OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/4/19 5:02 PM
12/2/05

No worries man, this is not serious bidness to me. I don't even really care that Vick is going to the pro bowl. I disagree with it but I wouldn't have even bothered debating it if not for some of the comments I found odd in here. I was more interested in some of the statements being thrown around. Again, I have no issue with people who are good with him now, I just think there's better logic than some of the arguments being used.

12/4/19 5:17 PM
11/20/09
Fake Pie -
CaptainWoody - 
Fake Pie - 
CaptainWoody -
D241 - 
Fake Pie - 
donkypunch55 -

I think he's a reprehensible person for what he did.  
I also think he's paid for it and deserves to be able to move on and make a living.

No need for the two opinions to be mutually exclusive.

Again no one is saying he shouldn't make a living. 

How far does the he's paid for it thing go?  Would you say that about Jared when he gets out if he starts speaking out against pedos? 

I know you quoted donkypunch, but everyone defending Vick can also see this point you are making and I just want to say, you are not the only one to take notice that not a single person is going out of there way to try to answer that.

They don't want to realize they hypocrisy in their own stance.  

Are you two so mentally retarded that you cannot see the difference in dogs and human children?

If there's no difference to you and you think you're comparing apples to apples, I think we can just end this conversation.

Well that's the point though. People saying he did his time and not qualifying it and saying well some crimes shouldn't be forgiven. If you agree with the latter statement, guess what point this thread is making? 

10 pages and you've reduced it down to "The crime he did shouldn't be forgiven", that's the point of the thread now? The point of the thread and OP is that he shouldn't be on TV.

You keep reminding us "He can do other jobs" "We're not saying he shouldn't be able to work elsewhere and make a living"

Why should he be able to do those other jobs and make a living? He committed an unforgivable crime to you. Why talk about the NFL and TV? That's secondary, shouldn't your argument be he should be in prison for the rest of his life? That's what we do with people who commit unforgivable crimes.

You're moving the goalpost now because you made a really dumb comparison between dogs and children to try and make a point.

I guess I thought this was clear enough but sorry if not. I will try again:

You clearly also think there are crimes bad enough that someone should not get high profile jobs, but you probably would still want them to work some sort of honest job when they are out of jail. Like I bet you think Jared could be a janitor (obviously not at a school) when he gets out, but I bet if he did n anti pedo advocacy, you still wouldn't want anyone paying him millions in a cush media job or making him a spokesman again, correct?

NO I AM NOT COMPARING WHAT VICK DID TO MOLESTATION. I am using an extreme example to make the point.

So to me, what Vick did crosses that line. Obviously not to you. If you agree with the Jared example though, you clearly agree with the premise, you just don't think Vick crossed the line, so we can stop saying crap like WHAT HE CAN NEVER WORK AGAIN? And HE DID HIS TIME! That's my point as best as I can explain it. Hope it makes sense.

This is really the entire point I have been trying to make.  You not only grasp it but perhaps make the point better than I have been trying to. 

Lmfao though at "not at a school though" ha ha. Unintentional comedy right there.

Jarrod from subway and a little girl are walking in the forrest at night. 
The little girl turns to Jarrod and says, "I don't like it out here, it's scary."

Jarrod replies "How do you think I feel?  I have to walk back by myself"

12/4/19 5:19 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

I understand people will have different opinions.

What my issue is, is how the basis of their opinions, their logic, is not consistent.

The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice, and shunned him for his off the field actions, which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were.  To my understanding Ray Rice and his girlfriend are still together, but Ray Rice isn't being endorsed by the league, but Michael Vick is.

No one seems to be addressing this disparity.  If you're okay with Michael Vick being an NFL commentator, and being asked to be an NFL honorary pro bowl legends coach, then if you are consistent, you would suggest that Ray Rice has served his punishment, seems to have shown remorse, and should be re-instated by the NFL.

No one is saying that though, are they?

My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture".  How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand?  Is the cutoff dogfighting?  Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child.  I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from".

Michael Vick is a free man, he served his time.  I get that.  Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?

Source Rice is banned from the NFL?

Has he ever attempted to obtain a commentator or coach position?

Did Rice serve his punishment? If so what was it?

List all his efforts to decrease domestic violence since completing knocking a female unconscious and dragging her around by her hair.

Source?  https://time.com/3329351/ray-rice-timeline/

The more appropriate question, is has anyone offered, which you can take a wild stab at that one.

