OtherGround Forums If Bernie is president....

8 days ago
1/1/01

The wealthy will cash out & put their & overseas before he takes office.
Can't see how there's not a depression the day afyer he's elected.
I'd bet that then he's need release a statement backtracking on many of his promises to stop the bleeding

8 days ago
1/11/06

Bernie best choice - nope, comminist, physically and mentally weak. Anti-business. He would be terrible for the states.

Soneone moderate - with a backbone, and mental and physical presence would be nice. I'll take Tulsi if we had to put up with a Democrat.

Edited: 8 days ago
8/17/08

Have you been to the shit hole california has become?  that's the moderate version of Bernie.

8 days ago
2/14/10
SpunQ -

I thought of a fantastic scam, send associates to the USA to collect $ and send it back to me in the UK.

How very Latin American of you.

8 days ago
4/23/02

"She's one of the few not proposing the radical left wing nonsense. "

WHAT?????

she's extremely left wing  probably the closest main canidate to sanders in most issues (again outside of foreign policy only)

"You've swallowed the neo-con/neo-lib coolaid.   Stopping endless regime change wars is not isolationist  foreign policy." 

and you've bought the unrealistic belief that we can pull out of being the worlds police.  it can't and won't happen as long as the US is the dominent world power.

1/1/01
Pretjah - 

"She's one of the few not proposing the radical left wing nonsense. "

WHAT?????

she's extremely left wing  probably the closest main canidate to sanders in most issues (again outside of foreign policy only)

"You've swallowed the neo-con/neo-lib coolaid.   Stopping endless regime change wars is not isolationist  foreign policy." 

and you've bought the unrealistic belief that we can pull out of being the worlds police.  it can't and won't happen as long as the US is the dominent world power.

None of us know the actual truth of exactly what level we need to be involved.  However, I find it extremely hard to believe that we are the only nation on Earth that can't exist and function without spending trillions meddling into every third world shithole on the planet.

8 days ago
4/14/12

He'd legalize weed. Long overdue. Anyone saying there is zero positives is just a hater.

That being said I hope he doesnt win

8 days ago
12/30/03
OGT -

He'd legalize weed. Long overdue. Anyone saying there is zero positives is just a hater.

I doubt he could even get this passed. The guy goes on tirades about how everyone else is a shill for corporations. If he won, he would have to work with those same people to get anything accomplished. It would be hilarious if it wasn't our country that was going to get shit on

8 days ago
1/1/01

1/1/01

8 days ago
4/14/12
WrestlingSucks -
OGT -

I doubt he could even get this passed. The guy goes on tirades about how everyone else is a shill for corporations. If he won, he would have to work with those same people to get anything accomplished. It would be hilarious if it wasn't our country that was going to get shit on

Good point. I'd hope he could get the ball rolling faster at least.

11/9/10

Bernie would be the worst of the bunch. He's clearly willing to embrace the worst ideological philosophies of the last 150 years. The only possible exception is Buttigieg because Pete is slick and is able play himself as moderate. He could actually get some of his ideas passed. Bernie hasn't gotten a single thing accomplished in 30 years in DC. Occasionally Pete lets it slip that he's a radical but he's definitely a slick politician and great at playing moderate. 

8 days ago
3/22/09

Love this thread. 

1/1/01
Bill Mahoney - 

The wealthy will cash out & put their & overseas before he takes office.
Can't see how there's not a depression the day afyer he's elected.
I'd bet that then he's need release a statement backtracking on many of his promises to stop the bleeding

Definitely a recession at least.

Love him or hate him, Trump's policies are pro business and pro Walstreet.  Bernie's are 100% anti walstreet, anti business and anti corporation.  15,000 point drop minimum in stock market the first month after the election.

8 days ago
1/12/12
SpunQ - 

If Bernie wins I'm going to move to the USA and live off you tax payers. Nothing you can do to stop me !!!!

I don't think you would be alone.

Free medical, schooling & welfare for all illegals who are no longer illegal.

I have a sinking suspicion the U.S.A would have a population increase.

