OtherGround Forums Little Kaeps make a big stink at football game

10 days ago
4/3/08

Sounds like they got their asses handed to them and they couldn’t hang. 

10 days ago
11/17/10

my high school's football team was top 3 in the nation during my time and, without fail, when they;d play certain schools from urban districts, there'd be claims of racism and N bombs from the other team's parents, fans, players, etc.

i was/am friends with pretty much all the senior players that year and i'd vouch for all of them...none of them would ever say such things, let alone say it every single time they played those schools

10 days ago
12/16/11
In Limbo -

my high school's football team was top 3 in the nation during my time and, without fail, when they;d play certain schools from urban districts, there'd be claims of racism and N bombs from the other team's parents, fans, players, etc.

i was/am friends with pretty much all the senior players that year and i'd vouch for all of them...none of them would ever say such things, let alone say it every single time they played those schools

Lol @ “top 3 in the nation”.

Edited: 10 days ago
11/17/10
trobinson21 -
In Limbo -

Lol @ “top 3 in the nation”.

i dont know what polls or rankings they cited, but that's what it was in the late 90s

this is all i got from wiki

Football

Bergen Catholic has one of the most successful programs in New Jersey. The Crusaders are 17-time state champions (1963, 1965, 1966, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, and 2017.[16]), while holding an all-time record of 365-130-12.[citation needed] A record of 99-10 between 1990 and 1999 made Bergen Catholic the winningest football program in the state of New Jersey for the decade of the 1990s.[17] The undefeated 1992 team's championship game with Paramus Catholic High School, which Bergen won 44-34, was voted "Game of the Century" by the Bergen Record.[18] Quite possibly the most anticipated high school game in New Jersey history was their championship game in 1998, when BC won the Parochial Group IV championship by defeating rival St. Joseph Regional 35-9 in the final at Giants Stadium. The 1998 team finished with a 12-0 record,[19] and was ranked first in New Jersey, 9th in USA Today national poll, and was voted "Team of the Century" by Bergen Record.[

they arent doing too well this year, but last year's numbers

https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports/article/no-1-bergen-catholic-making-moves-in-national-rankings-ascends-into-top-5-in-pair-of-polls/

10 days ago
1/1/01

The town I used to live in is predominately white.

Years ago, their basketball team played a team from Gary who was ranked as the top in the area at that point in the season and beat them in OT.

Cries of racism and slurs coming from the student section were brought up, and a couple of "incidents" that happened.

Video and the investigation proved otherwise.

Funny thing was, the coach from Gary, while denouncing the falsely alleged racism and slurs called the town "a town full of lilly whites" and "crackers"

10 days ago
12/30/03
Mark1 -

comments from the MHSAA officials.

I played alot of football and the n-word does get dropped on the field but it's usually by some corn fed fullback or o-lineman who is trying to get the other team to attack them for it. More often than not, black players would just laugh in their faces or suggest that perhaps they were putting their n-word ding dongs in that players mother every night. 

The biggest fights I ever saw were caused by cheap shots and late hits. I was on a team and was 1 of maybe 5 white guys . We were a poor youth team and ended up traveling to a rich all white teams town to play. They had legit Dallas Cowboys gear and we had shitty mesh jerseys with a local bar's name across the front. We were losing and getting a bunch of penalties called on us for late hits and honestly it did seem really biased against us. 

Our coach pulled us aside and told us that on the next play he wanted every single one of us to show them what unsportsmanlike football looked like. When that ball got snapped, we beat the shit out of their players. Definitely not exactly what the coach had in mind. It was a full on mob beating on these kids. I'll never forget the look of panic on their faces. They didn't fight back at all. They ran to the side lines. Parents and coaches started getting into it and the game was called off. 

In my experience, the good team was probably chirping them about kneeling while they were spanking their ass. The shitty team took some liberties and if the n-word got used it was by a parent, not a player. 

10 days ago
12/2/05
Mark1 -

Here a link to highlights of the game.  The Almont team pretty much dominated the Denny team all game.  The cheap shots come in the last qtr mostly. 
https://youtu.be/7B98Orsj9uM

Mark

Lol all the comments are bitching about the calls. It seems that's what this was really about. Jawing over a football game. Also the Detroit team celebrated every tackle like they just won the game. 

10 days ago
12/16/11
In Limbo -

There is no such thing, hence my laughter.

Its impossible to name a national champion in high school, some writers have tried and they still do so for content but when they elect a 2 loss Mater Dei as champions it’s legitimately phony.

10 days ago
11/17/10
trobinson21 -
In Limbo -

Its impossible to name a national champion in high school, some writers have tried and they still do so for content but when they elect a 2 loss Mater Dei as champions it’s legitimately phony.

yeah, probably

it was just such huge buzz about the team at the time, they were on the wheaties box, had some reality show filmed, lots of local media hype, etc...

i do know they were def top tier, though

10 days ago
12/2/05
10 days ago
1/1/01
trobinson21 - 
In Limbo -

I dunno.

