OtherGround Forums If the Democratic Party is good for black people..

2 days ago
9/23/07
Why arent black people thriving and succeeding in places like Detroit, Newark and Balitmore where they have had unbroken democratic leadership going back to the 1950-60s?
2 days ago
7/25/13

I don’t see inner city poor thriving regardless of which party is in power. Do you have a good example of Republican leadership helping black people thrive in these conditions? If so, please share.

2 days ago
2/28/03

Cause they drove out big business with their wild pro labor nonsense and state taxes 

2 days ago
9/23/07
Principal Andy - 

I don’t see inner city poor thriving regardless of which party is in power. Do you have a good example of Republican leadership helping black people thrive in these conditions? If so, please share.

Trump had black unemployment at historic lows pre covid shutdown.

Edited: 2 days ago
11/17/10
Principal Andy -

take a look at the list of NYC mayors (post consolidation era)

notice how pretty much all were/are Dems

then notice the mayor in 1994, Guiliani, a rrepublican

there is a reason people distinguish between "pre-Giuliani" and Post-Giuliani" NYC

NYC was a wild west shithole pre giuliani

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_New_York_City

2 days ago
7/25/13
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

In the cities that you are referencing? Seems like you’re making a false equivalency, by citing country-wide data. Be specific about which cities and who the republican leadership was. 

2 days ago
5/30/03
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

In the cities that you are referencing? Seems like you’re making a false equivalency, by citing country-wide data. Be specific about which cities and who the republican leadership was. 

Unemployment went from 10 to 5% under giuliani from 94-01.  This is for NYC. 

2 days ago
4/3/20

Hopefully, honest to god black people appreciate the higher wisdom that the OG provides, as they clearly can’t figure this out for themselves

2 days ago
7/25/13
The Maestro -
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

Funny how when unemployment goes down with a Republican mayor, it has nothing to do with the  Democratic president & When it goes down with a republican president, it has nothing to do with the democratic mayor.

2 days ago
11/17/10
In Limbo -
Principal Andy -

there is a reason people distinguish between "pre-Giuliani" and Post-Giuliani" NYC

ttt for a response

2 days ago
8/6/08

the answer is the democratic party is not good for anyone...they offer cheap comforts...like eating candy -tastes good in the moment, but eventually you will end up fat with a lot of cavities...

2 days ago
1/1/01
Principal Andy -
The Maestro -
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

Funny how when unemployment goes down with a Republican mayor, it has nothing to do with the  Democratic president & When it goes down with a republican president, it has nothing to do with the democratic mayor.

Too generic of a statement. It depends on who's enacting policies that affected the area. Were they local policies enacted by the mayor or governor, or federal policies enacted by the president

2 days ago
7/25/13
sicko -
Principal Andy -
The Maestro -
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

Too generic of a statement. It depends on who's enacting policies that affected the area. Were they local policies enacted by the mayor or governor, or federal policies enacted by the president

I agree, that’s the point that I was making. 

2 days ago
3/25/11

What needs to be addressed is the fact that people don't vote in their local elections. The votes that matter most are not the national ones, but the local elections. These local elections will affect you every single day. Turn out for non presidential elections are abysmal, and im curious to know how the turn out is in inner city neighborhoods in general. 

2 days ago
11/17/10
In Limbo -
In Limbo -
Principal Andy -

ttt for a response

any response from principal andy?

i was the first to answer his question but he is ducking my post

5/30/03
Principal Andy -
The Maestro -
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

Listen you Fucking moron, we pointed to Trumps current presidency which has led to the lowest unemployment figures for blacks and Hispanics. You shifted the goal post and demanded a case with a Republican mayor and local unempyment figures for minorities. I pointed to a huge decline during the 90s with Giuliani in NYC. You shifted the goal post again.  George PATAKI (R) was governor during Giuliani time! Now what?

Dumb piece of shit that won't admit when he's wrong 

2 days ago
5/30/03
sicko -
Principal Andy -
The Maestro -
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

George Pataki was governor during Giuliani time. He was a republican. Now let's shift thr goal post that he wasn't black lol

2 days ago
8/23/11
Principal Andy -
The Maestro -
Principal Andy -
Brockback Mountain -
Principal Andy - 

Why don’t you list the policies you think the president at the time deserved credit for 

2 days ago
11/17/10
In Limbo -
In Limbo -
In Limbo -
Principal Andy -

ttt for a response

any response from principal andy?

i was the first to answer his question but he is ducking my post

i guess he doesnt want to address my post , for "some" reason

2 days ago
4/3/08
Principal Andy -

So your argument is: the Dems lie to their main constituency and their principles are full of shit, but but but but Republicans!

2 days ago
12/29/09

Go Sandy, It's your birthday.

1/1/01
They just need more of the same, stay the course.

One day, no one knows when, it will all just work.

A city council of grandstanding, race-obsessed, radical activists will --somehow-- gain the complex economic knowledge and skill to help a failed city prosper, once again.

We just need to keep waiting and waiting and be ever vigilant that NO ONE with any business acumen ever gets elected.

2 days ago
5/30/03

Andy will only admit he doesn't know wtf he's talking about when there is reduced unemployment under a Republican president, with Republicans governor and Republican mayor of NYC.  All those positions have to be filled with African Americans as well.  

2 days ago
11/17/10

i guess principal andy abandoned this thread with the quickness lol

2 days ago
5/14/13
Principal Andy -

You're just determined to go down swinging, aren't you?