OtherGround Forums Lets play D&D in this thread!

6/6/19 12:24 PM
5/23/12
Thrill Hammer -

Didnt make party, but in to follow along. I love this kind of shit.

sorry man, i was hoping I was going to pull your name. 

6/6/19 12:27 PM
5/7/08

Can I have a Bag of Holding as my item? Pirkle doesn't know anyone, but has some notoriety as a corrupt, evil mayor of ...Waterdeep was it?

6/6/19 12:52 PM
5/23/12
MayorPirkle -

Can I have a Bag of Holding as my item? Pirkle doesn't know anyone, but has some notoriety as a corrupt, evil mayor of ...Waterdeep was it?

yeah that is fine. 

Edited: 6/6/19 1:25 PM
1/1/01

Updated character based on level 4)

Zinek- Level 4 Half Minotaur (1/2 human) Barbarian

6 feet 9 inches, 500lbs of muscle with 2, 6-inch long brown horns coming out of his upper forehead. Brown fur over his entire body.

Extremely strong (20 strength) and agile with a good constitution, but dim-witted, quick to anger, low charisma and can't read or write. He prefers to solve problems with violence or brute force. He is loyal to friends or those who earn it.

Minotaur heritage: Great sense of smell. Can easily navigate mazes and know directions.

Infravision 30ft

Armor, Weapons & Equipment

+1 Heavy Axe. 1d12 +1 +6 (Strength) damage. So 1d12+7 total damage (Increases during barbarian rage)

Coin pouch- 4 gold pieces total, broken down into smaller pieces (silver & copper)

Balanced throwing dagger

Standard Pack

Loin Cloth

(Note: The few stats and damage I listed are based on the 2nd edition D&D system. If you use a different one feel free to modify as necessary).

6/6/19 5:08 PM
5/23/12
USMC Blackhearts -

Updated character based on level 4)

Zinek- Level 4 Half Minotaur (1/2 human) Barbarian

6 feet 9 inches, 500lbs of muscle with 2, 6-inch long brown horns coming out of his upper forehead. Brown fur over his entire body.

Extremely strong (20 strength) and agile with a good constitution, but dim-witted, quick to anger, low charisma and can't read or write. He prefers to solve problems with violence or brute force. He is loyal to friends or those who earn it.

Minotaur heritage: Great sense of smell. Can easily navigate mazes and know directions.

Infravision 30ft

Armor, Weapons & Equipment

+1 Heavy Axe. 1d12 +1 +6 (Strength) damage. So 1d12+7 total damage (Increases during barbarian rage)

Coin pouch- 4 gold pieces total, broken down into smaller pieces (silver & copper)

Balanced throwing dagger

Standard Pack

Loin Cloth

(Note: The few stats and damage I listed are based on the 2nd edition D&D system. If you use a different one feel free to modify as necessary).

nice job!

ok, lets get the rest of them!

6/6/19 5:54 PM
5/23/12
Thrill Hammer -

anyone who did not make it into the party should stick around, good chance we will lose people as we go along if for no other reason I happen to like to kill players...

6/6/19 6:01 PM
11/8/09
Mayfield -

Sub. Please make The dread pirate Bran Muffinshart from the last campaign an NPC.

Some other guys like Mayfield should jump in as NPCs or villains once in a while. It would be fun plus take some of the work off your hands jay. 

6/6/19 6:05 PM
5/23/12
King Trav -
Mayfield -

Sub. Please make The dread pirate Bran Muffinshart from the last campaign an NPC.

Some other guys like Mayfield should jump in as NPCs or villains once in a while. It would be fun plus take some of the work off your hands jay. 

awesome idea.

6/6/19 6:10 PM
11/8/09

TheChief and I already rolled these characters for a different game that hasn’t had a chance to start so we’ve put a bit of the leg work into our characters already. 

Here’s a bit of our background. It might be changed a little but you’ll get the idea. 

Credit to Pretjah for the city of San Jammer.

Can we we pick from any edition?  Like maybe I’ll be an arcane trickster from 5e?  Or would you prefer to run with a straight up old school thief as the DM?

