OtherGround Forums Interested in Mediumship??

9/20/20 9:04 PM
4/26/13

Please go on PJ’s podcast

9/20/20 9:08 PM
2/4/06
I No Kung Foo -
Ebony -
BarkLikeADog -

Dunno. Is "bullshit sniffer" a gift or a skill? Or a curse?

Lol... I meant you're magic. I said you were a skilled magician not trying to pass gifts off as real.

They responded "if his gifts aren't real how does he have them?".

I, aka They, thought you were talking OP's gifts.

*Has flashbacks of my teacher yelling about antecedents*

Sorry :(

Edited: 9/20/20 10:07 PM
12/10/09
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
mongrel 911 -

I get it, there are a lot of frauds out there. James Randi is clearly on a mission. I am very familiar with his testing of psychics and mediums. 

Psychic abilities are so unpredictable though.  The testing that James Randi put together is very focused and difficult.  I know I couldn't pass it, I have a long ways to go myself.  But these gifts don't necessarily work that way.  I'm not having a 2-way conversation with a spirit like I can with a person.  Most people are just shown images and/or things from our own experience as examples as to what is going on in someone else's life. For instance,  I might be seeing my own grandparents which would indicate to me that I am working with a sitters grandparents and then I would establish that connection with the sitter and begin to go deeper into the readreading. We see people,  places, objects, pets - all kinds of things that our sitters might connect with. 

Look, most readers aren't running around trying to pass these tests. I'm only reading people who are open and looking to hear from someone or receive guidance from their spirit team. I certainly don't have time to try to prove to every skeptic that what I do is legitimate.  You can watch my videos and determine for yourself, or you can attend one of my sessions as a sitter and find out first hand. But if you come in prepared to shoot everything down that we say, well then thats exactly what will happen!

So if you are just coming here to post James Randi videos, this thread most certainly isn't for you!

Lol. Yes, lots of frauds. Including every single psychic or “mystic.” 
And you can stop with the “this thread is only for those who are truly interested” stuff. This is an open forum, you aren’t going to have the luxury of only preaching to the choir, which is obviously preferable in your line of work. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will respect it, but I don't appreciate being called a fraud when you don't know anything about me or what I am doing here.

If there is something you don't agree with, feel free to challenge me on it and I'll do my best to explain, to the best of my abilities, but let's keep it respectful please. 

If you came in here telling us you’re Santa Claus, I’d also call you a fraud. I’d be just as correct then as I am now and I wouldn’t need know anything else about you. 

Then I guess you have it all figured out then!

You and I both know it's exactly that simple.

Something must have really hurt you for you to attack me without knowing anything about me. I'm automatically a fraud just because I give people psychic readings?  Because I feel passionate about connecting with people with the goal of helping them? Yeah, I'm such an evil person.  

Your words say a lot more about you than they do about me. I feel it's mainly because you don't understand it, so you feel threatened by it. Maybe it was because of how you were raised? Who knows. But by your definition of being a psychic, then a person magically knows the answer to every question in the world,  and suddenly knows all in the universe lol you definitely don't understand it, at all. 

But keep checking in, I know your secretly interested in all of this.

Your skills are pretty poor if you have to keep using “something must have hurt you” on every person who calls you out. You’ve already done it multiple times in this thread. 
Now you’re ascribing you me all kinds of beliefs I never stated. That says a lot about you. Point out where I said anything about a psychic needing to know every answer to any question? Or did you get that by reading my mind over the internet like the other guy a page back? And yes, thankfully I was raised to not fall for hucksters who feel fine taking advantage of vulnerable people. 

Is inane to think I need to know you personally to know you’re a fraud. 

9/20/20 10:37 PM
3/11/11
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
mongrel 911 -

I get it, there are a lot of frauds out there. James Randi is clearly on a mission. I am very familiar with his testing of psychics and mediums. 

Psychic abilities are so unpredictable though.  The testing that James Randi put together is very focused and difficult.  I know I couldn't pass it, I have a long ways to go myself.  But these gifts don't necessarily work that way.  I'm not having a 2-way conversation with a spirit like I can with a person.  Most people are just shown images and/or things from our own experience as examples as to what is going on in someone else's life. For instance,  I might be seeing my own grandparents which would indicate to me that I am working with a sitters grandparents and then I would establish that connection with the sitter and begin to go deeper into the readreading. We see people,  places, objects, pets - all kinds of things that our sitters might connect with. 

Look, most readers aren't running around trying to pass these tests. I'm only reading people who are open and looking to hear from someone or receive guidance from their spirit team. I certainly don't have time to try to prove to every skeptic that what I do is legitimate.  You can watch my videos and determine for yourself, or you can attend one of my sessions as a sitter and find out first hand. But if you come in prepared to shoot everything down that we say, well then thats exactly what will happen!

