OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/3/19 10:46 PM
3/14/04
Fake Pie - 
D241 -

Sorry Philly fan, but that looks like you are reaching.

People are aware kids get molested.

People are aware dog fighting happens.

What most people weren't aware of, were the details regarding sex rings, private islands, rich people being involved.

What most people weren't aware of, were the details of dog fighting, how innocent pets are stolen and used as bait dogs, how famous people are involved.

Jeffrey Epstein brought awareness to pedos! Imagine if he went on anti pedo tours after instead of being murdered? 

That would be great. It would show he learned that diddling kids and trafficking sex slaves was wrong because he suffered negative consequences for getting caught. He'd be a changed person and would be a great spokesperson against rapin'.
12/3/19 10:47 PM
11/19/19
D241 -

22:54 mark of the video starts to talk about Vick's direct involvement.

t wasn't just his property and he claimed he was unaware. That was his initial claim, however....

A legal court document(State of Facts) accusing him of his direct involvement, and presence, of the torture and killing of 6-8 dogs via hanging, drowning, and slamming to death, he signed to be true and correct. These were the dogs that lost, not that it makes a difference. And these are the only ones and methods he admitted guilt to.

Can you imagine, an already beat up bloodied dog that just fought trying everything in it's power to please you, only to lose, and then have it's master hang you, or slam you on hard pavement, or hold you under water until life is gone? A dog's eyes, looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes, as the last thing it see's?

Remember these details about Michael Vick. I don't go on rants often, but seeing him on tv and get praise has never sat well with me. There's no video of what he admitted to, but there is video of Ray Rice and not to condone or downplay what Ray Rice did, but what he did in my opinion, isn't nearly as bad as what Michael Vick did. But hey, Ray Rice wasn't nearly as captivating as Michael Vick was at qb, so perhaps that is the difference.

I love dogs, but dogs are not people.

Edited: 12/3/19 11:16 PM
1/9/02

lol @ sending a guy to jail for yrs for fighting pitbulls, thats what they're made to do.

what a travesty of justice and a waste of taxpayer money.

lets pay 100k to imprison someone that poses no danger to other humans!!!

should have slapped his wrist and moved on

just because you really like your dog doesn't mean our society should treat it any different than some other possession someone likes, like their car, or a nice potted plant.

12/3/19 11:17 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 
Fake Pie - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

He can work in the background, he doesn't need to be in the limelight.

Yeah!

He should never be able to make a living again!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

If you don't like it, you can change the fucking channel

You are showing yourself to be a special kind of retard.  How do you read my post, where I specifically say "why have him in the SPOTLIGHT, and you SOMEHOW translate that to "He should never be able to make a living again!"?

I'm being serious.  That was a borderline retarded comment to make.  You are insinuating that the ONLY job he could have, is one involving him being on camera.  That's a super retarded thing to insinuate, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad you make the argumetns you make, as they are so dumb it adds substance to mine.

So, if you want, please continue lol.

Sure buddy, whatever you need to tell yourself

Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do or be able to do for a living? The world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings.

"He can work in the background"

Yeah, Vick is going to be a boom mic operator and not on camera as a analyst.

There you go again, giving it to me on a silver platter.

"Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do"?

The same mother fucker who you think you are who says what he should and shouldn't be able to do.  We both are allowed to are opinions numbnuts.  Do you really think your opinion should be the only one that matters?

You are very close minded.  Do you really think the only jobs Michael Vick could do, has to do with entertainment?  Just stop now, because the more you reply the more I show you how ignorant you are.  

My stance is simple to everyone else BUT you.  

There are thousands of jobs Michael Vick could be doing, none of which involve being on camera, the spotlight, or anything to do with the NFL.   Once you are able to comprehend this simple concept, perhaps maybe then you will finally be enlightened.

Except I'm not the one saying what he should and shouldn't be able to do, I don't believe that is my call or right. I'm not the hiring manager at Fox, yes Fake Pie is right, if that person at Fox felt like you, he wouldn't have that job.

This isn't about a simple opinion with how you're wording it, yes you have the right to your opinion on Michael Vick, you can think or believe whatever you want about the man...my point is you or I do not have the right to say what a free man is able to do for a living. ...this isn't an opinion, it's the law.

