OtherGround Forums In ER being medically detoxed from booze

12/6/19 6:44 AM
9/12/10

The last three years have been the worst in my life. 3 years ago I lost my mother at Christmas. My dad is 75 with health problems so my sister and moved back in with him to help. I started drinking a lot of beer at that time. 2 years ago I had a back injury that has kept me from training. The injury has finally gotten better but the motivation to train is gone. Around that same time I stopped doing stand up, started to get panic attacks at the thought of performing. 1.5 years ago I made the biggest mistake of my life by leaving my girlfriend of 6 years who was my best friend. We were fighting a little more than usual likely due to building anxiety. The bosses daughter at my work and began falling for each other. We had so much in common and it seemed like fate. She broke an engagement to this rich sandnigger and I broke up with my girl and we moved in together. We had to do everything in secret like crazy secret because her parents/the owners couldn’t find out. Tons more weirdness, she was incredibly emotionally abusive and had tons of crazy from the fact that her childhood sweetheart who they had been together for 16 years or either OD and died or killed himself in the place we were living depending on the story that day to the fact that i later find out that she never refeered to that guy as anything but a friend, During this same time two of my best friends who we were inseparable broke up with their girls and kind of dropped a grenade into our friend group. 

About that same time my drinking got much worse. Less beer more whiskey then just whiskey.6-7 months ago the second relationship exploded so I quit my job there and moved companies. This was when it got terrible. Started drinking 5ths everyday, I started missing work, and started developing severe debilitating panic attacks. 2 weeks ago I was hospitalized with one but want honest about drinking, after that I started to therapy and that’s helping but I haven’t been honest with them either. Yesterday I told the truth to my family and we agreed that i need to go the hospital for a few days to medically detoxed! It’s the morning of day, feel like a loser having to do this but I am at the end of rope. I’m very hopeful for what the future holds but I’m also really scared. Just wanted to share what’s going on the world of loge.

12/6/19 6:49 AM
9/9/11

Hey man do you know the different between ketchup and catsup 

12/6/19 6:53 AM
9/12/10
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla -

I really do not

12/6/19 6:53 AM
11/15/07
Sorry for what you are going through. It looks like you have come to the realization that you have to do something, and you are. I hope the best possible outcome for you, and wish you strength, perseverance, and resilience as you battle through this. Come and get comic relief from the OG from time to time....it should help.
12/6/19 7:08 AM
6/26/17

Alcohol withdrawal is a bitch. I’m guessing you’re getting a bunch of Diazepam, which will stop you from potentially seizuring.

a 5th a day ain’t shit though man, you’ll be fine. Work on your life, see a therapist and talk about what’s bothering you.

things can improve faster than you think, if you address the root problems.

for now, grab a good book and sleep for a few days.

12/6/19 7:14 AM
1/5/11

When you are drinking a ton, you do have to be careful when you detox.

For what it's worth, I just passed 2 years without a drink, and it was one of the better moves I've made.

You gotta find a different way to release your stress. I'd also say reach out to your boss and make sure you are cool, assuming you already did.

Most workplaces will give you a pass one time, providing you do your part. No more banging in sick.

12/6/19 7:14 AM
5/8/13
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla -

Hunts catsup sucks, hienz ketchup is best...

12/6/19 7:15 AM
1/1/01
papa pump - 

Alcohol withdrawal is a bitch. I’m guessing you’re getting a bunch of Diazepam, which will stop you from potentially seizuring.

a 5th a day ain’t shit though man, you’ll be fine. Work on your life, see a therapist and talk about what’s bothering you.

things can improve faster than you think, if you address the root problems.

for now, grab a good book and sleep for a few days.

This.

You fucked things up pretty good, but the good news is that you actually did something about it.

Getting help in a professional way (detox) instead of just saying "I'll slow down a little" is huge.

Slow and steady from here.

You live in America. You can where you work, what you do, who you associate with and recreate the disaster of a life you've been living.

Good luck.
12/6/19 7:16 AM
5/8/13

Dude, you realized you had a problem and accepted it, huge first step! You’re getting help. Honestly, you’ll be yourself again soon. This is a good thing brother, rooting for you. Pm me if need to talk or anything 

12/6/19 7:18 AM
1/13/11

All the best Loge, if you keep being honest with yourself and the people trying to help you I like your chances.  You’re a funny fuck with a signature submission, if anyone can get through this it’s you.  Always remeber your family here, there’s a lot of awesome folks here willing to lend an ear or some advice. We’re open 24/7 don’t hesitate to stop by.  

12/6/19 7:28 AM
8/20/03

Good luck OP.

I hope you get well.

12/6/19 7:30 AM
1/1/01
Did you get into any legal trouble yet due to the drinking?

If not, you're fine.

JK man, good luck and get well.
12/6/19 7:31 AM
10/13/08

Good look bro

12/6/19 7:33 AM
10/15/13

I'd send you a pic of Passive Jays Wifes butthole, but that thread got deleted. 

12/6/19 7:36 AM
6/30/07

Good luck Loge.

12/6/19 7:37 AM
11/17/02

Good for you! Don’t look back. Get help from here.

My biggest failure at staying clean when I was younger was, once I was detoxed and “feeling better”, I thought I could go out and “control it.” That it would be different and better the next time. It won’t. It will get worse. 

If you stay clean, things will get better!

12/6/19 7:39 AM
8/4/10

Good luck bro

12/6/19 7:43 AM
12/15/11

You can overcome this.

Good luck!

12/6/19 7:48 AM
7/18/11

If you stop the drinking completely, everything else will fall into place.

Going hard on a hobby will help a lot. iirc you used to be active in the cooking/food threads that used to be all over here. Concentrating on stuff like that will help keep your mind straight. 

Good luck. 

12/6/19 7:49 AM
9/12/10
choadler -

When you are drinking a ton, you do have to be careful when you detox.

For what it's worth, I just passed 2 years without a drink, and it was one of the better moves I've made.

You gotta find a different way to release your stress. I'd also say reach out to your boss and make sure you are cool, assuming you already did.

Most workplaces will give you a pass one time, providing you do your part. No more banging in sick.

Thanks for the advice. Thankfully my bosses are close friends and very understanding but they exactly know the alcohol part yet. They will know when I see them next.

12/6/19 7:51 AM
9/12/10
SickEye -

If you stop the drinking completely, everything else will fall into place.

Going hard on a hobby will help a lot. iirc you used to be active in the cooking/food threads that used to be all over here. Concentrating on stuff like that will help keep your mind straight. 

Good luck. 

The main goal at the moment is get healthy and back on the mats. BJJ saved my life a decade ago and it’s going to help again! 

Edited: 12/6/19 7:55 AM
9/12/10
PeteyWheatstraw - Did you get into any legal trouble yet due to the drinking?

If not, you're fine.

JK man, good luck and get well.

No legal trouble thankfully. Came close for sure. I got into some street fights for no reason, would drink and drive a lot. During a crazy blackout argument with my sister (who I love to death and with whom I am very close) she slapped me and then when I grab her hand to try to make her not hit me again she started kneeing me in the balls so RNC’d her. That was a real low point for me. 

12/6/19 8:04 AM
1/1/01

Sandnigger?

Get well

12/6/19 8:04 AM
1/1/01
Are you familiar with a guy named Kevin Barbers? I feel like you could benefit a lot from what he has to offer.
12/6/19 8:18 AM
12/26/07
Stay Strong my Brother!