OtherGround Forums I've Microdosed LSD - AMA

14 days ago
1/1/01

To be more accurate - I've tried microdosing on LSD analogues (AL-ALD & 1P-LSD primarily)

They're a bit different than regular acid, but for the purposes of microdosing they're just as good. 

(The high on them is a little different if you take a full tab - not quite as visual or "laugh at everything" as regular acid)

14 days ago
12/6/14

I wish I could find some acid. Could use an ego reset. I've considered buying off the dark web but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

14 days ago
7/5/13

What did/does it do for you? I don’t know much about this so maybe a brief synopsis of what the hopeful effect will be, please. 

14 days ago
1/1/01
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 

I wish I could find some acid. Could use an ego reset. I've considered buying off the dark web but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Acid doesn't seem to be much for ego death (even the regular stuff). Honestly - the best trips I've had where it was a dramatic re-set of the brain were all Shroom trips. 

I haven't done a lot of drugs, but I've tried most about half a dozen times or so. Coke, ecstacy, weed, speed, shrooms, acid, DMT (not quite successfully though - I had an issue inhaling properly because I don't smoke) -- and honestly psychedellics are the only ones I'd ever do again. 

I found cocaine to be annoying - it feels GREAT for a brief period of time and then...you sort of need to do more. The come down feels like shit and your burned out AND it's expensive. I'd pick speed over coke any day because it's inexpensive, lasts a LOT longer, and the burnout doesn't seem to be as bad. Still - I don't feel the need to do any of those other drugs again.

Shrooms should be easy enough to get though - and if you want acid and are happy with one of the analogues I mention, they should be easier to get (one of the reasons I tried them)

Edited: 14 days ago
7/24/16
DropKick Joe -

What did/does it do for you? I don’t know much about this so maybe a brief synopsis of what the hopeful effect will be, please. 

I've done acid once and it was on accident. When I was was 21 we took some ecstacy that was laced with LSD. It was an amazing drug experience, but not one I'd ever knowingly repeat. I too am curious as to the benefits as well as the negatives associated with micro dosing LSD.

14 days ago
9/29/13

In

14 days ago
1/1/01
DropKick Joe - 

Basically everything gets very subtly bumped up a tiny amount. That might not seem like a big deal - but a few percentage points boost to energy, enthusiasm, happiness, etc makes a HUGE difference to your day. Particularly because it's consistent. It's not jittery energy like caffeine, but a subtle energy that lasts for at least 8 hours. DON'T take it close to bedtime though as you'll have a really hard time sleeping. Early in the day, have a productive day, and have an amazing sleep at night.

It seems I'm relatively sensitive to the stuff so 1/16th is good enough as a microdose level. Some people need as much as a 1/4 or 1/2 to get their desired effect but 1/16th for me was perfect. When I was microdosing I would do it 3 days a week with at least a day in between. This prevented any tolerance being built up.

One of the most amazing feelings is working out on the stuff. When you have a good workout your body naturally releases endorphins and something happens when you combine that with the added subtle boost of a bit of acid. Honestly - I felt better than I did on any other illicit drug (including coke or E) but it was a lot cleaner, tapered off very slowly, zero come down, and didn't have any of the associated issues like needing to talk all the time.

In my experience the best times microdosing seem to be when you're being productive, creating, or just engaging in good habits like exercise. 

14 days ago
9/14/03
Are you sure it actually LSD? Seems like it's always chinese research chemicals I run across anymore. Has a different energy.
14 days ago
10/6/15

How are you dosing ? Cutting or Volumetric ?

14 days ago
1/1/01

One of the coolest things about the whole microdosing experiment is that after a while you just sort of... stop.

I wouldn't recommend doing microdosing as a way to fuel long running abuses of your body (either over-work, partying like an animal etc.). It works best if you're just trying to get the most out of your day. 

There are articles about microdosing and how it's popular among a lot of programmers and stock market traders and from what I can see there isn't too much with respect to dangers.

Because I'm okay doing 1/16th three times a week - one tab will keep me good for a month. 

