UnderGround Forums Joshua Fabia: Sanchez' defense is Mayweather level

2/20/20 12:13 PM
1/1/01

Diego Sanchez head trainer and School of Self Awareness Worldwide (SoS) founder Joshua Fabia has reached out to a number of MMA media sources in reaction to widespread criticism of his cornering, managing, and guruing. Fabia spoke with journalist, analyst, and radio host Luke Thomas.

“Just like everybody talking that s*** about Diego just running at his opponent," said Fabia, as transcribed by Anton Tabuena for BE. "Listen crazies... slow it down and recognize what you’re seeing. He was loaded to go through a flying knee, and in that moment, in the speed of that, he recognized it was definitely going to be unhealthy to do that. And he smothered it, had no damage, and bounced off.

“Watch the video on Diego Sanchez’s IGTV, you will see he blocks, evades like it’s Mayweather level. It’s McGregor level. Clearly, why even McGregor — the only one with enough fight IQ to see the power in what was really happening there — is also the only person to study movement outside of the box of MMA-I-know-everything established community.”

“The criticism truly starts from Joe Rogan’s dumbass talking outta turn, slandering somebody, doing malfeasance in the audience’s eyes, because he didn’t do his due diligence to find out who I was.

“When I’m saying ‘100,’ meaning Diego needs to get close enough and start to unload his hundred strikes — not go 100%. ‘Tyson’ is not ‘act like Tyson,’ it’s code for uppercut, hook, hook, but again I don’t need to tell you my codes man. I don’t need to tell you my business.”

Fabia argued that once Rogan expressed bafflement at his training methods, every other commentator followed suit, and specifically took issue with former 2008 US Olympic team captain and former UFC champ champ Daniel Cormier saying Sanchez should have wrestled more.

“[They’re] trying to fill the gaps with jokes," said Fabia. "Commentate. Say what’s happening. Nobody’s asking for your opinion. If you were to go shoot, Cormier, you’d be knocked the f*** out! So quit saying like acting like anybody can just shoot in and take a leg, anybody can do this, it’s so easy. What are you guys talking about? Have you ever tried to wrestle a guy that doesn’t want to wrestle? Did it look like Pereira was staying within range?

“If you’re not going to call it right, nobody understands what they’re seeing, so all the way from the Chiesa fight I’ve been dogged, so that’s been poisoned in the mindset of the people for a whole year.”

Cormier does color, not play by play commentating, so it is in fact exactly his job to offer his opinion and insight, exactly as he did. In determining that Diego's defense is now Mayweather level, Fabia counted only two Michel Pereira shots landing, three including the knee to a downed opponent that led to the DQ win. As Fabia likely counts the knee immediately preceding the DQ knee (Sanchez said it broke two ribs), then that means he recognized just one strike landing in the fight prior to the final seconds. When you understand that that is what the School of Self Awareness founder sees, the rest of what he says makes more sense. Or even less.

2/20/20 12:17 PM
3/16/15
Who, Kenny Mayweather?
2/20/20 12:18 PM
9/14/19

Had any other trainer made Diego's stand up better ?

diegos stand up looks the same every time 

its like anyone training Jake Shields

Jake and Diego are there because of their toughness

2/20/20 12:20 PM
9/14/19

Kirik

dont you have anything better to do for humanity than go after Josh Fabia and show where Diego failed ?

does this make you look less weird because you are reporting it ?

go walk down the road and pick up trash or something and be a service to people lmao

2/20/20 12:28 PM
8/29/07
Even if Diego had Greg Jackson in his corner I'm not sure his last two match ups go any differently
2/20/20 12:35 PM
9/14/19
Mynameisburns - Even if Diego had Greg Jackson in his corner I'm not sure his last two match ups go any differently

Exactly !!

but hey, Kirin has to make everyone look weird on his forum so he looks cool 

2/20/20 12:37 PM
8/18/13
MMA Experience -

Kirik

dont you have anything better to do for humanity than go after Josh Fabia and show where Diego failed ?

go walk down the road and pick up trash or something and be a service to people lmao

I think Kirik, and a lot of us long time MMA fans, have a deep affinity and respect for guys like Diego. We also worry about the blows he’s taken. And feel very sad that a charlatan like this guy would possibly take advantage of him near the end of his very illustrious career 

