Edited: 4 days ago
4/20/11

I lost my job this past June, they kept me around for 3 weeks then gave me severance until 8/31. It fucking sucked. Still does because I was blown away that they chose to get rid of ME. I worked in a group of 2 people. I thought the other guy was going to get canned because he kept screwing up and he was a bit volatile. One time even getting into a verbal altercation with a female major bank representative on the phone. Degrading her.

Anyway... just 2 days ago... guess what happens? They had to let the other guy go because he was creating friction in the office with our former boss and colleagues!

If they had just kept me everything would still be running smoothly. 

Anyhow, my old boss was a douche and he picked apart every little thing I did in my review. Even though I did everything smoothly but quietly and he didn't appreciate that. I countered every little thing he nitpicked with facts but he said I was "deflecting."

I believe my old boss was a Narcissist and needed people to kiss his ass more than he needed people to run things smoothly.

It has costed me at least $50k in lost compensation to date. I got a new job at a lesser rate and it will cost me about $80k to $100k in total.

The amount of despair and stress I felt getting down to my last dollars I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Brutal experience. I've lost a lot.

I'm super miserable and pissed still about it.

4 days ago
12/22/18

Mcdonalds don't give a fuck if the burger king fired you. Go walk in there and get that job.

4 days ago
12/2/05

Did you retrace your steps?

4 days ago
1/24/15

Judging by the amount of questions and feedback OP has responded to I'm guessing he really got fired for being a lazy fuck.

4 days ago
2/19/06
ABCTT Dos - 

Judging by the amount of questions and feedback OP has responded to I'm guessing he really got fired for being a lazy fuck.

Maybe he found a new job already.

4 days ago
8/11/12
Willin -

I lost my job this past June, they kept me around for 3 weeks then gave me severance until 8/31. It fucking sucked. Still does because I was blown away that they chose to get rid of ME. I worked in a group of 2 people. I thought the other guy was going to get canned because he kept screwing up and he was a bit volatile. One time even getting into a verbal altercation with a female major bank representative on the phone. Degrading her.

Anyway... just 2 days ago... guess what happens? They had to let the other guy go because he was creating friction in the office with our former boss and colleagues!

Anyhow, my old boss was a douche and he picked apart every little thing I did in my review. Even though I did everything smoothly but quietly and he didn't appreciate that. I countered every little thing he nitpicked with facts but he said I was "deflecting."

I believe my old boss was a Narcissist and needed people to kiss his ass more than he needed people to run things smoothly.

It has costed me at least $50k in lost compensation to date. I got a new job at a lesser rate and it will cost me about $80k to $100k in total.

The amount of despair and stress I felt getting down to my last dollars I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Brutal experience. I've lost a lot.

Cheer up dude, it's a job and there are a million more. Nobody died fuck it. 

4/20/11
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

Eh, tryin. Pretty depressing. Really don't like this current job. Big step down but had to take it to stay afloat and not lose my apartment. A large part of the reason I lost my job was because I dated a sociopathic woman (learned that later) who was destroying my life.

4 days ago
8/11/12
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

Eh, tryin. Pretty depressing. Really don't like this current job. Big step down but had to take it to stay afloat and not lose my apartment. A large part of the reason I lost my job was because I dated a sociopathic woman (learned that later) who was destroying my life.

I know it's not easy but do your absolute best to stay positive,  the future looks good man. I'm an extremely negative person by default and I tell myself every minute of every day to just think positive,  it always works out better. Keep looking fora better job while working at your current one, block out the trash people. Figure out a way to get yourself on autopilot during work hours and live your life after.

4/20/11
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

I know it's not easy but do your absolute best to stay positive,  the future looks good man. I'm an extremely negative person by default and I tell myself every minute of every day to just think positive,  it always works out better. Keep looking fora better job while working at your current one, block out the trash people. Figure out a way to get yourself on autopilot during work hours and live your life after.

Thanks for the words, man. Really. I've been struggling hardcore since June of last year. Had to borrow money from family to get by, etc - which I hate doing. This time of year I'd usually be getting a bonus and living pretty happily but now I'm paycheck to paycheck for the forseeable future.

