OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/10/19 7:55 PM
1/1/12

If it was Labradors nobody on this forum would be defending him

12/11/19 6:31 PM
11/20/09
Fister - 

Or if his max rushing yards a season as a qb was no more than 450, no one would be defending him or talking about him.

Edited: 12/11/19 7:44 PM
1/11/19
CaptainWoody -
D241 - 
BostonCharm - 

Idk. Something is inherently twisted about finding enjoyment watching dogs be hurt. That's just something you don't wash off after your sports agent rights up a good publicity plan. You have something in you that isn't wired correctly. 
   Lousy human being.

Exactly!

Put yourself in your own shoes as a kid, and imagine being in a totally different culture.  You have to be groomed to accept dogs being brutally murdered.  Your first time seeing it, if you are a NORMAL human being, it won't sit right with you and you will have compassion.  

Kids of all backgrounds play with bugs and small critters.  Pychos are the ones who kill and dissect them.  

It feels like people who would have nothing to do with slamming dogs on the hard cement until they are dead, are defending this guy.  I don't get that.

No one is or has defended what he did.

They (we) are understanding that he grew up with this culture, we understand that it wasn't about torturing animals for the enjoyment of torturing animals, ....like what a lot of psychopaths and serial killers started out doing..there's a difference in what he was doing and someone like that. He didn't value these dogs like a lot of people do as loving pets and used them for a barbaric betting game....that is different than Jeffrey Dahmer finding cats, torturing, killing and dissecting them for pleasure. I hope you have the capacity to see and understand that.

The world isn't black and white, there's differences and contexts. He committed a crime, a crime that even with his cultural upbringing he knew was a crime. He was caught, sentenced and did what was required of him.....even if he's bullshitting, and he still doesn't value dogs in the same way as you or I that doesn't give you or I the right to say he can't be on camera and do a job that he is qualified to do. As long as he isn't and doesn't do those crimes again, he is a free man, ...he isn't running for public office, he isn't in any position of power, he's talking about football on TV.

1. He may not have taken pleasure in what he did, but he went out of his way to TORTURE those dogs and that in itself suggests a personality disorder. 

2. Who the fuck ARE YOU to ask anyone else that exact question.. 

3. Do you KNOW this guy well enough make any assumptions about his intention toward those dogs?... 

Didn't think so...

There is at least one person who posts here who killed his own dogs.. and that is psychopath behaviour... 

12/11/19 7:37 PM
11/5/19
Fister - 

Literally no one is defending his actions. What were saying is maybe you crybaby faggots should stop acting like you care 13 years later, because you're trying to be a part of the libtard cancel culture movement, as we all know you haven't given a shit for the last decade.
Edited: 12/11/19 7:48 PM
12/16/05

I don't see this as a "cancel culture" issue. Fuck all that shit. I just think he did not deserve another chance in the spotlight making millions. Go be a janitor somewhere after prison. The shitbag NFL allows fucks Kap like to shit all over cops, but puts this sick fuck back out there for people to try and rationalize torturing animals

12/11/19 8:22 PM
3/17/14
btr740 -

I don't see this as a "cancel culture" issue. Fuck all that shit. I just think he did not deserve another chance in the spotlight making millions. Go be a janitor somewhere after prison. The shitbag NFL allows fucks Kap like to shit all over cops, but puts this sick fuck back out there for people to try and rationalize torturing animals

It has nothing to do with rationalizing the torture of animals on the NFLs part. He could still play the game. 

Him having an MVP level season since going to prison proves that.

A NFL team deemed him to still have talent and he proved it. 

12/11/19 9:16 PM
11/5/19
btr740 - 

Of course it is. He was reinstated over a decade ago. He went back to the nfl. It was over. 10 years ago. He played several 7 more years in the nfl after release from prison. And officially retired in 2017.

Yet last week is when a bunch of whiny babies decided they'd start to throw a fit on Facebook, screaming at the sky wanting him fired
12/11/19 9:42 PM
1/9/02
Fister -

nobody's defending him

i just think it should have been like a speeding ticket

what he did was not that big of a deal. all of this is pure opinion anyhow. I can really love my car and it doesn't mean you should go to jail for murder if you key it. jail should be reserved for ppl that hurt other ppl.

12/11/19 10:40 PM
6/8/11

Why didn't they just shoot the loser dogs? I don't understand the brutally killing them

12/12/19 3:40 AM
3/17/14
Aaron Becker -

Why didn't they just shoot the loser dogs? I don't understand the brutally killing them

I would assume that if you are running an illegal dogfighting ring it would not be the best to have guns going off on your property aswell.

