OtherGround Forums If Bernie is president....

4 days ago
8/29/09

I'd almost want to see it. He'd get the same treatment Trump gets from the dems from both sides.  And Bernie isn't nearly strong enough to plough through like Trump.  

4 days ago
4/23/02

if you're interesting in seeing a decent breakdown of all the democrats basic positions (not 100% accurate i'm sure but a decent list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primary_candidates

4 days ago
2/11/03

Out of all the dems i like Klobuchar the most. Bernie is too out there, and unelectable in my opinion.

Best thing would be more Larry david skits on SNL

4 days ago
10/15/13
Pretjah -

if you're interesting in seeing a decent breakdown of all the democrats basic positions (not 100% accurate i'm sure but a decent list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primary_candidates

Michael Bennet seems aiight

4 days ago
4/19/09

His end goal is communism, so he is absolutely the worst thing out of that bunch for our country. People who are so stupid as to ascribe to that philosophy are dangerous and should be removed from our society imo. 

Out of those Dems who are still in the race, I suppose Biden or Klobuchar would be the lesser of the evils, but electing any of them would put the breaks to our booming economy and would very quickly put us right back on the wrong path. 

4 days ago
4/19/09

I honestly don't see any of these clowns as having a realistic chance to beat Trump. Hopefully we can also win back Congress. And then hopefully a strong republican candidate will emerge in 2024 that will keep this train rolling. 

4 days ago
4/23/02
Al Cappucino -
Pretjah -

Michael Bennet seems aiight

agreed he would have been the best based on that sheet

kolbachur is clearly the most moderate followed by biden  of the main canidates

4 days ago
4/23/02

i have a feeling biden would slide more moderate than he campaigns on (like obama and bill clinton did - they were both left of center but campaigned further left then they administered)

Edited: 4 days ago
12/17/06

I'd close up shop for sure. His tax plan in 16 would've put me around 40% annually on the federal level. Add in state taxes and it's basically half.

He took down his tax proposal very quickly after he lost in 16 and has proposed no new plan since, so I can only assume it's the same or worse.

4 days ago
2/25/15

I think the democrats will do everything to stop him pisuhing through anything. It would be 4 years of nothing getting done.

4 days ago
4/1/15

Here's the positive...

He wouldn't be some crazy old man that sort of cute/sad to listen to with his crazy ideas.

A guy like that is...

1. Easily ignored.

2. Difficult for some to imagine the reality of his ideas.

Once in office (lol, just play along) his ideas will be front and center in front of everyone and be exposed for how nutty they are to the vast majority of the country. 

The bad? He's appoint all kinds of communists to the courts and heads of massive government bureaucracies that will be there for life.

4 days ago
3/18/02

no, the bad is a destroyed economy

4 days ago
4/27/14
Altofsky - 

I'd close up shop for sure. His tax plan in 16 would've put me around 40% annually on the federal level. Add in state taxes and it's basically half.

He took down his tax proposal very quickly after he lost in 16 and has proposed no new plan since, so I can only assume it's the same or worse.

Yeah, I would probably close up my business officially and sell off the books. 

4 days ago
8/7/08

He's bad.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

4 days ago
1/1/01

my kids are 16, I'd tell them to go to the most expensive college and take out loans to pay for it. Let the gov't pay them off for you

4 days ago
11/10/19

WOW! That's tremendous

4 days ago
1/1/01
Pretjah -

bernie is the worst

i'd put them in this order

from worst to less worst

bernie

warren

bloomberg

gababrd

buttigeig

steyer

biden

Klobuchar

In order of dangerous policy:

Bernie

Steyer

Warren

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Biden

Klobuchar

Gabbard

4 days ago
4/23/02
Soup and Beer -
Pretjah -

bernie is the worst

from worst to less worst

bernie

warren

bloomberg

gababrd

buttigeig

steyer

biden

Klobuchar

Bernie

Steyer

Warren

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Biden

Klobuchar

Gabbard

how can you have gabbard as least dangerous?  cause of her isolationist foreign policy????  on everything else she is almost as far left as bernie

4 days ago
12/8/12

4 days ago
1/1/01
alkysmurf -

He appears genuinely anti war.

Possibly to the fault of appearing weak, so not sure its truly a positive.  I much prefer trump's anti war stance of peace through strength.

"He appears genuinely anti war."

In that case if he's elected we can schedule the state funeral.  he won't last.  

4 days ago
1/1/01
Al Cappucino - 

Postives?

Absolutely zero.

Zero.

first post nails it

4 days ago
6/15/19

I think Bernie would do minor damage to the economy during his presidency. Also we might move towards universal healthcare which i think would be mostly a positive.

The bigger issue is just continued mass immigration which will totally remake the country in all kinds of ways. Just think about the achievement gap in school between whites and mexicans and what they means in terms of the makeup of the country in terms of possible careers etc. Also, just think about what it means from a political standpoint.

4 days ago
12/17/06
The Stewed Owl - 
Altofsky - 

Yeah, I would probably close up my business officially and sell off the books. 

Yep. I'd go work for the national parks enough to keep insurance and do the knives on the side while filing on a W2.

Hopefully that commie fuck breaks his hip and can't campaign.

4 days ago
3/18/02

I sould think a shitton of people would liquidate their stock/fund holdings and buy metals and other hedges.

it would mess up the economy in a big way.  I know I would sell my US stocks instantly if it even looked like he was going to win

Edited: 4 days ago
1/1/01
Pretjah - 
Soup and Beer -
Pretjah -

bernie is the worst

from worst to less worst

bernie

warren

bloomberg

gababrd

buttigeig

steyer

biden

Klobuchar

Bernie

Steyer

Warren

Bloomberg

Buttigieg

Biden

Klobuchar

Gabbard

how can you have gabbard as least dangerous?  cause of her isolationist foreign policy????  on everything else she is almost as far left as bernie

You've swallowed the neo-con/neo-lib coolaid.   Stopping endless regime change wars is not isolationist  foreign policy.  She's one of the few not proposing the radical left wing nonsense.  Even Biden and Buttigieg have promised craziness in regards to benefits for illegal aliens.   Two democratic debates ago, Buttigieg promised reperations for illegal aliens.   Not african americans....illegal aliens.   And Biden promised free healthcare for illegals as well as ending deportations for DUI convictions.

EDIT:  Let me be clear that I believe all of the choices above including Gabbard would be a big step down for the country compared to Trump.