OtherGround Forums If you were Marvel, how to bring in the X-men

8 days ago
3/17/14

Into the MCU?

I think Jeremy at The Quartering is correct. Dark Phoenix just bombed. You reboot with a cameo maybe best.

Or you can go this route.

1. You make a Prof.X and Magneto movie. Most of what made X-Men so great was their friendship/rivalry. Make their origins/history the center of the X-Men reboot just for the first movie or so. From there you can bring it alone.

At the same time give Wolverine a cameo in a Hulk movie before you do yours second X-Men movie after Prof.X/Magneto film. Finish the Hulk movie where Logan somehow meets Prof.X and invites him to the team hes trying to build. 

That will give you 2 movies where the X-Men are involved. Both Logan and Prof.X/Magneto were the driving force to early X-Men and still are some of the most popular.

Then in the next movies you can bring the actually team into the fold. Prof.X runs into the Shadow King and that brings in Storm since they are around Prof. X at the same time. Shes not that popular but she adds depth and Shadow King is a good villian. You can also give Dr. Srange a cameo as Shadow King is well verse in the Astral world and all that you can also shoehorn Jean Gray into the mix. This also can add a new Dr Strange story arc for his movies. Maybe even Black Panther aswell, who knows.

There, you have Prof.X, Magneto, Jean Gray, Storm, Wolverine added in and you can also have minor introductions to Cyclops, Beast, etc in only 3 movies with 1 really being a Hulk movie. The cameos of Dr.Strange and Black Panther could help.

Not a bad start off point. 

8 days ago
6/23/12

I hope they don't do the parallel universe thing. That and time travel are such hokey ways of sneaking around problems.

8 days ago
3/17/14
RockTheVote -

I hope they don't do the parallel universe thing. That and time travel are such hokey ways of sneaking around problems.

Agreed. They could use the out of bringing everyone back from the Thanos snap altered the people who came back.

Hulk did the finger snap. Let's say his gamma powered melted with the IG gamma powers and caused the returning people to result in a higher rate of mutants being born. 

That would explain why no one in the know like Nick Fury and company really mentions Mutants. They just were not alot of them around pre-Thanos snap.

8 days ago
7/26/07
I think they need to stop doing the Dark Phoenix storyline, the last time they tried it the movie didn't do well either.
8 days ago
3/17/14
Chimonos Revenge - I think they need to stop doing the Dark Phoenix storyline, the last time they tried it the movie didn't do well either.

Indeed. A major reason is people really dont care about Jean Grey. Shes always been a bland character. If the Logan-Cyclops-Jean Grey love triangle was not a thing, no one would care about her largely.

Also cyclops fucking sucks. Hes easy to hate. You can't have a story driven by Cyclops or Jean Grey and actually like them both.

8 days ago
7/26/07
BRUTELLYDUMBFOOTBALLHACK - 
Chimonos Revenge - I think they need to stop doing the Dark Phoenix storyline, the last time they tried it the movie didn't do well either.

Indeed. A major reason is people really dont care about Jean Grey. Shes always been a bland character. If the Logan-Cyclops-Jean Grey love triangle was not a thing, no one would care about her largely.

Also cyclops fucking sucks. Hes easy to hate. You can't have a story driven by Cyclops or Jean Grey and actually like them both.

Combine that with people maybe not wanting to see an overpowered "good guy" fighting all the rest of the good guys.
8 days ago
7/26/07
Bringing Deadpool into the fold maybe is a good way to introduce the X-men?

He's probably the most popular X-men movie property right now.

They could work him into the MCU, have him make another cameo at the Mansion like in Deadpool 2...slowly work the X-men into it that way?
8 days ago
1/1/01

I would act as though ALL previous x-men films never happened. How the x-men get reintroduced would depend upon what Marvel's long term plans are.

...and no one cares about Jean Grey. For most of the character's existence, she was boring as ********. Then Bendis came long and made Jean into a horrible human being who needs to die in a fire.

8 days ago
3/17/14
paw -

I would act as though ALL previous x-men films never happened. How the x-men get reintroduced would depend upon what Marvel's long term plans are.

...and no one cares about Jean Grey. For most of the character's existence, she was boring as ********. Then Bendis came long and made Jean into a horrible human being who needs to die in a fire.

This. All X-Men movies need to be wiped from existence. They can't be canon in the MCU.

With all the death because of Meta humans you can easy make it Mutans v Society thanks to Thanos and company. Dont ruin that nice head start with making all the former X-Men movies canon where Striker already came and went.

8 days ago
11/9/13
Chimonos Revenge - Bringing Deadpool into the fold maybe is a good way to introduce the X-men?

He's probably the most popular X-men movie property right now.

They could work him into the MCU, have him make another cameo at the Mansion like in Deadpool 2...slowly work the X-men into it that way?

This is what i was thinking.  Deadpool and Spiderman would make a cool start or maybe bring some Xmen (Wolverine?) in through Hulk.

8 days ago
5/9/10

Avoid the Phoenix line at all costs.

8 days ago
7/26/07
Maybe reboot the Trask/Sentinel/Master Mold plotline?

Fear for meta humans post Thanos?

Bring the mutants into that plotline?
8 days ago
1/11/06

Just restart that whole mess - like they did with Spider-Man. 