Yes and no.  No because he avoided trial.  What Ray Rice did, didn't even go to trial where as Vick, the guy you are defending for several pages, went to prison, for 23 months.  Rice however, was asked to complete a year long anger management course which he successfully completed.

According to the CBS report, the NFL confirmed that Ray Rice works with the league on its domestic violence education program

"They're trying to do the right thing ... I know they are working with groups to try to get more of an understanding. And they're doing the work. ... I know the NFL

So there you have it.  What crime had more punishment Ray Rice or Michael Vick? Michael Vick.  

Is there evidence both have done things for the cause they originally were in trouble for?  Yes.

Were they both banned from the league?  No, only Ray Rice was.

Has the league done anything to celebrate what Rice did on the field? No

Has the league done anyting to celebrate what Vick did on the field?  Yes.

Again, source he is banned from the nfl?

And I guess if you're saying running a dog fighting operation is way worse than beating the ever loving fuck out of women, I guess that says a lot about you. Maybe some therapy would help

Yes murdering multiple animals is worse than punching a woman once. She even admits she was the aggressor. 

Oh so she deserved it? Yes completely justified violent felony assault

Why put words in people's mouths? You keep doing that. Show me where I said that. I said THE WIFE said she was the aggressor. That is something she said. Legally, what he did could probably be classified as self defense if you watched the video. I don't agree with it, but that is what it is. And no, I do not think she deserved it at all.

She has come out and said she was in an abusive relationship. You saying it happened once is interesting because it's almost like you claim it's fact.

And you can have your opinion. I'd say felony domestic violence (which can and does lead to human deaths) is worse than running a dog fighting ring, which was legal in our country in the previous 40 years.

What felony was he charged with? Marital rape was also legal in our country in the previous 40 years.

Serious? The way you minimize their abusive relationship and him KO'ing her before dragging her limp body around, while demonizing the "murder" (can you show me the link where Vick was charged with murder?) of dogs is, odd.

March 27: Rice indicted on aggravated assault charges

Rice had his charges upped to aggravated assault from simple assault after the case was presented by prosecutors to a grand jury. Aggravated assault carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison. Meanwhile, the simple assault charges against Palmer were dropped.
12/4/19 5:20 PM
12/2/05

"Unintentional comedy right there."

Fuck you, that was very intentional!

Edited: 12/4/19 5:23 PM
3/17/14
D241 -

What my issue is, is how the basis of their opinions, their logic, is not consistent.

The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice, and shunned him for his off the field actions, which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were.  To my understanding Ray Rice and his girlfriend are still together, but Ray Rice isn't being endorsed by the league, but Michael Vick is.

No one seems to be addressing this disparity.  If you're okay with Michael Vick being an NFL commentator, and being asked to be an NFL honorary pro bowl legends coach, then if you are consistent, you would suggest that Ray Rice has served his punishment, seems to have shown remorse, and should be re-instated by the NFL.

My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture".  How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand?  Is the cutoff dogfighting?  Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child.  I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from".

Michael Vick is a free man, he served his time.  I get that.  Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?

I missed alot of posts since you made this post so forgive me if I missed some important info 

Rice: I feel he served his time aswell so to speak. I'm fine with him being in the NFL and around football. I'll add that I'm also fine with how he didnt find a job as a RB after all that aswell as he was not a very good RB at the time of the incident. 

This is unlike Vick who had some very good football season after his jail sentence. It's all about skill and if you can still play. Teams felt Rice no longer could play. Teams felt Vick could and he proved he could.

Also you said "why does he have to be in the NFL after his career". That's a weird question. No he does not have to be involved with the NFL. No has to be involved with anything. The NFL itself however has said he "could" be involved and Vick has agreed. You paint it like the NFL had no choice in the matter. The NFL deemed Vick as a person who can still be involved has he is. Same goes for Fox Sports 1 and other sports talk outlets that have deemed it ok to employee Vick to talk about football. He didnt force his way into these circles. They wanted him.

12/4/19 5:25 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

Source Rice is banned from the NFL?

Has he ever attempted to obtain a commentator or coach position?

Did Rice serve his punishment? If so what was it?

List all his efforts to decrease domestic violence since completing knocking a female unconscious and dragging her around by her hair.

Source?  https://time.com/3329351/ray-rice-timeline/

The more appropriate question, is has anyone offered, which you can take a wild stab at that one.

