work so they can provide for the entire family, which to some people might seem malicious and evil

3. Your parents already suffered a lot from your older siblings and you being aware of this and still prioritizing your dream over the well-being of your parents might seem evil to some

Have you asked about your parents' dreams? Maybe it is their dream to retire and travel around the world. I seriously think your actions to help your parents to reach their dreams in the twilight of their years will motivate more people than you winning the ATG. 

You say you have many goals. That's good but prioritize them. Write them down and see which one is at the top and make that your primary goal. I really wish motivating people the right way and spreading positivity is at the top of your list instead of becoming famous. When you are young and have a lot of energy, I guess fame could be fun, but as you get older, fame becomes less attractive, because you appreciate the quiet, peaceful life you enjoy with your family. 

If you are going for AGT, winning the AGT should be your primary goal. Don't be wishy-washy and say, 'oh even if I fail, I gave my best and I can gain other opportunities.' That is not the right mindset to have during the process. You can tell yourself that later to appease yourself if you happen to fail. But not right now. I think Dana White mentioned this to the fighters as well. "If you are not thinking about becoming the champion, why are you even here?" So if you going for the win, study other winners, study other competitors who competed before you, measure yourself against them. Reach out to the previous contestants and if possible, learn from them by getting private lessons.

To conclude, you are only seeing things from a single vantage point, that is why I'm trying to help you to see it might not be as harmless as you think. Because of my profession, I'm able to see the perspectives of the dreamers and the supporters of those dreamers. 

Of course, I'm assuming all this from reading what you wrote so I could be wrong. Maybe your parents are filthy rich and they might be very supportive of you. If that is the case, just ignore what I said and good luck with everything.

You joined a forum to tell another person how to live. No matter how eloquently you write, do you not find that a touch pretentious? You took the time of day to join, out of all the discussions that happen here, to tell another man what he’s doing wrong. That’s pretty sad in itself. 

To be fair, I think anyone that’s not retarded can see OP is headed for disaster and is probably gonna be a threat to himself or others. Maybe that compelled this guy to interject. 

Nah i’m not buying that. A forum with thousands of threads covering everything from action figures to movies to politics and everything in between and this guy takes time to create an account to tell another man how to live his life. That’s a narcissist. Regardless of the beautiful construction of the post. 

And if Kevin is a retard, I’m not saying he is, just going by the many comments saying as such, surely shitting all over him is a scumbag trick? People come at him with ‘come here mate, let me explain in nice words why you suck’ and when he doesn’t take that on board it’s ‘you’re dogshit, your parents are disappointed, you’ll never amout to shit you deadbeat loser retard’. I was guilty of it until I thought, IF he is simple let him try and live a dream. Many settle for what they end up with. He’s not. He has zero responsibilities, a family business to fall back on and is only 28. Who am I to tell him he’s wrong. I don’t think he wins AGT or likely even makes TV, but it’s not always the best that end up winning. Maybe somewhere there’s a place for him, how’s he gonna know for himself (not anyone on this forum telling him) if he doesn’t try. 

People going on about seriel killers and such nonsense, all i see is a young fella with refreshing positivity. If he fails he fails. So what. 

This isn’t a personal dig at you, I very much enjoyed your posts on weight lifting. It’s just my general observations of this playing out.

it is kind of funny he would make an account special for me lol.

And yea man I will give life my all or die trying these days. Been thru some crap in life to make me want to do good things in this life, at one point i just didnt care, or honestly felt sports betting was my way out, Sitting on 40 Gs and perfect credit will do that to you.

But Im hoping by the end of next year, I will have a fun little life story told.

If I dont, then I guess everyone that doubted me and said im retarded or autistic, or a loser or whatever else has been said, Was right.

I cant let that happen Lol.

I am putting myself out there to either be embarrassed, or say i told u so(which i wouldnt do) but you get the point.

Ive never put myself out there to the world as much as I do today, and i truly feel its for a reason

follow me on facebook instagram and especially myspace kevinbarbers

love you all.

I’m on your side with this one Kev. Go for it. 

Finally BigTrain on the winning team.  You're right though.  Either he succeeds at this or he doesn't.  If he does there are big moves he can make, if he doesn't there still are moves left to play.

I mean go even further. If he completely fails, no other options..then what? Nothing lost nothing gained. He is at a point in life with next to nothing to lose. Fuck it, go for it. 

Your advice was better a few weeks back. Hes at a point in life that he need to make REAL changes.

and thats what im trying to do?

Oh come on. Jesus 

Edited: 10 days ago
10/19/19
Kevinbarbers1 -
Mr Muay Thai -

I love Chael but you know he says that for a reaction. He goes against the grain with everything and is intelligent enough to have it make sense. But the Mind tells the body to go for a run. Maybe he is so immune to it where he just does it naturally physically because he has been instilled with running and working hard since he was a kid, but it comes from the mind. Your mind tells you to continue to run and do whatever it is your doing.

