OtherGround Forums I'm growing fruits and veggies in a potted garden

5/3/18 10:20 PM
1/1/01

So we rent and the yard is rock but still wanted a garden so we started a potted garden. I'm growing tomatoes, jalapeños, yellow sweet peppers, eggplant, strawberries, hanging Tom Thumb tomatoes, watermelon, and a sugar cane for my terrorist neighbor. Plus last week I started an herb garden with rosemary, basil, sage, chocolate mint, parsley.

I also want to get a potted dwarf Meyer lemon tree so will be looking at a local nursery this weekend. Anyone else growing a potted garden? 

5/3/18 10:21 PM
1/1/01

5/3/18 10:23 PM
1/13/11

This is a beautiful selection and you’re making the most out of the situation, I applaud you Moo. I’m hoping to move soon, it’s been talked about for over a year.  Looks like it’s going to happen soon, so I’ll be hitting ou up for advice for my new potted garden soon! 

5/3/18 10:24 PM
7/12/13

Big fan...underrated hobby.

I’ll take some of that sugar cane when your boy gets sent to Guantanamo.

5/3/18 10:30 PM
1/1/01
ABCTT_Ted Crowder (verified)* -

This is a beautiful selection and you’re making the most out of the situation, I applaud you Moo. I’m hoping to move soon, it’s been talked about for over a year.  Looks like it’s going to happen soon, so I’ll be hitting ou up for advice for my new potted garden soon! 

You have a standing invite bro when you get down here we'll hang out on mill gawking at asu coeds and have some beers. My wife shouldn't get too mad. 

5/3/18 10:30 PM
1/5/07
Same situation, I rent and the backyard is all swimming pool and patio. Got a couple tomato plants, 5 different types of peppers, cucumber, watermelon, and 5 cactus. Need to get some trellis for the everybody this weekend. This is the first time I have ever tried to grow anything. So far we got 5 little tomatoes.
5/3/18 10:32 PM
1/1/01
Powdered Toast Man -

Big fan...underrated hobby.

I’ll take some of that sugar cane when your boy gets sent to Guantanamo.

My wife got him to talk and was like do you want to go in on a garden since he's in the main house and we have the Casita. He was all I would like to go sugar cane like my dad did when I was growing up. I thought it was a good gesture. 

5/3/18 10:33 PM
1/1/01
B Sharps - Same situation, I rent and the backyard is all swimming pool and patio. Got a couple tomato plants, 5 different types of peppers, cucumber, watermelon, and 5 cactus. Need to get some trellis for the everybody this weekend. This is the first time I have ever tried to grow anything. So far we got 5 little tomatoes.

Yeah I'm going to pick up a trellis this weekend for the watermelon that fucker is growing like weeds.

5/3/18 10:34 PM
1/24/15

Hopefully those alpha cats that are punking your pitbull don’t piss in the pots.

5/3/18 10:35 PM
2/28/18

You know you can buy this stuff in Walmart already grown and ready to eat?

5/3/18 10:36 PM
1/1/01
TryhardNobody -

The ppl who repeatedly make fun of me seem to have the same things in common. Boring ass d bags

"Omg how could you be getting laid all the time when all I do is grow parsley all day!!" 

Lol 

I don't need to pay hookers and make up pathetic stories  to try to be cool. 

5/3/18 10:37 PM
1/1/01
ABCTT Dos -

Hopefully those alpha cats that are punking your pitbull don’t piss in the pots.

Speaking of the cats I had to cover the horse shoe pit because they were using it as a litter box and I put cactus on the wall to try to keep them out of the yard.

5/3/18 10:38 PM
1/1/01
Texasjack1 -

You know you can buy this stuff in Walmart already grown and ready to eat?

They are much more flavorful than anything in the store.

5/3/18 10:38 PM
1/5/07
Mutant - 
B Sharps - Same situation, I rent and the backyard is all swimming pool and patio. Got a couple tomato plants, 5 different types of peppers, cucumber, watermelon, and 5 cactus. Need to get some trellis for the everybody this weekend. This is the first time I have ever tried to grow anything. So far we got 5 little tomatoes.

Yeah I'm going to pick up a trellis this weekend for the watermelon that fucker is growing like weeds.

Cucumber is the same. When I transplanted it last week I thought I had killed it. 10 days later and the growth is crazy.
5/3/18 10:39 PM
12/22/10
TryhardNobody -

The ppl who repeatedly make fun of me seem to have the same things in common. Boring ass d bags

"Omg how could you be getting laid all the time when all I do is grow parsley all day!!" 

Lol 

The fuck did you just say about container gardening? 

I know you didn't rape that hooker, and am normally cool with everything you post here, but you just crossed a line, mister. 

If you don't apologize, the consequences will never be the same. 

5/3/18 10:42 PM
12/22/10
Mutant -

So we rent and the yard is rock but still wanted a garden so we started a potted garden. I'm growing tomatoes, jalapeños, yellow sweet peppers, eggplant, strawberries, hanging Tom Thumb tomatoes, watermelon, and a sugar cane for my terrorist neighbor. Plus last week I started an herb garden with rosemary, basil, sage, chocolate mint, parsley.

I also want to get a potted dwarf Meyer lemon tree so will be looking at a local nursery this weekend. Anyone else growing a potted garden? 

That's a beautiful garden. 

I grow stuff every year. I've got a bunch of hot peppers going this year, so far.  

5/3/18 10:43 PM
6/15/16

You better offer to send me and my family some delicious veggies or I’m gonna get pist right the frig off!!

Nice set up!!!

5/3/18 10:47 PM
1/24/15

Gayest prison yard ever.

5/3/18 10:52 PM
12/16/00
in

teach me
5/3/18 11:05 PM
12/24/10

We have grown tomatoes and peppers the last couple years in pots. Didn't have  much luck with the tomatoes last year as we got nailed with hail a couple times. 

Are you using fertilizer?

5/3/18 11:07 PM
7/15/04

Why do you rent?

5/3/18 11:17 PM
1/1/01
Shinsplint -

We have grown tomatoes and peppers the last couple years in pots. Didn't have  much luck with the tomatoes last year as we got nailed with hail a couple times. 

Are you using fertilizer?

I add liquid fertilizer once a week and the tomatoes grow like crazy right after. 

5/3/18 11:19 PM
1/1/01
TexDeuce -

Why do you rent?

Why not? 

5/3/18 11:19 PM
1/1/01
ABCTT Dos -

Gayest prison yard ever.

It's only gay of you come over! 

5/3/18 11:26 PM
1/1/01
Captain CargoShorts: Pitbull Apologist -
Mutant -

That's a beautiful garden. 

I grow stuff every year. I've got a bunch of hot peppers going this year, so far.  

Thanks but it's nothing elaborate I raised them off the ground with pallets and got a hanging plant holder.