OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/9/19 7:12 PM
11/5/19

Josh Brent also killed.......a person. And came back to play

Brent announced his retirement on July 18, 2013, to focus on his off-the-field issues pertaining to the charges of intoxicated manslaughter.[9] After serving his punishment in prison and going through a rehabilitation process, he was reinstated by the NFL following a 10-game suspension. On November 11, 2014, he was activated from the team's reserve/suspended list.[10][11]

12/9/19 7:16 PM
11/20/09

paid a public relations firm $23,000 (Source=https://aldf.org/case/case-study-animal-fighting-michael-vick/)

Any idea what a public relations firm could do for Vick?  hmmmmmmmm

12/9/19 7:17 PM
11/20/09

Vick had also lied to investigators about testing positive for marijuana in September, a violation of the terms of his release on bail.

A probation officer, who did not believe Vick had accepted responsibility, recommended an enhanced sentencing range of between 18 months and two years in prison.

12/9/19 7:22 PM
11/20/09

there is one haunting sign that Georgia might have endured the most abuse of any of the 47 surviving pit bulls seized last April from the property of the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick in connection with an illegal dogfighting ring.

Georgia has no teeth. All 42 of them were pried from her mouth, most likely to make certain she could not harm male dogs during forced breeding.

Having those teeth extracted, Dr. McMillan and other vets said, must have been excruciating. Even with medication, dogs are in pain after losing one tooth, which may take more than an hour of digging, prying and leveling to pull.

12/9/19 7:23 PM
11/20/09

Even after pleading guilty to the federal charges, Vick had not admitted to hands-on participation in the killing of poorly performing dogs. Investigators got conflicting statements from Vick's co-conspirators. An FBI agent questioned Vick for five hours and gave him a polygraph test that indicated he was lying.

Vick told the polygrapher, "I carried a dog over to Quanis Phillips, who tied a rope around its neck. I dropped the dog."

12/9/19 7:36 PM
11/20/09

"Vick threw family dogs into  the pit with fighters and laughed while they were mauled", according to the testimony of a witness to federal investigators.

December 2010

Vick stated that in the future he would like to have a dog again as a family pet.

12/9/19 8:18 PM
11/5/19

Lol at Op going on a near week long meltdown

12/9/19 9:10 PM
2/5/06

LOL he's posting a decade old PETA article asking for a brain scan....

OP, you have lost it, ...Vick has turned into a very good human being, let it go or change the channel

12/9/19 9:14 PM
11/20/09

You can let it go and post in another thread, yet here you are....

12/9/19 9:18 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 

Let what go? Laughing at you?

Why would I do that? You keep adding to the comedy
12/9/19 9:31 PM
8/20/15
LILBROCK2 -
Samuraidog - 

Also, don't forget that Ray Lewis murdered two people and got away with it. 

No he committed obstruction of justice

Lol

12/9/19 9:39 PM
11/20/09
CaptainWoody - LOL he's posting a decade old PETA article asking for a brain scan....

OP, you have lost it, ...Vick has turned into a very good human being, let it go or change the channel

:

This thread took all kinds turns, there's been bad back and forth's which you and I were both a part of....good and terrible points made on both sides. and some civil discussion.

There's a lot of dead shit on here, not too much topical discussions/arguments/debates that isn't about political Right/Left crap or stupid troll like threads.

12 pages, good thread man

Edited: 12/9/19 9:39 PM
8/20/15
D241 -

None of you will convince the other or prove you are right 

Right, wrong, or indifferent...LET.IT.GO.

12/9/19 9:41 PM
11/20/09

We may disagree, but you are only consistent at being inconsistent.

He served his time=okay for Vick but not okay for other's.

It was his culture=okay for Vick but not for other's.

12 pages of back and forth disucssions, you give me praise on this thread but on the same thread shun me.

I am in disagreement with someone who lacks empathy, I'm okay with that.
I am in disagreement with someone who has shown multiple examples of being inconsistent, I'm okay with that.

I have a feeling your next post won't be one where you are complimenting me, if you are consistently inconsistent that is.

12/9/19 9:53 PM
2/5/06

My post....and last one at that is this.

Nothing you just said is true, it's simply, innocently incorrect due to incomprehension at best or purposefully dishonest and deceitful at worst.

I don't have the interest in either one at this point anymore

12/9/19 10:08 PM
11/20/09

"Purposefully dishonest"

How much time will pass before you feel I have served my time and would advocate for me being a good human being?

Because Michael Vick the guy you're going so hard out of your way to defend, was also purposefully dishonest :)

If I go torture and murder some dogs, get in trouble with the law and serve time, I'll be like your best bud, won't I?

Or I probably need to have stellar qb play as the difference.