8 days ago
7/26/07
emu67 - 

They can just restart it, the question is how to you work them into the current MCU
8 days ago
3/17/14
emu67 -

Yeah. But how do you work them in? That's why I made the thread. To discuss that.

8 days ago
10/12/10
Chimonos Revenge -
emu67 - 

They can just restart it, the question is how to you work them into the current MCU

You don't.

Why bring the Xmen in when this current era is getting on and drawing to a close. They need xmen, f4 and Avengers all peaking if you want to tie them all in. Cant have semi retired avengers with a new xmen team.

8 days ago
9/9/02
Just do the BS they did with Captain Marvel lol

She has been the most powerful person in the universe for like 25 years and no one ever knew who she was all this time, so dumb

So maybe the rebooted MCU X-Men can just show up and be like "Hey guys, we are mutants, we just be around all this time, but now we want to be super heros also!"
Edited: 8 days ago
2/19/19

I honestly think they need to saty away from the reboots at this point. It is getting too convoluted, what happened, what didn't happen, etc. This movie looked like trash from the 1st second of the preview. The only X-Men movie I thought was worth a shit was Days of Future Past.

I feel like the problem is that they try to twist or create a Hollywood version of the story. I am just going to asume (and I would bet I am right) that the Dark Phoneix movie is vastly different from the story in the comics.

They really should just focus on standalone movies with this series and play close to the comics as possible. I honestly feel like with X-Men having so many characters, they should just make it into a television series and then play the films off this if they can get it right.

8 days ago
3/17/14
liquidrob - Just do the BS they did with Captain Marvel lol

She has been the most powerful person in the universe for like 25 years and no one ever knew who she was all this time, so dumb

So maybe the rebooted MCU X-Men can just show up and be like "Hey guys, we are mutants, we just be around all this time, but now we want to be super heros also!"

I didnt watch Captian Marvel but was she not off world for most of that time. Thag easy explains why no one knew her.

You can't hind what the X-Men have already did. Magneto attacked New York in the first movie.

8 days ago
4/2/08

Avengers has spoiled comic book fans. The original X-Men movie that came out was one of the best super hero movie in decades and then the sequel was great...the 3rd one sucked...First Class and Days of future past was great. They have just been hit and miss, but there have been some good movies in the series. 

Avengers 2 sucked, but you dont blow up the series on a bad movie.  

8 days ago
9/13/02

well, given how the MCU has operated in the past it will be at least 2-3 years before we see anything XMEN related unless Feige completely reconfigures the schedule like they did when they got the rights to Spiderman. 

Phase 3 ends with the upcoming Spiderman movie. we'll probably a end credit/post credit scene or 2. since we already know (approximately) whate movies are in Phase 4:

Black Widow
The Eternals
Doctor Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Shang-Chi
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

it won't be until phase 5 when they're formally introduced. sure, they may be in a post credits scene or 3, but nothing in the upcoming phase has ANYTHING to do with the xmen or mutants. 

maybe phase 5. 

or a completely separate MCU for the XMEN universe. plenty of great stories that don't overlap with the avengers.

10/27/03

They shouldn’t share the MCU.

“Feared and shunned by society, Charles school for the gifted is a safe haven .... where they all watch superheroes on the TV exactly like them, that no one has a problem with.”

8 days ago
3/17/14
Mr. Wright -

well, given how the MCU has operated in the past it will be at least 2-3 years before we see anything XMEN related unless Feige completely reconfigures the schedule like they did when they got the rights to Spiderman. 

Phase 3 ends with the upcoming Spiderman movie. we'll probably a end credit/post credit scene or 2. since we already know (approximately) whate movies are in Phase 4:

Black Widow
The Eternals
Doctor Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Shang-Chi
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

it won't be until phase 5 when they're formally introduced. sure, they may be in a post credits scene or 3, but nothing in the upcoming phase has ANYTHING to do with the xmen or mutants. 

maybe phase 5. 

or a completely separate MCU for the XMEN universe. plenty of great stories that don't overlap with the avengers.

Which would be best got the francise. It should be on the shelf for a few years.

Gives you time to find the right actors with the right scripts. Give the fans time to forget the abominations that the last few movies have been. This was the perfect time to get control over the license.

1/1/01
FingerorMoon - 

“Feared and shunned by society, Charles school for the gifted is a safe haven .... where they all watch superheroes on the TV exactly like them, that no one has a problem with.”

This is a fair point that has been a plot point that Marvel has addressed in the comics with varying degrees of success.

8 days ago
7/13/09

Probably go with Toni’s Snap bringing everyone back created mutations in people. Prof X and Magneto and a few other mutants had been around before all that as mutation was looked at as a very rare condition. But the snap triggered something that has made the X gene activate in a far greater ratio of people than before. Start Magneto off as Wanda’s dad being pissed his son was killed in Sokovia and about to start a shitstorm. Start Wolverine as Canada’s Weapon X attacking Hulk, then tie in him getting recruited by Xavier from Canada’s newly created Alpha Flight that’s supposed to be Canada’s avengers. 

Then I’d just put Deadpool in the new Universe cracking jokes about how he’s in this new universe and everyone’s been recast WTF!?