16 days ago
7/24/14

Just read the thread about the gentleman losing his 9 year old niece to cancer.  About that time I received this text from an employee:

“Hey I'm sorry its late but my wife had complications with her pregnancy and is in surgery. I dont think I will be able to be there the rest of the week. I hope this is not a problem. If there is any issue just let me know and we can figure it out.”

They are about 7 months into her pregnancy.  I’m assuming things are going horribly wrong with a text like that.  The guy already has 1 son and is a good dad.  

Please hug your loved ones tonight.  The world is so vile and hateful, especially lately.  Bring some light into it.  Don’t bring hate.  We are all in this together.

if you’re struggling, talk to someone.  PM me.  I don’t know you, but I will talk to you.  Life is short.

God bless to all of the OG.  

16 days ago
5/13/05

TTT; we need some more positivity around here. Tell your employee someone from the OG wishes him and his family well in this time of need. 

15 days ago
4/11/10

Word

15 days ago
1/1/01

TTT

15 days ago
3/18/14

VU

15 days ago
10/5/05

Hope everything went well with the surgery.  

15 days ago
3/25/19

Thank you OP. Well said. I dont get along with all of you all the time, but I genuinely wish you all nothing the best. This life shit is fleeting. Please enjoy it and be happy. 

15 days ago
1/5/11

Clint (op), peace buddy.

I fight it out mentally all the time, fighting now. My daughter died in 2010 (5yo, cancer), and my wife currently has terminal cancer. My wife might pull out another year, but I'm thinking that's it.

My head is a fucking mess. It is, all the time. Put the above situations with constant hospital trips, a massive life-,threatening surgery of my own. Shit, it's been tough. Add in covid, the closing of a daughter's school, care of said 6 year old daughter. I could go on, it's been 10 years of hell. Looking at my poor puppy now, broke his leg on Saturday. Glad he will be ok though.

In life, you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. If you fuck up, don't ever make the same mistake. I drank a lot during the illnesses, probably to self medicate. Stopped booze 3 years ago, just made the decision to be better. Stopping booze is so much more important than people think. It physically wrecks you. I'm a big weed guy now, calms me down, assume I should be on meds, but a little weed to unwind helps.

Started Muay Thai, fucking love it. I don't really want to fight anyone my age though, as I suck. I'd love to fight like a whole hockey team of 10 year olds. I could beat the fuck out of a group like that. Always on the prowl for some kids or cats to kick.

Y'all have a good day, wherever you are. Give your loved ones a hug, you could lose anyone at any moment. That's why you gotta tell them you love them, make eye contact, just make sure people know you have their back.

Peace og, hope the day finds you well. Even you fucking democrats. I don't need to talk, just vent here sometimes and feel better after.

OG can be a good place, sucks that the political shit is ruining the place.

15 days ago
1/1/01
choadler -

Clint (op), peace buddy.

I fight it out mentally all the time, fighting now. My daughter died in 2010 (5yo, cancer), and my wife currently has terminal cancer. My wife might pull out another year, but I'm thinking that's it.

My head is a fucking mess. It is, all the time. Put the above situations with constant hospital trips, a massive life-,threatening surgery of my own. Shit, it's been tough. Add in covid, the closing of a daughter's school, care of said 6 year old daughter. I could go on, it's been 10 years of hell. Looking at my poor puppy now, broke his leg on Saturday. Glad he will be ok though.

In life, you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. If you fuck up, don't ever make the same mistake. I drank a lot during the illnesses, probably to self medicate. Stopped booze 3 years ago, just made the decision to be better. Stopping booze is so much more important than people think. It physically wrecks you. I'm a big weed guy now, calms me down, assume I should be on meds, but a little weed to unwind helps.

Started Muay Thai, fucking love it. I don't really want to fight anyone my age though, as I suck. I'd love to fight like a whole hockey team of 10 year olds. I could beat the fuck out of a group like that. Always on the prowl for some kids or cats to kick.

