OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/3/19 5:03 PM
11/5/19
xNate - 
LILBROCK2 -
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

I believe in redemption and Vick I believe fits it to a tee. If you don't want to forgive him or do not believe he is worthy I certainly get that, the shit he did was some of the absolute worst but if you look at what he has done since, listen to him speak now and since then, he has completely transformed and he a sincere and humble man

even when he has spoken on Kaepernick he talks about how you need to look at yourself and change things in you to make the world a better place. Could all the things he has done since he was released from prison be bullshit? Sure but if you really look into what he has done and then actually listen to him that is pretty hard to front

I thought I would hate that dude forever in all ways but he changed my mind but I can see how people don't want to give him a second chance but I do know he has done all he can to try and help people see a new Michael Vick

No one can know what is in his mind, but he didn't feel bad when he was literally killing dogs with his hands and they were whining and fighting not to die. He didn't feel bad when he complained about losing money outside the courtroom. He felt bad when it was best for him to say so so he could get jobs again. It could be genuine or it could be what he needed to do to make money again. I personally don't think it is genuine, but who can know. I also think what he has done for animals has been overstated.

He has given a couple million for the care and rescue of dogs, partnered with the president of the humane society, spoken to congress to push new dogfighting laws, spoken to many inner city schools to discuss and earn of the culture of dogfighting.

What have you guys done?

not fought and killed dogs then paid pennies to continue making millions...

of course he's done those things.  shame will do that to you, and the risk of losing a multimillion dollar contract.

Oh so no matter what he's done it'll be a "but but but" situation.

Fact is he's still worth $16m. He doesn't have to do any of that, or work again if he doesn't want to. He could say fuck you and fuck dogs and laugh his ass off. Him working with the humane society, Congress, and speaking to kids at risk of falling into the culture is doing a hell of a lot more for the ethical treatment of dogs than all of you here and and everyone you know combined will do for them, including spending your hour a month waking a dog at your local humane society.
12/3/19 5:13 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

He can work in the background, he doesn't need to be in the limelight.

Yeah!

He should never be able to make a living again!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

If you don't like it, you can change the fucking channel

You are showing yourself to be a special kind of retard.  How do you read my post, where I specifically say "why have him in the SPOTLIGHT, and you SOMEHOW translate that to "He should never be able to make a living again!"?

I'm being serious.  That was a borderline retarded comment to make.  You are insinuating that the ONLY job he could have, is one involving him being on camera.  That's a super retarded thing to insinuate, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad you make the argumetns you make, as they are so dumb it adds substance to mine.

So, if you want, please continue lol.

Sure buddy, whatever you need to tell yourself

Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do or be able to do for a living? The world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings.

"He can work in the background"

Yeah, Vick is going to be a boom mic operator and not on camera as a analyst.

There you go again, giving it to me on a silver platter.

"Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do"?

The same mother fucker who you think you are who says what he should and shouldn't be able to do.  We both are allowed to are opinions numbnuts.  Do you really think your opinion should be the only one that matters?

You are very close minded.  Do you really think the only jobs Michael Vick could do, has to do with entertainment?  Just stop now, because the more you reply the more I show you how ignorant you are.  

My stance is simple to everyone else BUT you.  

There are thousands of jobs Michael Vick could be doing, none of which involve being on camera, the spotlight, or anything to do with the NFL.   Once you are able to comprehend this simple concept, perhaps maybe then you will finally be enlightened.

Except I'm not the one saying what he should and shouldn't be able to do, I don't believe that is my call or right. I'm not the hiring manager at Fox, yes Fake Pie is right, if that person at Fox felt like you, he wouldn't have that job.

This isn't about a simple opinion with how you're wording it, yes you have the right to your opinion on Michael Vick, you can think or believe whatever you want about the man...my point is you or I do not have the right to say what a free man is able to do for a living. ...this isn't an opinion, it's the law.