Yes and no.  No because he avoided trial.  What Ray Rice did, didn't even go to trial where as Vick, the guy you are defending for several pages, went to prison, for 23 months.  Rice however, was asked to complete a year long anger management course which he successfully completed.

According to the CBS report, the NFL confirmed that Ray Rice works with the league on its domestic violence education program

"They're trying to do the right thing ... I know they are working with groups to try to get more of an understanding. And they're doing the work. ... I know the NFL

So there you have it.  What crime had more punishment Ray Rice or Michael Vick? Michael Vick.  

Is there evidence both have done things for the cause they originally were in trouble for?  Yes.

Were they both banned from the league?  No, only Ray Rice was.

Has the league done anything to celebrate what Rice did on the field? No

Has the league done anyting to celebrate what Vick did on the field?  Yes.

Again, source he is banned from the nfl?

And I guess if you're saying running a dog fighting operation is way worse than beating the ever loving fuck out of women, I guess that says a lot about you. Maybe some therapy would help

Yes murdering multiple animals is worse than punching a woman once. She even admits she was the aggressor. 

Oh so she deserved it? Yes completely justified violent felony assault

Why put words in people's mouths? You keep doing that. Show me where I said that. I said THE WIFE said she was the aggressor. That is something she said. Legally, what he did could probably be classified as self defense if you watched the video. I don't agree with it, but that is what it is. And no, I do not think she deserved it at all.

She has come out and said she was in an abusive relationship. You saying it happened once is interesting because it's almost like you claim it's fact.

And you can have your opinion. I'd say felony domestic violence (which can and does lead to human deaths) is worse than running a dog fighting ring, which was legal in our country in the previous 40 years.

What felony was he charged with? Marital rape was also legal in our country in the previous 40 years.

Serious? The way you minimize their abusive relationship and him KO'ing her before dragging her limp body around, while demonizing the "murder" (can you show me the link where Vick was charged with murder?) of dogs is, odd.

March 27: Rice indicted on aggravated assault charges

Rice had his charges upped to aggravated assault from simple assault after the case was presented by prosecutors to a grand jury. Aggravated assault carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison. Meanwhile, the simple assault charges against Palmer were dropped.

Vick admitted to killing dogs. He punched her once, that is the incident we are talking about, not their entire relationship. Fair enough he was initially charged, those charges were later dropped.

I am not minimizing anything. Can you do this without putting words in people's mouths? Is that possible?
12/4/19 5:39 PM
11/5/19

Quit fn crying. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You are minimizing it. You keep saying how she started it, it was self defense (clearly not as he was charged with a felony), etc...

And you call killing a dog a murder to make it sound worse. Aren't you an attorney? If so you know you can't murder a dog.

And no the charges were not dropped. He got lucky and was allowed into a program. Do you honestly know nothing about this case, despite the fact you continue to try to discuss it?

"Rice applied for a program for first-time offenders that could clear him of charges in as few as six months. The program would require Rice to stay out of trouble and attend regular counseling.

May 21: Rice accepted into pretrial intervention program

Prosecutors allowed Rice to go into the program rather than take the case to trial. Under the terms of the deal, if Rice completes a 12-month program and stays out of trouble, the case will not show up on his record. The program is typically used for crimes that don't involve violence and "victimless crimes." A report from Outside the Lines in September revealed that the pretrial intervention program was granted in less than one percent of all domestic violence cases in New Jersey between 2010-2013.

12/4/19 5:43 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 - Quit fn crying. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You are minimizing it. You keep saying how she started it, it was self defense (clearly not as he was charged with a felony), etc...

And you call killing a dog a murder to make it sound worse. Aren't you an attorney? If so you know you can't murder a dog.

And no the charges were not dropped. He got lucky and was allowed into a program. Do you honestly know nothing about this case, despite the fact you continue to try to discuss it?

"Rice applied for a program for first-time offenders that could clear him of charges in as few as six months. The program would require Rice to stay out of trouble and attend regular counseling.

Prosecutors allowed Rice to go into the program rather than take the case to trial. Under the terms of the deal, if Rice completes a 12-month program and stays out of trouble, the case will not show up on his record. The program is typically used for crimes that don't involve violence and "victimless crimes." A report from Outside the Lines in September revealed that the pretrial intervention program was granted in less than one percent of all domestic violence cases in New Jersey between 2010-2013.

