OtherGround Forums Israel Caught Spying On Trump In Washington

3 days ago
10/17/08

https://gizmodo.com/israel-allegedly-installed-stingray-devices-around-d-c-1838061036

Israel was allegedly behind the Stingray spy devices discovered around Washington, D.C. in 2017, according to an explosive new report from Politico, which notes that they were primarily intended to spy on President Donald Trump and his associates. The Israeli government denies the charge, but Politico’s sources include at least three unnamed former U.S. officials who “served in top intelligence and national security posts.”

The U.S. government acknowledged in early 2018 that the Department of Homeland Security found illicit Stingrays near the White House and across other locations in Washington, but at that time no one knew who had planted the espionage devices. Stingrays are briefcase-sized electronics that spy on cellphones by mimicking cell towers, tricking smartphones into giving the Stingray installer a lot of information. Some Stingrays can even intercept calls by forcing the call onto 2G, which is unencrypted.

3 days ago
10/17/08

The Trump regime has reportedly not done anything about the alleged espionage on American soil, though it’s believed that U.S. intelligence agencies are routinely spying on the Israeli government as well.

From Politico:

One former senior intelligence official noted that after the FBI and other agencies concluded that the Israelis were most likely responsible for the devices, the Trump administration took no action to punish or even privately scold the Israeli government.

“The reaction ... was very different than it would have been in the last administration,” this person said. “With the current administration, there are a different set of calculations in regard to addressing this.”

3 days ago
10/17/08

Stingrays, also known as IMSI catchers because they identify devices by International Mobile Subscriber Identity, are controversial as a law enforcement tool. Local police and federal authorities sometimes use Stingrays to track down suspects, though the legality of their use is still in question and agencies are reluctant to talk about them openly. U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) used a Stingray device in Michigan to find and deport an undocumented immigrant, though ICE tries to deny that it uses Stingrays at all. 

The IRS even owns some Stingrays, according to documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in 2015, though it’s not clear if the tax agency has ever deployed them. It’d almost be reassuring if the IRS, rather than Israel, had deployed the Stingray devices near the White House, given President Trump’s likely tax fraud on numerous occasions.

Trump has previously refused to use secure landline communications channels for a number of his phone calls, instead preferring his smartphones, which probably means that Israel, along with every intelligence service on the planet, is listening in on the president’s conversations. Former White House chief of staff John Kelly had his phone hacked, but he appears to have been smart enough to do something about it after the vulnerability was discovered. Trump, arguably the dumbest president the U.S. has ever had, would no doubt be unable to recognize the danger.

3 days ago
11/11/14

Oi vey

3 days ago
10/15/13

That takes reall chutzpah!

Image result for meshuggeneh gif

3 days ago
12/26/05

In

3 days ago
5/22/05
Will probably use the intel to shake down Congress for an extra billion a year.
3 days ago
5/16/10

Wow crazy  ...... Still isn't nothing compared to obtaining FISA warrants with fake opposition research

3 days ago
1/2/15

Watch pro Israel people not know how to handle this info

I predict "everyone spies on each other! We should continue to socialize Israel's military with American tax money"

3 days ago
1/1/01
We spy and hack other countries so it's no big deal if they do it to us - 85% of the OG during the election
3 days ago
2/7/09
Josh - We spy and hack other countries so it's no big deal if they do it to us - 85% of the OG during the election

I wouldn't say no big deal, but it's fairly well known that most industrial nations and even corporations use various methods of "spying".

So acknowledging that, are you not more concerned that our intelligence agencies are used to investigate political enemies of those non elected officials in charge?

3 days ago
1/2/15
alkysmurf -
Josh - We spy and hack other countries so it's no big deal if they do it to us - 85% of the OG during the election

I wouldn't say no big deal, but it's fairly well known that most industrial nations and even corporations use various methods of "spying".

So acknowledging that, are you not more concerned that our intelligence agencies are used to investigate political enemies of those non elected officials in charge?

Why can't you be concerned with both? 

3 days ago
6/13/09

Spying is pretty common.

What concerns me a lot more is the Israelis plan to annex a large part of the West Bank. That would be morally wrong and have disastrous consequences.

Edited: 3 days ago
1/1/01
Josh - We spy and hack other countries so it's no big deal if they do it to us - 85% of the OG during the election

It is a big deal.  But as others have said, since every country spies on every other country, it would be silly to start a war over it or even break relations.  The most you can hope for in this age of mass spying is to be the very best at it.  And apparently we are.

3 days ago
9/30/18
Calling Israel our greatest ally is like cherishing that wart on your ass.
3 days ago
1/2/15
Soup and Beer -
Josh - We spy and hack other countries so it's no big deal if they do it to us - 85% of the OG during the election

It is a big deal.  But as others have said, since every country spies on every other country, it would be silly to start a war over it or even break relations.  The most you can hope for in this age of mass spying is to be the very best at it.  And apparently we are.

So let's not giving them money since they spy on us. 

I'm ok with stopping it all 

Edited: 3 days ago
8/1/13

The report is from Politico. Probability of this being fake news....100%

3 days ago
1/1/01
Junnk - 
Soup and Beer -

I'm for stopping their influence in Washington, but I'm sure there are a myriad of geopolitical benefits the U.S. gets from our relations.  It's probably a lot more complex than either of us could imagine.

3 days ago
1/2/15
Soup and Beer -
Junnk - 
Soup and Beer -

I'm for stopping their influence in Washington, but I'm sure there are a myriad of geopolitical benefits the U.S. gets from our relations.  It's probably a lot more complex than either of us could imagine.

Not just Israel either. All the welfare queens in the middle East 

I doubt we get 3bn worth out of Israel

most likely our corrupt anti American-American-pro isrsel politicians love to give away our money 

3 days ago
11/10/18

I’m shocked. It’s almost like they have an asset in the whitehouse, kushner. 

3 days ago
3/3/18
camicom -

The report is from Politico. Probability of this being fake news....100%

Lol

And then when it's confirmed by everybody else..."who cares, we all spy on each other!"

3 days ago
3/3/18

Careful with this topic btw...wouldn't want you to be called an anti-semite for pointing out the fact that Israel plants bugs in the White House, spends millions buying influence with our politicians, all while getting billions of dollars in aid from us. 

3 days ago
8/20/08

Wouldn't blame them, Trump swivels like a top on major decisions , anyone would want to keep on top of his switching.

3 days ago
6/6/02
Everybody spies on everybody.
3 days ago
6/3/09