OtherGround Forums Joker movie will bring out The crazies

9/25/19 8:45 PM
4/3/08

Your chances are probably 1 in 40k

9/25/19 8:52 PM
1/1/01
Pokanghoya - Go to the next Rob Zombie movie for safety.

3 from hell was garbage.  31 was better.

9/26/19 10:36 AM
10/16/15
White347LX -

Ugh that’s a tough review. 31 wasn’t great.

9/28/19 11:04 AM
4/27/14

One of my kids who works as a movie theater usher said they were briefed on new security rules for the Joler movie - they're hiring more security, will be doing stricter bag checks, etc.

9/28/19 11:09 AM
4/27/14

I'm old enough to remember when The Warriors was released, and there were concerns that gangs would see it and start fighting in the theater. It happened in a few inner-city theaters, which fed the narrative and caused theaters in the suburbs to stop showing it or to hire secuirity and even do pat-downs.

9/28/19 11:16 AM
1/1/01
Coming Up Milhouse -
White347LX -

Ugh that’s a tough review. 31 wasn’t great.

3 from hell actually tries to make the viewer feel bad for the killers at the end.  It's also slow, boring and my biggest concern became trying to figure out if Sheri Moon is still hot or not.  I'm happy to report that she is!

9/28/19 3:43 PM
2/3/10

I remember when menace II society came out  the black gangs had a shoot out at universal studios 

10/1/19 4:53 PM
5/28/02

10/1/19 4:55 PM
5/28/02

Sister is an er attending and has recoeved word to be extra staffed on opening night. Apparently this is going out to er’s nationally. 

10/1/19 5:06 PM
3/17/03
I love how the fucking US military is warning people about domestic virgins.

This is beyond fucking gay and retarded.

I'd like to double down and say NOT A SINGLE PERSON will be shot in or around a screening of this movie over the weekend.
10/1/19 5:26 PM
2/20/09
Onikage - I love how the fucking US military is warning people about domestic virgins.

I'd like to double down and say NOT A SINGLE PERSON will be shot in or around a screening of this movie over the weekend.

I half agree.

If a shooting takes place it will be a self-fullfilling prophecy born from the ridiculous insistence that it HAS to happen.

10/1/19 6:11 PM
3/17/03
donkypunch55 - 
Onikage - I love how the fucking US military is warning people about domestic virgins.

I half agree.

If a shooting takes place it will be a self-fullfilling prophecy born from the ridiculous insistence that it HAS to happen.

Exactly. The media and boomers brainwashed by the media are rolling out the red carpet for any dipshit would-be mass murderer.

Any shooting now has GUARANTEED worldwide coverage.

Even though morons like OP are trying to wish a shooting into existence, I'm still betting nothing at all happens.
Edited: 10/1/19 6:29 PM
1/1/01

I understand the concern. But there are 5803 cinemas in the United States.  Then there are multiple showings per day for each feature.  The odds of being at the cinema that has a shooting if it happens would be exceedingly small.  you are likely in much more danger of dying on the drive to the theater than you are at the theater itself.

10/1/19 6:47 PM
9/22/09
Onikage -
donkypunch55 - 

I half agree.

Exactly. The media and boomers brainwashed by the media are rolling out the red carpet for any dipshit would-be mass murderer.

Any shooting now has GUARANTEED worldwide coverage.

Even though morons like OP are trying to wish a shooting into existence, I'm still betting nothing at all happens.

The media definitely plays a role but it’s also a character that appeals to disaffected, batshit crazy nihilists who “want to watch the world burn.” A description that applies to like 90% of mass shooters, regardless of political affiliation. 

10/1/19 7:14 PM
9/30/09

I’m gonna see it in The theater. But it has crossed my mind, that wow “I live in an era where I legitimately have to think about the possibility (however little it may be) that a mass shooter could kill me at a movie”. 

10/1/19 7:52 PM
9/29/13

I was not always a Conspiritard, but recent events in the past several years have led me to believe that the US Government at the very least covers things up to lead the narratives in the way they want to, and at the most make things happen for the same purpose.  Epstein proved it as far as I am concerned.  We all knew it was coming, and it happened.

That being said, I’ve noticed that there has been a definite disdain for things like Reddit and 4chan since Trump got elected.  I find it very odd that the US Military is putting out memos talking about the “dark web” warning of this type of thing.  My guess, and I really do hope I am wrong, is that if the Ukraine thing weakens this week, there could be multiple shootings in different locations.  Interweb forums will be blamed for radicalization or something and the term “dark web” will be misused in the same way “automatic weapon” is often misused in public discussion.  

Again, being wrong would be just fine with me.  

10/1/19 7:57 PM
3/6/14

What's going on with American culture these days to produce so many fucking retards. Too much division and exaggeration in the media combined with a brutal drug epidemic supplied by your local.doctors ? Or is there something going on at a more local level? I suppose there is almost 400million of you now so theres bound to be some fucktards.

10/1/19 7:59 PM
3/9/13
Most "Joker" (lol) fanboys are SJW nerds .. so who gives a shit?
10/1/19 8:03 PM
4/30/03

This film was shown at TIFF, there was no issues , relax America 

10/1/19 8:05 PM
2/20/09
BostonCharm -

I’m gonna see it in The theater. But it has crossed my mind, that wow “I live in an era where I legitimately have to think about the possibility (however little it may be) that a mass shooter could kill me at a movie”. 

Go strapped.  I plan to.

10/1/19 8:06 PM
5/24/17

They make cash on the crazies , ala Warner brothers and a white mask.

10/1/19 8:21 PM
3/17/03
ironbelly - 

What's going on with American culture these days to produce so many fucking retards. Too much division and exaggeration in the media combined with a brutal drug epidemic supplied by your local.doctors ? Or is there something going on at a more local level? I suppose there is almost 400million of you now so theres bound to be some fucktards.

You are correct.

America was unknowingly sitting on an explosive mixture of media brainwashing, narcissistic social media enabled echo chambers, poor nutrition, pharma dependence, and moral diffusion of responsibility.

Trump was the baking soda in the volcano, blowing all the crazy out into the open.
10/3/19 12:37 AM
4/27/14

What's ironic is that this all stems from the Aurora theater shooter supposedly claiming he was The Joker to police and dressing as the Joker.

Except he didn't. That was reported initially, but didn't happen. The shooter dyed his hair red (the Joker's hair is green), and he dyed it that color because he thought it was the color of "courage". He never told the cops he was the Joker.

10/3/19 12:56 AM
12/26/05

You gotta love the fear and hatred of lower class white males who dont do well at attracting women. This is the one group in society who is completely OK to shit on and ridicule no matter how good or bad their lot in life actually is.  

Heres a thought. 

Maybe, just maybe if we have such a large group of unhinged hopeless lonely young males that feel so slighted by the society they live in that there is mass fear over them going into movie theaters and gunning people down, maybe our society is doing something wrong.

Maybe regardless of the race, a society where we regard fathers as a parenting accessory rather than a critical necessity in parenting, we will end up producing a large number of males who are lost in the wilderness...either shiftless, angst ridden and unproductive...or wild, unstable, amoral, and without a rudder.

That or maybe, just maybe we live in a world so connected and overloaded with information, we no longer have the ability to draw a line between what is and is not a significant concern to our individual safety.

Maybe a combination of both.

10/3/19 1:30 AM
1/1/01

Please don't being your cunt wives and kids that can't help but snapchatting the whole event through