12/10/19 10:39 AM
4/9/10

Only a only a legitimate psychopath could do that shit. He's scum. And the prison sentence he got for it was a joke. 

12/10/19 10:49 AM
11/5/19

Prelims -
Mark Bocek - Matt Wiman/Jacob Volkmann
John Alessio - Efrain Escudero
Travis Browne - Ben Rothwell/ Mike Russow/ Roy Nelson
Chad Griggs - Matt Mitrione
Matt Brown - Mike Pyle
Stephen Thomson - DaMarques Johnson/Papi Abedi/Jake Hecht
John Makdessi - Efrain Escudero
Anthony Nj - Evan Dunham/Takanori Gomi

Any thoughts?

12/10/19 10:59 AM
12/16/05
Corn Pop - 
NerveBlock - 

Only a only a legitimate psychopath could do that shit. He's scum. And the prison sentence he got for it was a joke. 

His prison sentence was much more harsh than the norm

The norm is wrong. You get less time for torturing and animal than minor amounts of drugs in many cases. I have no issues with hunting and things like that. Torturing an animal for your entertainment is signs of a psychopath.

Consider this too, he got caught for what he got caught for. Do you think that was the first time? How many dead dogs are on his hands? It's not just pit bulls either. They use small bait dogs that get ripped to shreds by the fighting dogs.

I have a former bait dog that was rescued by animal services. He's got scars all over his body and almost died numerous times while animal services was trying to nurse him back to health. Today he's the happiest dog I've ever owned, but does spook easily when other dogs approach.
12/10/19 12:00 PM
11/5/19
btr740 - 
Corn Pop - 
NerveBlock - 

The norm is wrong. You get less time for torturing and animal than minor amounts of drugs in many cases. I have no issues with hunting and things like that. Torturing an animal for your entertainment is signs of a psychopath.

Consider this too, he got caught for what he got caught for. Do you think that was the first time? How many dead dogs are on his hands? It's not just pit bulls either. They use small bait dogs that get ripped to shreds by the fighting dogs.

I have a former bait dog that was rescued by animal services. He's got scars all over his body and almost died numerous times while animal services was trying to nurse him back to health. Today he's the happiest dog I've ever owned, but does spook easily when other dogs approach.

Look...I agree it's a disgusting act but the fact is years in prison isn't the norm. Decades ago it was legal. Only as recent as 2008 is it a felony. Prior it was a misdemeanor with a fine and probation. Cockfighting has also been a past time around the world. Bullfighting was very popular in certain cultures and they sold out arenas. All those animals were severely tortured.

However Vick is the one who actually did a significant amount of prison time and it cost him ten of millions of dollars. And he's done a lot of good since.

He's been back in the nfl for a decade so the faux sudden outrage is funny to me.
12/10/19 3:24 PM
11/20/09

Michael Vick paid over 100K to public relations firm when he was released from jail

In documents obtained by TMZ in Vick's bankruptcy case, the firm targeted "friendly media sources" to get Vick's message out there.

Here is more on the plan- and how it was executed- by Sitrick & Company according to TMZ:

Step 1 -- "Develop media list and identify friendly media sources."
Translation: Who can we most easily manipulate?

And the media outlets they chose to communicate with -- the "Today" show, "60 Minutes," People Magazine, Newsweek and "Larry King Live."

Step 2 -- Put Vick through intense media training "aimed at regaining initiative in PR war."

Step 3 -- "Prepare list of sympathetic parties in media and community" ... hey, ya gotta know who's on your side.

Step 4 -- Knowing when to shut up. On July 31, 2007 Sitrick advised Vick's legal team on "need to avoid further interviews ahead of planned PR offensive."

Step 5 -- Execute. Vick appeared on "60 Minutes" on August 16. He then faced the media in a news conference on August 27 ... and hit it out of the park, accepting blame, accepting punishment and vowing to learn from the experience.

12/10/19 3:26 PM
11/20/09

People "WANT" to believe he's a changed man, and this public image firm did a bang up job playing on the public's emotions.  

You have the right to change your mind on this issue as new information is being produced.  

12/10/19 3:46 PM
11/5/19

Wait....are you telling me that a celebrity with a poor public image hired a PR firm to, wait for it........

Improve his public image?

My god! It's almost like that's what a Pr firm does.

12/10/19 6:31 PM
4/9/10
btr740 -
Corn Pop - 
NerveBlock - 

This. It's definitely too little prison for that level of depraved psychopathy. 

12/10/19 7:32 PM
11/20/09

I really don't get why Vick has a 2nd chance in the spotlight, even if you factor in what he did on the field.

He never lead the league in any significant qb stat.

2 times his entire career he threw for more than 3k in one season.

He ran for more than 1k yards in a season 1 time.

Chad Pennington had better #'s than Vick did.