OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

Edited: 1 day ago
11/20/09

Image result for vick dog hang

t wasn't just his property and he claimed he was unaware. That was his initial claim, however....

A legal court document(State of Facts) accusing him of his direct involvement, and presence, of the torture and killing of 6-8 dogs via hanging, drowning, and slamming to death, he signed to be true and correct. These were the dogs that lost, not that it makes a difference. And these are the only ones and methods he admitted guilt to.

Can you imagine, an already beat up bloodied dog that just fought trying everything in it's power to please you, only to lose, and then have it's master hang you, or slam you on hard pavement, or hold you under water until life is gone? A dog's eyes, looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes, as the last thing it see's?

People defend Vick.

They say, "it was the culture he grew up in".

Funny, these same people NEVER say regarding Chicago gang bangers, "well, it's just the culture they grew up in".

These same people NEVER say, "well, the man who molested the kids, was molested as a child. It was the culture he grew up in".

Yet Vick gets a pass because, "it was his culture". Logic should be consistent.

People will say, "He served his time, he paid his debt to society".
To those people I ask, if Jarrod from Subway gets out of prison, and gets a cushion job where he's on tv, is it okay because he too, "served his time"?

People will say, "what Vick did was wrong, but in the grand scheme of things, no single person did more to bring to light animal abuse, than what Vick did".

Okay, so in a few years when a bunch of high profile pedophile rings get busted, are these same people going to say "Jeffrey Epstein, in the grand scheme of things, did more to expose child pedophilia than any single person did"?

He NEVER should have been allowed back as a player in the NFL, let alone be an "Honorary" pro bowl captain.

And of the four captains, Vick's on the field production is the least out of the four.

Bruce Smith does things like create organizations that help kids in Africa who were born with cleft faces, get surgerys to fix their cleft.
Bruce Smith is a 2time Defensive player of the year, leads the NFL in most tackles by a defensive lineman, and leads the NFL in most sacks by any player of all time. He isn't in the limelight, but he does good on his own, not after he's been caught, because Bruce Smith hasn't been caught doing foul shit, unlike Michael Vick.

/rant

Image may contain: 1 person, text

9 days ago
4/13/12

He'll always be Ron Mexico to me.  Fucking POS.

9 days ago
11/20/09
EFM - 

I know other's will google Ron Mexico like I just did, because I 100% had never heard of him before. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/07/who-heck-ron-mexico/312971/

9 days ago
12/29/09

^Same

9 days ago
6/6/19

Who gives a shit?  He served his time. Move on. 

9 days ago
3/7/03

Hes a sociopath

/end thread

9 days ago
4/13/12
D241 -
EFM - 

I know other's will google Ron Mexico like I just did, because I 100% had never heard of him before. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/07/who-heck-ron-mexico/312971/

I thought this part of the story was the most interesting 

https://thinkprogress.org/sorry-you-just-missed-your-chance-to-buy-a-ron-mexico-nfl-jersey-88b315d799bc/

9 days ago
12/29/09

I lived in his home town for a couple years, on the white side of town lol

9 days ago
1/12/10
Broadway Joe -

Who gives a shit?  He served his time. Move on. 

This. 

He showed true remorse for what he did and hasn’t been in a stitch of trouble since. In fact, he helped get legislation past where watching dog fighting is actually a crime, while working closely with the Humane Society to rescue fighting dogs. 

9 days ago
2/5/06
I have to preface this by saying I in no way condone or excuse what he did...It's disgusting and he's a POS for it.

"Can you imagine, an already beat up bloodied dog that just fought trying everything in it's power to please you, only to lose, and then have it's master hang you, or slam you on hard pavement, or hold you under water until life is gone? A dog's eyes, looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes, as the last thing it see's?"

You're over emotional here..., like a hallmark movie
They weren't fighting to please him, they were fighting to win, to survive. They weren't his pets, they weren't used to love and compassion from this man...they never experienced that.

"looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes"

Come on man, Dogs do not cry with emotion, those dogs were full on survival mode their entire lives...they didn't look back at Vick with a "why has thou art forsaken me" moment....they were scared the way a zebra is scared when a lion is chasing them....it was primal, not emotional.

You've been able to take a pretty shitty scenario and make it kinda funny.
9 days ago
11/20/09

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

He can work in the background, he doesn't need to be in the limelight.

9 days ago
12/29/09

Yeah, he should be the janitor. lol jk

9 days ago
2/15/18

Good thing that federal law (about animal cruelty) that Trump just implemented wasn't around. That bastard would never be heard from again!

9 days ago
12/29/09
Alexander13 - 

Good thing that federal law (about animal cruelty) that Trump just implemented wasn't around. That bastard would never be heard from again!

Good, I mean Vick did his time, but going forward get rid of them. 

9 days ago
11/28/08
Alexander13 -

The Animal Welfare Act is from 1966. The PACT Act doesn’t have to do with dog fighting.

Edited: 9 days ago
7/6/14

So funny all you guys say he is a piece of shit but yeah when a pit bull bites a kid or another dog or whatever ppl say to get rid of the breed all together.... What is it ? Are you against  Vick or with pitbulls? Seems like a lot of grey area.

9 days ago
2/5/06
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

Yeah!

He should never be able to make a living again!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

If you don't like it, you can change the fucking channel
9 days ago
1/1/01

Viva Ron Mexico!

9 days ago
2/5/06
thebehemoth73 - 

So funny all you guys say he is a piece of shit but yeah when a pit bull bites a kid or another dog or whatever ppl say to get rid of the breed all together.... What is it ? Are you against  Vick or with pitbulls? Seems like a lot of grey area.

Are you not able to compartmentalize the difference?
9 days ago
5/15/07
CaptainWoody -
D241 - 

Yeah!

He should never be able to make a living again!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

If you don't like it, you can change the fucking channel

I have to agree with Woody. Michael Vick will always be a total shitbag to me but he served his time so my feelings should mean nothing as to how he lives his life. 

9 days ago
7/6/14
CaptainWoody -
thebehemoth73 - 

Ppl on THIS forum say that pitbulls shouldn't exist. So why the fuck should they care what Vick does to these dogs ? I own 2 amstaffs and can't stand when ppl talk bad about the breed yet will bash the shit out of dog fighters. Ppl don't want the breed to exist. So they shouldn't care what he did. 

9 days ago
2/5/06
thebehemoth73 - 
CaptainWoody -
thebehemoth73 - 

Ppl on THIS forum say that pitbulls shouldn't exist. So why the fuck should they care what Vick does to these dogs ? I own 2 amstaffs and can't stand when ppl talk bad about the breed yet will bash the shit out of dog fighters. Ppl don't want the breed to exist. So they shouldn't care what he did. 

So you can't

That's all you had to say
9 days ago
1/11/11

Lots of pitbulls are shitty. What Michael Vick did to pitbulls was shitty. Lots of pitbulls are shitty because of people like Michael Vick. Lots of pitbulls are just wired wrong and are shitty all on their own. 

9 days ago
1/11/11

Pitbulls and Michael Vick can be both be shitty. Michael Vick being beaten/abused for years would be considered shitty by many (but not by all).  

9 days ago
2/5/06

Dude?