12/3/19 1:11 PM
2/25/06

Fuck Vick. 

12/3/19 1:14 PM
1/1/01

757 Represent!!!!

12/3/19 1:19 PM
10/8/07

I think it's time to move on. I'm not saying the guy should win a Nobel peace prize but he served his time and from all accounts has been a model citizen ever since.

12/3/19 1:20 PM
2/5/06

12/3/19 1:21 PM
5/13/11
lordbreakdown -

He's an asshole but he did more to raise awareness about animal cruelty than every shelter and vegan combined. He saved far more dogs than he killed. He's ain't a saint by far but I always see this pop up on my social media feeds and never see somebody point that out. 

This is basically Chappelle's "he rapes, but he saves" bit...

12/3/19 1:35 PM
12/2/05
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
lordbreakdown -

He's an asshole but he did more to raise awareness about animal cruelty than every shelter and vegan combined. He saved far more dogs than he killed. He's ain't a saint by far but I always see this pop up on my social media feeds and never see somebody point that out. 

I don't really see how he's done more than every shelter what a ridiculous statement. 

12/3/19 1:39 PM
5/14/08
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
lordbreakdown -

LOL no it isnt.

Edited: 12/3/19 3:31 PM
11/20/09
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

He can work in the background, he doesn't need to be in the limelight.

Yeah!

He should never be able to make a living again!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

If you don't like it, you can change the fucking channel

You are showing yourself to be a special kind of retard.  How do you read my post, where I specifically say "why have him in the SPOTLIGHT, and you SOMEHOW translate that to "He should never be able to make a living again!"?

I'm being serious.  That was a borderline retarded comment to make.  You are insinuating that the ONLY job he could have, is one involving him being on camera.  That's a super retarded thing to insinuate, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad you make the argumetns you make, as they are so dumb it adds substance to mine.

So, if you want, please continue lol.

12/3/19 3:26 PM
11/20/09
Acidic - 

Lol showed remorse?

to show remorse doesn't mean you're truest remorseful. He could have been acting. Getting caught was his only remorse 

I am curious if the people having the stance, "He served his time, move on", are under the assumption Vick is a changed man simply because of the "good" publicity that has been covered since his release.

Both of these are options are possabilities, but let me just plant a thought some of you may not have put together yet....

The basis is his character....

Before dogfighting, was there any examples of Vick doing something he shouldn't and trying to cover it up?

Yes.  See Ron Mexico.

In documentaries, Vick has admitted he knew what he was doing was wrong, and when he realized he was getting busted, it was only then that he showed remorse.  The remorse came from getting caught, not from realizing on his own what he was doing was flat out wrong and barbaric.

So, now I ask you, is it possible Michael Vick has only done a little for animal rights, but what he has done has been on camera for the purpose of trying to clear his name therefor making it look greater than what it actually is?  I personally do not think this is far fetched and giving his past, this is what I believe.....

Or

A guy who had done things most of you have never been a part of or considered, is a changed man.

I wouldn't let him babysit, that's for damn sure.

12/3/19 3:27 PM
11/20/09
BostonCharm - 

Idk. Something is inherently twisted about finding enjoyment watching dogs be hurt. That's just something you don't wash off after your sports agent rights up a good publicity plan. You have something in you that isn't wired correctly. 
   Lousy human being.

Exactly!

Put yourself in your own shoes as a kid, and imagine being in a totally different culture.  You have to be groomed to accept dogs being brutally murdered.  Your first time seeing it, if you are a NORMAL human being, it won't sit right with you and you will have compassion.  

Kids of all backgrounds play with bugs and small critters.  Pychos are the ones who kill and dissect them.  

It feels like people who would have nothing to do with slamming dogs on the hard cement until they are dead, are defending this guy.  I don't get that.

12/3/19 3:50 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

Yeah!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

You are showing yourself to be a special kind of retard.  How do you read my post, where I specifically say "why have him in the SPOTLIGHT, and you SOMEHOW translate that to "He should never be able to make a living again!"?

I'm being serious.  That was a borderline retarded comment to make.  You are insinuating that the ONLY job he could have, is one involving him being on camera.  That's a super retarded thing to insinuate, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad you make the argumetns you make, as they are so dumb it adds substance to mine.

Sure buddy, whatever you need to tell yourself

Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do or be able to do for a living? The world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings.

"He can work in the background"

Yeah, Vick is going to be a boom mic operator and not on camera as a analyst.
12/3/19 4:14 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 
BostonCharm - 

Idk. Something is inherently twisted about finding enjoyment watching dogs be hurt. That's just something you don't wash off after your sports agent rights up a good publicity plan. You have something in you that isn't wired correctly. 
   Lousy human being.