Primarily because I fell in love with someone exactly like Amber Heard who destroyed Johnny Depp's life. Fucking bummer. The worst part has been dealing with the depression of that and what it lead to.

I like the idea of autopilot. I struggle staying motivated nowadays. I get really bad blues being stuck in an office all day having to re-establish myself at a very inferior firm. I'll have to focus on autopilot. 

Thanks again - have a nice weekend.

4 days ago
6/9/16
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

Thanks for the words, man. Really. I've been struggling hardcore since June of last year. Had to borrow money from family to get by, etc - which I hate doing. This time of year I'd usually be getting a bonus and living pretty happily but now I'm paycheck to paycheck for the forseeable future.

Primarily because I fell in love with someone exactly like Amber Heard who destroyed Johnny Depp's life. Fucking bummer. The worst part has been dealing with the depression of that and what it lead to.

I like the idea of autopilot. I struggle staying motivated nowadays. I get really bad blues being stuck in an office all day having to re-establish myself at a very inferior firm. I'll have to focus on autopilot. 

Turn that relationship-gone-wrong into a best-selling book, or a screenplay, or a hit song. Christ, Taylor Swift does it all the time. 

$$PROFIT$$

;)

4 days ago
3/14/04

For me it's the opposite. I've voluntarily left great jobs to take a lesser job.

I kick myself in the ass every day.

4 days ago
4/6/12
Taco Muncher -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

Turn that relationship-gone-wrong into a best-selling book, or a screenplay, or a hit song. Christ, Taylor Swift does it all the time. 

$$PROFIT$$

;)

Or at least a thread. I'd read it

12/18/08

It will be okay OP 

MrNiceGuy was working for an organization for 23 years in an office job. He was retiring there... One day they told him they were downsizing and let him go with a pretty fat severance. He was so upset cause he puts his heart in everything.  7 months later a friend of ours got him a job for a Playground equipment company making less than half of what he was previously making.  He ended up loving the job and after 3 months he was the lead in that department and travelling all over the states to install these games and repair previous ones. This is his fourth year there and last week he got a promotion and now hes the lead of the whole entire operation and making more money than he could've ever imagined. 

This may be a blessing in disguise! Be sad for the weekend, get a little pissed up and Monday pound that pavement and find your dream job! 

Keep thinking better things are coming and keep moving and you will be happy! Cheers! You got this! 

4 days ago
4/20/11
Taco Muncher -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

$$PROFIT$$

;)

I already wrote the introduction to a screenplay called Sans Merci about the experience while integrating my life experiences which led to that point. A psychological thriller similar to Gone Girl.

Perhaps I'll post the intro on here for kicks.

4 days ago
4/24/07
Hulk74 - 

So I lost my job. Would appreciate words of encouragement. Anddddddd go

Shouldn't be hard to find another and the pool of people looking for jobs right now is so polluted with mouth breathing retards that it should be pretty easy to land back on your feet. Best of luck

4 days ago
6/22/11

I lost my job last September 2018 after 12 years. Now, at a job which pays more. My life still moved forward. Apply for unemployment, take a week to chill and regroup, then jobhunt like it was your job. We now have two new vehicles and about to close on a new house. Losing your job is one of the Iscariest thing that will happen to you, but don't let it define you. 

4 days ago
3/16/16
Taco Muncher -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

$$PROFIT$$

;)

Yeah dude! Just have your dad buy a record label and push your autotuned music.

4 days ago
6/30/07
Heystro -

That Sucks. I quit mine. I'm feelling down and on a blow and booze bender.

Knock it off

4 days ago
6/9/16
Willin -
Taco Muncher -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -
Balls Mahoney -
Willin -

$$PROFIT$$

;)

I already wrote the introduction to a screenplay called Sans Merci about the experience while integrating my life experiences which led to that point. A psychological thriller similar to Gone Girl.

Perhaps I'll post the intro on here for kicks.

Do it! Good on ya!