OtherGround Forums Kate Upton Is Training Jiu-Jitsu, got first stripe

12/7/19 5:52 AM
6/8/08

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/model-kate-upton-is-training-jiu-jitsu-just-earned-her-first-stripe/

There is no way I could roll with her without getting thrown out of the gym. Having her in my guard, then have her pass to side..  I'd have to go to a judo turtle and stay like that until everyone has left the room. 

12/7/19 6:04 AM
4/11/10

REAR

NAKED

CHOKE

12/7/19 6:14 AM
7/15/00

I bet not many escape her mount successfully

12/7/19 6:46 AM
3/1/13

I'd let her relentlessly sell products to me in her pajamas!!!

12/7/19 6:50 AM
9/26/02

12/7/19 6:53 AM
7/16/13

i'd put the third hook in, immediately. 

12/7/19 6:53 AM
3/31/14

Can some one let me know what you have to do to accomplish a first stripe?

I've never done JJ or know much about it.  Even info on how the upgrading from a white belt to black  takes place

12/7/19 7:00 AM
1/1/01
Who would willingly let her put you in a triangle choke?
12/7/19 7:04 AM
4/5/10

Edited: 12/7/19 7:07 AM
1/1/01

Could you imagine being in her tight guard?

12/7/19 7:13 AM
1/1/01
I'd rather have her put me in a north/south control.
12/7/19 7:26 AM
9/13/12

This can be life-threatening. If she puts her tits in my face I will never tap out.

Edited: 12/7/19 8:11 AM
1/1/01
Coil3623 -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

I've never done JJ or know much about it.  Even info on how the upgrading from a white belt to black  takes place

You literally just have to show up. A fat girl with short legs who can't do much just got a purple belt at a Gracie Barra I went to. My wife who was a white belt and is athletic literally was puzzled when she did practice rolls at the end of the class with her as a blue belt. my wife did whatever she wanted to her and had to let her do stuff because she felt bad for her. I sometimes think it is a marketing ploy to get people to not quit and keep paying because no way is that person a purple belt. White belts can embarrass her

gracie barra went to a "x" number of classes = Y belt / stripes.  On one hand, I agree. You go to college, and as long as you can pass a basic knowledge test, you pass. There a DRs who graduated straight A's from harvard, and some who graduated staight C's from Jose's medical and barber college, TJ, Mex.

carlos jr also told me he grades on your personal potential. So someone who sucks will get promoted faster than someone with natural talent/ability

12/7/19 7:39 AM
6/3/11
Coil3623 -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -
Coil3623 -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

You literally just have to show up. A fat girl with short legs who can't do much just got a purple belt at a Gracie Barra I went to. My wife who was a white belt and is athletic literally was puzzled when she did practice rolls at the end of the class with her as a blue belt. my wife did whatever she wanted to her and had to let her do stuff because she felt bad for her. I sometimes think it is a marketing ploy to get people to not quit and keep paying because no way is that person a purple belt. White belts can embarrass her

gracie barra went to a "x" number of classes = Y belt / stripes.  On one hand, I agree. You go to college, and as long as you can pass a basic knowledge test, you pass. There a DRs who graduated straight A's from harvard, and some who graduated staight C's from Jose's medical and barber college, TJ, Mex.

carlos jr also told me he grades on your personal potential. So someone who sucks will get promoted faster than someone with natural talent/ability

that said, what a dump looking school. looks like a rape basement

it's all for money. Gracie barra is a joke.It truly is the McDonald's of bjj. The owner at the one I went to just wants to reduce the drop out rate and based it on attendance to keep getting paid..rewarding people keeps them coming in his mind. I left after getting a purple belt.It was a waste of money. I feel I got it took easily after easily beating their purple and blue belts as a white belt. All I did was grab their gi where they couldn't do anything and when they tried something, I just bridged and rolled and Ezekiel choked them or started them. It was a joke

This. 

12/7/19 7:39 AM
3/15/06
kungfugrip -

Could you imagine being in her tight guard?

Could you imagine even trying to get out of it? She must think she's really good and no man can pass her guard.

12/7/19 7:52 AM
11/28/08
Bukkaked by Bombers -

It is very arbitrary and means very little. Gracie Barr’s schools have a formalized system of when you get stripes, but a lot of other instructors will not even think about it. You might get a stripe after winning a tournament or a visiting instructor might hand some out at a seminar. There is nothing to say that someone with 3 stripes on their belt is any better than someone with 1, unless maybe if you are looking at one specific school.