Exactly!

Put yourself in your own shoes as a kid, and imagine being in a totally different culture.  You have to be groomed to accept dogs being brutally murdered.  Your first time seeing it, if you are a NORMAL human being, it won't sit right with you and you will have compassion.  

Kids of all backgrounds play with bugs and small critters.  Pychos are the ones who kill and dissect them.  

It feels like people who would have nothing to do with slamming dogs on the hard cement until they are dead, are defending this guy.  I don't get that.

No one is or has defended what he did.

They (we) are understanding that he grew up with this culture, we understand that it wasn't about torturing animals for the enjoyment of torturing animals, ....like what a lot of psychopaths and serial killers started out doing..there's a difference in what he was doing and someone like that. He didn't value these dogs like a lot of people do as loving pets and used them for a barbaric betting game....that is different than Jeffrey Dahmer finding cats, torturing, killing and dissecting them for pleasure. I hope you have the capacity to see and understand that.

The world isn't black and white, there's differences and contexts. He committed a crime, a crime that even with his cultural upbringing he knew was a crime. He was caught, sentenced and did what was required of him.....even if he's bullshitting, and he still doesn't value dogs in the same way as you or I that doesn't give you or I the right to say he can't be on camera and do a job that he is qualified to do. As long as he isn't and doesn't do those crimes again, he is a free man, ...he isn't running for public office, he isn't in any position of power, he's talking about football on TV.
12/3/19 4:21 PM
1/1/01

I believe in redemption and Vick I believe fits it to a tee. If you don't want to forgive him or do not believe he is worthy I certainly get that, the shit he did was some of the absolute worst but if you look at what he has done since, listen to him speak now and since then, he has completely transformed and he a sincere and humble man

even when he has spoken on Kaepernick he talks about how you need to look at yourself and change things in you to make the world a better place. Could all the things he has done since he was released from prison be bullshit? Sure but if you really look into what he has done and then actually listen to him that is pretty hard to front

I thought I would hate that dude forever in all ways but he changed my mind but I can see how people don't want to give him a second chance but I do know he has done all he can to try and help people see a new Michael Vick

12/3/19 4:28 PM
11/5/19
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

Yeah!

Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do or be able to do for a living? The world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings.

It's like every couple years some animal rights group throws a fit and it gains some headlines, and then you have people reminded of Vick so they share Facebook posts and comment on message boards to remind everyone how great of a person they are, and how horrible others are, despite the fact that something like Legends Pro Bowl coaches have nothing to do with their lives nor do they care. Just a "holler than thou" attention act
12/3/19 4:31 PM
11/20/09
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

Yeah!

There you go again, giving it to me on a silver platter.

"Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do"?

The same mother fucker who you think you are who says what he should and shouldn't be able to do.  We both are allowed to are opinions numbnuts.  Do you really think your opinion should be the only one that matters?

You are very close minded.  Do you really think the only jobs Michael Vick could do, has to do with entertainment?  Just stop now, because the more you reply the more I show you how ignorant you are.  

My stance is simple to everyone else BUT you.  

There are thousands of jobs Michael Vick could be doing, none of which involve being on camera, the spotlight, or anything to do with the NFL.   Once you are able to comprehend this simple concept, perhaps maybe then you will finally be enlightened.

12/3/19 4:32 PM
12/2/05
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

Yeah!

Who are you to decide he should be forgiven? He is as entitled to his position as you are yours. If enough people feel the same, he won't be employed in any PR way. Right now that hasn't been the case obviously.
12/3/19 4:34 PM
11/20/09
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
BostonCharm - 

Lousy human being.

Exactly!

No one is or has defended what he did.

They (we) are understanding that he grew up with this culture, we understand that it wasn't about torturing animals for the enjoyment of torturing animals, ....like what a lot of psychopaths and serial killers started out doing..there's a difference in what he was doing and someone like that. He didn't value these dogs like a lot of people do as loving pets and used them for a barbaric betting game....that is different than Jeffrey Dahmer finding cats, torturing, killing and dissecting them for pleasure. I hope you have the capacity to see and understand that.

The world isn't black and white, there's differences and contexts. He committed a crime, a crime that even with his cultural upbringing he knew was a crime. He was caught, sentenced and did what was required of him.....even if he's bullshitting, and he still doesn't value dogs in the same way as you or I that doesn't give you or I the right to say he can't be on camera and do a job that he is qualified to do. As long as he isn't and doesn't do those crimes again, he is a free man, ...he isn't running for public office, he isn't in any position of power, he's talking about football on TV.