If I was a criminal I know I would not want to attract that attention.

12/12/19 5:30 AM
1/1/12
gregbrady -
Fister -

nobody's defending him

what he did was not that big of a deal. all of this is pure opinion anyhow. I can really love my car and it doesn't mean you should go to jail for murder if you key it. jail should be reserved for ppl that hurt other ppl.

That's not a good comparison at all. It's rather retarded actually

12/12/19 6:43 AM
1/11/19
Corn Pop -
btr740 - 

Of course it is. He was reinstated over a decade ago. He went back to the nfl. It was over. 10 years ago. He played several 7 more years in the nfl after release from prison. And officially retired in 2017.

Yet last week is when a bunch of whiny babies decided they'd start to throw a fit on Facebook, screaming at the sky wanting him fired

The difference playing football (kept his mouth shut) and commentating (analytical opinion based)

Is there a reason you have a problem with people who have a problem about a man who tortured and killed dogs for sport?? 

Edited: 12/12/19 6:59 AM
1/11/19
gregbrady -
Fister -

nobody's defending him

Are you seriously comparing vandalizing an inanimate object to torture and killing a living being?

You cannot be that devoid of human conscience, if you are, you are probably a psychopath..

12/12/19 7:01 AM
1/11/19
Aaron Becker -

Your ignorance is nauseating.

12/12/19 8:25 AM
11/5/19
Rattatt - 
Corn Pop -
btr740 - 

The difference playing football (kept his mouth shut) and commentating (analytical opinion based)

Is there a reason you have a problem with people who have a problem about a man who tortured and killed dogs for sport?? 

Yes I have an issue with all you sjw whiny fags crying about everything these days, like how you want comedians fired for jokes in the 80's, people fired for dressing up as Michael Jordan for Halloween 20 years ago in "blackface," etc... you're nauseating. It's fake outrage. You don't really care. You just want to pretend you do so people that don't give a shit about you on your Facebook or forums think you're a good person. I'd love for some of you to show me a post from 7-10 years ago fighting the good fight against Vick. I'm guessing you all just started pretending to care about a week ago when Facebook reminded you to become outraged all of a sudden

And a shit ton more actually watch football than a legends coach on the pro bowl. You're 10 years late to start crying about this
12/12/19 8:37 AM
12/16/05

I've been calling him a cunt since he went to jail and came back to play football. I thought ppl were pissed now because he was given an analyst job, no?

12/12/19 9:16 AM
11/5/19
btr740 - 

I've been calling him a cunt since he went to jail and came back to play football. I thought ppl were pissed now because he was given an analyst job, no?

That happened in 2017
12/12/19 9:50 AM
6/8/11
Rattatt -
Aaron Becker -

maybe you have some more insight into the dog fighting world than I do you fucking dipshit.

Were they running this dog fighting in the city? Wouldn't the sounds of dogs barking and people cheering on this shit also make lots of noise?

Edited: 12/12/19 2:30 PM
11/20/09
Corn Pop - 
Rattatt - 
Corn Pop -
btr740 - 

Yes I have an issue with all you sjw whiny fags crying about everything these days, like how you want comedians fired for jokes in the 80's, people fired for dressing up as Michael Jordan for Halloween 20 years ago in "blackface," etc... you're nauseating. It's fake outrage. You don't really care. You just want to pretend you do so people that don't give a shit about you on your Facebook or forums think you're a good person. I'd love for some of you to show me a post from 7-10 years ago fighting the good fight against Vick. I'm guessing you all just started pretending to care about a week ago when Facebook reminded you to become outraged all of a sudden

And a shit ton more actually watch football than a legends coach on the pro bowl. You're 10 years late to start crying about this

This post doesn't surprise me.  Your other account lilbrock2 you started out the same way.

Assuming all the petty issues and people who have those petty issues, are the same ones upset about this. 

You're wrong.  As the OP, I want to point out I love comedy and comedians, what happened to Louis CK is wrong and I also feel Sarah Silverman gets hated on too much.  I have a thread you probably missed, 58 of my favorite comedians.  I think you would be surprised at how many comedians I big up.  I don't shun comedians.  

If I did though, I don't think it would be on the same playing field as brutally killing and torturing animals.

