OtherGround Forums If the TRUMPs Paid FULL Tax UBI =NO PROBLEM

3 days ago
10/16/07

I think it’s disingenuous to say they didn’t pay taxes...because they are giving money to people who have to pay tax on it...including CEO’s.

the question of offshoring and taxing/tariffs to encourage domestic labour is interesting but Democrats hate that approach.

3 days ago
1/9/19

statistic have REVEALED that the AVERAGE Adult AMERICAN (which means MOST OGs) have NO $$$ saved, not even a small 1k for Emergency Expense!

and while I have lived a simple humble and RESPONSIBLE existence managing to SMARTLY improve my position now LIVING the LUXURY townhome lifestyle WALKING distance to WholeFoods and TWO StarBUCK$ I don't wish to experience seeing the result of my RESPONSIBLE living efforts result in BANKRUPTCY because of AGING HEALTHCARE COST$.

Sure I would keep my home as it can be PAID-IN-FULL now at ANY TIME but still I would like to ENJOY the fruits of the seeds I planted(investments) by supporting the SAME UBI as other CIVILIZED FIRST WORLD NATIONS expereince which allows them to ENJOY their GlobeTrotting Holidays Abroad!  Anyway, as a DUAL citizen I already have some UBI so I KNOW FIRST HAND the BENEFIT!  

and one more thing, illness/injury can happen long before one is "old" so if you don't wish to suffer bankruptcy due to the cost of healthcare for yoursef or family member then you should support UBI so that you can enjoy your future without worry for Medical Bankruptcy!

3 days ago
1/9/19
pcuzz -
theraskal - 
Eskimo -

Threads like this really deliver. They show precisely why stupid people shouldn’t be in charge of doing math, especially with big numbers. 

If you take 100% of the wealth from the top 1% it won’t fund our entitlement programs for 3 years. Let that sink in dipshits. 

You only have to make 200k to be in the top 2% so that’s definitely not rich. So when talking about rich it’s only the 1%. 

People that are wealthy are very wealthy, no doubt. However, there are very few of these people so their taxable money is small compared to the other 99%. 

In short, we cannot even pay for our current entitlement programs. Adding another can’t be made solvent by stealing rich people’s money. 

yeah Warren Buffett knows NOTHING about wealth and math!

Warren Buffett says wealthy people like himself aren't paying enough when it comes to taxes-----

https://www.usatoday.com/money/

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates agree that the rich should pay higher taxes-----

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/25/warren-buffett-and-bill-gates-the-rich-should-pay-higher-taxes.html

Warren Buffets company fought paying the taxes the IRS says it owed.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/warren-buffett-taxes-berkshire-hathaway_n_941099

I will quote good friend EvilYoshida here:  "Those who know KNOW........"

and Warren Buffett certainly KNOWS and has been campaigning to CHANGE the system!

3 days ago
1/9/19
Beelze -

Yang Gang.

SMART fellow!

3 days ago
12/17/06

If TRUMP paid HIMSELF LESS, I could RETIRE on HIS money.

3 days ago
1/9/19
Altofsky -

yet Trump had no problem manipulating the system to his advantage avoiding paying taxes and the draft(can't say I blame him there) yet enjoying the benefit of living well in the USA thanks to your tax contributions LOL

Edited: 3 days ago
1/9/19

I have just realized I had a Brain-Trip when I made this thread.  It was meant to inspire dialogue for Universal Healthcare.......but oh well, if those GREEDY MEGA-WEALTHIES paid their REAL tax then the PEOPLE could have some UBI WEALTH EQUALITY and HEALTHCARE too just like how RICH SHAREHOLDERS get RICHER each month with some DIVIDENDS!

3 days ago
1/12/10

Ubi will cost ~$2 TRILLION dollars a year. 

Didn’t read op because it’s bullshit just like UBI. 

3 days ago
12/17/06
theraskal -
Altofsky -

yet Trump had no problem manipulating the system to his advantage avoiding paying taxes and the draft(can't say I blame him there) yet enjoying the benefit of living well in the USA thanks to your tax contributions LOL

If Warren BUFFET would just GIVE ME his MONEY, I wouldn't have to PAY for crack COCAINE.

3 days ago
1/17/03

Do those companies get out of federal taxes because of write offs? Or did they each make deals because of the # of employees?

3 days ago
1/17/03

Also, they all pay some state tax, correct?

3 days ago
1/9/19
Altofsky -
theraskal -
Altofsky -

If Warren BUFFET would just GIVE ME his MONEY, I wouldn't have to PAY for crack COCAINE.

well, perhaps you could use it for more industrious activities 

3 days ago
11/10/18
theraskal -
Eskimo -

Threads like this really deliver. They show precisely why stupid people shouldn’t be in charge of doing math, especially with big numbers. 

If you take 100% of the wealth from the top 1% it won’t fund our entitlement programs for 3 years. Let that sink in dipshits. 

You only have to make 200k to be in the top 2% so that’s definitely not rich. So when talking about rich it’s only the 1%. 

People that are wealthy are very wealthy, no doubt. However, there are very few of these people so their taxable money is small compared to the other 99%. 

In short, we cannot even pay for our current entitlement programs. Adding another can’t be made solvent by stealing rich people’s money. 