So if you are just coming here to post James Randi videos, this thread most certainly isn't for you!

And you can stop with the “this thread is only for those who are truly interested” stuff. This is an open forum, you aren’t going to have the luxury of only preaching to the choir, which is obviously preferable in your line of work. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will respect it, but I don't appreciate being called a fraud when you don't know anything about me or what I am doing here.

If there is something you don't agree with, feel free to challenge me on it and I'll do my best to explain, to the best of my abilities, but let's keep it respectful please. 

If you came in here telling us you’re Santa Claus, I’d also call you a fraud. I’d be just as correct then as I am now and I wouldn’t need know anything else about you. 

Something must have really hurt you for you to attack me without knowing anything about me. I'm automatically a fraud just because I give people psychic readings?  Because I feel passionate about connecting with people with the goal of helping them? Yeah, I'm such an evil person.  

Your words say a lot more about you than they do about me. I feel it's mainly because you don't understand it, so you feel threatened by it. Maybe it was because of how you were raised? Who knows. But by your definition of being a psychic, then a person magically knows the answer to every question in the world,  and suddenly knows all in the universe lol you definitely don't understand it, at all. 

Your skills are pretty poor if you have to keep using “something must have hurt you” on every person who calls you out. You’ve already done it multiple times in this thread. 
Now you’re ascribing you me all kinds of beliefs I never stated. That says a lot about you. Point out where I said anything about a psychic needing to know every answer to any question? Or did you get that by reading my mind over the internet like the other guy a page back? And yes, thankfully I was raised to not fall for hucksters who feel fine taking advantage of vulnerable people. 

Wow lol you sound really upset. Just get it all out - if anything this just makes me want to do this more, so thanks for the motivation! 

9/20/20 10:46 PM
12/10/09
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
mongrel 911 -

Wow lol you sound really upset. Just get it all out - if anything this just makes me want to do this more, so thanks for the motivation! 

You do it out of spite? That's pretty strange. You sound disturbed, but I guess that's not surprisng that someone who preys on the weak and vulnerable occasionally can't keep up the "just want to help people" act. 

9/20/20 11:01 PM
3/11/11
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
mongrel 911 -

You do it out of spite? That's pretty strange. You sound disturbed, but I guess that's not surprisng that someone who preys on the weak and vulnerable occasionally can't keep up the "just want to help people" act. 

You have issues dude lol. If you hate this stuff and people like me so much then why do you continue to come back to this thread? That's whats strange to me.. I'll keep chatting with you, its sounds like you need a friend! 

9/20/20 11:07 PM
10/11/05

"why do you continue to come back to this thread?"

Maybe some dead fella can give you some insight into that?

9/20/20 11:47 PM
11/16/08
Ebony -
I No Kung Foo -
Ebony -
BarkLikeADog -

Lol... I meant you're magic. I said you were a skilled magician not trying to pass gifts off as real.

*looks up "antecedents"*

Edited: 9/21/20 12:52 AM
2/4/06
I No Kung Foo -
Ebony -
I No Kung Foo -
Ebony -
BarkLikeADog - Dunno. Is "bullshit sniffer" a gift or a skill? Or a curse?

*looks up "antecedents"*

Lol... To make it easier because it has a history related definition, when writing, a pronoun should be preceded by and easily connected to a noun. The noun is referred to as the pronoun's antecedent. 

dismissed! Your paper's rough draft is due Tuesday!

9/21/20 12:14 AM
11/16/08
Ebony -
I No Kung Foo -
Ebony -
I No Kung Foo -
Ebony -
BarkLikeADog -

*looks up "antecedents"*

Lol... To make it easier because it has a history related definition, when writing a pronouns shoshould be preceded by and easily connected to a noun. The noun is referred to as the pronoun's antecedent. 

dismissed! Your paper's rough draft is due Tuesday!

9/21/20 8:59 AM
5/22/06

I think the idea of helping people while simultaneously making money is traditionally more accepted in professions in medicine or public service related. In your scenario the lines are a little more blurry since the “help” is difficult to measure and some may argue it is more harmful than helpful. I guess it is client specific.

Do you make a disclamer with the “sitters” at all? I’m just curious what the understanding is between you and your clients during an encounter.

FWI I am in the medical field and I find this whole conflict of interest concept fascinating. Where people making medical decisions (and even writing guidelines) for you as a patient, stand to gain a financial benefit. I don’t see this as all that different. 

9/21/20 12:46 PM
3/11/11
nudmamer -

I think the idea of helping people while simultaneously making money is traditionally more accepted in professions in medicine or public service related. In your scenario the lines are a little more blurry since the “help” is difficult to measure and some may argue it is more harmful than helpful. I guess it is client specific.

