OtherGround Forums Mass Shooting California Bar

14 days ago
1/1/01

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/california-shooting-thousand-oaks-borderline-bar-grill-active-shooter-latest-ventura-county-police-a8623341.html

14 days ago
1/1/01

At least one officer has been injured, according to local media, after police were called to the Borderline Bar and Grill at around 11.30pm local time.

Ventura County Fire Department issued a statement saying: "Ongoing active shooter incident reported at Borderline in Thousand Oaks.

14 days ago
5/22/05
It's been what 10 days since the synagogue shooting?
14 days ago
2/20/09

In for info.

when some shit goes down, this place is great at getting it put together.

14 days ago
9/24/07

Reports are all over the place, info-wise. Shooter was a white male (possibly) wearing a black trenchcoat (possibly) used smoke bombs and an auto pistol of some sort (possibly). Up to 11 shot, suspect still not in custody, unsure if those shot are wounded or dead. 

14 days ago
9/24/07

News showed at least 1 casualty, pronounced at the scene. Last reports were they were clearing the scene but that the suspect was confined to the building (Borderline Bar &  Grill). 

14 days ago
9/24/07

Some type of "college night" thing with several local Ventura Country colleges taking part. 

14 days ago
9/24/07

Shooter reported as short and fat, "came in with a purpose". Shooter reported dead and still on location. Unknown if self-inflicted or brought down by first responders. 1 deputy wounded, condition unknown but not thought to be life-threatening. 

13 days ago
12/27/10

Fucking horrible, as always. 

So the target was a country music dance hall, is that right?

Edited: 13 days ago
11/23/11

11 dead including a police sergeant.

RIP TO THE VICTIMS

war guns!

war nra!

13 days ago
11/23/11

13 days ago
7/15/15

Horrible. Saying a prayer for the poor souls that were lost. 

13 days ago
1/1/01

Terrible.

RIP to the victims 

13 days ago
1/20/11

Awful. 

13 days ago
11/13/14

ugh

1/1/14

A Ventura County sheriff’s deputy is among those killed in the Borderline Bar & Grill shooting.

Sgt. Ron Helus had been on the force for 29 years and was one of the first officers on the scene in response to 911 calls of shots fired. He was looking to retire in the "next year or so," Sheriff Geoff Dean told reporters.

The sergeant died in hospital, Dean added.

"Ron was a hardworking dedicated sheriff's sergeant. He was totally committed, he gave his all and tonight, as I told his wife, he died a hero; he went into save lives, to save other people," Dean said, his voice breaking with emotion.

Latest report shows thirteen dead including the shooter.

13 days ago
6/6/02

Awful news. Rip to the victims.

Did any information come out on the shooter? 

13 days ago
1/1/14
fanat - 

Awful news. Rip to the victims.

Did any information come out on the shooter? 

So far all I've read is that he had a beard and a beanie, nothing else about his appearance or any sort of motive whatsoever.

13 days ago
7/1/09

13 days ago
1/1/01
Horrible
13 days ago
1/1/01
Hikikomori -

11 dead including a police sergeant.

RIP TO THE VICTIMS

war guns!

war nra!

Well you didn’t miss a moment did you... You realize it’s fucking California, right? The guns were probably illegal and the magazines and smoke bombs definitely are.

13 days ago
6/26/06
Comncealed carry is not allowed in drinking establishments, but in my world the 2A trumps that stuipid rule. Had I been drinking at that joint things would have been different.

I would have swiss cheesed that muzzie/antifa/sjw with a quickness.
13 days ago
10/10/06
RenatoCocopreta - Comncealed carry is not allowed in drinking establishments, but in my world the 2A trumps that stuipid rule. Had I been drinking at that joint things would have been different.

Yup. Too bad you weren't there.

13 days ago
11/12/11
RenatoCocopreta - Comncealed carry is not allowed in drinking establishments, but in my world the 2A trumps that stuipid rule. Had I been drinking at that joint things would have been different.

A lot of ways that could play out differently.

A. You don’t have a clear field of fire (it’s a crowded bar) and instead of being a hero you contribute to the causality count.

B. You are understandably confused for another killer and are gunned down yourself by responding police or even another Charles Bronson.

C. In a chaotic environment that to be expected with any mass shooting you can mistakenly engage with someone like an off duty cop or bouncer/security.

11/9/10

Thousand Oaks is where my brother lives. I grew up there. I also have cousins that live in the area. This is sad it's such a safe quite largely upper middle class suburb you don't think this shit will happen there.