OtherGround Forums Let me explain something RE: Careers vs "Jobs"

5 days ago
9/19/19

The difference between a job and a career is night and day. Do not ever get the two confused. Most of you work "jobs".

A "job" only requires clean piss and being able to tie your shoes and not poop your pants. A "career" requires education, skillsets, certifications and training.  The type of people to work jobs past the age of 25 are usually low intelligence, low ambition, have some form of mental problem or are just straight up lazy (marijuana abuse anyone?). Career people on the other hand are much higher on the totem pole. They're more ambitious, smarter and in return make much more money. Jobs are usually paid hourly, career people are salaried.

Know the difference, know your place on the totem pole.

5 days ago
7/15/02

What field is your career in, El Bandito?

5 days ago
3/18/12

He's right, you know. 

5 days ago
12/29/18

You made a thread about this very topic a couple weeks ago Tuffer. 

5 days ago
9/19/19
Yossarian -

Thread was inspired by the 30 year old that bagged my goceries tonight. How does that even happen? Like, I don't know...

5 days ago
3/12/07

Oh wise one, please tell us how to work like you tell us how to live. We are but pale shadows amidst your monoloithic stature.

5 days ago
4/27/15

5 days ago
9/19/19
WikiTheWalrus -

Oh wise one, please tell us how to work like you tell us how to live. We are but pale shadows amidst your monoloithic stature.

I'm not telling you anything besides knowing where you're at in life, and owning it.

5 days ago
11/8/11
WikiTheWalrus -

First, don't try to use complicated words if you don't understand them. Also, it's ''monolithic''.

5 days ago
10/24/19

No one says "blow career" there is only "blow job"

Let that sink in

5 days ago
3/12/07
El Bandito -
WikiTheWalrus -

I'm not telling you anything besides knowing where you're at in life, and owning it.

I wise one, I seek only your wisdom so that I may one day be worthy of joining you as a king among men.

5 days ago
5/10/08

Are you like the Mexican version of LeShat V2?

5 days ago
3/12/07
Eisenberg -
WikiTheWalrus -

First, don't try to use complicated words if you don't understand them. Also, it's ''monolithic''.

First, read a dictionary because everything I said was definitionally correct. Second, oops, a typo. You're right, I'm soooo dumb for making typos on an internet forum.

Now leave me be so I can learn from the wise one in peace.

5 days ago
7/15/02
El Bandito -
Yossarian -

Thread was inspired by the 30 year old that bagged my goceries tonight. How does that even happen? Like, I don't know...

Right. So what do you do for a living?

Edited: 5 days ago
7/19/11

You can be low ambitious and intelligent. I have a job not a career. I am happy because my ambitions are outside of the work I do, maybe they will lead to a career somewhere down the line maybe not.

If you're happy that is all that matters.

5 days ago
9/19/19
weaktendons -

You can be low ambitious and intelligent. I have a job not a career. I am happy because my ambitions are outside of the work I do, maybe they will lead to a career somewhere down the line maybe not.

If you're happy that is all that matters.

I say intelligence is useless without ambition 

5 days ago
2/9/14

A career is a job.... career and job people lack the ambition and intelligence to build anything of their own and go to school to learn how to be a good little employee.   Business owners love career guys because they are the most dedicated to their work and make the owner lots of money while feeling like they are really apart of something special.  Which they are... Making the owner rich.... 

5 days ago
9/19/19
MagicMark -

A career is a job.... career and job people lack the ambition and intelligence to build anything of their own and go to school to learn how to be a good little employee.   Business owners love career guys because they are the most dedicated to their work and make the owner lots of money while feeling like they are really apart of something special.  Which they are... Making the owner rich.... 

Let me guess, you run an Ebay business from your moms basement buying and selling baseball and pokemon cards?

5 days ago
2/7/13
El Bandito -
Yossarian -

“Like”...

yup, you’re one to judge.  Lol

5 days ago
10/21/09

Some of us just don't give a fuck about joining the rat race in life.

5 days ago
9/19/19
OblongBox -

Some of us just don't give a fuck about joining the rat race in life.

you're in it anyways

5 days ago
12/1/12

Holy fuck homoslice.  How many accounts do you have? What a worthless troll. 

5 days ago
1/13/11

I run a brothel, is that a job or career?  I keep my pimp hand strong and answer only to the cops if they have a warrant. 

da fuck you talking about fool?

5 days ago
11/11/14

Damn! OP! Where were you with your sage wisdom when I was making my life choices as a young lad?

5 days ago
3/14/04
El Bandito - 

The difference between a job and a career is night and day. Do not ever get the two confused. Most of you work "jobs".

A "job" only requires clean piss and being able to tie your shoes and not poop your pants. A "career" requires education, skillsets, certifications and training.  The type of people to work jobs past the age of 25 are usually low intelligence, low ambition, have some form of mental problem or are just straight up lazy (marijuana abuse anyone?). Career people on the other hand are much higher on the totem pole. They're more ambitious, smarter and in return make much more money. Jobs are usually paid hourly, career people are salaried.

Know the difference, know your place on the totem pole.

Shut the fuck up fat boy and go ring up my fries before they get cold.