OtherGround Forums I’ve never met a pit bull owner that was smart

2/3/20 11:45 AM
1/27/20

Some of them are nice people who mean well but are quite brainless . The vast majority of them have had multiple failed relationships/ marriages and don't want to work full time hours

2/3/20 11:46 AM
8/22/08

LOL. Hi KKM!!

2/3/20 11:50 AM
12/25/13

Astute observation. 

2/3/20 11:53 AM
1/9/02

ive found this to be true 100% of the time

its the only stereotype thats been true every time.......that and the one about pollocks

2/3/20 11:53 AM
11/1/19

Get a pitbull.

Get divorced!

2/3/20 12:20 PM
11/17/10

vtfu

2/3/20 12:20 PM
1/27/20

They also drive shitty vehicles

2/3/20 12:22 PM
1/27/20

And they smoke indoors 

2/3/20 12:24 PM
1/1/01

You haven't met enough hippies with PHDs and rescues. Tons in CA. 

2/3/20 12:25 PM
1/1/01

They all just watch WSHH videos and post them on the OG! 

2/3/20 12:41 PM
6/29/09

Lot of people think the dog buys them strength, respect, and/or credibility. Drug dealers in da ghetto used to think they would help "protect" the crack house or prevent a detention or arrest. Lot o doggies got got because of owners lack of intelligence.

2/3/20 12:42 PM
1/1/01
Damien8003 - LOL. Hi KKM!!

Nailed it.

OP - What's your regular screen name?
2/3/20 12:43 PM
10/21/10
billyball2 -

Nailed it.

Ummm.... six late hammerfists 

2/3/20 12:46 PM
12/23/08

It's crazy how people will post a pic of their huge slobbering pitbull and someone will seriously refer to it as a beautiful looking "pup."

2/3/20 12:49 PM
11/17/10
multiculturaljoseph -

You haven't met enough hippies with PHDs and rescues. Tons in CA. 

The "normal" pit owners are arguably worse than neck tatt pit owners, bc normie pit owners make it their life mission to prove to the publichow great pits are.

They will take their pits everywhere around lots of people to prove their point.  A big groupof normie pit owners meets up for a huge pit walk at a local park by me.  Everyone parading around,  hoping people will notice them and their pit

At least neck tatt pit owners let everyone know their dog is somesort of badass

2/3/20 1:04 PM
1/27/20
billyball2 -

Nailed it.

6 Late Hammerfists

2/3/20 1:06 PM
1/27/20

Can't they just be slaughtered for the meat? You could really turn a pit bull genocide into something that could help humanity. Along with the countless saved lives from no more attacks you could feed villages in Africa the pit bull meat

2/3/20 1:08 PM
10/17/15

Yep, I couldn't agree more. I have never once met a pit bull owner that is successful or even has there shit together. 

2/3/20 1:10 PM
5/13/05

I know business owners, wharton graduates and graduate level educated people with pit bulls.

2/3/20 1:15 PM
1/27/20
cyberc92 -

I know business owners, wharton graduates and graduate level educated people with pit bulls.

Heroic idiots, all of them

2/3/20 1:19 PM
5/20/19

Pitbulls are super nice dogs when they are nice. Kind of like lions are nice until they aren't. 

2/3/20 1:51 PM
1/9/02
Seven Late Hammerfists -

Can't they just be slaughtered for the meat? You could really turn a pit bull genocide into something that could help humanity. Along with the countless saved lives from no more attacks you could feed villages in Africa the pit bull meat