Yes I understand he could do "other jobs"....that's still not the point. He is a free man, he has the right to try and make the best living with what he knows and how he knows best. Are you a fucking communist or something?
12/3/19 5:29 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 - 
xNate - 
LILBROCK2 -
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

I believe in redemption and Vick I believe fits it to a tee. If you don't want to forgive him or do not believe he is worthy I certainly get that, the shit he did was some of the absolute worst but if you look at what he has done since, listen to him speak now and since then, he has completely transformed and he a sincere and humble man

even when he has spoken on Kaepernick he talks about how you need to look at yourself and change things in you to make the world a better place. Could all the things he has done since he was released from prison be bullshit? Sure but if you really look into what he has done and then actually listen to him that is pretty hard to front

I thought I would hate that dude forever in all ways but he changed my mind but I can see how people don't want to give him a second chance but I do know he has done all he can to try and help people see a new Michael Vick

No one can know what is in his mind, but he didn't feel bad when he was literally killing dogs with his hands and they were whining and fighting not to die. He didn't feel bad when he complained about losing money outside the courtroom. He felt bad when it was best for him to say so so he could get jobs again. It could be genuine or it could be what he needed to do to make money again. I personally don't think it is genuine, but who can know. I also think what he has done for animals has been overstated.

He has given a couple million for the care and rescue of dogs, partnered with the president of the humane society, spoken to congress to push new dogfighting laws, spoken to many inner city schools to discuss and earn of the culture of dogfighting.

What have you guys done?

not fought and killed dogs then paid pennies to continue making millions...

of course he's done those things.  shame will do that to you, and the risk of losing a multimillion dollar contract.

Oh so no matter what he's done it'll be a "but but but" situation.

Fact is he's still worth $16m. He doesn't have to do any of that, or work again if he doesn't want to. He could say fuck you and fuck dogs and laugh his ass off. Him working with the humane society, Congress, and speaking to kids at risk of falling into the culture is doing a hell of a lot more for the ethical treatment of dogs than all of you here and and everyone you know combined will do for them, including spending your hour a month waking a dog at your local humane society.

Sure it is something, but we don't know how genuine it is. I hope it is. How much has he given exactly?
12/3/19 5:30 PM
12/2/05
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

Yeah!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

You are showing yourself to be a special kind of retard.  How do you read my post, where I specifically say "why have him in the SPOTLIGHT, and you SOMEHOW translate that to "He should never be able to make a living again!"?

I'm being serious.  That was a borderline retarded comment to make.  You are insinuating that the ONLY job he could have, is one involving him being on camera.  That's a super retarded thing to insinuate, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad you make the argumetns you make, as they are so dumb it adds substance to mine.

Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do or be able to do for a living? The world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings.

The same mother fucker who you think you are who says what he should and shouldn't be able to do.  We both are allowed to are opinions numbnuts.  Do you really think your opinion should be the only one that matters?

You are very close minded.  Do you really think the only jobs Michael Vick could do, has to do with entertainment?  Just stop now, because the more you reply the more I show you how ignorant you are.  

There are thousands of jobs Michael Vick could be doing, none of which involve being on camera, the spotlight, or anything to do with the NFL.   Once you are able to comprehend this simple concept, perhaps maybe then you will finally be enlightened.

Except I'm not the one saying what he should and shouldn't be able to do, I don't believe that is my call or right. I'm not the hiring manager at Fox, yes Fake Pie is right, if that person at Fox felt like you, he wouldn't have that job.

This isn't about a simple opinion with how you're wording it, yes you have the right to your opinion on Michael Vick, you can think or believe whatever you want about the man...my point is you or I do not have the right to say what a free man is able to do for a living. ...this isn't an opinion, it's the law.

Yes I understand he could do "other jobs"....that's still not the point. He is a free man, he has the right to try and make the best living with what he knows and how he knows best. Are you a fucking communist or something?

Everyone has the right to say what they think should happen with hiring decisions. He isn't asking for the government to outlaw hiring him. He is giving his opinion on what the NFL should choose to do.
12/3/19 5:42 PM
10/3/16

It wasn't just pit bulls.

He used golden retrievers as bait between two dogs that were fighting.

It is inexcusable what he did. I don't care if he served time. He's a piece of shit. And you're all suckers for buying his 'changed' life.

12/3/19 5:54 PM
5/13/11

12/3/19 5:56 PM
1/2/06

He has paid his debt to society and made the most of his second chance. 