Do you make a disclamer with the “sitters” at all? I’m just curious what the understanding is between you and your clients during an encounter.

FWI I am in the medical field and I find this whole conflict of interest concept fascinating. Where people making medical decisions (and even writing guidelines) for you as a patient, stand to gain a financial benefit. I don’t see this as all that different. 

We do include disclaimer with the invite to our sessions that our readings are for entertainment purposes and that any guidance given should not supercede any guidance given by a legal and/or medical professionals. We are very clear with that even during the readings. Definitely not trying to misguide anyone. 

100% of the readings thus far with the group have been completely free, we are in the process of incorporating a fee to participate in the sessions as there should be an exchange of some sort for our time, but we won't be charging a lot. We aren't trying to get rich with these readings,  we legitimately enjoy giving them and we aren't trying to take advantage of anyone. Its all in pure fun. If anything,  its costing me money to provide these readings as I've invested my own money which covers operating costs for the website and the subscription costs for zoom.

We don't view ourselves as doctors in any shape or form. Most of the people we read are individuals who already have an interest in metaphysics and are looking for a fun experience so that's what we aim to provide. 

9/21/20 12:56 PM
12/10/09
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
mongrel 911 -

You have issues dude lol. If you hate this stuff and people like me so much then why do you continue to come back to this thread? That's whats strange to me.. I'll keep chatting with you, its sounds like you need a friend! 

I never said I hate you, but I do hate how you keep responding to statements I've never made instead of the ones I have. It makes sense, though, when related to your general response to anything. For example, pages back you said you "don't have time" to prove yourself by doing things such as the James Randi tests. That seems odd, with the amount of time you spend promoting yourself. Passing that test  would give someone like you incredible coverage, raise your status immeasurably and cement your status as very capable of doing what you claim. That accomplishment would allow you and your group to "help" exponetially more people as well. That doesn't even inclue the $1m prize. So it rings pretty hollow that you and your kind are just too busy to do it.

It's pretty amusing that someone who has people calling him "master" and pretending he can talk to dead people so he can court grieving and broken clients thinks I have issues.

And of course you'll keep responding. It keeps alive the thread you created here to promote your business.

9/21/20 1:21 PM
8/23/11
TheMysticMark - 

If you are interested in Mediumship and psychic readings, then please check out my YouTube Channel "The Mystic Mark" where I post videos on the mediumship sessions my group (The Night Owls) provide. We do readings every Friday night from 9-11pm EST and if you are interested in becoming a sitter, visit TheMysticMark.com to register.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRX503G5a8fCeJ3PlHb9pA

shouldnt you know if i'm interested in mediumship or not?

"For those interested in mediumship... we both know who you are.. check out my you tube channel"
9/21/20 1:34 PM
3/11/11
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
scrapdo -
TheMysticMark -
mongrel 911 -

I never said I hate you, but I do hate how you keep responding to statements I've never made instead of the ones I have. It makes sense, though, when related to your general response to anything. For example, pages back you said you "don't have time" to prove yourself by doing things such as the James Randi tests. That seems odd, with the amount of time you spend promoting yourself. Passing that test  would give someone like you incredible coverage, raise your status immeasurably and cement your status as very capable of doing what you claim. That accomplishment would allow you and your group to "help" exponetially more people as well. That doesn't even inclue the $1m prize. So it rings pretty hollow that you and your kind are just too busy to do it.

It's pretty amusing that someone who has people calling him "master" and pretending he can talk to dead people so he can court grieving and broken clients thinks I have issues.

And of course you'll keep responding. It keeps alive the thread you created here to promote your business.

I Would be open to putting my skills to the test one day with one of those organizations that are focusedon testingpsychics, why not? You are correct when you said there is a to gain should I be successful in the testing. That day will come eventually i suppose, but right now I am more focused on other things.  

No one calls me "master" so I do not understand that reference. 

9/21/20 1:39 PM
3/11/11
androb -
TheMysticMark - 

If you are interested in Mediumship and psychic readings, then please check out my YouTube Channel "The Mystic Mark" where I post videos on the mediumship sessions my group (The Night Owls) provide. We do readings every Friday night from 9-11pm EST and if you are interested in becoming a sitter, visit TheMysticMark.com to register.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRX503G5a8fCeJ3PlHb9pA

shouldnt you know if i'm interested in mediumship or not?

"For those interested in mediumship... we both know who you are.. check out my you tube channel"

If someone is a psychic,  it doesn't instantly provide access to everyone else's mind the world. It doesn't work that way. I just can't pick a name out of the phone book and know everything about their life and whats on their mind and what they are thinking. 

It's not like the movies lol psychics are just regular people and their abilities are different and depending on the level of experience they will know how to interpret the information coming through.  