You are constantly putting words in my mouth.

He wasn't convicted of anything. People win self defense cases all the time after being charged with things. I think what he did was wrong morally, but he probably could have won an acquittal based on self defense. Being charged with something doesn't mean you are guilty, does it?

They weren't dropped?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/05/21/judge-dismissed-domestic-violence-charges-against-ray-rice/27709875/

"Judge dismisses domestic violence charges against Ray Rice"

The charged were literally dropped. If you mean pre-trial diversion, yes he did that. The way a program like that works is if you complete it they DROP THE CHARGES. Which is what happened. The charges were dropped.
12/4/19 5:46 PM
12/2/05

Listen, we disagree but we can do so civilly. I am not OK with what Ray Rice did in any way.

12/4/19 5:46 PM
5/13/11

Don't say I didn't warn you FP ;-)

12/4/19 5:58 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 - Quit fn crying. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You are minimizing it. You keep saying how she started it, it was self defense (clearly not as he was charged with a felony), etc...

He wasn't convicted of anything. People win self defense cases all the time after being charged with things. I think what he did was wrong morally, but he probably could have won an acquittal based on self defense. Being charged with something doesn't mean you are guilty, does it?

They weren't dropped?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/05/21/judge-dismissed-domestic-violence-charges-against-ray-rice/27709875/

The charged were literally dropped. If you mean pre-trial diversion, yes he did that. The way a program like that works is if you complete it they DROP THE CHARGES. Which is what happened. The charges were dropped.

Ok whatever the legal agreement, he wasn't let off. He had to complete a year program, pay fines, and participate in anger management classes. I'm guessing because he's a multimillionaire athlete with a victim who didn't want to cooperate with charges is why he was one of the .005% of offenders allowed to participate in the program

It's not like they interviewed him and watched the tape of him KO'ing her and decided their wasn't enough evidence to move forward with charges
12/4/19 5:59 PM
11/5/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Oh quit being a little cheerleader you queer.

Don't you have some credit card fraud to commit or something?
12/4/19 6:00 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - Listen, we disagree but we can do so civilly. I am not OK with what Ray Rice did in any way.

Well since you want to get technical on the charges can you admit no murders were committed on dogs? :)
12/4/19 6:01 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 

They weren't dropped?

Ok whatever the legal agreement, he wasn't let off. He had to complete a year program, pay fines, and participate in anger management classes. I'm guessing because he's a multimillionaire athlete with a victim who didn't want to cooperate with charges is why he was one of the .005% of offenders allowed to participate in the program

It's not like they interviewed him and watched the tape of him KO'ing her and decided their wasn't enough evidence to move forward with charges

Sure, I don't disagree with any of that.
12/4/19 6:02 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - Listen, we disagree but we can do so civilly. I am not OK with what Ray Rice did in any way.

Well since you want to get technical on the charges can you admit no murders were committed on dogs? :)

Sure, I didn't mean to use it in the legal sense. But fair enough, you can't legally murder an animal. Correct.
Edited: 12/4/19 6:02 PM
1/1/01

People should have a chance at redemption.  A lot of people are more offended when a person hurts a dog than when they kill a human.  That's weird to me. What he did was terrible, it doesn't mean that the rest of his life cannot have value and meaning.  

Edited: 12/4/19 6:11 PM
5/13/11
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Oh quit being a little cheerleader you queer.

Don't you have some credit card fraud to commit or something?

That post isn't cheerleading at all. Just calling a spade a spade. You're a sad little troll who cant help but make up false narratives and even fake quotes people never said, just to get an argument. 

I guess any attention is better than no attention. 

Edited: 12/4/19 6:10 PM
12/2/05
buddie - 

People should have a chance at redemption.  A lot of people are more offended when a person hurts a dog than when they kill a human.  That's weird to me. What he did was terrible, it doesn't mean that the rest of his life cannot have value and meaning.  

I'd have way more of an issue with someone who killed a person.

And I would have less of an issue if Vick had just fought dogs vs. all the killing of the dogs in heinous ways. Though it would still be terrible.
12/4/19 6:14 PM
11/5/19

And for the record I'd have no problem with Rice having involvement in the nfl again, same as Vick. He seems to show remorse and has stayed out of trouble since

My only issue with this whole conversation is some lying and claiming he's banned.