12/3/19 6:03 PM
1/1/01
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

you are smart enough to know that people almost never realize the shit in the moment as they do after the fact. I am not making any kind of excuses for him, only where he is now as to where he was then. I am also not just speaking what he has done for animal issues but just in general how seems to conduct his life and himslef now as to back then. I will not argue with anyone who doesn't believe he deserves a second chance, what he did was beyond bad

12/3/19 6:05 PM
6/7/05

People love to go full retard about animals, when much of the world still eats dogs.

Re-outraging now seems kind of pointless. Dogs mean different things to different people. To some, they are food, to some they are companions, and to some they are money. Dogfighting is definitely an ugly business, but outside of issues related to unreported taxable income, I don't think it warrants prison time. If you don't go to jail for stealing from a store, you shouldn't go jail for killing dogs. Hefty fine would have sufficed.

12/3/19 6:07 PM
8/31/11

Hate when guys use dog fighting terms as their nicknames too. Like it's tough or masculine. Gamebred is a horrible nickname lthat no one has a problem with. 

12/3/19 6:08 PM
1/1/01
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

if you believe a person is not worth of redemption I get it but that says more about you than them

12/3/19 6:09 PM
12/2/05

"if you believe a person is not worth of redemption I get it but that says more about you than them"

You can't literally mean any person can be worthy of redemption.

12/3/19 6:10 PM
12/2/05
Souljacker - 
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

you are smart enough to know that people almost never realize the shit in the moment as they do after the fact. I am not making any kind of excuses for him, only where he is now as to where he was then. I am also not just speaking what he has done for animal issues but just in general how seems to conduct his life and himslef now as to back then. I will not argue with anyone who doesn't believe he deserves a second chance, what he did was beyond bad

I'd be curious if he'd have kept doing all that shit if he never got the second shot at the NFL after BKing.
12/3/19 6:13 PM
1/1/01
Fake Pie - "if you believe a person is not worth of redemption I get it but that says more about you than them"

just about anyone, now that doesn't mean they should not be punished even by death

12/3/19 6:14 PM
11/18/09

I'm an Eagles fan who loves dogs. When they picked him up right outta jail, I was very conflicted. These are the things I have to remind myself:

He was sentenced to the longest jail sentence ever for that charge. 

He served his time. 2 years in Leavenworth ain't easy. He shouldn't be able to work now?

He is now and has been since he was released, the biggest source of help against dog fighting. Yes obviously he had to do it but it's still true. He also did tons of charity work and speaking engagements in the communities that actually have dog fighting. Almost all done without news cameras. 

Thats spreading awareness. Vick has been responsible for putting so many more eyeballs on the dogfighting issue and except for those poor 6-8 dogs that were killed, in a weird way Vick was the best thing to ever happen to the anti-dogfighting issue. Laws have been made, sentencing guidelines changed, more funding, etc. Dont think 2 years in jail was long enough for what he did? Ok, but at the time that was the max judges could give. Now the penalties are much stiffer all because of the spotlight Vick put on the issue. 

Since he got out, he has caused zero problems and paid back his fines in whole. 

He is still a piece of shit human for what he did. But he did the time and comlplied with everything asked of him. Actually went above and beyond. He lost 2 years at his absolute physical prime while he was the highest paid player in the league. Again, he was a piece of shit. But he paid a big price. And if he was the guy selling popcorn, nobody would give a fuck if he just got out of jail. He did his time and was ready to work. 

I feel like I did a bad job explaining all this. Hopefully it makes some kind of sense. 

12/3/19 6:15 PM
1/1/01
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

I'd be curious if he'd have kept doing all that shit if he never got the second shot at the NFL after BKing.

its like a dude that cheats and just thinks it is part of his life, he gets caught and finally realizes he will actually lose his wife, kids, etc, they will see things through difference lense. Most of the time people don't reach that point of realization until they are caught to make them see clearly

12/3/19 6:16 PM
6/7/05

Back when people used to have more than 1.5 children, nobody would give a fuck. All peoples' wasted love goes to dogs instead of children now, which is nice for the pet with a 10 year lifespan, but doesn't do shit for the world. Luckily, the Muslims are picking up the slack by outbreeding the rest of the people in the world by a wide margin. Unfortunately, religious Muslims don't allow dogs in the house, so they will probably fuck with you over it after taxing and oppressing you.

