OtherGround Forums Kirik, please make a separate thread for the crap

10 days ago
12/26/07
This place is almost nothing but vitriolic hyperbole of hate and polarizing arguments... it is no fun and not healthy.

Make a separate channel for all of that crap.

It gets worse every day, why have you let it devolve into this?
10 days ago
11/16/08

The internet needs to ban more hate speach until there is only one side to be heard that agrees on everything! Muhahaha

10 days ago
6/26/17

We can all agree that...

Corn Nuts are delicious 

10 days ago
1/1/01

Last year he had planned to make the PoliticalGround official but he changed his mind.  The funny part is most of the OG would migrate there.  The regular OG would become a seldom visited off topic forum.

10 days ago
2/25/03
Soup and Beer - 

Last year he had planned to make the PoliticalGround official but he changed his mind.  The funny part is most of the OG would migrate there.  The regular OG would become a seldom visited off topic forum.

That's not what happened the first time they tried that. They kept moving threads over there, but they finally gave up.

10 days ago
8/16/12
papa pump -

We can all agree that...

Corn Nuts are delicious 

Just not the ranch ones 

10 days ago
1/1/01
rufus - 
Soup and Beer - 

That's not what happened the first time they tried that. They kept moving threads over there, but they finally gave up.

It was only being done by Mountain Medic and not an official policy.  Everyone cried too much and it ended.  If Kirik made it official you should either post in the correct forum or have your thread deleted, not moved.  Once that happens a few times people will start following the rules.   There's no incentive to post in the right forum if the only reprecussion is it gets moved by a mod.

10 days ago
8/12/10

A politics forum would be great to seperate from the fun.

10 days ago
7/24/14

How bout instead of a politicalground he just makes a nonpoliticalground. A separate area where you can be sheltered from politics. Keep the otherground uncensored 

10 days ago
8/12/10
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

How bout instead of a politicalground he just makes a nonpoliticalground. A separate area where you can be sheltered from politics. Keep the otherground uncensored 

fair play. Sounds easier.

10 days ago
11/19/19
Ocean6 - This place is almost nothing but vitriolic hyperbole of hate and polarizing arguments... it is no fun and not healthy.

Sounds like you're a liberal and realize that you're party is in for an ass whoopin.

10 days ago
2/25/03
Soup and Beer - 
rufus - 
Soup and Beer - 

It was only being done by Mountain Medic and not an official policy.  Everyone cried too much and it ended.  If Kirik made it official you should either post in the correct forum or have your thread deleted, not moved.  Once that happens a few times people will start following the rules.   There's no incentive to post in the right forum if the only reprecussion is it gets moved by a mod.

I think deleting people's threads would seriously piss people off. Probably not worth the headache for them.

10 days ago
1/1/01

I am grateful for any input people have. We are living in an unusual moment in the nation's history, and the OG reflects it.

10 days ago
1/1/01
rufus -
Soup and Beer - 

They gave up because a vocal minority (cami) went literally batshit insane and made more complaint threads than political ones. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Ocean6 - This place is almost nothing but vitriolic hyperbole of hate and polarizing arguments... it is no fun and not healthy.

Edited: 10 days ago
4/6/19
Kirik -

I am grateful for any input people have. We are living in an unusual moment in the nation's history, and the OG reflects it.

I guess the question is, what are the divisions?

war ground isn't a totally bad idea (maybe its historic and not a real current solution). poeple want to give it a go or build a thread based on animosity?

I'll mod if for you... fox in the henhouse, no worries (no? hit me bitches... hahaha)

10 days ago
2/25/03
pfsjkd - 
rufus -
Soup and Beer - 

They gave up because a vocal minority (cami) went literally batshit insane and made more complaint threads than political ones. 

Was he even here then?

10 days ago
1/1/01

Those retards who say nice things to me and think my prop comedy is clever......

HAVE GOT TO GO!!!!

Maybe I need to become a "character" with a schtick and catch phrases! 

10 days ago
4/6/19
DaveFu -

Those retards who say nice things to me and think my prop comedy is clever......

HAVE GOT TO GO!!!!

you're not a character? shit

10 days ago
3/23/06

The Otherground is the new Politicalground.  

Edited: 10 days ago
10/3/16
Ocean6 - This place is almost nothing but vitriolic hyperbole of hate and polarizing arguments... it is no fun and not healthy.

Make your own threads then and change the conversation. (This one excluded) Talk about something else. Don't wait for inspiration.

This place is one of the few freely open discussion boards that features inputs from both side.

Putting it in a subforum would not work because every single day there would be people posting on the OG instead. Either because they forget, they don't care, or because they don't think it will get read. And nobody is gonna act like Reddit police if they do.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Wayne Glamcock - 
DaveFu -

HAVE GOT TO GO!!!!

you're not a character? shit

I don't think so.

I have been sent away so many times to build character, I may have come back a character. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

We don't need any other ground. If you don't like the content then create your own threads. If no one replies it was a crap thread anyway. We all make duds. 

10 days ago
4/13/12
Mutant -

We don't need any other ground. If you don't like the content then create your own threads. If no one replies it was a crap thread anyway. We all make duds. 

Every thread I make is gold.

10 days ago
1/1/01
EFM -
Mutant -

Every thread I make is gold.

I'm talking about the whiney OP! Crying about the content of the board I've never seen a thread made by them.