Yes I understand he could do "other jobs"....that's still not the point. He is a free man, he has the right to try and make the best living with what he knows and how he knows best. Are you a fucking communist or something?

Everyone has the right to say what they think should happen with hiring decisions. He isn't asking for the government to outlaw hiring him. He is giving his opinion on what the NFL should choose to do.

Bee

Eye

En

Gee

Oh

Oh bullshit

I'm not disputing your freedom of speech, you can declare your opinions all you want.

I'm arguing the actual, specific opinion and disagreeing with the ideology that created it.

You're promoting and endorsing cancel culture, "This person offends me, I don't like him so he shouldn't be on my tv"

I fundamentally and wholeheartedly disagree with that ideology
12/3/19 11:17 PM
9/5/11

Underrated arm after all these years, yes. 

12/3/19 11:18 PM
1/9/02

OP is unable to logically determine whether his emotions are appropiate so he's no different than a teenage girl

lol @ pretending the dogs Vick was killing were little humans so you can get more mad about it.

what a weirdo

12/3/19 11:32 PM
12/2/05
angryinch -
Fake Pie - 
D241 -

Sorry Philly fan, but that looks like you are reaching.

People are aware kids get molested.

People are aware dog fighting happens.

What most people weren't aware of, were the details regarding sex rings, private islands, rich people being involved.

What most people weren't aware of, were the details of dog fighting, how innocent pets are stolen and used as bait dogs, how famous people are involved.

Jeffrey Epstein brought awareness to pedos! Imagine if he went on anti pedo tours after instead of being murdered? 

That would be great. It would show he learned that diddling kids and trafficking sex slaves was wrong because he suffered negative consequences for getting caught. He'd be a changed person and would be a great spokesperson against rapin'.

What he should never work again? No one can be redeemed? 

12/3/19 11:34 PM
12/2/05
CaptainWoody -
D241 - 
Fake Pie - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 

I don't agree with him being an NFL commentator and NFL Pro Bowl Legend coach alongside Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, and Terrell Davis. 

I'm super happy he seems to show remorse, and is trying to make a change.  Why have him in the spotlight?

He can work in the background, he doesn't need to be in the limelight.

Yeah!

He should never be able to make a living again!

Listen to yourself man, he did the time he was sentenced to do, he's checked all the boxes since...he has every right to make a living that he is able to do. People want to hear his opinion on football...because he was pretty good at football. The universe doesn't revolve around you and your "feelings"

If you don't like it, you can change the fucking channel

You are showing yourself to be a special kind of retard.  How do you read my post, where I specifically say "why have him in the SPOTLIGHT, and you SOMEHOW translate that to "He should never be able to make a living again!"?

I'm being serious.  That was a borderline retarded comment to make.  You are insinuating that the ONLY job he could have, is one involving him being on camera.  That's a super retarded thing to insinuate, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm glad you make the argumetns you make, as they are so dumb it adds substance to mine.

So, if you want, please continue lol.

Sure buddy, whatever you need to tell yourself

Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do or be able to do for a living? The world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings.

"He can work in the background"

Yeah, Vick is going to be a boom mic operator and not on camera as a analyst.

There you go again, giving it to me on a silver platter.

"Who the fuck are you to say what he should or shouldn't do"?

The same mother fucker who you think you are who says what he should and shouldn't be able to do.  We both are allowed to are opinions numbnuts.  Do you really think your opinion should be the only one that matters?

You are very close minded.  Do you really think the only jobs Michael Vick could do, has to do with entertainment?  Just stop now, because the more you reply the more I show you how ignorant you are.  

My stance is simple to everyone else BUT you.  

There are thousands of jobs Michael Vick could be doing, none of which involve being on camera, the spotlight, or anything to do with the NFL.   Once you are able to comprehend this simple concept, perhaps maybe then you will finally be enlightened.

Except I'm not the one saying what he should and shouldn't be able to do, I don't believe that is my call or right. I'm not the hiring manager at Fox, yes Fake Pie is right, if that person at Fox felt like you, he wouldn't have that job.

This isn't about a simple opinion with how you're wording it, yes you have the right to your opinion on Michael Vick, you can think or believe whatever you want about the man...my point is you or I do not have the right to say what a free man is able to do for a living. ...this isn't an opinion, it's the law.

Yes I understand he could do "other jobs"....that's still not the point. He is a free man, he has the right to try and make the best living with what he knows and how he knows best. Are you a fucking communist or something?

