OtherGround Forums Jordan Peterson exposes Climate Change

9/21/20 1:11 PM
2/2/12

Jordan Peterson on Climate change now? LoL

Get the fuck outta here, you might as well post my Uncle Jims thoughts or your shithead brother in-law's insight.

That dude needs to focus on his wheelhouse.

9/21/20 1:12 PM
4/24/07
JCMcGee - 

We have this oldish word in the uk:

Spazmo. 

JP is a big ol' spazmo.

He studied psychology ffs... Psychology, barely out of the pseudoscience stage... Psychology...the astrology of the 20th century

In other words, you have nothing to respond with in regards to what Peterson said so you will attack him personally like a child instead. Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.
9/21/20 1:23 PM
4/24/07
Treedoc - 
paw - 
JCMcGee - 

Spazmo. 

JP is a big ol' spazmo.

He studied psychology ffs... Psychology, barely out of the pseudoscience stage... Psychology...the astrology of the 20th century

So? What did Peterson say that was incorrect or inaccurate?

The question is what did he expose?

The models may not be entirely accurate, more so the further in to the future you go.

It’s complicated, and there are many other issues to be dealt with, all of this everybody knew.

Enough that not a single one of you has a specific of where he was wrong. So far one guy has attacked him personally. Then with the wit of pseudointellectual you tried to respond to a question with a question of your own to deflect from the fact you have no specifics. You probably turned it off after 30 seconds of not hearing what you wanted.

What Peterson said was not complicated. It's not hard to understand. It's simple human nature. Want to test out the theory? I'm sure you're one of those idiots who talks down to people about Climate Change. Call others stupid for not "believing in it" as if it were Santa. Right? Yeah of course I am. What have you done in the past month to lower you're carbon footprint? It's a rhetorical question. I already know you haven't done a single thing. Why? Because none of you ever do. You demand others to do it and then think you've accomplished something, endlessly patting yourselves on the back at how much of a better person you are. You're a dime a dozen.

Yawn...
9/21/20 1:50 PM
1/1/01

I do agree with Peterson that there's not a clear pathway through which climate change will unite the world around a single cause.  It's also not clear what we can do about it.

It is possible to counter his claim that we can't measure the effects, and that extrapolation of those trends results in error bars which are so great, that a trend prediction is not possible.  That's simplisic and is dismissive of some real data.

For example:

1. Coral reefs: https://coast.noaa.gov/states/fast-facts/coral-reefs.html

"In 2016, heat stress encompassed 51 percent of coral reefs globally and was extremely severe—the first mass bleaching (85 percent bleached) of the northern and far-northern Great Barrier Reef killed 29 percent of the reef’s shallow water corals. Bleaching also occurred in much of the western Indian Ocean, including 69 percent to 99 percent of corals bleached and 50 percent dead in the Seychelles."

2. Polar Ice caps: https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/155/video-annual-arctic-sea-ice-minimum-1979-2019-with-area-graph/

9/21/20 2:15 PM
8/12/16
Muscle Vision -

I don’t understand how you can dislike Jordan Peterson

because he has intellectual well thought out points? Do you disagree with those points? 
mid ao you should dislike yourself for hiding from the truth

They would prefer to listen to a child on the spectrum and a retarded representative who won a casting call than an actual intellectual. 

9/21/20 2:34 PM
8/12/16

Any climate change issues can not be addressed in any meaningful way for a couple of reasons, one of which I believe was addressed by Mr.Peterson and one which no scientist or mainstream academic will speak about. 

Mr.Peterson touched on the long list of climate change goals, all of which have their own special interest groups who will refuse to allow their stated goals be pushed back on the priority list (Not that one actually exists).  Which will stop a truly cohesive plan of attack from forming.

Then the elephant in the room that the politicians and "Scientists" refuse to address, Asia and their impact on ocean health and their carbon immissions.  Their pollution dwarfs that of the West, as does their population levels. 

It's great that people are recycling and trying to cut their waste but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean jack shit if Asia isn't on board and most countries in Asia are not.

9/21/20 2:53 PM
9/19/13
greasegun -

Get the fuck outta here, you might as well post my Uncle Jims thoughts or your shithead brother in-law's insight.

You understand that people within the highest percentile of intelligence can be subject experts simply by way of applying various systems of reasoning?

No, of course not.

9/21/20 2:59 PM
1/9/02
oranos -
greasegun -

You understand that people within the highest percentile of intelligence can be subject experts simply by way of applying various systems of reasoning?

No, of course not.

so he understand the physics of moving air masses and physical chemsitry because he's good at reasoning?

how easy do you think these subjects are to understand?

what do you do for a living?

9/21/20 3:02 PM
2/11/03
dude why respond to oranus. I've never seen an oger on the wrong side of so many threads in my life. Just go to his sept 11 thread...enough said
Edited: 9/21/20 3:22 PM
9/19/13
Isaac298 - dude why respond to oranus. I've never seen an oger on the wrong side of so many threads in my life. Just go to his sept 11 thread...enough said

100% alt account. Even has the groupthink passive aggressive approach.

(Find ideological disagreement) + (Wait for someone else to make critical comment) x (Parrot comment) + (Virtue signal character assassination using an irrelevant example) = You are a dumb cunt who thinks he’s being clever

9/21/20 5:24 PM
6/24/08
David@accu - 
Treedoc - 
paw - 
JCMcGee - 

Spazmo. 

JP is a big ol' spazmo.

So? What did Peterson say that was incorrect or inaccurate?

The question is what did he expose?