Y'all have a good day, wherever you are. Give your loved ones a hug, you could lose anyone at any moment. That's why you gotta tell them you love them, make eye contact, just make sure people know you have their back.

Peace og, hope the day finds you well. Even you fucking democrats. I don't need to talk, just vent here sometimes and feel better after.

Godspeed choadler, sounds like you're having a shit time and I hope things get better for you and your family. X

15 days ago
1/5/11
HULC -
choadler -

Clint (op), peace buddy.

Godspeed choadler, sounds like you're having a shit time and I hope things get better for you and your family. X

Im actually pretty fucking strong right now. Living in a different state right now, hard to explain. I've been under stress for like 10 yrs now.

Covid changed my entire life, wiped out some "stability" in our family. I went to work in a potentially dangerous covid icu, as we surged early spring. Saw a lot of tough shit there.

I have some understanding of psychology, work as a nurse. I completely believe I've been living in a fight or flight type mentality for maybe 8 months now. Would love to hear some psych assessment of where I am just for curiosity sake.

Can't say it's enjoyable being wound so tight, but it's made me functional, made me more prepared. I've simply cut the bullshit from my life.

I gotta say this, going through the whole ordeal with my daughter, it made her 2 older brothers into fucking superheros. Im very lucky for that. The oldest wants to be a doctor, and he is well on his way with one of the best gpa's in his incredible college. The other son is just a worker, all the time. Lazer focus. The loss if their sister could have brought them down, but it turned them into steel.

To brag about my son, took the hardest at his college this summer. He was one of 3 to get an A, out of 400+ students in the So fuck you cancer, because he is coming for you.

15 days ago
7/24/14
choadler -
HULC -
choadler -

Clint (op), peace buddy.

Im actually pretty fucking strong right now. Living in a different state right now, hard to explain. I've been under stress for like 10 yrs now.

Covid changed my entire life, wiped out some "stability" in our family. I went to work in a potentially dangerous covid icu, as we surged early spring. Saw a lot of tough shit there.

I have some understanding of psychology, work as a nurse. I completely believe I've been living in a fight or flight type mentality for maybe 8 months now. Would love to hear some psych assessment of where I am just for curiosity sake.

Can't say it's enjoyable being wound so tight, but it's made me functional, made me more prepared. I've simply cut the bullshit from my life.

I gotta say this, going through the whole ordeal with my daughter, it made her 2 older brothers into fucking superheros. Im very lucky for that. The oldest wants to be a doctor, and he is well on his way with one of the best gpa's in his incredible college. The other son is just a worker, all the time. Lazer focus. The loss if their sister could have brought them down, but it turned them into steel.

To brag about my son, took the hardest at his college this summer. He was one of 3 to get an A, out of 400+ students in the So fuck you cancer, because he is coming for you.

That is awesome that your kids are doing well.  What an awful ordeal.  As a dad, you have to process all this grief and still be there for people depending on you.  You don’t get to just check out.  Keep fighting the good fight man.  It can be easy to take the “why me” approach, but that gets you nowhere.  You put it good when you said in life you have to put one foot in front of the other.  Fuck quitting and fuck cancer.  

15 days ago
7/14/17

Ttt

15 days ago
2/5/05
choadler -
HULC -
choadler -

Clint (op), peace buddy.

I had a not so close buddy lose a child to cancer. It straightened out his life and he’s doing amazing, he was far from a mess beforehand but it seems to have simplified things and he and the rest of his family are living their best life. It’s always good to see when people springboard off tragedies instead of curl up and fall apart. 

good luck with everything. Keep it up. 

15 days ago
5/8/13

Positive thread, lovely. Good stuff.

15 days ago
1/14/09
It's scary to think that I have more yesterdays than tomorrows.
15 days ago
4/21/06
its really a blur how fast it goes
15 days ago
7/24/14
MrSmokalotapotamus -

Hope this is ok to post in here. This is my mother and these pictures are one year apart. My sister sent the first picture this morning. Shocking to see. Treat each other well while you can.