12/3/19 6:26 PM
11/14/16
Acidic -

Lol showed remorse?

to show remorse doesn't mean you're truest remorseful. He could have been acting. Getting caught was his only remorse 

So who the hell gets to decide? Have you ever done anything that you feel horrible about and would do anything to change it. Well with your logic I would not know if you were sorry so fuck you. Bunch of emotional women on the og tonight 

12/3/19 6:27 PM
5/13/11
Souljacker -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

if you believe a person is not worth of redemption I get it but that says more about you than them

I wouldn't personally conform to a blanket statement like that. No, I do not believe every single person is worthy of redemption. 

12/3/19 6:28 PM
11/20/09
RenatoCocopreta - Vick was the last straw for pro sports in general. I was done after he got signed by the eagles, have only followed mma and grappling since then. Maybe a bit of hockey. But the arrogant thug culture of many modern sports is a dealbreaker. I dont even want to see that kind of behavior, let alone do anything to support it.

I don't think you are wrong for having this point of view, but in a way it was easier to be a fan in my younger years when ignorance was bliss. 

Sadly, the more wisdom I gain in life, the more I tend to agree with what you said here.

12/3/19 6:29 PM
12/2/05
Souljacker - 
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 
Fake Pie - 
Souljacker - 

its like a dude that cheats and just thinks it is part of his life, he gets caught and finally realizes he will actually lose his wife, kids, etc, they will see things through difference lense. Most of the time people don't reach that point of realization until they are caught to make them see clearly

That's a perfect example of being remorseful about the consequences not the action.

If he hadn't been prosecuted, you think he would care?
12/3/19 6:30 PM
12/26/05

Ron Mexico is almost as hilarious as Carlos Danger

12/3/19 6:30 PM
12/2/05
Souljacker - 
Fake Pie - "if you believe a person is not worth of redemption I get it but that says more about you than them"

just about anyone, now that doesn't mean they should not be punished even by death

Ah well that's some spiritual shit I don't fuck with :)
12/3/19 6:32 PM
11/20/09
Fake Pie - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

Yeah!

Everyone has the right to say what they think should happen with hiring decisions. He isn't asking for the government to outlaw hiring him. He is giving his opinion on what the NFL should choose to do.

Bee

Eye

En

Gee

Oh

12/3/19 6:33 PM
12/2/05
PhillyFights - 

I'm an Eagles fan who loves dogs. When they picked him up right outta jail, I was very conflicted. These are the things I have to remind myself:

He was sentenced to the longest jail sentence ever for that charge. 

He served his time. 2 years in Leavenworth ain't easy. He shouldn't be able to work now?

He is now and has been since he was released, the biggest source of help against dog fighting. Yes obviously he had to do it but it's still true. He also did tons of charity work and speaking engagements in the communities that actually have dog fighting. Almost all done without news cameras. 

Thats spreading awareness. Vick has been responsible for putting so many more eyeballs on the dogfighting issue and except for those poor 6-8 dogs that were killed, in a weird way Vick was the best thing to ever happen to the anti-dogfighting issue. Laws have been made, sentencing guidelines changed, more funding, etc. Dont think 2 years in jail was long enough for what he did? Ok, but at the time that was the max judges could give. Now the penalties are much stiffer all because of the spotlight Vick put on the issue. 

Since he got out, he has caused zero problems and paid back his fines in whole. 

He is still a piece of shit human for what he did. But he did the time and comlplied with everything asked of him. Actually went above and beyond. He lost 2 years at his absolute physical prime while he was the highest paid player in the league. Again, he was a piece of shit. But he paid a big price. And if he was the guy selling popcorn, nobody would give a fuck if he just got out of jail. He did his time and was ready to work. 

I feel like I did a bad job explaining all this. Hopefully it makes some kind of sense. 

"He shouldn't be able to work now?"

Literally no one is saying that. Is there anything besides not being able to work and being able to make millions working first for an NFL team and now in sports media?

" the biggest source of help against dog fighting"

Why do people say this? How are you quantifying it?

" in a weird way Vick was the best thing to ever happen to the anti-dogfighting issue."

Sure and the Titanic put a spotlight on boat safety reforms.

"I feel like I did a bad job explaining all this. Hopefully it makes some kind of sense. "

It does make sense. My responses are not trying to say you are wrong, just giving my perspective.