OtherGround Forums Is it going down in louisville next week?

9/20/20 10:22 PM
7/29/13

The rumor is that the da is going to not push for charges against the officers in the breonna taylor case. They are supposed to say something about it next week. It could be true because they just happened to close the courts all next week and they have 2000 national guard stationed outside louisville right now for "drills". Has anyone heard anything about this?

9/20/20 10:24 PM
4/27/14
MojoSoDope - 

The rumor is that the da is going to not push for charges against the officers in the breonna taylor case. They are supposed to say something about it next week. It could be true because they just happened to close the courts all next week and they have 2000 national guard stationed outside louisville right now for "drills". Has anyone heard anything about this?

I've heard they're boarding up the courthouse and PD precinct stations.

Edited: 9/20/20 10:28 PM
3/21/12
They should just announce all these cases at the same time. The floyd, taylor, and whatever is the latest outrage.
9/20/20 10:31 PM
7/29/13
The Stewed Owl -
MojoSoDope - 

Yes and they have told local businesses to board up and get ready. 

9/20/20 10:36 PM
4/9/16

Rooftop rednecks vs BLM.  I'd pay big money to watch this if it happens. 

9/20/20 10:56 PM
6/3/03

I hope they announce it on the same day announces his next SCOTUS pick. The meltdowns would be epic. 

9/20/20 10:59 PM
1/1/01

There is nothing to charge them with. 

9/20/20 10:59 PM
4/27/14
Nitecrawler - 

I hope they announce it on the same day announces his next SCOTUS pick. The meltdowns would be epic. 

heh.

9/20/20 11:01 PM
7/29/13
wizbang -

Tell that to blm. They want murder charges and will not be happy if they don't get it. 

9/20/20 11:02 PM
3/23/06

In

9/20/20 11:32 PM
11/10/18
The Stewed Owl -
MojoSoDope - 

True

9/20/20 11:45 PM
1/14/07
MojoSoDope -
wizbang -

Tell that to blm. They want murder charges and will not be happy if they don't get it. 

They wouldn't be happy even if they did get it.

Their end game has nothing to do with "justice". They just want white people to stop existing imo. 

9/21/20 1:07 AM
2/20/09
wizbang -

Agreed.  But as already stated, it won’t matter.

9/21/20 1:58 AM
3/23/06

Black Lives Matter Activist Wearing ‘Justice for Breonna Taylor’ Shirt Walked into a Louisville Bar and Murdered Three People

Edited: 9/21/20 2:08 AM
4/13/12
Nitecrawler -

not sure why you'd want to see this.  fact of the matter is, it sounds like the LEOs in the floyd and taylor cases may not have broken the law and trump has the right to pick a scotus judge....and will very possibly win in november.  if all of these things happen, it's going to be a very ugly year for this country just or not.

9/21/20 2:14 AM
1/1/01

Time for the police to stand up to these savages. Bring out the tear gas and water cannons early and often.

Edited: 9/21/20 2:16 AM
8/31/10

Haven't followed, but isn't she an innocent lady that was killed in her own home? Shot through the window or something, wasn't she? I must be missing something if so many people in this thread are saying the cops did nothing wrong.

9/21/20 2:41 AM
2/4/06
sgotwalks -

Haven't followed, but isn't she an innocent lady that was killed in her own home? Shot through the window or something, wasn't she? I must be missing something if so many people in this thread are saying the cops did nothing wrong.

I still don't like the overall execution of the warrant, and I'm really ok with the civil settlement her family received. Charges I'm not really sure of unless ballistics proves the fired cop shot her, but I doubt he dis but...

I was originally taken in by the media's portrayal also. Totally innocent girl Scout EMT that had her apartment raided on a bad warrant due to an ex boyfriend being a drug dealer. Usually there is at least one detail that sticks out that makes you go "Hmmmm", but this one seemed pretty clear cut.

When details of the full investigation came out it was totally different. Her house has a search warrant executed on it because there was a shit load of direct photo, video and wiretap evidence of her working directly with her ex's drug ring... Everything from bailing out his drug dealers to delivering drugs and money. She was included in the investigation when the body of a drug dealer was found in the trunk of a car that she had rented. 

The only cop fired did indeed shoot from the parking lot. He even struck another apartment. The right wing media seems to be getting the knocking fact wrong because the cops claimed to have knocked and announced. The neighbors couldn't confirm it and the only time "knocking" is mentioned specifically is when they knocked the door off the hinges. 

