OtherGround Forums Items that destroy your swag

7/29/19 2:15 PM
7/9/10
Forrest Spliffn -
Smellde Gluve -
stuvelo - bicycles and bicycle gear. I know you think lance armstrong is cool but you are fat and the micro brewery isnt the place to rest or recover from your ride. You stink and are in spandex.

Been a serious cyclist since i was 15 (now 41), there is a very good reason cycling clothing is the way it is, makes a huge difference in comfort, etc. when on long rides.

That being said I agree 100% with this, nobody wants to see your pudgy middle aged ass in spandex because you and your group felt like stopping at the coffee shop or micro brewery....pick one or the other

If riding a bicycle takes away your cool you didn't have any to begin with.

Fair enough but no one ever looked cooler by showing up on a pedal bike.

"Hold on while i disassemble and lock this frame to a pole" doesnt exactly wet up the pussy

Not that action in itself but you show up with 100% confidence she'll pay attention to you and your air of invincibility and not even see the bike locking procedure.

7/29/19 2:17 PM
1/1/01
Forrest Spliffn -
Smellde Gluve -
stuvelo - bicycles and bicycle gear. I know you think lance armstrong is cool but you are fat and the micro brewery isnt the place to rest or recover from your ride. You stink and are in spandex.

Been a serious cyclist since i was 15 (now 41), there is a very good reason cycling clothing is the way it is, makes a huge difference in comfort, etc. when on long rides.

That being said I agree 100% with this, nobody wants to see your pudgy middle aged ass in spandex because you and your group felt like stopping at the coffee shop or micro brewery....pick one or the other

If riding a bicycle takes away your cool you didn't have any to begin with.

Fair enough but no one ever looked cooler by showing up on a pedal bike.

"Hold on while i disassemble and lock this frame to a pole" doesnt exactly wet up the pussy

I bet it works on Puck Moonen, and if it's good enough for her...

7/29/19 2:20 PM
11/20/14

I used to have a sweet Virago.  Red and white, dual exhaust chrome pipes, chrome engine guards with foot pegs, custom seat.  ... a sweet ride.

I'm in a helmet required state at the time.

I'm riding around one day with no where particular to go.  Just cruising around enjoying the weather.

Gotta admit...  I'm feeling pretty proud of my bike and I've got a little swagger in me.  Why not.  

Now, I'm not a big guy by any means.  Let's just say I'm under 5 '8,  I mention this because it's important for the next part of the story.

As I'm riding around feeling so happy with myself and thinking how cool I must look on this sweet ride, I come to a stop at a red light and while I'm sitting there, I turn and see myself in a big picure window and am shocked to see that I look like Kazoo from the Flintsones with a small body and a huge fucking DOT approved helmet sitting on top.   Boy did that kill the buzz that day.  

7/29/19 2:21 PM
1/18/12

Yeah i guess vegan pussy would be impressed maybe but now we are talking "fringe lifestyle vs swag"

7/29/19 2:23 PM
1/18/12
naevehane -

I used to have a sweet Virago.  Red and white, dual exhaust chrome pipes, chrome engine guards with foot pegs, custom seat.  ... a sweet ride.

I'm riding around one day with no where particular to go.  Just cruising around enjoying the weather.

Gotta admit...  I'm feeling pretty proud of my bike and I've got a little swagger in me.  Why not.  

Now, I'm not a big guy by any means.  Let's just say I'm under 5 '8,  I mention this because it's important for the next part of the story.

As I'm riding around feeling so happy with myself and thinking how cool I must look on this sweet ride, I come to a stop at a red light and while I'm sitting there, I turn and see myself in a big picure window and am shocked to see that I look like Kazoo from the Flintsones with a small body and a huge fucking DOT approved helmet sitting on top.   Boy did that kill the buzz that day.  

You had a swag epiphany that day.

All praises to based god

7/29/19 2:24 PM
11/17/10

Lol

I dont triggered over theeads like this if they list something i wear (oakleys)

I get that WHITE oakleys or those blade type oakleys are LOL worthy....but what about all the other oakley models that look normal

What other brands of sunglasses ar "cool"?  maui jim? Ray bans ?  costa?

I have the oakley turbines which are plain all black sunglasses, the most basic type...are those considered gay as well

7/29/19 2:26 PM
5/14/08

"In this thread list and post any items that instantly make you judge the owner as a hapless geek\ pussy boy."

-You have no "swag" if you think like this. 

7/29/19 2:26 PM
1/18/12

Ive made my share of swag mistakes.

The point is to try to learn from them as you grow.  

7/29/19 2:28 PM
1/18/12
Submissable -

"In this thread list and post any items that instantly make you judge the owner as a hapless geek\ pussy boy."

This isnt the uptight/ no sense of humor/ turkey breath thread......so moonwalk your tribal tatts up on out of here, if you dont like it.