You know honestly, this started out as a decent post that was decent enough I wasn't going to reply to, as it has some fair points.

But then there you go, saying more stupid shit.  Stupid shit example from you on this post is-

"that doesn't give you or I the right to say he can't be on camera".

This is fucking AMERICA, where we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH dumbass.  I, you, we, ALL have the "right" to say our opinions.

If you disagree, then please humor all of us and tell me what law I just broke lol

12/3/19 4:34 PM
12/2/05
Souljacker - 

I believe in redemption and Vick I believe fits it to a tee. If you don't want to forgive him or do not believe he is worthy I certainly get that, the shit he did was some of the absolute worst but if you look at what he has done since, listen to him speak now and since then, he has completely transformed and he a sincere and humble man

even when he has spoken on Kaepernick he talks about how you need to look at yourself and change things in you to make the world a better place. Could all the things he has done since he was released from prison be bullshit? Sure but if you really look into what he has done and then actually listen to him that is pretty hard to front

I thought I would hate that dude forever in all ways but he changed my mind but I can see how people don't want to give him a second chance but I do know he has done all he can to try and help people see a new Michael Vick

No one can know what is in his mind, but he didn't feel bad when he was literally killing dogs with his hands and they were whining and fighting not to die. He didn't feel bad when he complained about losing money outside the courtroom. He felt bad when it was best for him to say so so he could get jobs again. It could be genuine or it could be what he needed to do to make money again. I personally don't think it is genuine, but who can know. I also think what he has done for animals has been overstated.
12/3/19 4:35 PM
1/1/01

I like him because he makes my old neighborhood seem more tough/ghetto than it really is. 

12/3/19 4:35 PM
11/20/09
Fake Pie - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

Yeah!

Who are you to decide he should be forgiven? He is as entitled to his position as you are yours. If enough people feel the same, he won't be employed in any PR way. Right now that hasn't been the case obviously.

It's refreshing to see not everyone here is retarded.  I begrudgingly agree with your last sentence.  There's still time for public opinions to set in.

Edited: 12/3/19 4:51 PM
5/9/10
CaptainWoody - I have to preface this by saying I in no way condone or excuse what he did...It's disgusting and he's a POS for it.

"Can you imagine, an already beat up bloodied dog that just fought trying everything in it's power to please you, only to lose, and then have it's master hang you, or slam you on hard pavement, or hold you under water until life is gone? A dog's eyes, looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes, as the last thing it see's?"

You're over emotional here..., like a hallmark movie
They weren't fighting to please him, they were fighting to win, to survive. They weren't his pets, they weren't used to love and compassion from this man...they never experienced that.

"looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes"

Come on man, Dogs do not cry with emotion, those dogs were full on survival mode their entire lives...they didn't look back at Vick with a "why has thou art forsaken me" moment....they were scared the way a zebra is scared when a lion is chasing them....it was primal, not emotional.

You've been able to take a pretty shitty scenario and make it kinda funny.

I could say some mean shit out of spite, but you wouldn't be affected by it.  You're not even worth pity.

Homeboy was a little purple, you were a little retarded.

12/3/19 4:51 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

No one can know what is in his mind, but he didn't feel bad when he was literally killing dogs with his hands and they were whining and fighting not to die. He didn't feel bad when he complained about losing money outside the courtroom. He felt bad when it was best for him to say so so he could get jobs again. It could be genuine or it could be what he needed to do to make money again. I personally don't think it is genuine, but who can know. I also think what he has done for animals has been overstated.

He has given a couple million for the care and rescue of dogs, partnered with the president of the humane society, spoken to congress to push new dogfighting laws, spoken to many inner city schools to discuss and earn of the culture of dogfighting.

What have you guys done?
12/3/19 4:52 PM
5/9/10
LILBROCK2 -
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

He has given a couple million for the care and rescue of dogs, partnered with the president of the humane society, spoken to congress to push new dogfighting laws, spoken to many inner city schools to discuss and earn of the culture of dogfighting.

What have you guys done?

not fought and killed dogs then paid pennies to continue making millions...

of course he's done those things.  shame will do that to you, and the risk of losing a multimillion dollar contract.

12/3/19 4:54 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

What have you guys done?

I work with rescues all the time. I don't have millions to give but as a percentage of my net worth, I am sure I am up there with him. I also never murdered animals with my bare hands for funsies.
12/3/19 4:59 PM
6/26/06

Vick was the last straw for pro sports in general. I was done after he got signed by the eagles, have only followed mma and grappling since then. Maybe a bit of hockey. But the arrogant thug culture of many modern sports is a dealbreaker. I dont even want to see that kind of behavior, let alone do anything to support it.