OtherGround Forums Items that destroy your swag

7/29/19 10:45 AM
1/18/12

Or for the fags who will take issue with the word swag......items that make you look like a dork with no style.

In this thread list and post any items that instantly make you judge the owner as a hapless geek\ pussy boy.

I'll start with the obvious

-knee length or longer basketball or cargo shorts.  (Let em go boys, you look like a hood booger or some dad that gave up because he hates his wife)

- cell phone belt clips ( never looked cool ever)

- bicycles and bicycle gear.   I know you think lance armstrong is cool but you are fat and the micro brewery isnt the place to rest or recover from your ride.  You stink and are in spandex.

- miatas.   Jesus dude, just no.

- bootcut jeans.

Lululemon clothes...... Bruh....nike and adidas both make running shorts and dri fit tops, buy a mans brand.

UNDER ARMOUR CLOTHING.     Omg dudes please chill.     Nothing says "my swag is in the negative " harder than an under armour polo shirt.  Dudes are really out here thinking a spiderman spandex longsleeve is a good look in public too.   

Guys doing the " cargo shorts with flip flops and hawaiian shirts" look?     Jeeeeeesssuuuss. 

7/29/19 10:48 AM
1/1/01

Perfectly manacured facial hair, especially beard.

I mean, come on, even women knows you arent a real man, but maybe they want to see how far they can go the other way.

7/29/19 10:59 AM
1/18/12
dangerboy12 -

Perfectly manacured facial hair, especially beard.

I mean, come on, even women knows you arent a real man, but maybe they want to see how far they can go the other way.

Dude ...this × 100000.

I went to jakarta for a basketball game once.  

My boy loved getting black guy haircuts and lineups.  When we were out there, he was constantly getting blown kisses by "ladyboys".

He kept asking why?

It took "the air up there" himself to tell my homie

"Dog, you look way too cute with that perfect beard line up"  i burst out laughing as i worked construction at the time and had already told him he was too white for that crisp a line.

7/29/19 11:05 AM
7/21/19

a shark tooth necklace

7/29/19 11:06 AM
12/26/05

For anybody over the age of 25, and/or anybody more than 5 lbs of extra fat.

Skinny jeans.

These things are designed for slender young gay men, and fit young women. 

They don't look good on you.  You look like a douche.  Stop.

7/29/19 11:07 AM
7/25/08
Cargo shorts are super convenient.

You are probably in your 20's.

There will come a point in time where you go "you know what? IDGAF what other people think about how I look".

Shortly thereafter, your happiness will increase quite a bit.

You don't believe this now. When this happens, you will remember people telling you this, and nod ruefully.

It's part of getting wiser, and there's no point in trying to convince you, but we old folks like to tell you, because it makes us laugh to remember when people tried to tell us :)
7/29/19 11:08 AM
1/18/12

Whoa...theres a vote down.

Someone must have pr'd in their batman shirt or drove a par 4 in one with a cool grey/hot orange ua polo, yesterday.

You still look like a twat

7/29/19 11:10 AM
1/18/12
Slowshot - Cargo shorts are super convenient.

There will come a point in time where you go "you know what? IDGAF what other people think about how I look".

You don't believe this now. When this happens, you will remember people telling you this, and nod ruefully.

It's part of getting wiser, and there's no point in trying to convince you, but we old folks like to tell you, because it makes us laugh to remember when people tried to tell us :)

Im 40 and know when to let go of shit that makes me look like a has been.

This isnt a convenience thread for dads....its a thread making fun of them

7/29/19 11:11 AM
7/25/08
Forrest Spliffn - 

Im 40 and know when to let go of shit that makes me look like a has been.

This isnt a convenience thread for dads....its a thread making fun of them

:) You'll get there.
7/29/19 11:11 AM
1/18/12

Giving up on your appearance may make you happier through laziness but your woman lusts for other men and you are disrespecting her

7/29/19 11:13 AM
7/21/19

Spread collar dress shirt worn without a tie

Goatees

Fedoras

Vibram Five Fingers *I wear these when hiking and whatnot, but I realize they look completely ridiculous.

Jewelry other than 1 ring, a watch and a macaroni/bead bracelet your kid made you

1/1/01

4/13/12

Not caring how you look is part of giving up.

7/29/19 11:14 AM
1/1/01

7/29/19 11:20 AM
2/5/06
What's worse is stealing other posters schticks, nothing makes you come across more desperate.

You're not Zned or Uhtred and this has been done before many times.
7/29/19 11:20 AM
7/25/08
EFM - 

Not caring how you look is part of giving up.

Looking how you like is not the same as not caring how you look :)

I look good. I take care of myself physically, I have a nice haircut that I like, and I wear clothes that I like, that look good on me, and that feel good on me.

What I couldn't care less about is what some other dude thinks about how I look :)

Cargo shorts look good on me, they feel good on me, I like them.

The fact that some random dude (or any number of random dudes) feels otherwise couldn't matter less to me :)

That's what OP is missing; he will be far happier when he stops worrying about what other people wear, and what other people think about what he wears.

It'll happen for him (hopefully) :)
7/29/19 11:21 AM
7/25/08
DaveFu - 

One of the best dudes I ever knew loved fanny packs, and he was the definition of a man's man.

RIP, Rock.
7/29/19 11:22 AM
1/1/01
Slowshot - 
DaveFu - 

One of the best dudes I ever knew loved fanny packs, and he was the definition of a man's man.

RIP, Rock.

Dave was not a "swag" guy. 

Except when he was a Kirk Cameron cosplayer. 

7/29/19 11:26 AM
7/25/08
DaveFu - 
Slowshot - 
DaveFu - 

RIP, Rock.

Dave was not a "swag" guy. 

Except when he was a Kirk Cameron cosplayer. 

...Valid.
Edited: 7/29/19 11:27 AM
7/26/07

- cell phone belt clips ( never looked cool ever)

absolutely this.

The dorkiest accessory to ever dork it up.

Usually paired with dads that wear jean shorts with belts, and stark white new balance sneakers

Wearing a cell phone belt clip is hte modern version of wearing a pocket protector

7/29/19 11:34 AM
7/26/07
Although OP, if you wear any of the stuff in your list, you probably never had swag to begin with
Edited: 7/29/19 11:44 AM
1/1/01

I got some.

It doesn't matter how nice your clothing might be... if you don't pull up your pants you look like a child with absent parents.

Baseball hats with sunglasses resting on the brim.

Wearing a Buetooth ear piece when you aren't on the phone.

Cut off jean shorts with the pockets hanging out. It  looks sloppy when girls do this. It looks like a cry for help when guys do it.

7/29/19 11:47 AM
1/1/01
bicycles and bicycle gear. I know you think lance armstrong is cool but you are fat and the micro brewery isnt the place to rest or recover from your ride. You stink and are in spandex.

Been a serious cyclist since i was 15 (now 41), there is a very good reason cycling clothing is the way it is, makes a huge difference in comfort, etc. when on long rides.

That being said I agree 100% with this, nobody wants to see your pudgy middle aged ass in spandex because you and your group felt like stopping at the coffee shop or micro brewery....pick one or the other
7/29/19 11:56 AM
11/14/10

Sporty/dry fit/“performance” polo shirts. They all fit way too big and the cut is attorcious. Only football coaches can pull them off.

Wearing cologne and scented deodorant at the same time makes you smell like shit and kills all swag.

Using a carabiner for your keychain

Edited: 7/29/19 12:06 PM
4/6/12

The only people who prefer shorts above the knees are frat boys and faggots.

I'll bet you're gonna tell me next that only real men wear pink