Nice looking ladies.  My mom is actually coming to visit this weekend and I think I will be much more appreciative of her than usual.  

15 days ago
7/24/14

So update on my employee.  They delivered the baby.  It weighs 1 lb 8 ounces.  The mom and baby are okay for now, but definitely not out of the woods.  Hoping for the best.  

15 days ago
3/19/04
choadler - 
HULC -
choadler -

Clint (op), peace buddy.

Your son sounds really strong, smart, and hard working. It's beautiful that he's that way and that he's bringing it full force into medicine, given the terrible loss of his sister. All the best.

Add me to the list of people you can reach out to if you're ever feeling down. I've taken my lumps in life. I don't talk about them much but I'd share them with you given what you've had to endure.

Edited: 15 days ago
7/30/03

I can remember a time when everything was great and life was so much fun. I know it's hard for someone who is in that state to understand a thread like this. I totally understand now though, life can be brutal.

Now I just look at life as a fight and I try to execute my "techniques and strategies" to make it as easy as possible but I realize it can be tough, really tough. I try to accept the pain when it occurs and just keep on fighting/living. Sometimes I fight/live with a lot of anger and I just drop my guard and say fuck fuck it, hit me, hit me again, you ain't got shit, because the pain ain't going to stop me. I can handle it. 

Edited: 15 days ago
4/21/10

Good opportunity to be there for your employee. Let them know they are okay (assuming you have the ability to do that). I hope everything turns out okay for them. You have a great opportunity to transcend the workplace and just prove there are good people out there by keeping his job safe. I am guessing you are already doing this but just mentioning it. I have a good friend at work whose wife is having a double lung transplant. They have to move out of state to do it. Every one of our bosses supports him fully but HR are being assholes about it. So, do what you can to stand up for him, that is not only the best thing you can do but only you can do it. 

Good luck to your employee, his wife, the baby, and his family. 

15 days ago
1/9/02
EastClintwood -

So update on my employee.  They delivered the baby.  It weighs 1 lb 8 ounces.  The mom and baby are okay for now, but definitely not out of the woods.  Hoping for the best.  

fuck

15 days ago
7/24/14
Phuckles -

Good opportunity to be there for your employee. Let them know they are okay (assuming you have the ability to do that). I hope everything turns out okay for them. You have a great opportunity to transcend the workplace and just prove there are good people out there by keeping his job safe. I am guessing you are already doing this but just mentioning it. I have a good friend at work whose wife is having a double lung transplant. They have to move out of state to do it. Every one of our bosses supports him fully but HR are being assholes about it. So, do what you can to stand up for him, that is not only the best thing you can do but only you can do it. 

Definitely.  I am his immediate supervisor, so I don't have a lot to offer in terms of monetary help.  However, the owner of our company is a good guy.  We're a small company--roughly 20 employees.  Our owner is going to swing by the hospital later and drop him off some care package stuff and probably some money.  Its a huge perk that I don't have to deal with HR and some of the crap that comes with working at a larger company.  Everyone is pulling for him and he will absolutely have his job if needs a month or so off.  We've been lucky through all of the shutdowns to stay afloat and stay busy.  

15 days ago
4/21/10
EastClintwood -
Phuckles -

Definitely.  I am his immediate supervisor, so I don't have a lot to offer in terms of monetary help.  However, the owner of our company is a good guy.  We're a small company--roughly 20 employees.  Our owner is going to swing by the hospital later and drop him off some care package stuff and probably some money.  Its a huge perk that I don't have to deal with HR and some of the crap that comes with working at a larger company.  Everyone is pulling for him and he will absolutely have his job if needs a month or so off.  We've been lucky through all of the shutdowns to stay afloat and stay busy.  

Good stuff man. Keep us posted too. 

15 days ago
6/22/03
gregbrady - 
EastClintwood -

fuck

You hear a surprising number of success stories in this situation. Best of luck to them.