With respect to my comment about how you just stop - what happens is that your good habits ALSO feel better and are easier to maintain, you then continue them and it becomes the habits themselves which form a positive feedback loop. I decided to take a break from microdosing and more or less felt the same for months afterward.

It was like the chemicals and pathways were already there in your brain but needed to be used in the right way to get things going - and microdosing was like a set of training wheels to help you on your way. After a while you don't need the training wheels any longer and things just feel better on their own. 

And because of how acid is metabolized, there is absolutely zero trace of it in your system in less than a week. The positive feelings you have after are a product of your habits and your brain.

14 days ago
1/1/01
Fury2Feed - Are you sure it actually LSD? Seems like it's always chinese research chemicals I run across anymore. Has a different energy.

As I mentioned in the first post - they're LSD analogues (1P-LSD or AL-LAD) 

I'm not sure about the reference to chinese research chemicals. When I was trying this out I had a reliable source who would just get me tabs.

You can take a full tab (or two) to get the proper high (instead of microdosing) - but the high is different than the traditional acid high. Less visuals generally (but they're still there) and more of a "headspace" sort of feeling.

14 days ago
1/1/01
AlxinTO - 

How are you dosing ? Cutting or Volumetric ?

I would get the acid in tabs and just use an x-acto knife on a completely dry, totally flat surface and just cut the tab into pieces. I would take the absolutely tiny square of paper and put it under my tongue and wait a bit before swallowing. 

It was weird to see such effects on such a vanishingly small amount of substance.

14 days ago
9/14/03
robert bentley - 
Fury2Feed - Are you sure it actually LSD? Seems like it's always chinese research chemicals I run across anymore. Has a different energy.

I'm not sure about the reference to chinese research chemicals. When I was trying this out I had a reliable source who would just get me tabs.

You can take a full tab (or two) to get the proper high (instead of microdosing) - but the high is different than the traditional acid high. Less visuals generally (but they're still there) and more of a "headspace" sort of feeling.

Most of the stuff around is from Chinese labs, I think. It's called 2C-I. Feels about the same...but not quite as it isn't LSD-25. Ive heard, not sure, that all of the real LSD-25 chemists have been busted so there is no more real stuff. I'm sure there is, but not for us small folks.
14 days ago
1/1/01
Fury2Feed - 
robert bentley - 

Most of the stuff around is from Chinese labs, I think. It's called 2C-I. Feels about the same...but not quite as it isn't LSD-25. Ive heard, not sure, that all of the real LSD-25 chemists have been busted so there is no more real stuff. I'm sure there is, but not for us small folks.

I'd be interested in finding some of the old stuff again. The last time I tried it was when I was 19 years old and after that I haven't been able to find any (in 25years!). But those analogues I mention are easy enough to get a hold of.

I haven't microdosed in a long time but might try it again at some point in the future (not sure). The whole experience was definitely rewarding and beneficial - but as I mentioned above, it seems I more or less have many of the same benefits without having to take it.

There really should be research on this (proper clinical trials) because dramatic changes could be possible with nothing more than a few tabs spread out over months. But maybe I just answered my own question there - if it's something that can have dramatic positive benefit, doesn't breed dependancy (sort of the opposite), and it can be done very cheaply.... there's probably a good reason it's not being researched.

14 days ago
5/14/13
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

I wouldn't, but your choice.

14 days ago
1/1/01
The Pendulum - 
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

Why not? Some of my best trips (on Shrooms mind you) have been absolutely terrifying.

That's one of the things I like most about psychedellics - they are experiences, not just something to make you feel good (like coke, heroin, or E etc.) Sometimes those experiences are blissful and weird, sometimes they're terrifying, ego-death, and weird ... but I've always felt great the next day with a lot of material to think about.

I've never found acid scary at all.

14 days ago
1/1/01

Real acid has been hard to find for a LONG time. I've seen some other shit passed off as LSD and even asked around for it over the years but always the same results after being told "Yeah no problem, I can get that!" Nothing.

I lived in TX back when that guy at UT was making it and selling sheets for $100. Those were the days! Too bad he got busted.
14 days ago
1/1/01
White347LX - 

Real acid has been hard to find for a LONG time. I've seen some other shit passed off as LSD and even asked around for it over the years but always the same results after being told "Yeah no problem, I can get that!" Nothing.