6/6/19 6:12 PM
11/8/09

Background for Curly the thief and Moe the fighter....

Moe and Curly are twin gnomes who never asked to be born to a drunken whore of a mother in the city of San Jammer. They also didn’t ask for the names and the fact that the drunken bitch couldn’t ever decide which was Moe and which was Curly, but sometimes life just has a way of doing its own thing. 

Growing up, it didn’t take long for the brothers to realize that if they were going to survive and thrive they could only rely on one another. Their mother didn’t care about them and the other girls in the brothel just saw the young gnomes as servants. They ate whatever scraps they could find and dressed in whatever rags and clothing they found around the brothel. 

The final straw came after a particularly severe beating from a patron of the whorehouse after he accused them of stealing his coin purse that was actually stolen by their mother. The gnomes, who were teens now stole what the could fence and pawn from their mother’s room and set out for themselves on the streets of the city. 

After a few months of stealing, robbing and thuggery the boys’ skills were quickly noticed by a gang made up of exclusively small races called Semmy’s Gutterrunners. 

For a few years the boys worked with the Gutterrunners as a collection and shakedown team. Moe using his break and entry skills to gain access and then letting Curly in so the two of them could find their marks sleeping. 

The success of the gang got to Semmy’s head however and he tried and failed to expand into other gangs territory.  Rival gangs raided the Gutterrunners hideout, killing Semmy and many of the gang’s members. Anyone who survived the attack  is now on their own again. 

The twins are inseparable. They’ll sacrifice themselves for each other.  This attitude has gotten them through many harrowing moments o the streets of San Jammer. They’re mean, brutal and efficient. They’ve learned that being small in a world built for bigs means you need to take what you want. The bigs will always look down on you no matter what you accomplish. The humans, elves and other larger races are inherently arseholes, and therefore the brothers tend to treat them all with distrust and contempt. 

6/6/19 7:05 PM
1/1/01
Thrill Hammer - 

At some point the party will wish it had a rogue to do its scouting and trap disarming.
6/6/19 7:07 PM
1/1/01
Passive Jay - 
Thrill Hammer -

anyone who did not make it into the party should stick around, good chance we will lose people as we go along if for no other reason I happen to like to kill players...

Was planning it. Like I said, I didn't see any other rogue characters, and the party will be wanting one.
6/6/19 7:09 PM
5/23/12

2nd edition is what I'm familiar with but as long as you're willing to give explanations of your character abilities I don't mind if you play other Edition classes

6/6/19 7:15 PM
1/1/01
Sorry, didn't notice Curly was a thief.

Is anyone playing a cleric? I'll post my outline later for Estaban's cousin, Sister Mary Margret Teresa Maria from the Order of Perpetual Virginity. The order is LG, but the character isn't.

I could alternately be talked into an old favorite of mine, a human Dual Class former 8th level paladin, currently 4th level cleric. But only if the party can handle a LG PC.
Edited: 6/6/19 8:11 PM
11/8/09

“I’m not curly...he’s curly.” The small darkly dressed gnome points over to a gruff looking mass of scarred narled muscle and jagged steel from where he’s been standing unnoticed  in the shadows. 

6/6/19 8:49 PM
1/3/11

My brother has been playing that shit since the early eighties he is 5i years old. Is something wrong with him?

6/6/19 8:53 PM
1/1/01
Ringworm74 - 

My brother has been playing that shit since the early eighties he is 5i years old. Is something wrong with him?

I, also in my 50s, have been playing since 1979.

So to answer your question - Yes, probably MANY things.
Edited: 6/6/19 10:29 PM
9/23/07

Passive Jay - 

ok, i did the random drawing for a party of 8

the group is.

Nitecrawler

brockback mountain

mayorpirkle

usmc blackhearts

easy tapper

papa pump

king trav

theChief.

Sorry for those that did not get in, next time we do this mention you did not get in and you will get first dibs on the next one.

Ok, we are going with level 4, please give me a discription and what unusual items you might have. at level 4 you may have one minor magic item (+1 sword, magic missle wand, that sort of thing).

Now is also the time to let me know which characters know each other so I can start working on an intro.