Everyone has the right to say what they think should happen with hiring decisions. He isn't asking for the government to outlaw hiring him. He is giving his opinion on what the NFL should choose to do.

Bee

Eye

En

Gee

Oh

Oh bullshit

I'm not disputing your freedom of speech, you can declare your opinions all you want.

I'm arguing the actual, specific opinion and disagreeing with the ideology that created it.

You're promoting and endorsing cancel culture, "This person offends me, I don't like him so he shouldn't be on my tv"

I fundamentally and wholeheartedly disagree with that ideology

Cancel culture is generally someone said something I don't like not someone murdered animals horrifically. But sure people are always entitled to campaign for what they want. 

12/3/19 11:34 PM
12/2/05
gregbrady -

lol @ sending a guy to jail for yrs for fighting pitbulls, thats what they're made to do.

just because you really like your dog doesn't mean our society should treat it any different than some other possession someone likes, like their car, or a nice potted plant.

Oh Greg. Is Vick your favorite person? :) 

Edited: 12/3/19 11:38 PM
1/9/02
Fake Pie -
gregbrady -

no my favorite person would be whoever the dude was around here that shot 2 loose pitbulls and hung them from a tree and made a sign saying all loose pitbulls would be shot.

that guy is awesome

12/3/19 11:40 PM
2/5/06
xNate - 
CaptainWoody - I have to preface this by saying I in no way condone or excuse what he did...It's disgusting and he's a POS for it.

"Can you imagine, an already beat up bloodied dog that just fought trying everything in it's power to please you, only to lose, and then have it's master hang you, or slam you on hard pavement, or hold you under water until life is gone? A dog's eyes, looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes, as the last thing it see's?"

You're over emotional here..., like a hallmark movie
They weren't fighting to please him, they were fighting to win, to survive. They weren't his pets, they weren't used to love and compassion from this man...they never experienced that.

"looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes"

Come on man, Dogs do not cry with emotion, those dogs were full on survival mode their entire lives...they didn't look back at Vick with a "why has thou art forsaken me" moment....they were scared the way a zebra is scared when a lion is chasing them....it was primal, not emotional.

You've been able to take a pretty shitty scenario and make it kinda funny.

I could say some mean shit out of spite, but you wouldn't be affected by it.  You're not even worth pity.

Homeboy was a little purple, you were a little retarded.

Oh you could? 

Are you 7 years old? Calling me retarded when you don't even have a slight understanding. What other Disney movies do you believe genius? Are your toys coming to life when you leave the room? Are clown fish traversing oceans to find their only child? ...Maybe your dogs are sharing spaghetti and falling in love?

First that dog didn't "realize" it was being abandoned, second, dogs don't cry with emotion, their tear ducts do not work that way, there is something medically wrong with that dog if tears are leaking. Stop being a child, dogs are not human....grow up.

https://www.rover.com/blog/do-dogs-cry/ 

While dogs can feel sadness and grief, they don't actually cry in the same way humans do. In other words, their sad feelings don't prompt a flow of tears. Humans, in fact, are the only animals on the planet to shed tears as a result of their emotional state.

Dogs do have tear ducts, of course. These function to keep the eyes comfortable and clear of debris, and they drain back into the nasal cavity rather than dripping from the eye. This means something may be amiss if your dog is leaking tears. In dogs, tears could be caused by:

• a developing eye infection
  • a blocked tear duct (also known as epiphora)
  • allergies
  • damage to the surface of the eye

12/3/19 11:52 PM
12/2/05
gregbrady -
Fake Pie -
gregbrady -

no my favorite person would be whoever the dude was around here that shot 2 loose pitbulls and hung them from a tree and made a sign saying all loose pitbulls would be shot.

that guy is awesome

Jesus. 

12/3/19 11:53 PM
12/2/05
CaptainWoody -
xNate - 
CaptainWoody - I have to preface this by saying I in no way condone or excuse what he did...It's disgusting and he's a POS for it.

"Can you imagine, an already beat up bloodied dog that just fought trying everything in it's power to please you, only to lose, and then have it's master hang you, or slam you on hard pavement, or hold you under water until life is gone? A dog's eyes, looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes, as the last thing it see's?"