12/4/19 6:16 PM
11/20/09

BruteDion -I missed alot of posts since you made this post so forgive me if I missed some important info 

Rice: I feel he served his time aswell so to speak. I'm fine with him being in the NFL and around football.  I can agree to disagree.  You highlight what the disagreement is, which brings clarity and for that I am thankful.  You also disagree in a respectful way, for that I can only try to give the same courtesy.  You are at least, consistent, so I respect you being consistent, even though I personally feel neither Rice or Vick should have been allowed to play.  

I'll add that I'm also fine with how he didnt find a job as a RB after all that aswell as he was not a very good RB at the time of the incident. I disagree.  He had over 1k yards 4 of his first 5 seasons.  Was a good rb at the time, much better than what several other teams had at rb during that time period.  I'm okay with agreeing to disagree on this front though.

This is unlike Vick who had some very good football season after his jail sentence. It's all about skill and if you can still play. Teams felt Rice no longer could play. Teams felt Vick could and he proved he could.  While I would agree(assuming you feel this way) that Vick was more important(as well as captivating) at his position than Rice was his, I think it moreso comes down to public opinioin, public acceptance.  Ray Rice was a better than average running back, but at that position in today's NFL, he was far easier to replace than someone like Vick who was a dual threat with arguably unmatchable speed.

Also you said "why does he have to be in the NFL after his career". That's a weird question. No he does not have to be involved with the NFL. No has to be involved with anything. The NFL itself however has said he "could" be involved and Vick has agreed. You paint it like the NFL had no choice in the matter.   It 100% was the NFL's choice to even make him an optoin to be an "honorary" pro bowl coach.  If anything I am saying the opposite of what you claim, in that the NFL did in fact have the choice to allow him, and they did so.The NFL deemed Vick as a person who can still be involved has he is. Same goes for Fox Sports 1 and other sports talk outlets that have deemed it ok to employee Vick to talk about football. He didnt force his way into these circles. They wanted him.  This comes down to what is already known where we disagree.  

I was almost done talking about this topic, but since you can at least disagree in a civil/respectable manner, I feel it would be owed to you for me to reply back so if you care to continue, by all means go aheaad and I will reply as needed, respectfully.

I will however add/ask, regarding Fake Pie's post on page 10 where he says, "you probably would still want them to work some sort of honest job when they are out of jail. Like I bet you think Jared could be a janitor (obviously not at a school) when he gets out, but I bet if he did n anti pedo advocacy, you still wouldn't want anyone paying him millions in a cush media job or making him a spokesman again, correct?"

I post this question to you brutedion. I won't chastize you if you change your opinion after I gave you kudos for being consistent, because as you already mentioned, there have been points made in this thread that you may have not read yet so you have an out if you do in fact decide to re-consider your position some.

12/4/19 6:26 PM
11/20/09

Fake Pie.  I really appreciate the post you have added in this thread.  You clearly have more tolerance for negativity and toxic people than I do. 

All I see is you trying to state a point without attacking, yet you continue to get attacked.  You can give credit on post from the opposing side, but none will ever be given back.  

I highly suggest you follow my lead.

12/4/19 6:37 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 

Fake Pie.  I really appreciate the post you have added in this thread.  You clearly have more tolerance for negativity and toxic people than I do. 

All I see is you trying to state a point without attacking, yet you continue to get attacked.  You can give credit on post from the opposing side, but none will ever be given back.  

I highly suggest you follow my lead.

Bwahaha Jesus Christ.

Kirik- We need a safe space ground, ASAP
12/4/19 6:38 PM
12/2/05

I mean is it so bad to speak normally to people? You cockfaggot!

12/4/19 6:42 PM
11/5/19

"Was a good rb at the time, much better than what several other teams had at rb during that time period. I'm okay with agreeing to disagree on this front though."

Christ no he wasn't. And this isn't debatable. The year before his incident, 2013, he had like 650 yards rushing and was averaging 3.1 yards per rush. That's awful

12/4/19 6:45 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - I mean is it so bad to speak normally to people? You cockfaggot!

To a guy that continually lies, and intentionally posts dishonestly, no I will not. On the next thread I'll let it go, but as long as he continues to act like a lying faggot on this thread, I'll continue to treat him like a douche.

And you can feel free to quit acting like a white knight fag too if you're going to have no problem calling me out, but ignore his blatant lying because you agree with his stance.