OtherGround Forums Is the run on guns and ammo on?

Edited: 24 days ago
1/9/02

I have 1000 of .22 lr and about 700 7.62x39mm

25 days ago
5/2/02
ABCTT_SENNIN -
nottheface -

Seems like a weird thing to stock up on.  It’s a pandemic, not a zombie apocalypse.   What’s the plan?  Defend against those who might steal your toilet paper?   

Have ammo, but no need to stock up.  

After the multiple posts on here and comments by people I know who's emergency plan was 'I'll just rob my neighbors when I have to', it seemed prudent. 

Well, prudent to not be empty, sure.  And yes, I’m saying this as someone who has probably 7,000 rounds of ammo in the house.  But realistically having three loaded mags per gun is going to be more than enough to stop a threat.  

25 days ago
6/3/18
cfochs -

I've got a glock and a few hunting rifles.  If I was looking to spend $500 - $1,000 on another firearm.  What would you fellas recommend?  I'm leaning towards another pistol, but I know AR's are popular too.  

AR

25 days ago
6/15/19
ABCTT_SENNIN - 
nottheface -

Seems like a weird thing to stock up on.  It’s a pandemic, not a zombie apocalypse.   What’s the plan?  Defend against those who might steal your toilet paper?   

After the multiple posts on here and comments by people I know who's emergency plan was 'I'll just rob my neighbors when I have to', it seemed prudent. 

haha exactly.

you never know what's going to happen. There could be at least localized instances of a wrol scenario. probably not, but not impossible either.
25 days ago
2/24/13
cfochs -

I've got a glock and a few hunting rifles.  If I was looking to spend $500 - $1,000 on another firearm.  What would you fellas recommend?  I'm leaning towards another pistol, but I know AR's are popular too.  

I would look at an AR or maybe a Ruger PC Carbine if your glock is a 9mm or a .40

25 days ago
1/1/01
I have a couple thousand rounds of 9mm, but they're full metal jacket which is good for target shooting but over penetrate for self defense. I only have about 200 rounds of 9mm defense ammo. I think I need to double up on the defense ammo and continue to buy FMJ Ammo for practice.
25 days ago
12/2/02
chad_mcjangle -
ABCTT_SENNIN - 
nottheface -

haha exactly.

you never know what's going to happen. There could be at least localized instances of a wrol scenario. probably not, but not impossible either.

Just seeing what people do over toilet paper makes me wary of what they will do if store shelves are empty for a couple of weeks. 

im not much concerned with the virus, but crazy people? Yes. 

25 days ago
12/2/02
Pencil Neck - I have a couple thousand rounds of 9mm, but they're full metal jacket which is good for target shooting but over penetrate for self defense. I only have about 200 rounds of 9mm defense ammo. I think I need to double up on the defense ammo and continue to buy FMJ Ammo for practice.

I also have too much fmj 

25 days ago
1/1/01
I went too late. I have exactly 20 rounds of 9mm.
25 days ago
1/1/01
Stupidnewbie -

If you stay ready, you never have to get ready.

That's a good start

25 days ago
12/2/05

I ordered 3000 rounds of 762 and 9mm the other day. Hopefully it's on the way 

25 days ago
12/2/05
sparkyman -
Pencil Neck - I have a couple thousand rounds of 9mm, but they're full metal jacket which is good for target shooting but over penetrate for self defense. I only have about 200 rounds of 9mm defense ammo. I think I need to double up on the defense ammo and continue to buy FMJ Ammo for practice.

I also have too much fmj 

Eh it still kills people. 

25 days ago
1/3/18

I’m a bit low on ammo. While all the dummies were lined up around Costco for TP, I went to my local academy. Grabbed the last 5 boxes of 20ga John Wicks and a box of 9mil hornadays

25 days ago
12/30/10
sparkyman -

I also have too much fmj 

Obviously you're going to carry jacketed hollow points for self defense, both in your guns and all extra mags. But if shit hits the fan, and you've run out  of your SD ammo, I dont think you're going to care whether or not you're shooting ball ammo in a self defense scenario.

25 days ago
1/7/09

Odd.  Figured all the nuts were already loaded up.

25 days ago
2/19/12
jscorbett - 
Stupidnewbie -

That's a good start

lol, I thought the same thing

25 days ago
1/1/01

just did an inventory. 900 rounds of 9MM, 2000+ rounds of .22, 200 rounds of .38 and hundred+ miscalleneous 12 gauge shells....

25 days ago
1/1/01

Anyone stocking up on Tannerite?   Could be helpful in the apocalypse.  

25 days ago
12/30/10

Around 3000 22lr, 700 9mm, 125 38sp,  125 12 gauge bird. Feel like I need more tho.

25 days ago
1/1/01
Cire - 

Anyone stocking up on Tannerite?   Could be helpful in the apocalypse.  

My g/f's son has a bunch.

I have about 400 rounds of 9mm, 1,000 of 5.56

Need to get .45 ACP

Probably going to do a bulk buy on a bunch of the above with friends/family.

Debating right now if I do my AR pistol build, buy one, or buy something else. G/f and I are in the process of getting our CCW's and she's going to need something. She's a grocery manager and has had people threaten her when she's on her break or walking to her car because she won't let them exceed the limit on shit like TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer, etc.

I'm going to be unable to walk for 2 months because of surgery. Want something smaller to keep with me while I'm laid up and working from my couch

There's rumors of people that are stocking up on TP getting robbed when they come home from the store, but those are mostly taking place in the ghetto areas around here.

25 days ago
12/6/11

I went yesterday to help my cousin buy a gun and it was packed with people purchasing new guns and bunch of ammo.  My house is prepped with plenty of weapons and bullets. And in case we have to silently hunt, we have bow and arrows, and fishing rods just in case

Edited: 25 days ago
11/9/10

I had to pick up a restock after going to the range with buddies last weekend. When I got to academy yesterday the gun counter was packed. And not much ammo left. 

25 days ago
3/16/06
ghost of KVR -
jscorbett - 
Stupidnewbie -

That's a good start

lol, I thought the same thing

If things get silly, there's always the Conex box at work...

25 days ago
10/25/06

Just fucking steal it next time. They will be too busy to chase you and the cops will never come after you for 40 bucks worth of ammo.

25 days ago
5/2/02
10eroftheyear -
sparkyman -

I also have too much fmj 

Obviously you're going to carry jacketed hollow points for self defense, both in your guns and all extra mags. But if shit hits the fan, and you've run out  of your SD ammo, I dont think you're going to care whether or not you're shooting ball ammo in a self defense scenario.

If things have gotten so bad that I’ve had to shoot all 500 or so rounds of 9mm SD ammo I have, and by some miracle no one has killed my ass by then, I’m not going to stress about shooting them will ball ammo.   

I own strictly handguns though.  So I’m not exactly set up for war fighting.