I have no issues with blackface if the context was no racial undertones intended.  "If I could be like Mike" was the slogan for Nike in Jordan's era and myself, a average height white guy also wanted to be like Mike.  However if someone, for some petty reason WAS offended by blackface, I don't think that level of being offended is equal to someone's level of being offended of the torturing of dogs.

I'd be interested if you would catagorize what Vick did as being on the same level of a comedian telling a "too soon" joke or someone doing blackface as the same offensive as torturing and killing animals.

Like if you could rate a comedian telling an inappropriate joke, or someone doing blackface, or someone torturing and killing animals, how would you rate each act, with 1 being petty, 2 having some substance, 3 being downright wrong, would you rank all 3 as a 1?  Would you put torturing and killing of dogs as 3?

12/12/19 2:34 PM
3/17/14
Aaron Becker -
Rattatt -
Aaron Becker -

maybe you have some more insight into the dog fighting world than I do you fucking dipshit.

Were they running this dog fighting in the city? Wouldn't the sounds of dogs barking and people cheering on this shit also make lots of noise?

I'm pretty sure he was in the suburbs. I remember seeing the house and he had a good sized front and back yard.

Edited: 12/12/19 2:40 PM
4/24/07

They were only dogs. It's not like they were cats that have emotion and can feel pain. 

12/12/19 3:01 PM
1/11/19
Corn Pop -
Rattatt - 
Corn Pop -
btr740 - 

First of all YOU have NO clue. You think you do, but you don't.

There is nothing fake about being pissed off about a guy who brutally killed and tortured animals. 

If if you like him so much go suck his dick you pathetic piece of shit.

12/12/19 3:07 PM
1/11/19
Aaron Becker -
Rattatt -
Aaron Becker -

No. I have no insight into dog fighting. 

What was nauseating about your comment was that you said why didn't they just shoot the dogs.. Sooo it was okay that they had this dog fighting ring as long as they put the dogs out of there misery quickly after they were ripped apart? 

12/12/19 3:16 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 
Corn Pop - 
Rattatt - 
Corn Pop -
btr740 - 

This post doesn't surprise me.  Your other account lilbrock2 you started out the same way.

Assuming all the petty issues and people who have those petty issues, are the same ones upset about this. 

You're wrong.  As the OP, I want to point out I love comedy and comedians, what happened to Louis CK is wrong and I also feel Sarah Silverman gets hated on too much.  I have a thread you probably missed, 58 of my favorite comedians.  I think you would be surprised at how many comedians I big up.  I don't shun comedians.  

If I did though, I don't think it would be on the same playing field as brutally killing and torturing animals.

I have no issues with blackface if the context was no racial undertones intended.  "If I could be like Mike" was the slogan for Nike in Jordan's era and myself, a average height white guy also wanted to be like Mike.  However if someone, for some petty reason WAS offended by blackface, I don't think that level of being offended is equal to someone's level of being offended of the torturing of dogs.

I'd be interested if you would catagorize what Vick did as being on the same level of a comedian telling a "too soon" joke or someone doing blackface as the same offensive as torturing and killing animals.

Like if you could rate a comedian telling an inappropriate joke, or someone doing blackface, or someone torturing and killing animals, how would you rate each act, with 1 being petty, 2 having some substance, 3 being downright wrong, would you rank all 3 as a 1?  Would you put torturing and killing of dogs as 3?

No I don't find them comparable, nor did I claim to. It's an analogy of today's cancel culture bullshit and what you're doing.

Let's recap.

2009- Vick was reinstated by the NFL and played for 8 more years

2011- Vick was re-signed by Nike and they sponsored him through 2019

2011: Signs a 6 year $100m contract. He's one of the highest paid players in the NFL

2017- He was hired by FOX as an analyst/broadcaster.

2018: Hired as the offensive coordinator for the AAF, a new professional league

2019: He is offered a position as a Pro Bowl Legends coach. So after all of the above, this is where you draw the line? This is what finally has you all so outraged you're signing petitions and whining online? That he's going to one of many coaches for a game that no one watches or gives a shit about?

LOL ya keep pretending that you care
12/12/19 3:20 PM
11/5/19
Rattatt - 
Corn Pop -
Rattatt - 
Corn Pop -
btr740 - 

First of all YOU have NO clue. You think you do, but you don't.

There is nothing fake about being pissed off about a guy who brutally killed and tortured animals. 

If if you like him so much go suck his dick you pathetic piece of shit.

#sobrave