UnderGround Forums Kenflo names 3 fighters who can beat Khabib

23 days ago
6/9/16

At least one of them will surprise you.

Georges St-Pierre 

“We have Georges St-Pierre,” he said. “He does have a very high level of wrestling. He’s also very big. That probably not going to happen. GSP it seems is retired for good now. As he should, he absolutely deserves that and has done everything in the sport that you can do."

Justin Gaethje

“He comes from a wrestling background and he does hit extremely hard. I think he’s one of the few guys who might be able to give Khabib a tough time. If he does stuff the takedowns he does have the power in the striking to knockout Khabib.”

Ryan Hall !!!!

“It sounds crazy because he’s a 145-pounder, but you either need to be an absolute ninja on the ground, right? You need someone who can always put you on defense — someone like a Ryan Hall on the ground. Or you need someone who can absolutely keep it on the feet.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/kenny-florian-names-three-fighters-who-could-beat-khabib-nurmagomedov/

23 days ago
6/27/18

Lol @ GSP being "very big." He's undersized among welterweights these days.

Also lol @ featherweight Ryan Hall being any threat on the ground to Khabib.

Gaethje, I can agree with.

23 days ago
10/14/17
TequilaYuen -

Lol @ GSP being "very big." He's undersized among welterweights these days.

Also lol @ featherweight Ryan Hall being any threat on the ground to Khabib.

Gaethje, I can agree with.

GSP would still smash Khabib

23 days ago
10/9/10

Um he forgot the most obvious one, Poirer 

23 days ago
10/26/05

Ryan Hall? WTF? Lost all credibility. 

23 days ago
10/14/17
MasterofMartialArts -

Um he forgot the most obvious one, Poirer 

23 days ago
11/24/07

Gaethje is the most interesting to me of the realistic matchups. As good a grappler as khabib is he’s never fought another high level wrestler that I can think of. 

23 days ago
7/27/11

Gaethje is the dark horse at 155. I think Khabib only has 2-3 fights left though, and for me, I want him to fight Tony, Diaz then GSP tbh. 

23 days ago
3/7/05
Kenny is crazy if he thinks Ryan Hall would be a threat to Khabib.
23 days ago
6/27/18
da Vinci 81 -

Gaethje is the most interesting to me of the realistic matchups. As good a grappler as khabib is he’s never fought another high level wrestler that I can think of. 

Kamal Shalorus was a national champ in Iran, but failed to qualify for the Olympics. Khabib got 3 takedowns on 9 attempts.

Abel Trujillo was a NAIA all-American. Khabib got 21 takedowns on 27 attempts.

Gaethje would definitely be the best wrestler Khabib has faced yet, though.

23 days ago
2/24/19

Dana will never let GSP vs Khabib happen. When GSP gave up the belt before, I actually heard Dana say “That will never happen again.” Of course he said lots of stuff that went the other way (Ronda?) (Brock?) but if GSP won and then gave up the belt that would cause chaos again. If Georges were to come back for say three fights then yes. Georges actually said on Chael’s podcast yesterday that both fighters wanted the fight, the fans wanted the fight but the UFC did not. Dana is still waiting for his great Irish hope to get his nose out of the powder and into the octagon. 

23 days ago
11/24/07
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Gaethje is the dark horse at 155. I think Khabib only has 2-3 fights left though, and for me, I want him to fight Tony, Diaz then GSP tbh. 

Tony and gsp I can see, but Diaz? Strong grapplers are bad matchups for him so I’m not sure what’s interesting about that. 

23 days ago
6/27/05

Q: Who can beat the 155 goat?

Idiot: Somebody who’s never fought at 155

23 days ago
6/27/05
BigWilliam - Kenny is crazy if he thinks Ryan Hall would be a threat to Khabib.

That his way of picking himself...  

23 days ago
3/7/05
Stu Cazzo - 

Interesting read on that. Also crazy though. Khabib would smash them both in sequence.
23 days ago
6/27/18
BigWilliam -
Stu Cazzo - 

Interesting read on that. Also crazy though. Khabib would smash them both in sequence.

Nah, Kenny is not that delusional about his own MMA career. He knows he was outmatched on the ground by BJ, Diego, and Sean Sherk.

23 days ago
6/20/11

Not fair to blame Kenny for this bad list, blame whoever he stole it from

23 days ago
10/30/03

Does everyone forget sambo used 50/50 for 100 yrs. They just know how to defend and never end up there. It's not new and Ryan hall is too weak. His game would be diminished greatly when matched with someone who is stronger and knows the techniques.

23 days ago
12/1/18

We haven’t seen the guy seriosuly tested but I have a feeling Gregor Gillespie would give Khabib a run for his money

23 days ago
6/27/18
fedorforever12 -

We haven’t seen the guy seriosuly tested but I have a feeling Gregor Gillespie would give Khabib a run for his money

Agreed.

23 days ago
8/15/07
fedorforever12 - 

This.
23 days ago
10/8/07
fedorforever12 -

Sad thing is Khabib will be long gone from the sport or maybe just the weight class by the time Gregor makes it into the top 5.

23 days ago
4/12/05
Khabib is so far ahead of everyones wrestling.

Diaz is the man. He is back for the belt. in incredible shape but can he get the fight to the ground?

Then Woodley if he fights the same as when he fought Maia.
23 days ago
5/18/18

El Cucuy has the recipe to beat Khabib.  

23 days ago
5/18/18
fedorforever12 -

This.  Gregor might whip his ass