7/29/19 2:30 PM
5/14/08
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -

This isnt the uptight/ no sense of humor/ turkey breath thread......so moonwalk your tribal tatts up on out of here, if you dont like it.

Youre again proving my point. "Swag" as you like to call it isnt a material or fashion based thing. Its a way you carry yourself as well. You very obviously dont have it.

7/29/19 2:30 PM
2/23/05

7/29/19 2:33 PM
1/18/12

Swagless tatts=

Tribal

Only god can judge me

Praying rosary hands.

Old english names

Logos.

Oh and "Family"     wtf? Who doesnt like family?  

Basic bitch shit

Edited: 7/29/19 2:38 PM
11/20/14
Smellde Gluve -
KirkBJJ -

I’m 43 and have been with my wife for 20 years... I stay in shape and try to look good for her and while some of these things are true, older guys who try to keep up with all the younger trendy stuff is even more embarrassing to me. I’m basic... nice tshirt that fits well and shorts or jeans that are nice and fit well. I’m from Hawaii and live in AZ so I wear normal warm weather type stuff. Being fit is the real key to keeping a little “swag” as you get older. 

Confidence is everything. As long as you're fit enough to not be fat you're golden if you got that.

Confidence is everything but natural charm/swag sure helps.

I had a friend who, from our early days was the group lady killer.  He always had at least two "girl friends" at all times including up until he died this year (in our 40s').   

In our 20's he owned a bar/restaurant.  Sometimes, he would meet us out but be wearing a white t-shirt stained and smelling like the kitchen.  He also chewed copenhagen at that time.   

I have watched him on more than one occassion walk up and start talking to chic's while wearing that shirt, and with chew dribble on his chin and still score the hottest chics there.   To top it off, when they asked what he did for a living, he told them he washed dishes so they wouldn't be scoping his cash status.   Mind you, these weren't dive bars.  These weren't Live PD bar skanks.   Once he had a guy from his bar with with him and the guy watched as my friend approached some hot chicks.  Guy immediately starts hating and saying all kinds of shit about how he's going to get embarrased.  I told him just to shut up and watch and hope he brings back some stragglers.  Sure enough my friend comes back with the chick to hang and chat for a while.  I don't remember if he banged her that night but if it wasn't her, I can guarantee you it was another one just like her.

It didn't hurt that he was a good looking dude but he wasn't Brad Pitt.   Confidence can be everything. Natural swagger doesn't hurt.

7/29/19 2:39 PM
1/18/12
Submissable -
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -

Youre again proving my point. "Swag" as you like to call it isnt a material or fashion based thing. Its a way you carry yourself as well. You very obviously dont have it.

Bruh...this dude is really in here splitting hairs over the definition of garbage slang, defending swags good name.

You may think you have the aura to out swag camo cargos, dirty shoes and hurley but trust me, you dont

7/29/19 2:42 PM
5/14/08
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -

Bruh...this dude is really in here splitting hairs over the definition of garbage slang, defending swags good name.

You may think you have the aura to out swag camo cargos, dirty shoes and hurley but trust me, you dont

Im just using a word you want to use but cant live up to. Its ok, us real men dont judge you for caring what another man wears. We just realize you arent what you claim to be. But we dont gossip about it like someone who is "swagless" would do.

7/29/19 2:42 PM
1/18/12
naevehane -
Smellde Gluve -
KirkBJJ -

I’m 43 and have been with my wife for 20 years... I stay in shape and try to look good for her and while some of these things are true, older guys who try to keep up with all the younger trendy stuff is even more embarrassing to me. I’m basic... nice tshirt that fits well and shorts or jeans that are nice and fit well. I’m from Hawaii and live in AZ so I wear normal warm weather type stuff. Being fit is the real key to keeping a little “swag” as you get older. 

Confidence is everything. As long as you're fit enough to not be fat you're golden if you got that.

Confidence is everything but natural charm/swag sure helps.

I had a friend who, from our early days was the group lady killer.  He always had at least two "girl friends" at all times including up until he died this year (in our 40s').   

In our 20's he owned a bar/restaurant.  Sometimes, he would meet us out but be wearing a white t-shirt stained and smelling like the kitchen.  He also chewed copenhagen at that time.   

I have watched him on more than one occassion walk up and start talking to chic's while wearing that shirt, and with chew dribble on his chin and still score the hottest chics there.   To top it off, when they asked what he did for a living, he told them he washed dishes so they wouldn't be scoping his cash status.   Mind you, these weren't dive bars.  These weren't Live PD bar skanks.   Once he had a guy from his bar with with him and the guy watched as my friend approached some hot chicks.  Guy immediately starts hating and saying all kinds of shit about how he's going to get embarrased.  I told him just to shut up and watch and hope he brings back some stragglers.  Sure enough my friend comes back with the chick to hang and chat for a while.  I don't remember if he banged her that night but if it wasn't her, I can guarantee you it was another one just like her.