Warren Buffett says wealthy people like himself aren't paying enough when it comes to taxes-----

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/25/warren-buffett-and-bill-gates-the-rich-should-pay-higher-taxes.html

You just moved the goalposts. I never said the rich couldn’t or shouldn’t pay more in taxes. You never said they should. Get your shit together and form a cohesive thought and follow that with a logical argument. I feel like I’m talking to my kids.

Edited: 3 days ago
12/6/16

UBI is ridiculous.  Just look at what good dependence on the gov't does in places like the projects.

This discussion does a good job of highlighting the rift currently happening on the right.  I think Tucker is 100% right.

So taking Tucker's positiong (populism) and comparing it the UBI, what are the the likely results?

Both UBI (Leftists) and Tariff's/Protectionism (populist right) is gov't entanglement in private affairs, but which has better results?  Just read wealth of nations and Smith gives all kinds of accoutns where it is okay for gov't to be involved in private economic affairs.  Market fundamentalism wasn't really a thing until the West needed a philisophical foundation to defend against government runned economies during the Cold War.

UBI guarantees a class of people dependent on gov't handouts.  This doesn't address people's needs for fulfillment/ feeling that they contribute to society.  People in the projects get gov't handouts but usually devolve into antisocial and unproductive behavior.

Tariff's/protectionism artificially prevents automation and outsourcing of jobs to other countries.  This restricts business owners and might raise prices of goods but at the same time allows for people in the country to find employment that would otherwise be automated or sent overseas.  As a result, people have a source of income not coming from the gov't and that allows them to go out and work 5 days a week, giving them self worth and not allowing them the time to sit around and do drugs/get high all day like you see in most areas where people are dependent on the gov't welfare for their income.

3 days ago
1/9/19
Eskimo -
theraskal -
Eskimo -

You just moved the goalposts. I never said the rich couldn’t or shouldn’t pay more in taxes. You never said they should. Get your shit together and form a cohesive thought and follow that with a logical argument. I feel like I’m talking to my kids.

my discussions are an organic evolution of dialogue 

3 days ago
1/1/01

I am skeptical of UBI but the funding of it is supposed to come through a VAT and replacement (his words an opt out) of existing social programs such as food stamps, SS disability etc.  That would also shrink the bureaucracy associated with those welfare programs.  The question is how much can those things actually help pay for UBI.  

3 days ago
1/1/01

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if $1000 figure is a starting point and can be negotiated down.  You would also have to reform the current income tax system more and take away a lot of credits, etc.

3 days ago
1/9/19

"Just as the commandment “Thou shalt not kill” sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say “thou shalt not” to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills.

— Pope Francis

the Pope addressed US Congress to “eliminate new global forms of slavery born of grave injustices which can be overcome only through new policies and new forms of social consensus.”

The Pope’s words echoed supporters of Basic Income, a new policy that would eliminate poverty by providing every citizen an unconditional minimum income, enough to cover the basics — food, shelter, etc.

Here are just a handful of many quotes from the Pope’s speech to the US Congress

"Let us seek for others the same possibilities which we seek for ourselves. Let us help others to grow, as we would like to be helped ourselves. In a word, if we want security, let us give security…"-----Pope Francis

https://medium.com/basic-income/why-the-pope-supports-basic-income-ec45b94829de

3 days ago
12/15/09
theraskal -

we are ALL aging and YOU WILL FACE the REALITY of HIGH-CO$T health-care

FOR PROFIT BIG INSURANCE INDUSTRY is a PREDATORY SCAM system!

time to support UBI so you don't have to sell all your GUNS and other treasures to FUND your BANKRUPTCY life due to HIGH COST of HEALTHCARE!

Why is it always the insurance company and not the hospital? I'm confused. Also, I thought really smart tech billionaires were going to start an insurance company. What happened to that? 

3 days ago
1/1/01

Except the mega wealthy would simply move their with their money somewhere else to avoid it...

How the fuck are people like you this stupid!?

2 days ago
1/9/19
amadeus -

Except the mega wealthy would simply move their with their money somewhere else to avoid it...

keep worshipping your FALSE IDOLS

2 days ago
8/2/19
theraskal -
amadeus -

It doesn't sound like he's 'worshiping false idols' - it sounds like he's telling you what the wealthy would do.

If you're too fucking stupid to comprehend a basic sentence, string together two coherent sentences yourself or write a paragraph without capitalizing random words...  Perhaps your ideas on macroeconomics and taxation aren't as great as you perceive them to be?

Edited: 2 days ago
1/9/19
jspeed -
theraskal -
amadeus -

It doesn't sound like he's 'worshiping false idols' - it sounds like he's telling you what the wealthy would do.

If you're too fucking stupid to comprehend a basic sentence, string together two coherent sentences yourself or write a paragraph without capitalizing random words...  Perhaps your ideas on macroeconomics and taxation aren't as great as you perceive them to be?

I always have GREAT ideas, BRILLIANT observations, probably nobel class catagory

2 days ago
8/2/19
theraskal -
jspeed -
theraskal -
amadeus -

I always have GREAT ideas, BRILLIANT observations, probably nobel class catagory

Well then figuring out how to format your text so it doesn't look like it was typed up by an autistic monkey should be a walk in the park.

2 days ago
12/17/06
theraskal -
Altofsky -
theraskal -
Altofsky -

well, perhaps you could use it for more industrious activities 

Free RANGE dildos