2/20/20 12:40 PM
9/14/19
Dreville79 -
MMA Experience -

Kirik

I think Kirik, and a lot of us long time MMA fans, have a deep affinity and respect for guys like Diego. We also worry about the blows he’s taken. And feel very sad that a charlatan like this guy would possibly take advantage of him near the end of his very illustrious career 

Yah it sounds like Kirin can't even get out of bed he's so sad about Diegos life lmao 

2/20/20 12:47 PM
11/20/08

I still think Dan and his Stevia gimmick was far better than Sanchez's new trainer, I am not a Rogaine nut hugger at all but for once I have to admit Joe is 100% correct in questioning this fraudster 

Whatever makes Diego happy I guess.

2/20/20 12:56 PM
1/3/20

Stop giving attention to this fucking idiot. MMA media is so pathetic they will cover anything.

It's clear both Diego and this guy are mental, either advise them to seek help or ignore them. 

2/20/20 1:00 PM
5/8/12

Was Joe Rogan even working the event? I thought I read he was not. 

2/20/20 1:01 PM
5/14/09

Well he does have a few valid points.  Besides the knees he didnt really get hit. Perrea missed a lot but Sanchez didnt land shit either

Edited: 2/20/20 1:03 PM
1/30/16

Did this guy just ask DC of all people if he’s ever wrestled a guy that doesn’t want to wrestle?

he’s retarded beyond comprehension

2/20/20 1:21 PM
4/27/18

That homo has never been in any kind of actual fight in his life.  I saw the video of the systema bullshit he was doing with some soldiers in South America and those guys are dead if they ever have to fight hand to hand.

2/20/20 1:59 PM
8/7/12

Usually when an agent or manager of a fighter gets emotional and has to go on a P.R. tour to explain to people what they were doing. It shows that they have zero confidence in their fighter. Diego lost that fight before the fight even started. This should be taken as a life lesson in sports management. Never trust a guy to manage your career when they themselves have difficulty managing their own life. 

I still would like to know what this scumbags cut is of Diego's fight purse? I hope Diego has some true friends and family members around to talk some sense into him. The bad thing about all this is if the UFC steps in to talk some sense into him and refuses to book him. Then this douchebag is going to go on another meaningless P.R. tour putting all

2/20/20 2:01 PM
8/7/12

The blame on the UFC. If this guy was worth the salt and his touch butt in the park antics actually worked he would have something to lean on. What ever he is "teaching" isnt working and his number one cash cow is evidence of that.

2/20/20 2:26 PM
4/28/10

Diego needs Edmond Tarverdyan and Fabia in his corner. No one could defend that coaching combo. 

2/20/20 2:34 PM
12/7/10
Mynameisburns - Even if Diego had Greg Jackson in his corner I'm not sure his last two match ups go any differently

He can bring Jesse Jackson in and it won't make a difference.

2/20/20 2:42 PM
1/1/01
Dreville79 -
MMA Experience -

Kirik

This. Also, I walk through town cleaning up trash from time to time. It's a good productive activity that benefits the environment and it's inhabitants. You should try it sometime.

2/20/20 4:01 PM
12/4/18

I’m glad Sanchez quit and took the money. Fuck em all who say otherwise 

2/20/20 4:57 PM
5/30/15
MMA Experience -

Kirik

You are quickly becoming the least likable person on this forum. 

2/20/20 5:03 PM
3/22/16
Need to stop giving this dude anymore attention.

He's a scammer and is taking advantage of Diego. Listen to how Diego talks about him. Super weird and not healthy. To top it off this dude is Diego's manager now as well. So he is probably taking a good % of his pay as trainer and manager.
2/20/20 5:17 PM
11/19/19

Does this guy train anyone else or is this just a homosexual lovefest between these two?

2/20/20 5:23 PM
12/4/18

Sanchez used to date that smoking hot blonde ring girl no way is he sucking dudes off 

2/20/20 6:57 PM
1/3/20
MMA Experience -

Kirik

Diego, we understand you're upset at the smear coverage here, but this isn't helping man. Just log back into your regular account and talk to us.