OtherGround Forums IF YOU USE PHONE DATA TO OG , CHECK UR USAGE!!

7 days ago
1/1/01
WhereIsGoranReljic -

I like this site and I know no one gives a fuck but , I won't keep coming here if they are just milking data out of my phone . That is ridiculous .

This issue will be the death of this forum, if it is not fixed quickly.  

7 days ago
3/20/15

This site hasn't hardly used any of mine but the Chive ate a gig in a couple hours at work today. Just set all apps to no background data....that'll fix em....

7 days ago
4/6/19

first time I’ve ever exceede my plans data limit 

7 days ago
6/30/07
jpm995 -
I'm the Black Dog -
RdotC -
TequilaYuen - 
Silhouette - 

Same, this is absolute bs. Is anyone really surprised though? Top men dont give a shit and never have, got to find new revenue streams because this place is dead.

That is exactly what happened here: They tried to introduce an auto video player so they could get ad revenue from it.

When there were initial complaints, they hid the player rather than shut it down and lose their ad space.

And who wants to bet the advertisers aren't informed that their ads were hidden?

As much as I like to bitch I doubt any of that is true.

In my experience problems here aren't nefarious in nature, just neglegence.

Can you explain why an advertiser would pay to put an advertisment on your device that you can't see.

7 days ago
6/30/07

No idea. But they always seem to find the shittiest ad companies. Always.

There's a reason to always pass on The lowest bidder.

My gut says just not paying attention to or understanding their product.

7 days ago
6/30/07

Just checked my data and yup, I'm way over my limit.

Now I'm actually fucking pissed. I start a road trip sat morning so I'll be burning even more.

We all need to post our extra charges when we get our bills. I've never, not even once gone over.

7 days ago
4/11/07

I've never had a problem using the app. 

7 days ago
3/20/15
TFK_Vulva Fabulous - 

I've never had a problem using the app. 

This is what I'm saying.....it's not burning mine up ????

7 days ago
11/3/14

Jeeze. Just checked wifi usage. It's #1 at 13.5gb. at least it's wifi. #2 on data (#1 streaming music) which is crazy high as I'm rarely using the app outside wifi.

7 days ago
12/2/05
I have unlimited but it is easily the #1 app draining shit on my phone and I spend a decent amount of time looking at videos and pics on other apps. You would think a mostly text forum wouldn't do that. I also OG from a computer 80% of the time.
7 days ago
2/25/13
Fake Pie - I have unlimited but it is easily the #1 app draining shit on my phone and I spend a decent amount of time looking at videos and pics on other apps. You would think a mostly text forum wouldn't do that. I also OG from a computer 80% of the time.

the code to the video is still in the browser version of the site.

i have it blocked, so i dont have any auto play issues, BUT it FREEZES my browser every click. and it freezes all tab, so i cant check anything else while i wait.
7 days ago
9/8/05

Shady.

7 days ago
6/11/10
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

I reset my data last night at 8:15, not even a gig of data yet, what’s the big deal???

I see no data for telegram or grinder.

7 days ago
7/29/13

Ill say this... The members of this forum really do love this place. They want it to work so bad and give it so many chances. Look at poiupoiu, he had to buy more data because of place multiple times and still kept coming back to it. This place really is different than others and yall are all some special motherfuckers. Good special and retarded special. 

7 days ago
2/2/15

Just tried to access the site on mobile browser and getting the forum has been deleted error lol amazing

7 days ago
7/29/13

And shout out to poiupoiu mutant and marsman for making sure something got done about the problem. 

7 days ago
6/12/07

I don’t see an issue with my usage. I thought everyone was on unlimited?

7 days ago
4/26/13

52.8g here

7 days ago
1/1/01

I Noticed my headphone icon kept popping up while OG'ing and didn't think much of it until I checked my data after reading this thread.  It's through the roof.

This site is consistently pulling shady shit.  Fuck you Kirik, Jason and all your top men.  I'm out, will get my mma forum fix elsewhere.

7 days ago
4/26/13

I do not have unlimited data. holy fuck
7 days ago
6/30/07
southcraw -

52.8g here

62, and I only use the app when the main site gets fuckey.

This is outrageous

Kirik- you owe me money

7 days ago
10/25/14

Yep posted this in the “what’s wrong with OG thread.

I pretty much can’t browse the OG unless at home on wifi. Uses a couple hundred mbs per page. No gifs or vids or anything just a basic page of text and it’s a couple hundred mbs.

7 days ago
10/1/02

Is this on iPhone? I use the app on Android and it doesn't show up on the list of battery using apps. Maybe way at the bottom. Also, I have Verizon unlimited- the real unlimited, a grandfathered old school plan that does not get speed throttled and has no limit ( the current "unlimited" plans are not actually unlimited. They have a cap of a mere 20 -30 gigs. ) So I don't give a shitz about so called data usage. : P

7 days ago
5/14/13

Is anyone really surprised by this after the MentaL debacle a couple of years ago?

The coders who work on this site suck, and have always sucked.

7 days ago
1/1/01

Again.... Time to start over and build a new app from the ground up