12/7/19 8:03 AM
10/11/18
ttt
12/7/19 8:09 AM
12/16/11
John Wick -

i'd put the third hook in, immediately. 

Lolol

12/7/19 8:17 AM
11/28/03

shes hotter in a gi than a bikini

12/7/19 8:25 AM
1/1/01
Coil3623 -
anthonyMI -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

It is very arbitrary and means very little. Gracie Barr’s schools have a formalized system of when you get stripes, but a lot of other instructors will not even think about it. You might get a stripe after winning a tournament or a visiting instructor might hand some out at a seminar. There is nothing to say that someone with 3 stripes on their belt is any better than someone with 1, unless maybe if you are looking at one specific school.

3 stripes means they practiced moves and are aware of more things than a white stripe, but I overpowered 3 stripe people with no stripes and kept them from doing anything when we practiced what we learned last 3 minutes of class. It really was aggravating for me because I was new and didn't want to seem like a showoff. So I let them do stuff. Like I said, when I went to almeida's school, I truly saw how bullshit Gracie barra was . The purple belts, Brown belts and black belts were legit

way before bjj got commercial, it was still like that. there were blue belts tapping black belts.

it goes back to DRs graduating with Cs or As.

if you want to hold back people until you think they should be "X" belt, why not make pan am, or world champ, or adcc champ, etc.?

everyone isnt going to medal at the worlds, does that mean someone doesnt have the same knowledge as the guy who medals?

what about people who start late in life? a 50 year old wont beat a 20 year old, given same amount of time on the mat. should the 50 year old stay a white belt their whole life? how about someone with breathing issues. might be able to train no issues, but cant roll. or someone with a heart condition. If they can execute a move perfectly, just cant randori, shouldnt they get promoted?

what was

i agree with the measured against yourself. if someone improves greatly, they should get promoted, even if they are the worst at their belt in the world.  think about. there will always be someone who is the best, so theyll akways be someone the worst.

12/7/19 8:28 AM
1/1/01
Coil3623 -
anthonyMI -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

3 stripes means they practiced moves and are aware of more things than a white stripe, but I overpowered 3 stripe people with no stripes and kept them from doing anything when we practiced what we learned last 3 minutes of class. It really was aggravating for me because I was new and didn't want to seem like a showoff. So I let them do stuff. Like I said, when I went to almeida's school, I truly saw how bullshit Gracie barra was . The purple belts, Brown belts and black belts were legit

you shouldnt be overpowering anyone.  total white belt mentality. if you cant beat people purely using technique, you're not doing BJJ. when i trained with chicks, or dudes that weight a less than me, i never used my strength, or weight as advantage, other than when using the 1000kg hold. and then it was still technique, not just laying my fat ass on someone

12/7/19 8:45 AM
1/1/01

She probably should put anti chaffing tape on her nipples because she has really big melons

12/7/19 8:46 AM
2/8/09

Yeah GB stripe system is a joke. Although it looks like Kate is getting private session like most celebrities do. 

Edited: 12/7/19 8:49 AM
11/28/09
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -
Coil3623 -
anthonyMI -
Bukkaked by Bombers -

way before bjj got commercial, it was still like that. there were blue belts tapping black belts.

it goes back to DRs graduating with Cs or As.

if you want to hold back people until you think they should be "X" belt, why not make pan am, or world champ, or adcc champ, etc.?

everyone isnt going to medal at the worlds, does that mean someone doesnt have the same knowledge as the guy who medals?

what about people who start late in life? a 50 year old wont beat a 20 year old, given same amount of time on the mat. should the 50 year old stay a white belt their whole life? how about someone with breathing issues. might be able to train no issues, but cant roll. or someone with a heart condition. If they can execute a move perfectly, just cant randori, shouldnt they get promoted?

what was

i agree with the measured against yourself. if someone improves greatly, they should get promoted, even if they are the worst at their belt in the world.  think about. there will always be someone who is the best, so theyll akways be someone the worst.

I was a pan am champ as a white belt.  Got promoted to blue when I returned home.

12/7/19 8:55 AM
11/28/08

Big international competitions having belt categories always seemed weird to me. It encourages sandbagging. In Judo, nobody won gold at the Pan Ams in the color belt division.