OtherGround Forums Jordan Peterson suffering from benzo addiction

29 days ago
3/21/12
I noticed we haven't heard much from Peterson lately and here is daughter explaining why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwaixIuTrU

I find the story a little odd in that someone like Jordan wouldn't approach using klonopin with a great deal of care.
29 days ago
7/28/02

Edited: 29 days ago
1/1/01
Lucas Maximus - 

why?  Did you drink the liberal Koolaid and get convinced he was some alt-right nazi?  Does the fact he thinks there are only two genders enrage you to the point that you relish in his family's medical problems?

29 days ago
12/15/00

Wow...yeah klonopin is the devil.  My dad had a similar story.  Mom diagnosed with terminal cancer...started taking Klonopin and eventually was let go from his job, fell asleep at my moms funeral after giving a long rambling eulogy and became impossible to be around (you would have a heart felt conversation about getting off klonopin and he wouldn’t remember the next day)

thank god he got off it, but every year or so I have to get tough with him as his doctors prescribe it again and I tell him he can’t be around his grandkids if he is using that stuff.

29 days ago
1/1/01
ryanJ - 

Wow...yeah klonopin is the devil.  My dad had a similar story.  Mom diagnosed with terminal cancer...started taking Klonopin and eventually was let go from his job, fell asleep at my moms funeral after giving a long rambling eulogy and became impossible to be around (you would have a heart felt conversation about getting off klonopin and he wouldn’t remember the next day)

thank god he got off it, but every year or so I have to get tough with him as his doctors prescribe it again and I tell him he can’t be around his grandkids if he is using that stuff.

Is he going back to get another prescription or are the doctors trying to push it on him?

29 days ago
7/28/02
Soup and Beer - 
Lucas Maximus - 

why?  Did you drink the liberal Koolaid and get convinced he was some alt-right nazi?  Does the fact he thinks there are only two genders enrage you to the point that you relish in his family's medical problems?

Because he's a pill pusher

29 days ago
7/28/02

29 days ago
1/1/01

In

29 days ago
11/21/05
Jordan Peterson Enters Rehab For Klonopin Addiction Following Wife’s Cancer Battle.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5646185/jordan-peterson-rehab-klonopin/
29 days ago
4/29/09

Wow

29 days ago
3/16/06
Lucas Maximus -

You still drinking your own piss? Remember folks at home, when arguing with people on the internet they might drink their own piss. 

29 days ago
7/28/02

Yea and I don't take drugs LOL u mad?

29 days ago
10/5/11

Wish the best for Jordan Peterson. 

29 days ago
4/17/15

I don’t wish him ill. But it’s ironic given the personal responsibility/man up stuff I saw in the one podcast with him. How would a psychiatrist not know drug effects? Every junkie housewife I know can quote the PDR on every drug you never heard of.  

29 days ago
7/12/15
Soup and Beer -
Lucas Maximus - 

You seem like a reasonable person.

29 days ago
4/17/15

Also why the F was his daughter opening the update with news of her period? 

29 days ago
1/1/01
MrShush - 
Soup and Beer -
Lucas Maximus - 

You seem like a reasonable person.

Peterson gets a ton of hate from the radical left for those very irrational reasons.  Seems like Lucas' problem with him though is because he is a "pill pusher".  I suppose he is assuming that because he is a psychiatrist and has the qualification to prescribe meds.  But it would be speculation on our part to judge if he over prescribes or improperly prescribes medication.

29 days ago
5/30/03
Co3 -

I don’t wish him ill. But it’s ironic given the personal responsibility/man up stuff I saw in the one podcast with him. How would a psychiatrist not know drug effects? Every junkie housewife I know can quote the PDR on every drug you never heard of.  

The man checked into rehab. That's personal accountability. Personal accountability isn't about being invincible. 

29 days ago
1/1/01
Co3 - 

I'm sure the turmoil of his wife having terminal cancer probably affected his decision making.  Sounds like it was a pretty big upheaval.

29 days ago
1/1/01

Not sure if he stuck by this old idea of being on SSRI's forever but he was on the for a long time. Not an opinion without controversy and to add benzos to the mix....

29 days ago
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever - 

Not sure if he stuck by this old idea of being on SSRI's forever but he was on the for a long time. Not an opinion without controversy and to add benzos to the mix....

IIRC his source of depression was his food alergies and got off them once he went on the carnivore diet.  I think both he and his daughter are alergic to every food except red meat.

29 days ago
12/15/00
Soup and Beer - 
ryanJ - 

Is he going back to get another prescription or are the doctors trying to push it on him?

Somewhere in the middle...he has parkinsons and sees different doctors.  He tells them he has serious anxiety and they offer up benzo's and he still doesn't completely recognize how serious his problem was and the consequences he suffered (the drug has a crazy effect on his memory and he feels completely unaffected by it even though he is a completely different person while on it.) 

I have started going to doctors with him and telling them the deal...I was incredibly pissed at his last doctor...I explained in depth the losses he experienced due to klonopin and 3 months later the doctor prescribed it again. 

Edited: 29 days ago
1/1/01

^^ I developed a mild addiction to oxy during a prolonged kidney stone bout.  It was over 18 years ago and I just took whatever the doctor prescribed.  I researched it after I developed a possible dependancy and expressed concern to my doctor.  He dismissed my concerns and said take them if I need them.  I decided to get off them cold turkey on my own and the withdrawal was worse than the stones.

Many doctors seem to just throw a lot of meds at the problem and disregard the side effects.

29 days ago
10/17/08

A good friend of mine was going through some tough times with a beak up and other heavy family issues and the doc put him on benzodiazepines and softer the third month he lost his shit and became suicidal.  It took him over a year to feel somewhat normal, enough to go back to work part time.  He said getting off benzodiazepines was the hardest thing he’s had to do ever.  

29 days ago
4/12/11
Lucas Maximus -
Soup and Beer - 
Lucas Maximus - 

Because he's a pill pusher

Hes a psychologist not a psychiatrist.