OtherGround Forums Metamucil two-week challenge

11 days ago
11/21/19
fullytorqued -

Just started as well. Didn't know you were suppose to ease into it. Started out two heaping spoons into 8oz of water twice yesterday and today.

Oh boy...

Nice knowing you.

You'll be fine.

10 days ago
12/29/14

Just got mine today. You all just do one dose a day? Morning or evening, or doesn't matter?

10 days ago
11/17/10
KeezyDoesIt -
In Limbo -

took my first dose last night

but I drank 3 10% beers and ate wings so I dont expect this first shit to be great

didnt have time to do my morning shit bc of the baby and had to run to work, so Ive been reverse shitting in my office all day

cant wait to shit when i get home

What the hell is reverse shitting

holding in your shit as it is about to explode out of your ass by clenching and sucking in your asshole ring muscle thingy

10 days ago
3/14/04
fullytorqued - 

Just started as well. Didn't know you were suppose to ease into it. Started out two heaping spoons into 8oz of water twice yesterday and today.

Oh boy...

You'll be fine. You're just going to take a massive life-changing shit at some point soon.
10 days ago
3/14/04
Homeless in the cold - 

Just got mine today. You all just do one dose a day? Morning or evening, or doesn't matter?

I prefer one dose a day in the evening after dinner.
10 days ago
8/29/09

I'm 36 hours in.  Took first dose yesterday morning, second today. So far, no poops. 

A side note, I drank enough last night I would usually have a terrible hangover. Felt great this morning. 

Still, I'm concerned about no poops yet. I feel like when it happens I'm going to give Randy Marsh a run for his money. 

10 days ago
8/17/05

Took one teaspoon in the morning and two teaspoons at night. Let’s see what happenes tomorrow morning

10 days ago
3/14/04
Bad Monkey - 

I'm 36 hours in.  Took first dose yesterday morning, second today. So far, no poops. 

A side note, I drank enough last night I would usually have a terrible hangover. Felt great this morning. 

Still, I'm concerned about no poops yet. I feel like when it happens I'm going to give Randy Marsh a run for his money. 

36 hours without taking a shit? Dude, you don't need metamucil, you need magnesium citrate and prune juice. Chug a bottle of mag citrate, chase it with at least 24 oz. of water, don't leave your house or be farther away than literally 5 seconds from a toilet for the next 6 hours.
10 days ago
4/21/10

I wanna shot like a champ. Challenge accepted. 

Question: does it matter when you take it? Like, do I take it with a meal? Do I take it in the AM? At night?

10 days ago
10/10/02

As somebody who is about 10 years ahead of the challenge.

The proper way to do it.

Take 1 TABLESPOON / 3 servings @ once before bed with 500ml of water. Wake up and enjoy !

10 days ago
3/14/04
Phuckles - 

Question: does it matter when you take it? Like, do I take it with a meal? Do I take it in the AM? At night?

I prefer at night so I shit in the morning or early afternoon.

The nice thing is it's not a laxative effect. It won't give you an uncontrollable explosive shit, just a healthy giant shit. Obviously once you have to shit it'll suck to have to hold it in but it's just like holding in a normal shit.
10 days ago
8/29/09
angryinch -
Bad Monkey - 

36 hours without taking a shit? Dude, you don't need metamucil, you need magnesium citrate and prune juice. Chug a bottle of mag citrate, chase it with at least 24 oz. of water, don't leave your house or be farther away than literally 5 seconds from a toilet for the next 6 hours.

Dude, I shit every day until I took this. 

And it's 36 hours since my first dose, so probably 40 since I last dumped. 

But I think something big is about to happen.  I can feel it. 

I may have to have Alto make me a poop knife. 

10 days ago
4/21/10
angryinch -
Phuckles - 

I prefer at night so I shit in the morning or early afternoon.

The nice thing is it's not a laxative effect. It won't give you an uncontrollable explosive shit, just a healthy giant shit. Obviously once you have to shit it'll suck to have to hold it in but it's just like holding in a normal shit.

Awesome I'm gonna do this. 

10 days ago
3/14/04
Bad Monkey - 
angryinch -
Bad Monkey - 

are you drinking enough water?

One thing to keep in mind is that it does tend to slow your digestion so it can take a while for the first dose to take effect.
10 days ago
8/29/09
angryinch -
Bad Monkey - 
angryinch -
Bad Monkey - 

are you drinking enough water?

One thing to keep in mind is that it does tend to slow your digestion so it can take a while for the first dose to take effect.

I typically drink a lot of water, but I was a little dehydrated from drinking last night. Probably only drank a half gallon today. When I finish my beer I'll drink another quart of water. 

Edited: 10 days ago
3/23/12

In for when Bad Monkey finally shits.

What is the best method to use psyllium husk to combat hangovers?

10 days ago
3/14/04
youarewhatiswrong - 

never heard of that. hangovers can be helped by not getting dehydrated. Drink a shit ton of water. Even if you have to wake up every 30 minutes to piss, keep drinking water and you can make the hangover not as bad as it would have been.
10 days ago
8/29/09
youarewhatiswrong -

Thanks for the support. 

I just took a dose of Metamucil, then a couple hours later toast our fallen OGers and then kept on trucking.  That would normally have me waking up with a splitting headache. Could be a coincidence, but it was mentioned as a hangover cure in the thread so...

10 days ago
3/23/12
angryinch -
youarewhatiswrong - 

never heard of that. hangovers can be helped by not getting dehydrated. Drink a shit ton of water. Even if you have to wake up every 30 minutes to piss, keep drinking water and you can make the hangover not as bad as it would have been.

Several people in this thread have mentioned it helping hangovers. Probably due to it slowing the absorption of sugars and trapping the water and carrying it into the large intestine for slower absorption.  

10 days ago
1/1/01

In-teresting

10 days ago
5/24/18

Bad monkey. Gotta drink more water. It can constpiate you if you’re dehydrated. Learn from my past mistakes.  

10 days ago
7/2/07
Assumed thread title was a joke no idea legit thing and so highly regarded by OG
10 days ago
8/29/09

I ended up drinking 3 quarts of water before I went to bed. Something is brewing, but it's not happening fast enough for me.

I'm off to buy the worlds strongest laxative.  The McDonalds sausage egg and cheese McGriddle  

10 days ago
7/2/07
Bad Monkey - 

I ended up drinking 3 quarts of water before I went to bed. Something is brewing, but it's not happening fast enough for me.

I'm off to buy the worlds strongest laxative.  The McDonalds sausage egg and cheese McGriddle  

Don't let these guys scare you.

Know of people that did not like using public restrooms when they traveled they went many days without using the ol #2 ... Not on purpose they were not doing intentionally but just locking up from traveling and not wanting to use public restrooms was the story I heard.
9 days ago
8/29/09
williepep -
Bad Monkey - 

Don't let these guys scare you.

Know of people that did not like using public restrooms when they traveled they went many days without using the ol #2 ... Not on purpose they were not doing intentionally but just locking up from traveling and not wanting to use public restrooms was the story I heard.

I'm not worried, I've went a few days before, but had been regular until I started the Metamucil.   In line at McDs now. Something big is about to happen. If that doesn't do it, it's chipotle for lunch.