8 days ago
1/1/01

Bernie 2020!

8 days ago
1/1/01

In

8 days ago
1/1/01
eatmorebeans - Bernie 2020!

You're lucky, if he doesn't win, you can still always move to Venezula to live the dream.
8 days ago
8/10/16
quarcus -

I could quit my job and stop working. That'd be pretty sweet. 

You 100% could not do that. 

Edited: 7 days ago
3/18/14

I'm not pro Bernie but a lot of the comments here sound like how leftists were crying that the world was going to end when trump was elected. Look what happened everything is fine. I don't think much changes whoever wins. People adapt

7 days ago
12/17/06
PreachinJosh - 
quarcus -

I could quit my job and stop working. That'd be pretty sweet. 

You 100% could not do that. 

Riiight.

And my cock is 26"

7 days ago
12/17/06
rudiger - 

I'm not pro Bernie but a lot of the comments here sound like how leftists were crying that the world was going to end when trump was elected. Look what happened everything is fine. I don't think much changes whoever wins. People adapt

This man is a direct threat to all small business owners. You know, the American dream? Remember that? Running your own show? White picket fence? This bald little motherfucker already said he wanted to tax US the same as Walmart. 2016. He shit all over small businesses.

Fuck that old commie far up his ass with a red hot iron bar. No taper. No chamfer. Sharp right angle edges. Red hot. No, white hot. As far up his commie ass as it will go. 

7 days ago
4/12/04
Santo Amaro -

So OG. You guys strike me as a bunch of balanced individuals.

tell me, if you had to have a Democrat in the white house (lets just say they won) is Bernie the best of the bunch or the worst for you?

And if Bernie did win what positives could you see from his presidency if any?

This is hypothetical. Obviously. 

I think Bernie wouldn't be worse. I think regardless of whether you hate him or not, he genuinely cares about the country and he's honest. He's least likely of the Democratic field to bow down to establishment pressure or to big business. I don't think his policies are "radical" or "extreme", but they are drastic in that he wants to shift towards some of the policies that are implemented in Canda and some Western European nations. He's not communist and he's not for open borders. Overall it is not bad per se. As a Canadian living in the USA (and working in health academia), I think Medicare for All is needed.

On top of this, I don't know if the Democrats are going to allow him to be the nominee of their party (i.e. he's technically not even a Democrat, he's an INDEPENDENT). The Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin and they both answer to big corporations and special interests.  

Edited: 7 days ago
9/8/02
I support Trump but did so as a protest vote against a broken system. I posted throughout that campaign and did not expect him to win, but the Republican establishment (Romney, Ryan, Jeb, etc) was just terrible and I wanted to shake it up a bit. 

With that said, Trump has done very well (in my opinion), and although I understand he can be a poor messenger at times, the core message isn't bad. 

I look at Bernie as the Democrat's version of Trump. He is outside the establishment and they all hate him. I disagree with him on just about every policy, but if one "Democrat" had to win, I would pick him simply because it would be disruptive to the Democrat establishment. I would then pray to god Congress could reign him in, but I don't like either establishment and sometimes I think some chaos is good. 

A Biden win, or a Hillary win would be devestating to the country, granted nothing major would probably happen, but the establishment shills would all be back to their old ways. I am not saying Trump has totally eradicated "the swamp" but he self-funded himself, anyone in his administration is there because he brought them there, he owes them nothing. If a guy was a former lobbyist who cares, Trump didn't take any of their money. I think this is also why Trump fires everyone, there is no honeypot hanging over his head, he simply doesn't care. With the establishment shills, they all have to "repay" the special interests that funded thier campaign. Trump didn't seriously run ads until a month or two to go. He just had rallies and passed out hats LOL
7 days ago
12/17/06

It's fucking hilarious to me.

People want Bernie to fight against Walmart to save the Mom n Pop stores...

But he would FUCK the Mom n Pop stores RIGHT UP THE ASS right alongside Walmart if he had his way.

I would rather jerk that old Borough Park midget off to completion than have him in power.