In the end, rather they changed their mind on knock and announce or not, it was issued as a no knock warrant, there wasn't anything in the house (supposedly after the shooting the house wasn't even searched, but not sure.). They busted a front door down, and was fired upon by a legal gun fired by an innocent person, but everything said about Taylor was a lie. She hadn't even been an EMT in many years. It's a case that's hard to call. I'll never get on board with someone deserving to be killed by cops for crimes they've committed. I won't make a criminal a candidate to be canonized, either.

9/21/20 2:43 AM
2/25/09
sgotwalks -

Her genius bf decided to shoot at the cops, who predictably shot back and she took it in the crossfire. So racism for sure. 

9/21/20 2:54 AM
2/4/06
Slap Johnson -
sgotwalks -

Her genius bf decided to shoot at the cops, who predictably shot back and she took it in the crossfire. So racism for sure. 

Her boyfriend was a legal gun owner that didn't have a reason to excpect cop raiding the place. If it happens at my house it may be the same situation. How about the dumbass girlfriend didn't expect a cop raid after like 3 years of drug activity and went walking down the hall toward the door?

9/21/20 3:32 AM
8/31/10
Ebony -
sgotwalks -

I still don't like the overall execution of the warrant, and I'm really ok with the civil settlement her family received. Charges I'm not really sure of unless ballistics proves the fired cop shot her, but I doubt he dis but...

I was originally taken in by the media's portrayal also. Totally innocent girl Scout EMT that had her apartment raided on a bad warrant due to an ex boyfriend being a drug dealer. Usually there is at least one detail that sticks out that makes you go "Hmmmm", but this one seemed pretty clear cut.

When details of the full investigation came out it was totally different. Her house has a search warrant executed on it because there was a shit load of direct photo, video and wiretap evidence of her working directly with her ex's drug ring... Everything from bailing out his drug dealers to delivering drugs and money. She was included in the investigation when the body of a drug dealer was found in the trunk of a car that she had rented. 

The only cop fired did indeed shoot from the parking lot. He even struck another apartment. The right wing media seems to be getting the knocking fact wrong because the cops claimed to have knocked and announced. The neighbors couldn't confirm it and the only time "knocking" is mentioned specifically is when they knocked the door off the hinges. 

In the end, rather they changed their mind on knock and announce or not, it was issued as a no knock warrant, there wasn't anything in the house (supposedly after the shooting the house wasn't even searched, but not sure.). They busted a front door down, and was fired upon by a legal gun fired by an innocent person, but everything said about Taylor was a lie. She hadn't even been an EMT in many years. It's a case that's hard to call. I'll never get on board with someone deserving to be killed by cops for crimes they've committed. I won't make a criminal a candidate to be canonized, either.

WOW!!!

That's a whole lot of twists and turns in what appears to be a crazy story from all sides. I had no idea that there was all of these extra layers to this story, but now I can see why things could get heated in Louisville in the coming days or weeks.

Also, I know you gave me shit in the other thread, but I respected the way you went about it. Each of your responses has been really well written, and I appreciate the time and energy you've put in. This was a great post, and I'll give you all I can for it, a motherfuckin vote up!

9/21/20 3:40 AM
2/20/09
Ebony -
sgotwalks -

Good post.

9/21/20 3:43 AM
1/10/13
sgotwalks -
Ebony -
sgotwalks -

WOW!!!

That's a whole lot of twists and turns in what appears to be a crazy story from all sides. I had no idea that there was all of these extra layers to this story, but now I can see why things could get heated in Louisville in the coming days or weeks.

Also, I know you gave me shit in the other thread, but I respected the way you went about it. Each of your responses has been really well written, and I appreciate the time and energy you've put in. This was a great post, and I'll give you all I can for it, a motherfuckin vote up!

Wow, a real discussion and exchange took place? Nice to see. 

9/21/20 3:51 AM
2/4/06
sgotwalks -
Ebony -
sgotwalks -

WOW!!!

Like I said in the other post... If I don't know I want to know more. That being said it's valuable to this place to have trustworthy and down the middle explanations of things so I try to be one. It can save hundreds of people trying to wade through sources. Never feel like you can't ask, even though you can't ask a lot of posters here... But feel free to ask. ;)

9/21/20 4:56 AM
4/1/11