OtherGround Forums Is a pizza business not like the EASIEST...

6 days ago
6/14/19
freaking business all time to make money at? Lease some little shithole in the wall. Spend what, a couple thousand, on a pizza oven. Buy some dough, tomato sauce or pizza sauce or whatever, some cheese, a few toppings. What are you down, still well under like $5k or something?

Then, you pump out pizzas that you sell for $7.99 or $11.99 or $17.99 or some shit where the ingredients only cost you like $1.99 or some weak amount like that. Lets just say your mean profit is $8 a pizza (probably on the low side). Just sell 100 of those a day, 7 days a week, and you are making $291,200 a year in profit. Less your rent of a few hundred or whatever a month? Let's just round down and call it a cool quarter of a million of a year.

For most people, that is BANK. Why doesn't everyone do this? Seems like even the dumbest of the dumb among us could do it. I mean, maybe not EVERYONE, maybe not total dum dums that put weird shit like cheddar cheese or pineapples on the pizza, no one wants to buy that dumb shit, but for everyone else it just seems like shooting fish in a barral...
6 days ago
12/12/12

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. 

6 days ago
11/16/17

I've worked in tons of restaurants and hole in the walls. You'd be insanely surprised how much work is to be done and keeping food cost down is truly make or break the business.

6 days ago
6/14/19
Squirrel, Blue Belt - 

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. 

I'm not so sure, I think people are just lazy for the most part...
6 days ago
6/14/19
Thebonfirexm - 

I've worked in tons of restaurants and hole in the walls. You'd be insanely surprised how much work is to be done and keeping food cost down is truly make or break the business.

Sure, order from the cheapest supplier, don't waste shit, take uneaten pizza crust and put it back through the chain so it is used in part to make the new crust, I get all that. Gotta be frugal for sure, can't be a spendthrift loser just pissing money away right and left...
6 days ago
11/16/17
JuevosConSal -
Thebonfirexm - 

Sure, order from the cheapest supplier, don't waste shit, take uneaten pizza crust and put it back through the chain so it is used in part to make the new crust, I get all that. Gotta be frugal for sure, can't be a spendthrift loser just pissing money away right and left...

Have you ever cooked anything?

Edited: 6 days ago
9/8/02
"your rent of a few hundred or whatever a month?"

You can't even get a storage unit for that these days. Business licenses? Employees? Regulations? Insurance? Advertisement? Website? Phone? Electric?

that 8.00 profit on pizza just got cut down to like 1 dollar.
6 days ago
1/13/11
Thebonfirexm -
JuevosConSal -
Thebonfirexm - 

Have you ever cooked anything?

Bro, do you even twicebaked pizza???  Who doesn’t ask for it well-done????

6 days ago
1/1/01

Is this homeslice?  Such fucking bullshit

6 days ago
1/1/01

You better have a prime location to get the lunch crowd, otherwise good luck going against the chain restaurants in the cheap pizza delivery game, or the more established and more expensive quality pizza places.

6 days ago
11/16/17
mglaw -

Is this homeslice?  Such fucking bullshit

His place would be called "a slice of home" world famous snail pizza with a bike tire as the crust 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Tardslice is calling Gritty out.
Edited: 6 days ago
4/5/07

Dude, I never thought of that!  I'm super pumped for your grand opening, let me know when I can come watch you get rich!

Once you have some pizza money, have you thought of day trading?  All you have to do is buy low and sell high.  Unlimited money bro! 

6 days ago
1/1/01

I've worked at many chains. Op is completely correct and not a 100% faggot ass obvious troll.

6 days ago
6/26/06

Wanna see a bill for just cheese?

6 days ago
11/16/17
Girly -

Been waiting for you man......

Preach!!!!!

6 days ago
1/1/01

Dont forget all the ranch dressing you need to buy!

6 days ago
11/1/15
Girly -

Yeah but how much do you spend on ranch dressing?

6 days ago
1/1/01

A buddy of mine owns several businesses, one of which is a successful restaurant.  He opened a brick oven pizza joint a few years ago.  The profit margin is pretty big and he did well for the first 6 months.  But after that he just broke even for a year and finally closed it down. 

6 days ago
1/13/11
Girly -

He has no idea about the huge increase in cost for Mozza......... 

yeah, as a matter of fact please do show the class the cost for that white gubmint cheese you use. 

6 days ago
11/16/17
Soup and Beer -

A buddy of mine owns several businesses, one of which is a successful restaurant.  He opened a brick oven pizza joint a few years ago.  The profit margin is pretty big and he did well for the first 6 months.  But after that he just broke even for a year and finally closed it down. 

I have a hole in the wall I can throw a rock to. Food was awesome for a while. Then it started getting really bad. Steak and cheese turned to awful horrible crap. Bacon turned to awful dog treats. All the food went to shit.

Last time I went in a few years ago I actually asked what happened. Vendors went up and they cant compete with like pizza hut and shit.only thing keeping them open was the community college literally across the street.

It's still open but wow is it bad.

6 days ago
3/9/12
Girly -

Was about to post, "Lofl, where's Gritty?" 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Thebonfirexm -
Soup and Beer -

I have a hole in the wall I can throw a rock to. Food was awesome for a while. Then it started getting really bad. Steak and cheese turned to awful horrible crap. Bacon turned to awful dog treats. All the food went to shit.

Last time I went in a few years ago I actually asked what happened. Vendors went up and they cant compete with like pizza hut and shit.only thing keeping them open was the community college literally across the street.

It's still open but wow is it bad.

Ironically, his pizzas started out mediocre. Then then they got it down and the pizzas improved dramatically. But for whatever reason it wasn't enough to bring people through the door.  All new restaurants around here initially get a waiting line regardless of the quality.  But you gotta blow them away to keep them coming back.

6 days ago
1/19/12
JuevosConSal - freaking business all time to make money at? Lease some little shithole in the wall. Spend what, a couple thousand, on a pizza oven. Buy some dough, tomato sauce or pizza sauce or whatever, some cheese, a few toppings. What are you down, still well under like $5k or something?

Then, you pump out pizzas that you sell for $7.99 or $11.99 or $17.99 or some shit where the ingredients only cost you like $1.99 or some weak amount like that. Lets just say your mean profit is $8 a pizza (probably on the low side). Just sell 100 of those a day, 7 days a week, and you are making $291,200 a year in profit. Less your rent of a few hundred or whatever a month? Let's just round down and call it a cool quarter of a million of a year.

For most people, that is BANK. Why doesn't everyone do this? Seems like even the dumbest of the dumb among us could do it. I mean, maybe not EVERYONE, maybe not total dum dums that put weird shit like cheddar cheese or pineapples on the pizza, no one wants to buy that dumb shit, but for everyone else it just seems like shooting fish in a barral...

100 pizzas a day on average for a non-chain place? Yeah, good luck with that. Your weekends will nowhere near balance out the fact you will be getting fuck all business Mon-Wed.

6 days ago
9/13/06
scab1 - Tardslice is calling Gritty out.

My first thought too.  Could you imagine the atrocities that anchovies would face as a species of this guy started a pizza place?