When I was in high school, USA Today used to give national rankings to high school teams

10 days ago
9/22/16
Fake Pie - 
Mark1 -

Here a link to highlights of the game.  The Almont team pretty much dominated the Denny team all game.  The cheap shots come in the last qtr mostly. 

Mark

Lol all the comments are bitching about the calls. It seems that's what this was really about. Jawing over a football game. Also the Detroit team celebrated every tackle like they just won the game. 

I watched the video, thanks Mark.

The Detroit players were wild and out of control towards the end. Making deliberately dirty plays, celebrating, then having a tantrum when penalized. This is going to be the summary of some players' entire life.

Also, did one of their coaches try to steal a flag from the refs? Around 11 minutes?
10 days ago
8/2/19
On the bright side this is one of the rare 'urban' conflicts where no guns were pulled.
10 days ago
5/15/15

Dindu nuffin

10 days ago
9/4/17
PatK -
trobinson21 - 
In Limbo -

I dunno.

When I was in high school, USA Today used to give national rankings to high school teams

This. Not that my high school would ever even win a conference title though lol. They tried to get me to play my junior year. Basketball coach said no but I didn't like him so I played. Played in one game and realized how bad we were so I quit. I wasn't down for getting my head bashed in for a shit team. 

10 days ago
6/26/06
While we're stuck on this kind of bs, Chinese kids are taking calc 2 and learning how to program killer robots. We're so doomed in 25-30 years.
10 days ago
1/14/06
PatK -

The town I used to live in is predominately white.

Years ago, their basketball team played a team from Gary who was ranked as the top in the area at that point in the season and beat them in OT.

Cries of racism and slurs coming from the student section were brought up, and a couple of "incidents" that happened.

Video and the investigation proved otherwise.

Funny thing was, the coach from Gary, while denouncing the falsely alleged racism and slurs called the town "a town full of lilly whites" and "crackers"

What town? I grew up in Munster. I never recall any problems when we played the Gary teams.

10 days ago
12/1/03
RenatoCocopreta - While we're stuck on this kind of bs, Chinese kids are taking calc 2 and learning how to program killer robots. We're so doomed in 25-30 years.

No doubt.
12/26/05
AnthonyWeiner -
Fake Pie - 
Mark1 -

Mark

I watched the video, thanks Mark.

The Detroit players were wild and out of control towards the end. Making deliberately dirty plays, celebrating, then having a tantrum when penalized. This is going to be the summary of some players' entire life.

Also, did one of their coaches try to steal a flag from the refs? Around 11 minutes?

I didnt see that really.

I saw a bunch of kids who hoped to win play emotionally and stupidly after the game started going south...the penalties were legit, but most of them were misplaced aggression out of the desperation of trying to make something happen.  

What happened after however, and the excuses made for it by adults for what appears to be tribal reasons is fucking disgusting.

10 days ago
12/2/05
Yeah there were some blocks in the back and other good calls but I didn't see them necessarily being super cheap. Too much celebrating though.
10 days ago
3/7/07

I saw this on racist Dl Hughelys IG and he linked it from a site claiming the boys were attacked and spit on but the video shows none of that. The video shows the boys screaming and going after people in the stands, the comments were vile.

10 days ago
10/4/18
I saw the coach pocket the flag then give it up.
10 days ago
12/10/16
Charles Barkley -

They claimed the police officers were calling their team racial slurs?

They literally claims every single person was calling them racial slurs. 

No need to call them something when they act like it and show it with their behavior. 

3/16/11
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME -
fanat - So, the n word caused the other team to play poorly?

First of all, you cant blame just one guy for the entire team playing poorly.

Second, you need to clean up your sentences in the future so they arent misunderstood.

If your referring to the comma after "so", it's a perfectly reasonable spot (even though it sounds weird). "So" is an address to a group adopted into common English from old English and viking Era common Scandinavian language. It's like saying "hey" before addressing a crowd.

Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf explains it in the foot notes if your wondering why I know such a useless bunch of jumbo mumbo. 

10 days ago
12/2/05
Pilgor the goat - 
SeattlesbigDprolapsedME -
fanat - So, the n word caused the other team to play poorly?

First of all, you cant blame just one guy for the entire team playing poorly.

Second, you need to clean up your sentences in the future so they arent misunderstood.

If your referring to the comma after "so", it's a perfectly reasonable spot (even though it sounds weird). "So" is an address to a group adopted into common English from old English and viking Era common Scandinavian language. It's like saying "hey" before addressing a crowd.

Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf explains it in the foot notes if your wondering why I know such a useless bunch of jumbo mumbo. 

LOL, no that's not what he was referring to. Read it again.