The models may not be entirely accurate, more so the further in to the future you go.

It’s complicated, and there are many other issues to be dealt with, all of this everybody knew.

Enough that not a single one of you has a specific of where he was wrong. So far one guy has attacked him personally. Then with the wit of pseudointellectual you tried to respond to a question with a question of your own to deflect from the fact you have no specifics. You probably turned it off after 30 seconds of not hearing what you wanted.

What Peterson said was not complicated. It's not hard to understand. It's simple human nature. Want to test out the theory? I'm sure you're one of those idiots who talks down to people about Climate Change. Call others stupid for not "believing in it" as if it were Santa. Right? Yeah of course I am. What have you done in the past month to lower you're carbon footprint? It's a rhetorical question. I already know you haven't done a single thing. Why? Because none of you ever do. You demand others to do it and then think you've accomplished something, endlessly patting yourselves on the back at how much of a better person you are. You're a dime a dozen.

Yawn...

Not only did I not point out where he is wrong, but I didn’t say he was wrong because I agree with most of what he said, the issue I had was with the thread title saying he “exposes climate change”.

The op made it sound like Peterson had come up with some irrefutable proof that it wasn’t happening, Peterson seemed to be on board with climate change being real but very difficult to fix, I’m fine with that.

What have you done in the past month to lower you're carbon footprint? It's a rhetorical question. I already know you haven't done a single thing.

There you go making generalizations about things of which you obviously know nothing. But sense you asked so nicely, as it turns out I planted a dozen trees today, and you know how I did that, by not sitting around posting 4K times a year on a dumb ass Forum.

Give it a try, choose life.
9/21/20 5:27 PM
1/6/10
JCMcGee -

Spazmo. 

JP is a big ol' spazmo.

Dude you’re a fucking bell whacking spacker 

9/21/20 5:41 PM
3/21/09
EazyG - 

Maybe Jordan can also school us on what we dont understand about drug addiction

I heard he is a real expert there too

He had a physical dependence to Benzos and that was probably not helped by the fact his childhood sweetheart wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer shortly before.

He realized he had a problem and went to seek help and is now doing better.

So really he would be more apt to help everyone understand the ramifications of leaning too heavily on prescription medications when facing dire situations in life.

I mean, it is not like the guy was high on meth, Fentanyl, THC and became a liberal hero or something.

I never understood why someone dislike JBP, he always has sound arguments, admits to not knowing what he doesn't know and seems like an all around solid person. Perhaps he oversteps at times, but the people attacking him literally build their world on lies and false heroes(the ones I've seen are all liberals at least), so it seems pretty hypocritical...
9/21/20 5:55 PM
4/12/11
JCMcGee -

Spazmo. 

JP is a big ol' spazmo.

I refuse to believe you have even half of JP’s intelligence. News flash genius, an intelligent person who is well read on a subject can provide meaningful insight. You are just geing an asshole.

9/21/20 6:00 PM
4/26/13

Sub

9/21/20 6:06 PM
10/20/13
JCMcGee -

Allow me to help - "her tone is not native"... She's Swedish ffs. 

And she's fucking a black Muslim

Edited: 9/21/20 6:50 PM
12/6/16
jbc -

I do agree with Peterson that there's not a clear pathway through which climate change will unite the world around a single cause.  It's also not clear what we can do about it.

It is possible to counter his claim that we can't measure the effects, and that extrapolation of those trends results in error bars which are so great, that a trend prediction is not possible.  That's simplisic and is dismissive of some real data.

For example:

"In 2016, heat stress encompassed 51 percent of coral reefs globally and was extremely severe—the first mass bleaching (85 percent bleached) of the northern and far-northern Great Barrier Reef killed 29 percent of the reef’s shallow water corals. Bleaching also occurred in much of the western Indian Ocean, including 69 percent to 99 percent of corals bleached and 50 percent dead in the Seychelles."

2. Polar Ice caps: https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/155/video-annual-arctic-sea-ice-minimum-1979-2019-with-area-graph/

The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings « JoNovaRoman Warming (was it global?) « JoNova

9/21/20 7:05 PM
11/15/04
JCMcGee -

Spazmo. 

JP is a big ol' spazmo.

Hi, TC!

How’s David doing?

9/21/20 7:12 PM
1/1/01
CharlesMartel -
jbc -

For example:

The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings « JoNovaRoman Warming (was it global?) « JoNova

It's better to use data which is from multiple sources if you're going to extrapolate to gobal climate conditions. See below from https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/global-warming/last-2000-years

Edited: 9/21/20 7:24 PM
12/6/16
jbc -
CharlesMartel -
jbc -

For example:

It's better to use data which is from multiple sources if you're going to extrapolate to gobal climate conditions. See below from https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/global-warming/last-2000-years

Sure, but the starting point on that graph you posted is 1 CE so it doesn't include the Roman and Minoan warming period nor does it have the high temperatures before the Bronze Age Cooling. If you notice, many of those lines begin after the year 1,000 as well.

If it included historical data going back furthter in time then the graph would look much different.

9/21/20 7:22 PM
11/10/18
JCMcGee -

Studied psychology did you big boy?

P. S. Your idea of "old" is cute. 

Faggot is much older than you imagine... A faggot is a big chunky ball of meat... 2 of which I put in ya mum's mouth last night. 

Next.

Well, you confirmed it lol. 

9/21/20 7:28 PM
9/1/04
oranos -

She kind of nailed it at the beginning. "This is all wrong. I should not be up here." "I should be in school"