OtherGround Forums Ivanka Engineering the Trump Assault Weapons Ban

4 days ago
12/2/02
sewich - 

I don't think anyone would consider the Ruger mini 14 as a assault rifle yet it's basically the same thing as a AR except it has a wood stock instead of scary black plastic.  

I love my mini 14 RR :)

4 days ago
12/2/02

BTW, it sounds like Ivanka just wants to see if there is some way to look at the current legislation and try to get people to make some common sense changes.

I don't see anything about a 'ban' on anything.

4 days ago
6/13/03
TexDeuce -

This thread was a dinner bell to radicals from all sides

Just another stallwart thread

4 days ago
12/17/06
TexDeuce -

This thread was a dinner bell to radicals from all sides

Is there something radical about not wanting to see further restrictions on constitutional rights?

4 days ago
3/28/10

Trump said during a debate that he was in favor of gun control. Everyone on both sides pretended it didn’t happen. 

4 days ago
1/1/01
saglv -

I don't see any reference to an assault weapons ban in the article.

There isn't one. The steaming pile of garbage that is the OP made it up. 

4 days ago
12/10/18
camicom -

LOL.You are quoting RicK Wilson? Really? He hasn't been right about a single thing in about 10 years. He debases himself daily on TV.

It will never happen. I will be happy to wager screen names for whoever wants to do it, or a legitimate exodus.

Thats right, am willing to wager OG existance with anyone who has the balls to believe this is going to happen.

I know it wont happen because leftists are cowards.

Easy there big fella. You seem a little wound up. 

What exactly are you proposing for a wager? You don't seem to have any terms listed. 

4 days ago
1/1/01
Trust -

I just drove from south Florida to the upper peninsula of Michigan and back (along slightly different routes).  I was counting signs for gun shops along the way and lost track around 100 somewhere in Kentucky, going north.  

I don't think city folk realize what is really going on out in "flyover" country with regard to guns.  They are nearly as popular as McDonald's.

The AR-15 is indeed a gun in widespread usage.  Well, at least commonly owned.  

This is very true. There is a HUGE disconnect between urban filth and country folk. I am not talking about ghetto dwellers who live in section 8 housing either. I am talking about the snotty, nose in the air upper westside types as well. Neither group understands the real world outside of their little bubbles. 

They think that meat magically grows on the store shelves. Both groups engage in Anthropomorphism, instead of recognizing that people have dominon over animals, and animals are to be used by humans. Both groups rely on nanny government and want the government to handle their problems. 

Folks out in the country think differently. 

4 days ago
10/10/06
Altofsky -
Mr Spliff -
Altofsky -
androb -
Nitecrawler -
camicom -
Ill Portents -
RdotC - This will be the ultimate MAGA test.

Trump or Hardline 2A

Trump has also now publicly said that Chris Cuomo's outburst of profanity at being called Fredo would ban him from owning guns under Red Flag laws that Trump wants.

See, and this is the slippery slope that can occur with these shit/subjective laws. 

I’ve posted some pretty spirited rants on social media concerning a wide variety of topics (job, traffic, politics, kids etc). Could those be pointed to by a judge to say that I may have impulse control or anger issues and should not own a firearm?

Scary law that can be totally abused imo. 

I agree with this. 

Lol how soon before some dem like orcus gets a list of nra supporters and makes anonymous phone calls about everyone that is a member making threatening statements or having violent tendencies. 

100%.

All you gotta do is look at how readily people are diagnosed with BPD. It's not a mental illness. It's called being human. People have rough patches. Everyone I've ever known has at some point exhibited "symptoms" of it. It's called life.

And that's a suggested disqualifier for a constitutional right? They can piss right off with that.

Damn, I hope people read this post and consider the level of ignorance of the average person posting on this board. 

How about explaining your position?

My position on if BPD is a mental illness?? I guess it would seem obvious, but I’m of the same position as every leading research organization in the world specializing in mental illness.

Not trying to debate or convince you of anything. Just hoping to bring to the attention of other posters that might somehow value the opinions of someone that would post such uninformed and ignorant “ideas.”

4 days ago
12/17/06
Mr Spliff -
Altofsky -
Mr Spliff -
Altofsky -
androb -
Nitecrawler -
camicom -
Ill Portents -

Trump or Hardline 2A

Trump has also now publicly said that Chris Cuomo's outburst of profanity at being called Fredo would ban him from owning guns under Red Flag laws that Trump wants.

See, and this is the slippery slope that can occur with these shit/subjective laws. 

I’ve posted some pretty spirited rants on social media concerning a wide variety of topics (job, traffic, politics, kids etc). Could those be pointed to by a judge to say that I may have impulse control or anger issues and should not own a firearm?

I agree with this. 

Lol how soon before some dem like orcus gets a list of nra supporters and makes anonymous phone calls about everyone that is a member making threatening statements or having violent tendencies. 

100%.

All you gotta do is look at how readily people are diagnosed with BPD. It's not a mental illness. It's called being human. People have rough patches. Everyone I've ever known has at some point exhibited "symptoms" of it. It's called life.

