OtherGround Forums John Jones Arrested Again!!!

14 days ago
9/3/12

Another 20 million lost 

14 days ago
8/31/10

Could this be it for him? He has to be looking t some fairly significant time here.

14 days ago
1/14/07
sgotwalks - 

Could this be it for him? He has to be looking t some fairly significant time here.

We'll see.

Money has a way of reducing accountability.

14 days ago
10/29/10

Jon Jones is literal garbage.

14 days ago
11/8/09

That video is awesome. He sounds like me trying to pretend I’m not drunk to my wife. 

He even has an interlock in his car. Hahaha. What a fricking piece of crap. 

14 days ago
2/23/10
Ok let's not jump to conclusions. I'm sure theres a perfectly reasonable explanation to all of this. Let's wait until the gun smoke settles.
14 days ago
8/28/10

He was never going to fight again because covid anyways

14 days ago
8/28/10

Only picobullets 

Edited: 14 days ago
11/9/05
Chris -

guy is getting an orange jumpsuit. He's a convicted felon and is now charged with two more felonies (DWI and negligient use of a firearm)....although I'm not sure, but can he even possess a firearm with his previous felony conviction?

He's an idiot, but he's not a convicted felon. 

He avoided felony conviction when he met the terms of his probation, and neither of the offenses you listed are felonies by themselves in New Mexico.

DWI isn't a felony in NM unless it's like your 4th charge or your license is suspended, and negligent possession of a deadly weapon is a petty misdemeanor.

Specific circumstances (like proving he was out drunk shooting a gun) could change that though.

7/4/09

Shame, we'll never get to see him be starched by Anthony Johnson at LHW.

14 days ago
1/18/12
RdotC -
sicko - 
RdotC -
jasperb - 

Sauce, details, anything? 

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was arrested by Albuquerque Police early Thursday morning for aggravated DWI as well as negligent use of a firearm.

According to arrest records obtained by MMA Fighting on Thursday, Jones was picked up just past 1 a.m. local time and based on booking information, he's already been released from custody.

Jones was arrested for aggravated DWI (driving while intoxicated) as well as negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container and driving with no proof of insurance.

Calls to Jones' management team for comment were not returned.

According to the criminal complaint first reported by KOAT in Albuquerque, officers responded to gunshots and they found Jones in the driver's seat of his vehicle. He claimed he didn't know anything about the gunshots fired.

Officers noticed that Jones seemed intoxicated and he admitted to officers that he had been driving earlier that night and intended to drive again. Jones submitted to sobriety tests and performed poorly on all of them.

He later took a breathalyzer test and results returned at or above twice the legal limit.

After Jones was arrested, a black handgun was found underneath the driver's seat along with a bottle of Recuerdo behind the passenger's seat.

"As part of the investigation into this incident, our Gun Violence Reduction Unit will test the firearm and bullet casing to determine whether the gun has been used in any crimes," Gilbert Gallegos, communications director for the Albuquerque Police said in a statement sent to MMA Fighting. "Reducing gun violence in Albuquerque is our top priority."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/3/26/21195482/ufc-champion-jon-jones-arrested-for-aggravated-dwi-negligent-use-of-firearm-in-albuquerque?utm_campaign=mmafighting&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Why's it gotta be black? Why can't it just be a handgun, no it has to be a black handgun

Because a white handgun would have been properly registered and revealed to the officer upon being pulled over...

.....I kid.....

This is the level of smoke that the fans want to hear live R dizzle. The darkside energy is present....let it breathe

14 days ago
1/1/01
Argonaut - 

Shame, we'll never get to see him be starched by Anthony Johnson at LHW.

As long as he apologizes and does some community service Dana will let him fight...
14 days ago
1/1/01

He’s an idgit but tbh driving around drunk and shooting at road signs doesn’t seem like as bad an idea as it did a couple of weeks ago. I might be doing the same thing by Easter lol

14 days ago
10/20/07

"admitted to officers that he had been driving earlier that night and intended to drive again"

Some errors are just funnier than others.  This is one.

14 days ago
10/20/07
King Trav -

That video is awesome. He sounds like me trying to pretend I’m not drunk to my wife. 

Which link had a video?  I'm not seeing it on my phone

14 days ago
1/1/01

When the cop ordered him out of the car, do you think he crawled out in a three-point stance? 

1/1/01

In for the usual suspects to say he is still THE BESTEST EVA!11!

14 days ago
4/29/09
itskrisdude -
Chris -

guy is getting an orange jumpsuit. He's a convicted felon and is now charged with two more felonies (DWI and negligient use of a firearm)....although I'm not sure, but can he even possess a firearm with his previous felony conviction?

He avoided felony conviction when he met the terms of his probation, and neither of the offenses you listed are felonies by themselves in New Mexico.

DWI isn't a felony in NM unless it's like your 4th charge or your license is suspended, and negligent possession of a deadly weapon is a petty misdemeanor.

Specific circumstances (like proving he was out drunk shooting a gun) could change that though.

What about discharging a firearm? 

14 days ago
11/9/05
Aaronrodgers=GOAT -
itskrisdude -
Chris -

What about discharging a firearm? 

"A. Negligent use of a deadly weapon consists of: ...
(2) carrying a firearm while under the influ- ence of an intoxicant or narcotic;
(3) endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner; or ...
B. The provisions of Paragraphs (1), (3) and (4) of Subsection A of this section shall not apply to a peace officer or other public employee who is required or authorized by law to carry or use a firearm in the course of his employment and who carries, handles, uses or discharges a firearm while lawfully engaged in carrying out the duties of his office or employment.
C. The exceptions from criminal liability pro- vided for in Subsection B of this section shall not preclude or affect civil liability for the same con- duct.
Whoever commits negligent use of a deadly weapon is guilty of a petty misdemeanor."

14 days ago
2/25/06

I’m laughing so hard right now. Everyone was ready for the rise of Jones. I didn’t think this fuck up could hold his shit together. 

14 days ago
2/15/05
invalid - I think what hurts the most is his lack of social distancing etiquette.

To be fair it says he was alone in the car

14 days ago
6/28/13

Watch them find out that the gun has been used in a crime lol.  

14 days ago
7/15/04
KingFanPaul -

I thought for sure that this was a troll thread when the OP spelled it John. 

Jon Jones is such a fuck up. 

Same. This motherfucker is crazy. 

14 days ago
11/5/19
Slowshot - Holy shit! What the fuck is wrong with this moron?!

Has to be serious substance abuse issues or something. He just can’t control himself.
14 days ago
11/8/09
Festus -
King Trav -

Which link had a video?  I'm not seeing it on my phone

https://www.koat.com/article/mma-fighter-jon-bones-jones-arrested-for-dwi/31942301