OtherGround Forums If Trump gets 3rd SCOTUS and loses this election

9/19/20 10:16 PM
1/7/09
EFM -
CavemanDave -
Oklahoma44 -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -

It depends on if the Dems keep the house and take the senate. If so, they will stack the court and that will be the end of the country. I think it is all just delaying the inevitable though. The US has been on an unsustainable course for decades now, we are circling the bowl. 

The left keeps threatening to stack the court. However, they were going to try to do that anyway.

What no one seems to consider is what if the remade court rules that court stacking is unconstitutional? 

The left has clearly communicated what they intend to do:

1. End the filibuster.

2. Pack the court.

3. Add hundreds of judgeships.

4. Add DC and Puerto Rico as States

5. End the electoral college. 

If they are going to try these things anyway if they gain power, there is nothing to lose by going all in on SCOTUS.

What would the left do if SCOTUS keeps striking down their shenanigans as unconstitutional? They are the ones who invented judicial activism, it would be grand for it to come home to roost. 

Let's be clear. 

You end the electoral college system and go strait vote, the republic is over.  I owe no more allegiance to the other states of the nation, and the federal system is no longer a valid government.

lets be clear.

it will never happen.  it will require a 2/3 majority vote in both houses of congress and agreement of 38 of the 50 states.  it also would have only changed a handful of elections and only really matters in the years leading up to a new census when delegate appointments are out of sync from the demographics of the specific states.

None of what you posted is correct

Edited: 9/19/20 11:04 PM
4/13/12
TheDecider -
EFM -
CavemanDave -
Oklahoma44 -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -

It depends on if the Dems keep the house and take the senate. If so, they will stack the court and that will be the end of the country. I think it is all just delaying the inevitable though. The US has been on an unsustainable course for decades now, we are circling the bowl. 

The left keeps threatening to stack the court. However, they were going to try to do that anyway.

What no one seems to consider is what if the remade court rules that court stacking is unconstitutional? 

1. End the filibuster.

2. Pack the court.

If they are going to try these things anyway if they gain power, there is nothing to lose by going all in on SCOTUS.

What would the left do if SCOTUS keeps striking down their shenanigans as unconstitutional? They are the ones who invented judicial activism, it would be grand for it to come home to roost. 

Let's be clear. 

You end the electoral college system and go strait vote, the republic is over.  I owe no more allegiance to the other states of the nation, and the federal system is no longer a valid government.

lets be clear.

it will never happen.  it will require a 2/3 majority vote in both houses of congress and agreement of 38 of the 50 states.  it also would have only changed a handful of elections and only really matters in the years leading up to a new census when delegate appointments are out of sync from the demographics of the specific states.

None of what you posted is correct

Are you canadian or something?  You clearly don't have a very good understanding of American civics.  What is incorrect?

9/19/20 11:58 PM
4/12/04
Erik Apple -

Would you still consider his Presidency a win Overall?

With a 6 to 3 SCOTUS, i think no matter what, he "won"  it would handicap the Dems for a decade or longer

i think if he were to squeeze in a third scotus it may help him win a re-election. the scotus drama will pivot away from coronavirus

9/20/20 12:00 AM
11/11/13
TexDeuce -
jcblass - No, because he would have lost to the most inept challenger in the history of Presidential Politics.

His Presidency is the 4 years he was the President. Not if gets re-elected.

Securing a 6-3 court is massive, along with his large number of federal judge appointments. That is a huge win.

9/20/20 12:11 AM
4/12/04
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
TexDeuce -
jcblass - No, because he would have lost to the most inept challenger in the history of Presidential Politics.

Securing a 6-3 court is massive, along with his large number of federal judge appointments. That is a huge win.

lol i can understand why evangelists think he is the chosen one

9/20/20 1:53 AM
1/17/03
ShanTheMan -

I mean ya know Apple, come on man. You can, if you know, you can surely tell the difference.

Wtf Does that mean?

9/20/20 2:04 AM
1/1/01
TexDeuce -

Biden can just replace the federal judges can’t he?  

9/20/20 2:10 AM
1/17/03
Samoa -
TexDeuce -

Only if there are vacancies, plus he needs a senate to confirm....

9/20/20 8:37 AM
1/1/01
Samoa - 
TexDeuce -

Depends what you mean by "replace." Federal judges are appointed for life. So the only way to replace is if they leave (retirement, death) or if they are impeached/removed from the bench. But there is no constitutionally mandated number of judges on the Supreme Court, and the number has changed over time. A president Biden could simply add more judges to the Court to have an ideologically left leaning majority. That's called "packing."

9/20/20 8:42 AM
4/19/09
Oklahoma44 -
TFK_MIB Got to Me -

1. End the filibuster.

2. Pack the court.

Adding states, judges and ending the electoral college will be the things that save the USA 

9/20/20 3:06 PM
1/1/01
Trust -
Samoa - 
TexDeuce -

Depends what you mean by "replace." Federal judges are appointed for life. So the only way to replace is if they leave (retirement, death) or if they are impeached/removed from the bench. But there is no constitutionally mandated number of judges on the Supreme Court, and the number has changed over time. A president Biden could simply add more judges to the Court to have an ideologically left leaning majority. That's called "packing."

I didn’t know that. What other numbers has the court seen?  5,7,11 etc?

9/20/20 3:15 PM
3/2/09

Trump is not losing to Biden. And I don't particularly like Trump, but Biden is a sorry ass candidate .

9/20/20 3:20 PM
8/23/11
Erik Apple -

Would you still consider his Presidency a win Overall?

With a 6 to 3 SCOTUS, i think no matter what, he "won"  it would handicap the Dems for a decade or longer

win or lose (I think he’s a shoe in for a 2nd term) Trumps legacy will last for decades 

tax cuts 

deregulation 

trade deals 

Middle East agreements 

military might 

judges and SC picks 

the wall. 

The list goes on. 

What’s biden going to do? 

hes a tired inept old man that doesn’t have the fight in him. 

trump went to war every day for 4 years and got shit done... The only concern would be NK China, Russia Iran saying they’ve had enough being kicked around and seeing the weakness of Biden testing Th e USA on the world stage.