9/21/20 1:47 PM
3/11/11

A lot of the time when reading people a medium is shown memories from their own life, so often times me or another reader will be shown someone from our own lives to help us figure out who it is we are connecting with - and there are mediums out there who can physically see the spirit that is coming through.  There are many, many methods used to connect with the spirit realm,  and you don't need a special ability to do it. Loved ones who have passed come through and connect with all of us. They are always communicating with us really. 

9/21/20 1:49 PM
3/15/15
What a load of nonsense.
9/21/20 1:49 PM
3/23/07

Oh boy, lmao.

9/21/20 1:54 PM
11/16/08

OP, do you have any good ghost stories?

9/21/20 2:10 PM
3/11/11
I No Kung Foo -

OP, do you have any good ghost stories?

Yes I do, I feel like most people have seen a ghost or have had a paranormal experience at some point in their life.  Children tend to have more because the veil is thinner when you are younger. Then as you grow, people tend to close off their abilities. 

9/21/20 2:30 PM
9/19/04

tell me something about my dad

9/21/20 2:53 PM
3/11/11
MrSmokalotapotamus -
TheMysticMark -
MrSmokalotapotamus -
TheMysticMark -
rbl -

Ask my dad what he did with the sewer diagrams for the house.

I'll take a stab at this. I actually saw a fire burning, so I feel like they could have been thrown into a fire - like a wood stove in the house? Are you working on a repair to the system and you are having trouble finding the plans? I definitely feel like something happened where they got destroyed. It's very tough connecting with people here on the OG. In order to read you, I need to make a connection. That can be made in person or via video.

Amazing how none of you can be specific, win the lottery or win the million dollar offer that was put up for any of you to prove you're psychic ability.   

We have all provided specific information, many times. Just about every person that has attended as a guest has been happy with their experience. 

Except when being tested. Weird how those powers just stop working when you could prove it for once and all.

I can assure you most people lack the confidence to go and get tested, just because someone is psychic doesn't mean they should instantly go rush to some place where they are going to be vigorously tested lol most psychics who start out are much more focused in developing their gift. It takes a lot of work and focus. Going to get tested should be for people who have been doing this for a long time and have the appropriate experience or have an incredible amount of ability.  

9/21/20 2:59 PM
3/11/11
MrSmokalotapotamus -
TheMysticMark -

A lot of the time when reading people a medium is shown memories from their own life, so often times me or another reader will be shown someone from our own lives to help us figure out who it is we are connecting with - and there are mediums out there who can physically see the spirit that is coming through.  There are many, many methods used to connect with the spirit realm,  and you don't need a special ability to do it. Loved ones who have passed come through and connect with all of us. They are always communicating with us really. 

Amazing how the spirits can't communicate clearly.  What's the go to excuse for this?

Go to excuse?? Lol

This is like any other skill that someone works to master over time, you just don't become an expert with it without constantly practicing. Its takes dedication and focus. its like learning a new language, the only difference is, your not just using speech: thoughts, emotions, images, memories, feelings are also all used and all at the same time. It can be very confusing and it needs to be dialed in. That's why there isn't a whole lot of people doing it. Definitely not for the faint of heart. 

9/21/20 3:48 PM
3/11/11
MrSmokalotapotamus -
TheMysticMark -
MrSmokalotapotamus -
TheMysticMark -
MrSmokalotapotamus -
TheMysticMark -
rbl -

Ask my dad what he did with the sewer diagrams for the house.

I'll take a stab at this. I actually saw a fire burning, so I feel like they could have been thrown into a fire - like a wood stove in the house? Are you working on a repair to the system and you are having trouble finding the plans? I definitely feel like something happened where they got destroyed. It's very tough connecting with people here on the OG. In order to read you, I need to make a connection. That can be made in person or via video.

Amazing how none of you can be specific, win the lottery or win the million dollar offer that was put up for any of you to prove you're psychic ability.   

We have all provided specific information, many times. Just about every person that has attended as a guest has been happy with their experience. 

Except when being tested. Weird how those powers just stop working when you could prove it for once and all.

I can assure you most people lack the confidence to go and get tested, just because someone is psychic doesn't mean they should instantly go rush to some place where they are going to be vigorously tested lol most psychics who start out are much more focused in developing their gift. It takes a lot of work and focus. Going to get tested should be for people who have been doing this for a long time and have the appropriate experience or have an incredible amount of ability.  

So out of the thousands of psychics not one can give a clear answer or pass a test?  Interesting.  

Yes, so very Interesting...

What you do you want me to say? Lol I didn't become interested in this stuff to go get tested,  but one day maybe I will get tested? Its definitely not a priority for me though. Also, I can honestly say I'm not ready for that yet.  But when I am, I will absolutely consider taking one.

The test doesn't prove that psychics and mediums exist or if this is real. This stuff has been around a long time and will continue to be here long after we are gone.