I lived in TX back when that guy at UT was making it and selling sheets for $100. Those were the days! Too bad he got busted.

Yeah - I haven't seen real acid in decades but luckily for microdosing purposes those analogues I mention do just fine.

I did acid twice - the last time was in 1995 before my big move to England.

It was such an incredible trip where all I did was party, laugh my ass completely off, and stare at random shit because it was moving/melting whatever. Visuals were crazy, but the whole vibe was just straightfowardly happy (not too much into your own head)

It was microdot the first trip, tab the second. Haven't seen any since.

14 days ago
9/14/03
The 90s were glorious. I started back when the Dead were still touring and my guy would go to the shows and buy a stack of sheets and sell it dirt cheap. Ridiculous. It was magical. Seems like after 2000 it was never the same. It's still 'tripping' but something is off.
14 days ago
12/6/14
The Pendulum -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

I've done it 10s of times easily. Haven't in a couple years though. 

14 days ago
1/1/01
Fury2Feed - The 90s were glorious. I started back when the Dead were still touring and my guy would go to the shows and buy a stack of sheets and sell it dirt cheap. Ridiculous. It was magical. Seems like after 2000 it was never the same. It's still 'tripping' but something is off.

I think the big problem was how acid was classified. If you were caught with acid it was considered as serious as being caught with cocaine - so the legal risk to it was (totally irrationally) on the same level as crack - which is total bullshit.

But you were looking at spending 5 or 10$ max for a hit that would give you an amazing trip for anywhere from 5-10 hours. 

Basically - it just isn't (and wasn't) worth the risk for such a small pay off. If you wanted to make money as a drug dealer you're going to pick something more lucrative. Sell coke at $100/gram and even if it's just one guy and a couple of hookers they'll need more than one gram and might even call you back after a couple of hours for more.

14 days ago
5/15/15
robert bentley -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 

Acid doesn't seem to be much for ego death (even the regular stuff). Honestly - the best trips I've had where it was a dramatic re-set of the brain were all Shroom trips. 

I haven't done a lot of drugs, but I've tried most about half a dozen times or so. Coke, ecstacy, weed, speed, shrooms, acid, DMT (not quite successfully though - I had an issue inhaling properly because I don't smoke) -- and honestly psychedellics are the only ones I'd ever do again. 

I found cocaine to be annoying - it feels GREAT for a brief period of time and then...you sort of need to do more. The come down feels like shit and your burned out AND it's expensive. I'd pick speed over coke any day because it's inexpensive, lasts a LOT longer, and the burnout doesn't seem to be as bad. Still - I don't feel the need to do any of those other drugs again.

Shrooms should be easy enough to get though - and if you want acid and are happy with one of the analogues I mention, they should be easier to get (one of the reasons I tried them)

Weird... I've always said I prefer speed to coke and my mates think its just a money thing...

14 days ago
1/1/01
moogin83 - 
robert bentley -
JiuJitsuHeyZeus - 

Weird... I've always said I prefer speed to coke and my mates think its just a money thing...

Coke has to be one of the most overrated drugs of all time.  

14 days ago
7/15/11

In. It’s been interesting to me but on the shroom side. You don’t build a tolerance at such low levels?

14 days ago
1/1/01
Matrix - 

In. It’s been interesting to me but on the shroom side. You don’t build a tolerance at such low levels?

I don't think so. I think it's more how frequently you do it than anything else (as opposed to amount).

When I was microdosing I would do it three days per week (mon, wed, fri morning) and then take one week off per month. 

I know you're supposed to be able to microdose with shrooms but I'd find that really hard to control. With tabs you're pretty sure about dose level because you'll get the same level of active ingredient per tab.

Shrooms depends on batch and what part of the shroom. Controlling for that at low quantities would be difficult. I prefer Shrooms for the major (and potentially difficult) trips -- you can err on the side of too much and just have a crazier trip.

If you take too little (for microdosing purposes) you're not going to feel it, if you take too much you're more likely to be disoriented. Not fully high - but out of it enough that you've sabotaged the main purpose of the microdose.