It didn't hurt that he was a good looking dude but he wasn't Brad Pitt.   Confidence can be everything. Natural swagger doesn't hurt.

Again tho

Take identical twins with perfect swag.

Give one modern cut clothing

Give the other cargos, a and e and some birkenstocks.....

Modern twin will catch more pussy everytime.

Material Swag can be combo'd with fitness and responsibility.   People just like giving up

7/29/19 2:43 PM
7/29/13
naevehane -

Virago 1100 was my first bike

7/29/19 2:45 PM
9/24/07

Okay, I get it now. This is one one those "incel" dudes we read so much about telling the other children how they should dress for school so the girls in class might notice them. 

Gotcha. 

Carry on, children. One day you'll learn it doesn't matter what other people think about your clothes or shoes. 

7/29/19 2:47 PM
11/20/14
Forrest Spliffn -

Swagless tatts=

Tribal

Only god can judge me

Praying rosary hands.

Old english names

Logos.

Oh and "Family"     wtf? Who doesnt like family?  

Basic bitch shit

Never understood people getting their own name tats.   Are they afraid of forgetting it?

It's like morons who put stickers, hood and windshield banners that say "MUSTANG" all over their Mustang cars..
No shit.    .. and it might have been a decent one at that until you put all the redundant iterations of it's name on it.  

The only acceptable instance of this behaviour is for any Mustang from 1980-1990.  Those were hardly recognizable as Mustangs and as such, needed to remind people that it was indeed a Mustang.  Why anyone bought one I couldn't say. 

Any car that has it's name plastered in stupid graphics or medalions all over it is a swagger-less car.  (and I'm not even a car guy) 

7/29/19 2:47 PM
6/27/02
In Limbo -

Lol

I get that WHITE oakleys or those blade type oakleys are LOL worthy....but what about all the other oakley models that look normal

I have the oakley turbines which are plain all black sunglasses, the most basic type...are those considered gay as well

I wear Oakleys... even the blade kind sometimes at a baseball game or golfing. We’re a baseball family so it’s completely appropriate in those environments with a hat. But that’s a sub-culture I guess... you’re almost a dork if you don’t. 

7/29/19 2:48 PM
1/18/12
Submissable -
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -

Im just using a word you want to use but cant live up to. Its ok, us real men dont judge you for caring what another man wears. We just realize you arent what you claim to be. But we dont gossip about it like someone who is "swagless" would do.

If you can find a post of me claiming to be anything......at all, id be shocked. Especially in this thread.    I didnt claim expertise.  This shit is all opinion.

You however claim to be a real man

Who just so happens to jump into a swagger conversation, on a monday morning, to brow beat strangers , over the definition of hood slang.

Yeah bro, that is classic manly behavior.

Perhaps re evaluate your swag

7/29/19 2:49 PM
11/20/14
MojoSoDope -
naevehane -

Virago 1100 was my first bike

Sweet wasn't it.   Mine only weighed a little over 500lbs.  Rode with the ease of an enduro.  I sold it a few years back.  I wasn't riding it much.   When I moved to FL riding got real boring.  Yeah  you can go out any time but it's all flat and straight for the most part.     I'm originally from NE PA.   If you've ever been around that area or similar for riding then you know what I'm talking about.

7/29/19 2:52 PM
1/18/12
b.d. -

Okay, I get it now. This is one one those "incel" dudes we read so much about telling the other children how they should dress for school so the girls in class might notice them. 

Gotcha. 

Carry on, children. One day you'll learn it doesn't matter what other people think about your clothes or shoes. 

Id put a binions million that my woman smokes whatever you got there tube socks.

7/29/19 2:55 PM
11/17/10
KirkBJJ -
In Limbo -

Lol

I wear Oakleys... even the blade kind sometimes at a baseball game or golfing. We’re a baseball family so it’s completely appropriate in those environments with a hat. But that’s a sub-culture I guess... you’re almost a dork if you don’t. 

yeah baseball and fishing for me...my dad rocks the blades for golf

They are awesome glasses functionally but just not my style

7/29/19 2:56 PM
5/14/08
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -
Forrest Spliffn - 
Submissable -

If you can find a post of me claiming to be anything......at all, id be shocked. Especially in this thread.    I didnt claim expertise.  This shit is all opinion.

You however claim to be a real man

Who just so happens to jump into a swagger conversation, on a monday morning, to brow beat strangers , over the definition of hood slang.

Yeah bro, that is classic manly behavior.

Perhaps re evaluate your swag

Brow beat? The definition is the definition. It doesnt make me less manly to point out the definition of the word. But telling other men they are "pussy boys" for what they wear while trying to sound hip with the word "swag" is very obviously not manly. But now youre coming off like a woman. Again, you probably shouldnt be giving advice to other men on how to correctly showcase their "swag". You dont have it.