You're over emotional here..., like a hallmark movie
They weren't fighting to please him, they were fighting to win, to survive. They weren't his pets, they weren't used to love and compassion from this man...they never experienced that.

"looking at yours, with tears in his own eyes"

Come on man, Dogs do not cry with emotion, those dogs were full on survival mode their entire lives...they didn't look back at Vick with a "why has thou art forsaken me" moment....they were scared the way a zebra is scared when a lion is chasing them....it was primal, not emotional.

You've been able to take a pretty shitty scenario and make it kinda funny.

I could say some mean shit out of spite, but you wouldn't be affected by it.  You're not even worth pity.

Homeboy was a little purple, you were a little retarded.

Oh you could? 

Are you 7 years old? Calling me retarded when you don't even have a slight understanding. What other Disney movies do you believe genius? Are your toys coming to life when you leave the room? Are clown fish traversing oceans to find their only child? ...Maybe your dogs are sharing spaghetti and falling in love?

First that dog didn't "realize" it was being abandoned, second, dogs don't cry with emotion, their tear ducts do not work that way, there is something medically wrong with that dog if tears are leaking. Stop being a child, dogs are not human....grow up.

https://www.rover.com/blog/do-dogs-cry/ 

While dogs can feel sadness and grief, they don't actually cry in the same way humans do. In other words, their sad feelings don't prompt a flow of tears. Humans, in fact, are the only animals on the planet to shed tears as a result of their emotional state.

Dogs do have tear ducts, of course. These function to keep the eyes comfortable and clear of debris, and they drain back into the nasal cavity rather than dripping from the eye. This means something may be amiss if your dog is leaking tears. In dogs, tears could be caused by:

• a developing eye infection
  • a blocked tear duct (also known as epiphora)
  • allergies
  • damage to the surface of the eye

Stupid debate but.obviously we can't possibly know what feelings dogs have can we? How could we? 

12/3/19 11:58 PM
11/20/09
PhillyFights - 
D241 -

So no, that's not a the difference, and I think you know it.

Like I said, I was only addressing the beginning parts. But I also know there were a lot of people who didn't know dog fighting even existed still. Some of those people went on to donate or volunteer etc...

i just don't think it's a good comparison. 

And again, I'm not trying to defend Vick. Just saying I believe he ended up doing more help than harm even if he didn't mean to.

That's an optimistic way of viewing it.  Not mad at ya.

12/3/19 11:59 PM
11/20/09

Took seven pages, but we finally found our "edgy" guy.  Speaks tough from a safe place.  Basic.

12/4/19 12:22 AM
12/2/05
Cotton -

Doesn't absolve someone for fighting dogs to the death, but counts towards suggesting they changed fundamentally as a person imo. 

No that's awesome. Most wouldn't do that. Credit where it is due. 

12/4/19 12:44 AM
6/27/15
BostonCharm - 

Idk. Something is inherently twisted about finding enjoyment watching dogs be hurt. That's just something you don't wash off after your sports agent rights up a good publicity plan. You have something in you that isn't wired correctly. 
   Lousy human being.

Good post, and NerveBlock nailed it. vick
is remorseful because he was caught, thats it and he is a fucking piece of shit.
12/4/19 12:48 AM
2/5/06

"Stupid debate but.obviously we can't possibly know what feelings dogs have can we? How could we? "

Fucking what?

We can and do know zoology. We understand the biology of a canines eye. We also can study their neurology and have very good knowledge of it. Yes, dogs and other animals have emotions, no one is disputing that, we have that knowledge. They do not however have emotions on a human level or an understanding of them, they are far below primates on this level, it is much more primal. Humans on the other hand, have a habit of humanizing everything, that's why we see "faces" in things and it's especially true when observing animals behavior...we associate our feelings with them.

Dogs learn by repetition, the first time you left your dog it had no idea you were coming back. They don't cry, they may have anxiety over it but they don't "realize" what's happening. It takes a lot of repetition for them to "assume" you're coming back. Over a long enough time, they will learn the schedule, if you are consistent in your leaving and returning like for work. We have observed dogs behavior in this. They also learn through sounds, we've observed dogs in homes lay perfectly still or sleeping with traffic coming and going and perk up when the owners car is coming down the street....your dog may be doing this and you don't know.

