OtherGround Forums Meanwhile in Baghdad...

10 days ago
10/13/02

The first question I always get is “What do you miss most about where you came from?”

There isn’t much I miss but I miss the desert nights for sure. It’s 115 degrees everyday in August and 80 at night. We used to sleep on the roof at night this time of year. We wet the roof down and cooled it off first. We ate, drank and smoked cigars. Always laughter and stories. The stars in the desert are amazing at night. When I moved in with my wife’s family I went from 2 families in a tiny hut to a large complex on the river. The roofs were flat not like here with pitch’s. That’s all I really miss. Evan Tanner hiked the deserts when he was alive. He was my favorite fighter. He told me there was nothing more spiritual than walking the desert at night. I understood him. All day I have been remembering the times with my grandfather when he was younger and vibrant. Good times bruh!

10 days ago
10/13/02

10 days ago
3/20/12

RIP EVAN T

I take it you came from Money when you were over there?

Sounds nice at night...I hate heat though so days suck...I am lebanese hairy

10 days ago
7/13/09

is it a dry 120 or a humid 120?

10 days ago
10/13/02
Rambo John J -

RIP EVAN T

I was dirt poor. Wife came from money. Her bedroom was bigger than my dads entire house.

10 days ago
10/13/02
JJitsu -

is it a dry 120 or a humid 120?

Dry but we had water over there. There were lakes and rivers. 

10 days ago
10/13/02
Rambo John J -

RIP EVAN T

I have the same hair genes. Fuck! I hate it. Please don’t light a match close to me. Lol 

10 days ago
7/31/09

82 at night sounds like hell tbh.

10 days ago
11/21/05

SAMSON!!

Love your threads.

10 days ago
4/9/16

Just a good, cool thread brother. VU. 

10 days ago
10/13/02

Which one of you bought my bluename last feb?

10 days ago
5/14/08

I would guess you wake up pretty early from the sun rise and the increasing heat?

10 days ago
10/14/10

Here’s to marrying well!

If you grow up in that heat, is it oppressive?

10 days ago
3/20/15
Slydawg - 

Which one of you bought my bluename last feb?

Might of been me.....I was drunk and blueing dudes left and left......

10 days ago
3/23/07

I don't miss it, TBH lol

10 days ago
5/8/11

i wish i had better memories of that place...

10 days ago
1/1/01
Celcius or farenheit?
10 days ago
11/17/10

My dad worked as an expat in Saudi for a year and a half back in the 80sstill have a crucifix he got from some catholic church in baghdad

I remembered him saying how he looked forward to his weekends out of saudi and usually to iraq or somewhere in jordan for the weekend

He had a former schoolmate living in baghdad at the time and would stay with him

10 days ago
6/23/10
Squatdog - Celcius or farenheit?

If that was celcius, you'd be fucked.

10 days ago
5/8/11
In Limbo -

My dad worked as an expat in Saudi for a year and a half back in the 80sstill have a crucifix he got from some catholic church in baghdad

I remembered him saying how he looked forward to his weekends out of saudi and usually to iraq or somewhere in jordan for the weekend

He had a former schoolmate living in baghdad at the time and would stay with him

baghdad used to be the place where everything was possible...beirut too...

10 days ago
7/10/02
Slydawg - 
Rambo John J -

RIP EVAN T

I was dirt poor. Wife came from money. Her bedroom was bigger than my dads entire house.

Damn. Great score, playboy!
10 days ago
10/13/02
In Limbo -

Catholic? Very good chance it was my in-laws church. The services were in mostly Aramaic language. I can’t speak it. The services there were very cool though. I started going with wife’s family long before I moved in with them. 

10 days ago
10/13/02

Fnunderful/Sagiv,

Were you guys military enlisted? 

10 days ago
3/20/15
Slydawg - 
In Limbo -

Catholic? Very good chance it was my in-laws church. The services were in mostly Aramaic language. I can’t speak it. The services there were very cool though. I started going with wife’s family long before I moved in with them. 

Hey Sly, Off topic sort of, but I went to christmas mass in Mexico back when I was a youngster and it was all in Latin........had no clue what was going on except for the visual clues like, here's the bread and here's the wine....

10 days ago
7/15/17

move to New Mexico same temp same climate .. same poverty if you live on the Rez