OtherGround Forums I'm going to admit something stupid

9 days ago
1/1/01
When I was young I was helping my dad build a shed. He asked me to get him a tube of ore. I spent 30 mins looking while he was laughing.

2x4
9 days ago
4/6/19

I had zero understanding that military hueys had zero armour... after flying in one from bolivia I figured it must have been stripped down. of course not thinking weight but just how damn thin aircraft aluminum is

9 days ago
7/20/08

I had no idea that baby carrots were just tard carrots whittled down to look pretty.  Still not sure I believe it.

9 days ago
5/13/11

I love the Princess Bride. 

I binged at least twice, and am a huge fan of Criminal Minds. 

I just made the connection a few months ago. 

9 days ago
1/1/01
Of course the ice cream man story...

When I was young my mom always said that when you heard the ice cream truck music, it meant they were out of ice cream so they were playing the song...."we're so sad...it's all gone...catch me soon...before you hear this song.

Such a whore.
9 days ago
9/13/12
mglaw - Of course the ice cream man story...

When I was young my mom always said that when you heard the ice cream truck music, it meant they were out of ice cream so they were playing the song...."we're so sad...it's all gone...catch me soon...before you hear this song.

Such a whore.

That’s pretty unforgivable 

9 days ago
4/18/01
GOKUJITSU - 

Such a whore.

That’s pretty unforgivable 

This motherfucker is going to smile while pulling thr plug
9 days ago
10/14/10

Until I was six, I thought raisins were candy.

fuck you mom.

love you mom.

9 days ago
1/1/11
nek -

Not mine, but a friend of my that went to Catholic school thought that the way sex worked was that you shoot one of your balls into a woman through your penis and then she became pregnant.  As an extension of this idea, he thought that the number of balls you had was the number of children you were able to have.

Lol

9 days ago
6/26/17
Jayn200 -
papa pump -

My friend and I went drunk go karting last week. I was passing him on his left side going into a right turn. He swerved a quick right then a full on hard left trying to run me off the road. I anticipated this retarded tactic and hit my brake. 

He he ran directly into the left barrier, breaking his collarbone, sternum and multiple ribs. 

He hates his life right now

Are you drunk right now? This doesn't belong in this thread. 

Fight me

9 days ago
5/27/19
nek -
Jump Kick -

I’m 41 and learned this today from Michael Bisping on his podcast. I just assumed the z was pronounced as a z.

To be fair , the 'z' as a 'th' thing is really a Spain thing.  The other spanish speaking countries pronounce the z as a z.  For instances, the spanish word for shoes is 'zapatos'.  If you go to a small town in Mexico and say thapatos, you'll get treated like a Frenchman in Alabama once the news reported they weren't joining the Coalition of the Willing.

True dat. It's like the whole country has a lisp.

What, I have to put in something stupid too?

When I was in junior high, I was expelled from sex ed class and missed the whole module on menstruation. I had no sisters and my mom was pretty covert. I didn't really understand women's periods until I was into adulthood. I'd see advertisements where they'd pour blue dye on tampons and wonder what that was all about. Rumour was there was bleeding involved. I really had no clue. Finally my girlfriend explained it to me in university.

9 days ago
1/14/07
TXEMC1 -
Briscoe - When my son was first born I asked the Nurse how long it would be until his eyes opened... as if he was a pup.

Fuck me that's funny. Thanks Briscoe.

I obviously had no understanding of kids lol. 

9 days ago
12/10/09
Girly -

I thought it was "make end's meat" until 5 years ago 

Mind bottling 

9 days ago
5/3/03

Such a whore.

Reading this just made me remember something from DECADES ago. 7 years old I’m playing with Star Wars figures in the front yard. I hear the ice cream truck music, well before I see it. I run inside, got 50 cents from my mom and ran outside. Pleading /begging my mom must have taken longer than I thought . I run outside just as he was passing by . I waved frantically , he sees me , waves back but keeps driving . I ran out into the street to give chase but he was gone.

It was devastating 

9 days ago
10/30/05
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Same. Only figured it out because I googled the princess bride cast when I was watching it a couple weeks ago. 

9 days ago
2/9/12

I didn’t fully understand sex until my mid 20’s

9 days ago
1/1/01
It wasn't until after I had applied for university that I realized you take normal classes in university.
9 days ago
10/24/03

I thought "Don't you forget about me" by Simple Minds was done by U2 till like 2 years ago lol 

9 days ago
5/2/02
In Limbo -

I didnt know Rhode island was a State until high school

i always thought of it as the Long Island of Mass or something

Because of a Rocky and Bulleinkle episode, I thought it was “Rowed Island” for far longer than anyone should. 

9 days ago
10/22/11

The 'x' on the ps controller is called a cross, I've been calling it an x for over 20yrs

9 days ago
5/2/02
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

I still have no idea how these things are connected if at all.  

9 days ago
4/22/03
ksacs revenge -
SalaciousCrumb -
Spunkchops -

And so should you.

I didn't realise beans are considered vegetables until my 20s.

Technically, there’s no such thing as a vegetable. Everything you call a vegetable is the stalk, bulb, stem, or flower of a plant 

What exactly is you're working definition of a vegetable?

Something or someone that has no choice in what you chose to do with it or them. 

Edited: 9 days ago
7/26/07
nottheface -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Mandy Patinkin?

the actor that played inigo montoya is in it, hes also in Homeland on showtime

9 days ago
3/1/13

I thought living with a woman would be.....tolerable.

9 days ago
5/2/02
Chimonos Revenge -
nottheface -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Mandy Patinkin?

the actor that played inigo montoya is in it, hes also in Homeland on showtime

Oh.