Its all different perspectives though. Not to say Chael is wrong because hes not wrong persay because of all the physical work he has put in, where he feels like the mind is mentally transparent now because its past the mind. His body is hurting from all the physical activiity hes done so he has every reason to think that.

I look at Israel Adesanya and Conor Mcgregor though.

They had the same approach to success through the mental aspect of life.

Obviouley they put the work in physically, but it started with the mentality, and the strength of the belief in the mind.

Didnt you do a whole thing about not listening to your mind? Listen to your heart, don't let your mind trick you.

Listen to your heart but you have to keep your mental game strong regardless. Mental is going to be there regardless if you listen to it or not. We all know the right and wrong things our mind can tell us. 

But our heart knows the difference between right and wrong, And that is what you listen to.

10 days ago
10/19/19
Kevinbarbers1 -
Bigtrain2681 -
quality -
Bigtrain2681 -
Kevinbarbers1 -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

it is kind of funny he would make an account special for me lol.

And yea man I will give life my all or die trying these days. Been thru some crap in life to make me want to do good things in this life, at one point i just didnt care, or honestly felt sports betting was my way out, Sitting on 40 Gs and perfect credit will do that to you.

But Im hoping by the end of next year, I will have a fun little life story told.

If I dont, then I guess everyone that doubted me and said im retarded or autistic, or a loser or whatever else has been said, Was right.

I cant let that happen Lol.

I am putting myself out there to either be embarrassed, or say i told u so(which i wouldnt do) but you get the point.

Ive never put myself out there to the world as much as I do today, and i truly feel its for a reason

follow me on facebook instagram and especially myspace kevinbarbers

love you all.

I’m on your side with this one Kev. Go for it. 

Finally BigTrain on the winning team.  You're right though.  Either he succeeds at this or he doesn't.  If he does there are big moves he can make, if he doesn't there still are moves left to play.

I mean go even further. If he completely fails, no other options..then what? Nothing lost nothing gained. He is at a point in life with next to nothing to lose. Fuck it, go for it. 

Your advice was better a few weeks back. Hes at a point in life that he need to make REAL changes.

and thats what im trying to do?

Oh come on. Jesus 

what man i am?

10 days ago
12/14/15
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

Find me the person that called him dogshit and/or said he can never amount to anything. Nobody is doing that. People said his act is dogs hit and that he is misguided. You’re making things up. 

Fuck off. It’s been said. I’ve read it but if you think I’m trolling through thousands of posts you’re a dreamer. 

Still waiting for your comedy videos though. You know actual constructive examples of how hard work translates to a good act. Or just keep spouting the same old self righteous ‘I want you to succeed’ whilst tearing him down shit. 

9 days ago
12/28/04
Kevinbarbers1 -
Kevinbarbers1 -
Mr Muay Thai -

I love Chael but you know he says that for a reaction. He goes against the grain with everything and is intelligent enough to have it make sense. But the Mind tells the body to go for a run. Maybe he is so immune to it where he just does it naturally physically because he has been instilled with running and working hard since he was a kid, but it comes from the mind. Your mind tells you to continue to run and do whatever it is your doing.

Its all different perspectives though. Not to say Chael is wrong because hes not wrong persay because of all the physical work he has put in, where he feels like the mind is mentally transparent now because its past the mind. His body is hurting from all the physical activiity hes done so he has every reason to think that.

I look at Israel Adesanya and Conor Mcgregor though.

They had the same approach to success through the mental aspect of life.

Obviouley they put the work in physically, but it started with the mentality, and the strength of the belief in the mind.

Didnt you do a whole thing about not listening to your mind? Listen to your heart, don't let your mind trick you.

Listen to your heart but you have to keep your mental game strong regardless. Mental is going to be there regardless if you listen to it or not. We all know the right and wrong things our mind can tell us. 

But our heart knows the difference between right and wrong, And that is what you listen to.

Hearts pump blood. 

9 days ago
10/19/19
Bigtrain2681 -
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

Fuck off. It’s been said. I’ve read it but if you think I’m trolling through thousands of posts you’re a dreamer. 

Still waiting for your comedy videos though. You know actual constructive examples of how hard work translates to a good act. Or just keep spouting the same old self righteous ‘I want you to succeed’ whilst tearing him down shit. 

me 2 im still waiting on those...

Edited: 9 days ago
12/10/09
Bigtrain2681 -
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

None of my advice was based of my standup, for the final time, dumb fuck. 

I mentioned it because Kevin said I had no idea what it takes to get up on stage. But you know that because I've said it several times.

Secondly, I also gave him SEVERAL solid ideas for increasing his reach, getting feedback, creating a mailing list of fans and monetizing his skills. So you can claim I'm being "fake" in saying I want him to do well, but now I'm going to ask what someone sincere like you has provided?

Third, you can claim people are being a certain way all you want, but I'm going to call you out if you're lying.