Azathoth

Neutral human Warrior Lev. 4

Very Agile, above average strength. average other shit. 

Fights more with finesse than strength.

Equipment:
Black Half Plate
+1 Greatsword.
2 Backup daggers.
Backpack
Garrote
Waterskin
Trail rations
a book of erotic poems
flint and steel
2 torches
whetstone
Fishing tackle
Coin purse (level apprt amount of gold and silver)
2 person tent
Rope
Bedroll
I dont know anyone. 4th son of a noble lord far away, Nothing to inherit so he becomes a warrior/adventure. Sort of the strong silent type. Reserved, skeptical, pesamistic, realist. 

6/6/19 9:39 PM
1/1/01
Sister Mary Margret Teresa Maria, Probationary Novice of the Order of Perpetual Virginity

Despite being a serving member of the Order of Perpetual Virginity for many year, and serving in over a dozen Cloisters & Convents in different capacities, Sister Mary Margret Teresa Maria still wears the outward vestments of a Novice. This lowly station belies the Sister's profound innate understanding & communion in the ways of the Divine Light, and she is able to call on that awesome power much more often and to much greater effect than Sisters with much higher rank, and twice her years of service.

It is her hours AWAY from prayer and meditation that prevented what should have been a meteoric rise in the Order. Her inability to cope with the "fussiness with rules" that her Mother Superiors seem to have has left her confounded and passed over for promotion within the order.

Sister Mary Margret Teresa Maria is tall for a human woman. She has long, wavy red hair that she keeps tied back in a pony that reaches below her shoulder blades. She ties it back with a leather thong or, when she can fine one, a piece of bright ribbon. Even when wearing her Order vestments, her high cheekbones and keen, green eyes attract admiring, and often jealous, looks.

She has a slender, wiry and athletic build, as well as a good deal of charm and a natural way with people. She is literate and well tutored, but is often called "absent minded" by her Sister Superiors. When fighting with the Order Militant she wears scale armor and uses a standard Order-issue mace. She optimistically calls herself a "middling holy warrior."

Around her neck she is never without her Order-issue bronze holy symbol, and she is proficient in using it to cast the usual spells. In an inner pocket of her vestments she keeps her most prize possession - An enchanted silver holy symbol that, when held above shoulder height, radiates Continual Light and Protection Form Evil 10' Radius.
6/6/19 9:41 PM
1/1/01
So far I've posted two characters and I didn't even make the draw for the party. Oh well. Keep Estaban the Scout and Sister Virginity in mind if places open up.
6/6/19 10:46 PM
1/1/01
The current party by my count (highly unofficial):

Nitecrawler - character not announced

brockback mountain - Azathoth Neutral human Warrior

mayorpirkle - Pirkle humanoid pig creature Bard

usmc blackhearts - Zinek half minotaur barbarian

easy tapper - Elf Wizard

papa pump - Gnome brawler

king trav - Curly Gnome thief

theChief - Moe Gnome fighter
6/6/19 10:50 PM
1/1/01
That's a surprising amount of Gnomes. Half the party are in-your-face fighters. The party has a thief/rogue, with a Bard as back-up. One wizard, which is enough. No cleric though. That can be offset with a good supply of potions, but that gets spendy fast.
Edited: 6/6/19 11:14 PM
9/23/07
phydeau - That's a surprising amount of Gnomes. Half the party are in-your-face fighters. The party has a thief/rogue, with a Bard as back-up. One wizard, which is enough. No cleric though. That can be offset with a good supply of potions, but that gets spendy fast.

Maybe Nitecrawler will be a cleric/healer type. and something tallish. 

6/6/19 11:38 PM
6/29/09

Bren the Barbarian sparks a pipeload of halfling's leaf. The glow of the flame reveals a river of grey hair cutting through the landscape of his brown, matted mane. A sly grin creeps across his face as he recalls his first journey with the OG Party. He grips the hilt of his battle axe. It is time to muddy his boots once again.

6/6/19 11:46 PM
6/29/09

The original campaign...

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Let-play-Dungeons-and-Dragons-in-this-thread:2438948