I agree

they should be harvested like wild hogs

Edited: 2/3/20 3:27 PM
4/15/14

I adopted what was labeled at the shelter as being a (pit mix) . He's been the sweetest dog since I've got him and he's now 3 1/2 years old. Although mine I have no clue what I have. He has features of Staffordshire and bull dog features from what other dog owners tell me. My mom was the one that told me to get him, when I had suggested if she could give me  my uncle's number who's kept my grandfathers Rottweilers line going after he passed. My mom practically grew up around Rottweilers in Mexico. Instead she directed to me the shelter and said if I really want a dog go the shelter and get a dog that you know will challenge you as a dog owner. Right now I have Charlie which is the dog I got from the shelter and nova a Dalmatian puppy about 8 months. They get along extremely well, I also had a pug that I gave to my mother after my sister moved away. Charlie was probably the best decision I made. When my mom had told me that this would be a challenge she was right , finding a trainer was near impossible, ended spending a week with my uncle in Sacramento and working with Charlie along at the same time with his Rottweilers. The dogs are practically set up for failure they've been ostracized by legislation, trainers , media , shitty owners , owners who are intimidated by there looks and history and other dog owners. I walk him every morning before work and on the weekend I take both my dogs out for either 5 mile walk or 2 hour hike near by . People often get some distance between him , this Saturday I had lady try to introduce her Yorkie to Charlie whiteout asking me and let out a bark but I recognized that is my fault for being tense when small dogs approach him. He's never lunged at another animal except for squirrels can't quite get him to stop yet . But I've put a lot of time and effort into him. It definitely takes some time now because he's older, isn't motivated by treats but rather affection. The only problem I had with him was speration anxiety when I moved into my new place earlier this year. My vet tells me he's probably the best behaved dog he's had , doesn't even whine when going anymore. I think these dogs need a special kind of person have them be successful with all stigma that these dog brings. I really don't have experience with an actual "Pitbull " but there's a lot of places I can't even take him to just because he gets lumped into the group of "pit bull or bully breed ". He's been the first dog i actually got emotional about when that day comes where he's not going to be around. Pitbulls are definitely not for a lot of people. Shit my wife was even comfortable with him until she moved in with me and saw what Charlie was like 24/7. I would never tolerate him actually biting someone or another animal. That being said I would always be cautious of anybody with a large dog and more so with somebody with a bully breed . There's so many shitty people with them , who mistreat them, don't bother excercising them or training them. I have also encountered  a lot of wonderful bully breed owners as well. 

i do agree tho most Pitbull owners are idiots ,not all. Most breeders are idiots that worsen the quality of life of a dog and that most people with dogs don't bother properly exercising or training the dogs. 

2/3/20 3:30 PM
1/27/20
Santros -

I adopted what was labeled at the shelter as being a (pit mix) . He's been the sweetest dog since I've got him and he's now 3 1/2 years old. Although mine I have no clue what I have. He has features of Staffordshire and bull dog features from what other dog owners tell me. My mom was the one that told me to get him, when I had suggested if she could give me  my uncle's number who's kept my grandfathers Rottweilers line going after he passed. My mom practically grew up around Rottweilers in Mexico. Instead she directed to me the shelter and said if I really want a dog go the shelter and get a dog that you know will challenge you as a dog owner. Right now I have Charlie which is the dog I got from the shelter and nova a Dalmatian puppy about 8 months. They get along extremely well, I also had a pug that I gave to my mother after my sister moved away. Charlie was probably the best decision I made. When my mom had told me that this would be a challenge she was right , finding a trainer was near impossible, ended spending a week with my uncle in Sacramento and working with Charlie along at the same time with his Rottweilers. The dogs are practically set up for failure they've been ostracized by legislation, trainers , media , shitty owners , owners who are intimidated by there looks and history and other dog owners. I walk him every morning before work and on the weekend I take both my dogs out for either 5 mile walk or 2 hour hike near by . People often get some distance between him , this Saturday I had lady try to introduce her Yorkie to Charlie whiteout asking me and let out a bark but I recognized that is my fault for being tense when small dogs approach him. He's never lunged at another animal except for squirrels can't quite get him to stop yet . But I've put a lot of time and effort into him. It definitely takes some time now because he's older, isn't motivated by treats but rather affection. The only problem I had with him was speration anxiety when I moved into my new place earlier this year. My vet tells me he's probably the best behaved dog he's had , doesn't even whine when going anymore. I think these dogs need a special kind of person have them be successful with all stigma that these dog brings. I really don't have experience with an actual "Pitbull " but there's a lot of places I can't even take him to just because he gets lumped into the group of "pit bull or bully breed ". He's been the first dog i actually got emotional about when that day comes where he's not going to be around. Pitbulls are definitely not for a lot of people. Shit my wife was even comfortable with him until she moved in with me and saw what Charlie was like 24/7. I would never tolerate him actually biting someone or another animal. That being said I would always be cautious of anybody with a large dog and more so with somebody with a bully breed . There's so many shitty people with them , who mistreat them, don't bother excercising them or training them. I have also encountered  a lot of wonderful bully breed owners as well. 

i do agree tho most Pitbull owners are idiots ,not all. Most breeders are idiots that worsen the quality of life of a dog and that most people with dogs don't bother properly exercising or training the dogs. 

Whatever you say buddy. Your dog sucks!

2/3/20 3:35 PM
4/15/14
Seven Late Hammerfists -
Santros -

Whatever you say buddy. Your dog sucks!

You're entitled to that assumption. But no, he's a wonderful dog.