12/4/19 12:52 AM
6/27/15
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
BostonCharm - 

Idk. Something is inherently twisted about finding enjoyment watching dogs be hurt. That's just something you don't wash off after your sports agent rights up a good publicity plan. You have something in you that isn't wired correctly. 
   Lousy human being.

Exactly!

Put yourself in your own shoes as a kid, and imagine being in a totally different culture.  You have to be groomed to accept dogs being brutally murdered.  Your first time seeing it, if you are a NORMAL human being, it won't sit right with you and you will have compassion.  

Kids of all backgrounds play with bugs and small critters.  Pychos are the ones who kill and dissect them.  

It feels like people who would have nothing to do with slamming dogs on the hard cement until they are dead, are defending this guy.  I don't get that.

No one is or has defended what he did.

They (we) are understanding that he grew up with this culture, we understand that it wasn't about torturing animals for the enjoyment of torturing animals, ....like what a lot of psychopaths and serial killers started out doing..there's a difference in what he was doing and someone like that. He didn't value these dogs like a lot of people do as loving pets and used them for a barbaric betting game....that is different than Jeffrey Dahmer finding cats, torturing, killing and dissecting them for pleasure. I hope you have the capacity to see and understand that.

The world isn't black and white, there's differences and contexts. He committed a crime, a crime that even with his cultural upbringing he knew was a crime. He was caught, sentenced and did what was required of him.....even if he's bullshitting, and he still doesn't value dogs in the same way as you or I that doesn't give you or I the right to say he can't be on camera and do a job that he is qualified to do. As long as he isn't and doesn't do those crimes again, he is a free man, ...he isn't running for public office, he isn't in any position of power, he's talking about football on TV.

whos a good boy? yes mike you're a good boy.
You are a fucking idiot fanboy.
the animal abuse laws in this country are a fucking joke,
Vick is a shitstain and you are too.
C
12/4/19 1:00 AM
2/5/06
aryaseyeballz - 
CaptainWoody - 
D241 - 
BostonCharm - 

Lousy human being.

Exactly!

Put yourself in your own shoes as a kid, and imagine being in a totally different culture.  You have to be groomed to accept dogs being brutally murdered.  Your first time seeing it, if you are a NORMAL human being, it won't sit right with you and you will have compassion.  

Kids of all backgrounds play with bugs and small critters.  Pychos are the ones who kill and dissect them.  

It feels like people who would have nothing to do with slamming dogs on the hard cement until they are dead, are defending this guy.  I don't get that.

No one is or has defended what he did.

They (we) are understanding that he grew up with this culture, we understand that it wasn't about torturing animals for the enjoyment of torturing animals, ....like what a lot of psychopaths and serial killers started out doing..there's a difference in what he was doing and someone like that. He didn't value these dogs like a lot of people do as loving pets and used them for a barbaric betting game....that is different than Jeffrey Dahmer finding cats, torturing, killing and dissecting them for pleasure. I hope you have the capacity to see and understand that.

The world isn't black and white, there's differences and contexts. He committed a crime, a crime that even with his cultural upbringing he knew was a crime. He was caught, sentenced and did what was required of him.....even if he's bullshitting, and he still doesn't value dogs in the same way as you or I that doesn't give you or I the right to say he can't be on camera and do a job that he is qualified to do. As long as he isn't and doesn't do those crimes again, he is a free man, ...he isn't running for public office, he isn't in any position of power, he's talking about football on TV.

whos a good boy? yes mike you're a good boy.
You are a fucking idiot fanboy.
the animal abuse laws in this country are a fucking joke,
Vick is a shitstain and you are too.
C

You're an unevolved emotional child

You also seem to suffer from reading comprehension issues
12/4/19 1:05 AM
12/2/05

People are too emotional. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some people think Hitler did nothing wrong :) 

12/4/19 1:06 AM
12/2/05

That was a joke if not clear. 

12/4/19 1:35 AM
11/19/19
Fake Pie -

People are too emotional. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some people think Hitler did nothing wrong :) 

Those people are called.....

GERMANS

12/4/19 3:04 AM
1/6/10

There's 100's of thousands of children being sexually abused/abducted every year and your focus is on a dogs.. 

12/4/19 5:02 AM
2/20/09

I think he's a reprehensible person for what he did.  
I also think he's paid for it and deserves to be able to move on and make a living.

No need for the two opinions to be mutually exclusive.