You are lying. Nobody called him dogshit. Nobody said he'd never amount to anything.

Stop being a crybaby who offers nothing and a liar.

12/10/09
Kevinbarbers1 -
Bigtrain2681 -
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

Kevin, you should kindly shut the fuck up. You're in no position to question anyone's accomplishments after, when asked, you provided traveling to vegas a few times as your major one. The only thing that surpasses that in terms of saddness is your lack of self-awareness in actually typing it.  

The reason people keep thinking you are a troll is because it is hard to believe any adult actually believes the things you are saying.

9 days ago
10/19/19
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
Bigtrain2681 -
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

Kevin, you should kindly shut the fuck up. You're in no position to question anyone's accomplishments after, when asked, you provided traveling to vegas a few times as your major one. The only thing that surpasses that in terms of saddness is your lack of self-awareness in actually typing it.  

The reason people keep thinking you are a troll is because it is hard to believe any adult actually believes the things you are saying.

im not questioning anything, i would just like to see them , thats all im stating, and i did thank u for that solid idea actually.

9 days ago
10/19/19
SpecialB42O -
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
Bigtrain2681 -
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

Dude shut the fuck up. You bully someone with obvious mental health issues. Does that make you feel better? Just ignore him. Pretty simple. But you need his rebitual. 

im not being bullied lol

9 days ago
10/19/19
SpecialB42O -

You're getting roasted. Only person I've ever seen on this forum go -20 is home slice or you. Even orcus doesn't go -20. They think it's cool to make fun of a mentally unstable person. That's not cool. 

ahaaa whatever man doesnt bother me one bit lol, people are gonna downvote whoever, shows your doing something right, the most successful people get the most hate in this world, i guess im on the right track,

9 days ago
10/19/19
SpecialB42O -

You're getting roasted. Only person I've ever seen on this forum go -20 is home slice or you. Even orcus doesn't go -20. They think it's cool to make fun of a mentally unstable person. That's not cool. 

and im not mentally unstable Lol

12/10/09
Kevinbarbers1 -
SpecialB42O -

ahaaa whatever man doesnt bother me one bit lol, people are gonna downvote whoever, shows your doing something right, the most successful people get the most hate in this world, i guess im on the right track,

I really disagree that you're getting a ton of hate. some people have gotten frustrated and been mean, but i wish fpr you that you were able to see past thinking of criticism as hate and actually taking the critical comments to heart. They far outnumber the people with the opposite opinion, so there must be something to it, no?

9 days ago
10/19/19
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
SpecialB42O -

I really disagree that you're getting a ton of hate. some people have gotten frustrated and been mean, but i wish fpr you that you were able to see past thinking of criticism as hate and actually taking the critical comments to heart. They far outnumber the people with the opposite opinion, so there must be something to it, no?

i apoligize, im just so in touch with the feeling of love that anything i feel isnt done out of love or doesnt come from a place of i feel is love, i look at it as hate, I may not always be right, but thats just how i percieve it sometimes, its hard to get critisized heavily and not look at it as hate when it just sounds like im being putdown from the start.

10/19/19
scrapdo -
Kevinbarbers1 -
SpecialB42O -

and i do, ive worked on my act from the first open mic to the last, i feel what i got now is alot better than from when i first started. i will be doing one tomorrow so i guess u can let me know, but i already know that u think telling people we are all aces and champions and stomping out the evil is stupid so i dont know how much better that act can get in your eyes, cause i am sticking with it, as of right now, that is what i have, Im not gonna switch it up now, ive came this far with it...i have made improvements tho

9 days ago
1/1/01

The stomping out the evil and we're all aces can only take you so far.  What's your next act?

9 days ago
12/14/15
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
scrapdo -
Bigtrain2681 -
Eskimo -
Bigtrain2681 -
BobbyBanks -

None of my advice was based of my standup, for the final time, dumb fuck. 

I mentioned it because Kevin said I had no idea what it takes to get up on stage. But you know that because I've said it several times.

Secondly, I also gave him SEVERAL solid ideas for increasing his reach, getting feedback, creating a mailing list of fans and monetizing his skills. So you can claim I'm being "fake" in saying I want him to do well, but now I'm going to ask what someone sincere like you has provided?

Third, you can claim people are being a certain way all you want, but I'm going to call you out if you're lying.

You are lying. Nobody called him dogshit. Nobody said he'd never amount to anything.

Stop being a crybaby who offers nothing and a liar.

So in short, despite your claims of at least some success in a similar field, something you explained you work on with regards to content, structure and delivery, you can’t, or won’t, provide any evidence. Yet you will continue to explain to Kevin what he’s doing wrong. Why continue with your repetitive driveling telling him how he can do better if you won’t show him an example of your work in a comparative field. You took the time to tell us all with your humble boast about who you opened for, show it. 

Pretty sure nobody will see it though. You’re full of shit. 

9 days ago
10/19/19