And that's a suggested disqualifier for a constitutional right? They can piss right off with that.

Damn, I hope people read this post and consider the level of ignorance of the average person posting on this board. 

My position on if BPD is a mental illness?? I guess it would seem obvious, but I’m of the same position as every leading research organization in the world specializing in mental illness.

Not trying to debate or convince you of anything. Just hoping to bring to the attention of other posters that might somehow value the opinions of someone that would post such uninformed and ignorant “ideas.”

Thank you for clearly illustrating the problem. While you may think you are helping your cause, you are not.

4 days ago
4/27/18
JimmersonzGlove - The red flag stuff is pretty sketchy for sure. This is what happens when you elect someone with no core beliefs.

yea no shit. Trump sure is a fucking disappointment.

But at least he aint hillary.

and much fucking worse is the new democratic candidates. trumps a fucking idiot but looks like the second coming of christ compared to those jerkoffs

4 days ago
4/27/18
sewich -
kingofpancakes80 -

I know you guys have discussed this a million times, but what exactly is an assault rifle? Isn't everything(most) semi automatic? What wouild be the difference between a rifle that looks like a machine gun, and a hand gun? Don't they both fire at a similar rate?

If it's black

Black = more dangerous.

racist

4 days ago
4/27/18
Mr Spliff -
Altofsky -
Mr Spliff -
Altofsky -
androb -
Nitecrawler -
camicom -
Ill Portents -

Trump or Hardline 2A

I agree with this. 

100%.

"mental illness"  labels are incredibly abused and most are complete bullshit. Most if not all the drugs prescribed are dangerous and ineffective.

Its a sham and a shame that it continues in this country.

Im sure you are medicated and will fight to the end to prove how right you are to pop them pills. Good luck with that.

4 days ago
6/18/19
I wanna engineer an assault on Ivanka's @$$..
4 days ago
7/26/12

Wait so a common sense solution is now NOT a slippery slope?

4 days ago
12/17/06
Res ipsa loquitar -

It is indeed a slippery slope. Think astroglide on a tarp.

4 days ago
1/9/19
RdotC - Wow...

Never thought Id see the day some of you guys would pick Trump over the 2nd Amendment.

the Trumptatorship is going to UNIFY L/RwingNUTS!

Edited: 4 days ago
10/25/05
kingofpancakes80 -

I know you guys have discussed this a million times, but what exactly is an assault rifle? Isn't everything(most) semi automatic? What wouild be the difference between a rifle that looks like a machine gun, and a hand gun? Don't they both fire at a similar rate?

It doesn't even matter that it's a bullshit term. At this point the majority of the population believes that an assault rifle looks scary and is way more dangerous than everything else. If this is true, this is what you Trump morons get for having no problem with him letting his kids be a part of his administration. 

4 days ago
12/26/05

I did not vote for Trump the first time.  I was flirting with voting for him in this upcoming election simply because I utterly despise what the DNC has become over the past decade.

He starts fucking with the second ammendment, and that's a big fat no fucking way.

3 days ago
3/18/12
RdotC - This will be the ultimate MAGA test.

Trump or Hardline 2A

2A gonna win, I hope

3 days ago
1/1/01

Trump would have no qualms about selling out the 2nd Amendment if there’s something in it for him. 

Edited: 3 days ago
5/9/10
RdotC - Wow...

Never thought Id see the day some of you guys would pick Trump over the 2nd Amendment.

As opposed to?

The other side wants all the guns.  Pick a side.

How fucking hard is it to understand?

Thought crime, no guns, open boarders and free everything or anything else.

I'm wondering if I'll ever see the day people stop using dumbass statements like that.  Everyone is still going to be saying no and using facts and logic to fight this in court.

3 days ago
12/17/06
CavemanDave -

I did not vote for Trump the first time.  I was flirting with voting for him in this upcoming election simply because I utterly despise what the DNC has become over the past decade.

He starts fucking with the second ammendment, and that's a big fat no fucking way.

He already did with the bumpstock ban. I absolutely hate the idea of making any concessions but I made peace with that as it was basically giving up a useless tool that only serves to make for shitty grouping to shut the pearl-clutchers up. But as always, it's never enough with those Everytown cunts.

Any further restrictions outside of background checks and he loses my vote. 

3 days ago
1/1/01
Altofsky -
CavemanDave -

He already did with the bumpstock ban. I absolutely hate the idea of making any concessions but I made peace with that as it was basically giving up a useless tool that only serves to make for shitty grouping to shut the pearl-clutchers up. But as always, it's never enough with those Everytown cunts.

Any further restrictions outside of background checks and he loses my vote. 

i agree with what you are saying, but what is the alternative? he pushes more laws we are all voting for tulsi?

they are all gun grabbers on the left and pushing crazy shit on top of it. i would love to take my vote elsewhere if he backs some goofy "red flar law", but where?

3 days ago
6/30/07
Res ipsa loquitar -

There is plenty of precedent